Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by popsofctown »

My conclusion is a slight shift up because I've developed more substance around the gutread I was feeling, but I did note a couple scum indicative things in case people see more meaning in them than I should.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by Aloratom »

In post 1297, Ame wrote:
In post 640, Aloratom wrote:You do best with VCA. How do you analyze someone like Pops using VCA. I think she has had a vote on almost everyone.
Why did you ask this?
I don't know how to use VCA all that well, but it seems to me that a player who moves their vote around a lot would be more difficult to analyze. But I may be wrong. That may be just my ignorance talking.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by popsofctown »

that took forever I'm not doing the other 2 today
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by popsofctown »

people tell me I don't ask enough questions as both alignments, I'm not sure whether that will extend to question quality though.
"Well, I..."
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 1298, Aloratom wrote:
In post 1296, Ame wrote:
In post 772, Aloratom wrote:I get the impression that Pops is trying to drill down on everyone, although there haven't appeared to have been terrifically strong pushes. I call her obstinate town as she's the type of player to get under the skin of whomever she's engaged with while Paragon is just annoying. Pops' questions appear to shake people more than Paragon's.
Can you point out the posts that gave you the impression that she was trying to drill down on everyone (and how it has been different than Paragon). Additionally, can you explain the difference between "getting under one's skin" and "annoying": is?
It's been awhile since I've posted this so I'll need some time to find examples. As far as the questioning goes, Pops' questions seem to have more substance, or at least did to that point, than Paragon's. And early on I got an irritating vibe from her where she seemed to be making people squirm a bit while Paragon was more of a fly that you just kept swatting at but couldn't shake.
If you could bring up concrete examples of the difference that would really be helpful. Like I'm curious which of pops posts felt like they were making people squirm and which of Paragon's felt like swatting at a fly.

In post 1301, Aloratom wrote:
In post 1297, Ame wrote:
In post 640, Aloratom wrote:You do best with VCA. How do you analyze someone like Pops using VCA. I think she has had a vote on almost everyone.
Why did you ask this?
I don't know how to use VCA all that well, but it seems to me that a player who moves their vote around a lot would be more difficult to analyze. But I may be wrong. That may be just my ignorance talking.
Why did you ask it though? Because you felt it was a discrepancy in Fuzz's game play?

In post 1171, Ame wrote:
In post 961, Aloratom wrote:I really didn't like his response in 828 regarding a read change.
What don't you like about it?
Did you answer this btw?
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:05 pm

Post by Ame »

Lol Luca please don't read this
In post 1288, Ame wrote:@Para The reason why is because it's hard to put the read into words. As Churros said it's sometimes easier to just push the read instead of wasting your time with the details if they probably aren't going to convince anyone. I believe the read is solid, but I don't think the reasons are those that can easily be transferred from one mind to another through text in a convincing way. A lot of it has to do with my personal experience with pops, not just from her play in the one game I've played with her, but in our communication pattern. I guess it's what you would call a soul read. Hm I think maybe I'll try to better put it into words in my next post.
OK so basically boils down to pops wouldn't post this as anything but scum:
This is genuinely where 80% of my read is coming from. Again though it's not something that can really be cased in a convincing way to other people. But basically it goes against pops' interaction style and our...there's a word missing from English here. I referred to it as a communication pattern before, but it's more than that. There's a time element to it. Like there's an ongoing dialogue between people even if they haven't spoken to each other in some time. And the nature of that dialogue changes with the length of the intervals between communication...so like pops would post this as town if we hadn't spoken in some time, but since we were more or less just coming from another game she would not. And specifically, because she's pops. Her interaction style is more indirect and associative and non-linear. Yeah, that's it, non-linear describes it well. Town or unaligned pops would respond to my affection in a non-linear way or not at all. Possibly a joke or a meta-commentary. Yeah, meta-commentary, like this:
popsofctown wrote:
I kind of have been wanting to play with Ame
Like you see how it's indirect? Not directed at me but
about
me. This is very common in pops' interaction style. Example:
In post 668, popsofctown wrote:i'm sorry I know it's an English speaking forum but when my Hearthstone card swears that it wants vengaza it always means so much more than the word "revenge"
The way pops responded to me in 159 tells me that her post was consciously constructed. It's something she had to think about making. She responded to me in a way that she felt like she should. But it's against her natural interaction style. She wouldn't have responded that way if she weren't image-conscious. The rest of 159 is also clearly constructed for the sake of participation points. No scum hunting or real solving. It's just display:
In post 159, popsofctown wrote:Ame!

