False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:22 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 366, eyestott wrote:mastina hadn't properly read the rules.
Hey can you really blame me? I did skim the rules to see if there were any special mechanics that would make me not want to stay in a game I didn't sign up for but nothing of that sort stood out to me and most rulesets are pretty much identical and the tidbit about your role was a small easily-missed detail.
In post 366, eyestott wrote:Pretty sure that Mastina now thinks that STRQ and I are both the role flavourers, which is why she offers to townbloc with us in .
Nah, not Turkey's slot. You, yes, got the meaning immediately, but Turkey's slot was an instant lock for the townbloc because if you look at page one it is painfully transparently obvious that you two are town. Like, you just have that instant sort of :vibe:. Role had nothing to do with it. Just the sort of instantly locked townbloc that you just...get sometimes.
In post 376, Titus wrote:whether her Adorable tunnel is noise.
It's not a tunnel and it's not noise.

I am telling you.
There is a night and day difference between Adorable's play in this game and every towngame of hers previously, where her play this game is a dead-ringer to her scumgame.
Even if we disregard the meta--which is a fucking stupid idea but sure let's humor it--Adorable has tripped multiple newbscum tells and multiple alarm bells that are irrelevant to her meta and have purely to do with play that would be tripping alarm bells from any player, even you, doing them. Things literally any player on site would do, and I would scumread them for doing it.

I've explained why is a suspicious entrance. It is an artificial post that clashes with the rest of the game. It is out of place, displaying confusion in a tone that says it's a complaint, and does nothing to try and fix it.
I've explained why is a suspicious start to the game. It is not only omgus'ing her main attacker (me), but also forcing content onto me, and disregarding all other posters in the game and giving nothing. (Of note, most of Adorable's "scumhunting" this game has been hyper-aggressive hyper-specific points that were forced, and if you want me to link to other instances of this I can.) It is self-evidently a stretch and is something Adorable forced for the sake of the read. To have reasons match what she wanted to push, and that push was on someone who found her suspect.

You might think newbies wouldn't push me as scum; they can and do. Pushing me as scum might not be the smartest choice, but newbscum aren't always smart enough to know it's not the smartest choice. You might think that they'd be too intimidated, but I was already scumreading Adorable. When I was already scumreading the slot, there's already intimidation and panic in it. When you have someone scumreading you that is a known, respected player, and you know that scumread is correct, and you are a newer player, what is a common response to it?

That's right--to attack them back. To omgus them. That was literally what the original basis of omgus as a scumtell was, the theory that scum would panic-attack their attacker.

But let's go beyond those two posts, shall we?
In post 115, Adorable wrote:I'm scum hunting and you're going to have to elaborate on the scum read.
This is a classical newbscum post where they insist that they are scumhunting, and do the 'why me = fry me' thing of asking why they are being scumread.
In post 168, Adorable wrote:So your scum read on me is because I played different than I did in that UPick game I played with you? This was my 3rd game I played here and players new to the forum change their playstyle. I don't like how your scum read on me is because I'm playing different and your play right now reminds me of scum Yumeko Kirari from that Waifu game when they were scum reading a town player who played different from their other town game and I also did not like the omgus you did on me.
I've already shown you why Adorable's claim here is false--her townplay in every single previous towngame of hers was nearly identical. If you look at any given towngame of hers, it is nearly identical to any other given towngame of hers, and yet her play here is different from those, so her insistence on her play being different, having evolved, is just an outright fabrication because her play
isn't
different in different towngames of hers, but IS different this game.

Beyond that, the "you remind me of when X did Y" thing is a trait that I'd expect to be a minor scumtell. 60-40, as in, 40% of the time yes it does come from town but 60% of the time it's a scum tactic, to try and frame actions in a light where they can paint their opposition as something that's easier for them to defend against.
In post 173, Adorable wrote:And my town game is still the same I'm doing here. You scum reading me for playing different is a bad way to scum way a player. Scum hunting is more about figuring out a player's objective.
What happened to her play being different, as she claimed earlier? She changed her story here. In , she said "I've played more games now, I've changed", but is saying that she's the same. (She isn't.) Also want to point out that by this point I had already explained that my case on her wasn't meta and her framing it as purely being meta is also a strawman.

is repeating both 173 and 168.
In post 198, Adorable wrote:I know that staying silent as scum is better. It's better to stay silent as scum so that way they don't attract attention but I am town and as town there were some posts that were not clear to me that needed to be answered and I did not want to ignore them.
Funnily enough, for someone who says staying silent as scum is better, Adorable has stayed awful silent! I don't mean in terms of total posts. I mean in terms of giving reads. Of the twelve players in this game, how many has she actually given a
read
on?

She scumreads me. Okay. Who else does she have a read on? She's asked questions to others, but like.
Where are Adorable's reads on any players in the game other than me?
At the time was posted, there were none. None. Not a single non-mastina read. She asked questions, sure, but she didn't state a read on Team Hydra, she didn't state a read on Titus, she didn't state a read on
anyone
outside of a scumread on me. It's not until that she votes Team Hydra, and it isn't until that she states a (rather opportunistic) scumread on eyestott.

She has given a total of three reads this entire game--an OMGUS'd scumread on me; an OMGUS'd scumread on Team hydra; an OMGUS'd scumread on eyestott. She's not provided a single read outside of the players who have voted her.

So that sounds an awful lot like staying silent and it sounds an awful lot like not actually scumhunting to me.

Adorable can claim the case on her is all meta (it's not) all she wants. Adorable can claim that the meta case on her is wrong (it's not) all she wants. Adorable can claim that she's being OMGUS'd (she's the one who's done the OMGUS'ing) all she wants. Adorable can claim that she's giving content when as scum the ideal play would be to not give it all she wants (when she's not giving content and is fitting the profile she says scum would). Adorable can claim that she's scumhunting (when she's really not) all she wants.

But at a certain point you gotta face the facts and realize that as much as she might claim the above to be true, they aren't actually the case and when you actually look at her actions it becomes clear she's just scum.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:00 pm

Post by Egix96 »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Adorable

I'm sold, honestly.
In post 398, Adorable wrote: I said over here everyone approaches games differently and you can't expect a town player to play the same in another game they play as town. I'm getting really sick and tired of this meta discussion to the point when there is no case on me. Maybe I should just claim and this should be a lesson learnt to never focus on meta.
Claiming won't clear you in a role madness game. Furthermore, I would be very disappointed if you were actually a powerful town role.
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:17 pm

Post by Chronos »

Can someone explain to me why Alimdia is being so universally town read?
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:25 pm

Post by Chronos »

I think Egix / Rabid / alimdia are good wagons and think an Adorable wagon here is giving us little to no information.

Best case scenario, Adorable flips scum and mastina is cleared, which we don't really need because she'd likely be a night target anyway. TEAM STRQ again, gobbles stepped it up a bit and want to call it a lean town. That's about it.

If she's town, we just let scum hide onto her wagon without providing much reasoning and on Day 2 it's like we start Day 1 all over again.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:44 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 388, Churros wrote:
In post 382, EspressoPatronum wrote:Titus... are you reading my posts?
Do you feel like she's not? Can you point out an example?

Because in my case she was clearly not reading my posts but kind of pretending she is.
Because I've asked her several questions and she hasn't responded to any. She won't engage with me, yet insists I am scum. Also this:
In post 387, Titus wrote:
In post 382, EspressoPatronum wrote:Titus... are you reading my posts?
Yes. I just don't care to do a read wall for lock scum.
@Titus - I think you're scum but I'm still engaging with you. Can you do the same courtesy for me?
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:44 am

In post 402, Chronos wrote:Can someone explain to me why Alimdia is being so universally town read?
Page 9 was what did it for me
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:51 am

Post by gobbledygook »

I think I am warming up to an EP town read.
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:52 am

In post 406, gobbledygook wrote:I think I am warming up to an EP town read.
Bless
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:54 am

I'm willing to swap to the Adorable wagon. I'll wait until after her claim before making it official.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:54 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Titus, how is your vote still on me?
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:55 am

In post 409, gobbledygook wrote:Titus, how is your vote still on me?
Better yet.... why is her vote not on me?? She's been trying to stir up a wagon on me all day.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:11 am

Post by gobbledygook »

I find it very strange that Titus would not want to work with me after TvA and even after I caught up and others raised their opinions about me she still left her vote on me.

Her asking to start a wagon on EP seems like she’s trying to test the waters for an EP vote hop.

VOTE: Titus
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:18 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 332, gobbledygook wrote:I still have the last few pages to read. I think Mastina and Chronos are my top townreads.
Would you please go into your Chronos read more in-depth?
Limited Access on Weekends
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Titus »

In post 402, Chronos wrote:Can someone explain to me why Alimdia is being so universally town read?
In post 403, Chronos wrote:I think Egix / Rabid / alimdia are good wagons and think an Adorable wagon here is giving us little to no information.