I'm not digging into this game super easily so far.

Wiisp is becoming a townread, because of the reverse survivalism inherent in aggravating Robbnva without actually getting votes onto him (man part of me wants to abbreviate "Robbnva" but I have played with Rob14 before and that makes it feel kinda wrong?)

I sympathize with Taly scumreading my slot, he wasn't explicit about it but I sense he's fairly allocating a Burden of good player on people, likewise giving Y'shtola a pass. Y'shtola seems to play kind of scummy as town, to me, I was in the mason game, although in that game being a mason is actually surprisingly similar to being scum so I'm not sure how much that counts for.
I hope she plays later.

How nasty are nomnomnom's deadline? I'm not actually minding the slow pace in terms of fun factor, but if AI needs to be to be forced out then yada yada
The wisp line is such a "I better show that I'm solving" line inserted specifically for that purpose. And the sympathize line is filler to add length to the post. Valueless information. Especially the bolded. The same goes for the last line. It's just a fake way to show engagement with the thread. But who is she asking really here and what is this actually even saying?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

tfw you drop your new friend's honorific too fast so she thinks you're scum :(
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:24 pm

Post by popsofctown »

this seems twice as difficult for a scum!Ame to come up with as the stuff Purgatory!Ame did and I would want to corroborate as seeming well faithed based on Purgatory (and probably One Night Ultimate Conspiracy postgame chat).

It's just a miss
"Well, I..."
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:25 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 1157, Luca Blight wrote:I don’t remember Math’s earlier reads bringing him much ire?

You’re also not talking into account that Math is a newer player and this would be his first scum game on site, so I wouldn’t expect optimal scum play from him.

I also get the impression Math is playing the ‘scum wouldn’t say that’ card. For example his Tom reasoning that he couldn’t recall when it came to typing his post. I believe he is deliberately seeming to be a bit ‘all over the place’ due to the general idea that scum play more carefully. If you look at his reason for Tr’ing Wiisp, it’s based on the same kind of idea which shows he aware of this, but the way Math presented his reads doesn’t ring true to me.
With the absence of trust from Warriors of Light, do those who bear false will feel the need to maintain themselves? The discourse suggests the Warriors of Light believe him to be a Sin Eater off his inactivity, at least my suspicions are as such. In this way, maintaining his current course when it has done little to aid him in this fight suggests a lack of ability to be creative in building falsehoods, but is this truly the case? How does this match his earlier posting, with the effort into such being plain?

It is nonsensical, to be sure.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Yshtola were you either head of Correspondence?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:26 pm

Post by popsofctown »

You don't have to answer or acknowledge that
"Well, I..."
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:27 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 1160, Luca Blight wrote:Nothing she had said struck me as townie. I’ve covered this already (not sure if you’re caught up yet) but there’s been a lack of direction and intensity to her posts the entire game. I was able to read her as Town pretty easily the last time I played with her and I liked most of her posts, which hasn’t been the case at all this time around.
My past experience suggests such, but is this truly the case?

Intensity does not necessitate alignment as a cause, as her demeanor suggests calmness and thoughtfulness. Is this not true?
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:28 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 1169, Luca Blight wrote:@Wiisp: Math is a relatively new player, but not a complete newbie. He has a few completed games on this site and apparently a fair few off-site. This would be his first scum game on this site, however. I haven’t seen Math make a post like that in his other games, from what I’ve read.
This is insufficient.

Changes in mind must be measured against the cause, for if we judged based on only change, what would that leave those who grow from their experiences?
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:30 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 1180, Ame wrote:@Ysha why didn't you vote Luca in 666/667?
The duty of a scholar is to be certain of their findings before releasing them to the public. If I cannot be certain of them myself, how can I expect those who would listen to also be certain of them?
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:33 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 1306, popsofctown wrote:tfw you drop your new friend's honorific too fast so she thinks you're scum :(
>__<
In post 1307, popsofctown wrote:this seems twice as difficult for a scum!Ame to come up with as the stuff Purgatory!Ame did and I would want to corroborate as seeming well faithed based on Purgatory (and probably One Night Ultimate Conspiracy postgame chat).

It's just a miss
What are you referring to in the conspiracy chat?
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:33 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 1313, Yshtola Rhul wrote:
In post 1180, Ame wrote:@Ysha why didn't you vote Luca in 666/667?
The duty of a scholar is to be certain of their findings before releasing them to the public. If I cannot be certain of them myself, how can I expect those who would listen to also be certain of them?
What was the purpose of 666 then? You made a call to action but did not follow up on it yourself.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:35 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1314, Ame wrote:
In post 1306, popsofctown wrote:tfw you drop your new friend's honorific too fast so she thinks you're scum :(
>__<
In post 1307, popsofctown wrote:this seems twice as difficult for a scum!Ame to come up with as the stuff Purgatory!Ame did and I would want to corroborate as seeming well faithed based on Purgatory (and probably One Night Ultimate Conspiracy postgame chat).

It's just a miss
What are you referring to in the conspiracy chat?
I don't think I acknowledged you at all, even though you wrote me a message on page 2, planning to interact during game 2, which I was locked out of. That might say something about my interaction style, yes?
"Well, I..."
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:36 pm

Post by Ame »

Yes that's exactly it.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:36 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 1240, Aloratom wrote:
In post 1010, Yshtola Rhul wrote:When you look to identify play by Y'shtola Rhul, you can expect to find play by Y'shtola Rhul.
Can you explain what you mean here?
Signs that Y'shtola Rhul are playing are what you find when looking for signs that Y'shtola Rhul are playing.

It is self-evident, for the two are one and the same.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:36 pm

Post by Ame »

Wow I can't believe you picked up on that.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:37 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 1242, Aloratom wrote:
In post 1156, Yshtola Rhul wrote:Does a Sin Eater recognize a threat to their existence? Those who have much to lose from their peers view those peers in a different light than those who would act for a higher purpose. Awareness grows, as one misstep may make the difference between an encapsulating crescendo and the illusion of falling off a tightrope overwhelming you.

Warriors of Light need only save themselves by telling the truth and trusting those who listen will recognize it as such. For stories that cannot be disproven, this will never result in damnation, only salvation or an extension of the trial of the heart. Sin Eaters must consider that by their own mouth, their damnation may be assured. This pressure creates a difference in posture, their words less reflective of their heart, their stances based on survival rather than truth.

For this case, which prevails? The thoughts ring true relative to their past testimony, their stances the same, their uncertainty reflective of their absence. Why then, say you, would a Sin Eater return for such a small token of their continued thoughts continuing when such thoughts brought them ire before? It is preposterous, for a Sin Eater must convince the town with honeyed words and conceived pretense to cover their darkened thoughts. Such is not the case, for none as such is present.
You don' t like to initiate conversation, do you? I notice that you ask vague questions and talk about theory but you dance around specifics. Why should I not scum read you?
Listen well, for my words provide the wisdom you seek. You need only read beyond what is present to your eyes. Read with your heart.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:39 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 1249, Churros wrote:My energy for mafia is too low this night already, I'll come back later.

By the way Yshtar I know you love wagons and seems to think math is towny for some reason so...

wink wink

killing woopers is a fun sport
You do a poor job of hiding yourself.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:39 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In this game I addressed you immediately, even though other things were going on. So it was different.
"Well, I..."
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:43 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

In post 1309, popsofctown wrote:Yshtola were you either head of Correspondence?
I am unaware of what this question means.
Yshtola Rhul
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Yshtola Rhul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:44 pm

Post by Yshtola Rhul »

Is there justice within this world? My heart says yes, the time of redemption for our world is at hand, and our actions today will create that world we seek. We needs only grasp it.

UNVOTE: Churros
VOTE: TheFuzzylogic99

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”