Best case scenario, Adorable flips scum and mastina is cleared, which we don't really need because she'd likely be a night target anyway. TEAM STRQ again, gobbles stepped it up a bit and want to call it a lean town. That's about it.

If she's town, we just let scum hide onto her wagon without providing much reasoning and on Day 2 it's like we start Day 1 all over again.
Alimeda is not a lock townread but more of a PoE TR at this point.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:23 am

Post by Titus »

An Adorable wagon gives a lot of information on everyone but mastina. I just happen to think it's wrong but Adorable's response here is telling.

Also, Chronos, your scumreads are the players who largely haven't called you obvtown bc you're universally townread. I'd be shocked if any were scum.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:24 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 334, gobbledygook wrote:Why do you think Mastina is town?
Mostly due to my previous experience with mastina. There is a stark difference in the tonality of her post with regard to the apparent enjoyment of the game, and the strength of her read on a player that she believes to have caught as Mafia (in this case Adorable). If she was Mafia, I believe that she would be playing to set up her partners for success and not come across as trying to solve the game, which I believe her to be doing.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:25 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 335, gobbledygook wrote:
Town Core: Activate!

- Chronos
- Churros
- Mastina
- Sujimichi

Obliterate

Scum Core:
Die

- Titus
- Rabid Schnauzer
- Egix96
- EspressoPatronum
Why am I and Churros in your Town Core?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:26 am

Post by Titus »

In post 411, gobbledygook wrote:I find it very strange that Titus would not want to work with me after TvA and even after I caught up and others raised their opinions about me she still left her vote on me.

Her asking to start a wagon on EP seems like she’s trying to test the waters for an EP vote hop.

VOTE: Titus
EP is my biggest SR. I am not lock scumming you, so this is working with you. I'm not interrupting you. Instead, you OMGUS me when I tell you to get out of being Professor Gobble.

Professor Gobble never showed up in TvA. While others like your posts, I find there's a real possibility of S v S with EP.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:26 am

Post by gobbledygook »

I explained why I townread you, Sujimichi, in a response to Egix. The others will have to come later this evening.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:27 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Why would I omgus you for calling me Professor Gobbles? I find that title to be a compliment. :lol:
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:29 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 416, Sujimichi wrote:
In post 335, gobbledygook wrote:
Town Core: Activate!

- Chronos
- Churros
- Mastina
- Sujimichi

Obliterate

Scum Core:
Die

- Titus
- Rabid Schnauzer
- Egix96
- EspressoPatronum
Why am I and Churros in your Town Core?
Apologies. You explained why I am included in post . Would you please explain Churros, then?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:32 am

Post by Titus »

In post 410, EspressoPatronum wrote:
In post 409, gobbledygook wrote:Titus, how is your vote still on me?
Better yet.... why is her vote not on me?? She's been trying to stir up a wagon on me all day.
Because that would be a tunnel. I have all the evidence I need for EP scum (no one TRs you, but no one will vote you). I have the rest of the game to solve and the rest of the town won't work with me, there's only so much I can do. I'll take out the scummiest slots protecting you instead.

In this case, that's Gobble in a landslide.

I have no interest in readwalling for you because there's two lockscum reads (EP and BP) , one probably scum read (Gobble), one backup read (RS) and the rest are town by PoE. Could I be wrong? Sure.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:32 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 349, Egix96 wrote:
In post 348, gobbledygook wrote:Now, I have a question for you, Egix.
Why did you ask me about Sujimichi, but not ask Sujimichi about his reads or opinions?
It stuck out to me like a sore thumb that you were townreading Suji for what I regarded as three NAI posts, and why would I question Suji's townreads when they were similar to my own?
I have only given two of my reads at this point in the game and did not explain why. gobbledygook asks a valid question.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:33 am

Post by Titus »

In post 419, gobbledygook wrote:Why would I omgus you for calling me Professor Gobbles? I find that title to be a compliment. :lol:
Oh bullshit. It's clear by the context I wasn't using Professor Gobbles as a compliment. You have been filling up the thread with useless theory while interacting with EP rather than anything that sorts him.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:35 am

Post by Titus »

EP, I want to be clear when you do kill me who flips next after your red flip. Engaging in a read wall does nothing of the sort and gives you room to hide.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”