Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4300 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

but Alyssa, if we spend days lynching lurkers/empty slots and scum kills fairly competent/active town then it seems like it would just be a scum sweep since scum would control the game at this point, no?

I just think this is an unfair situation and I wish we could just get a mass modkill on the leapers.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4301 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:22 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 4296, davesaz wrote:Who agrees with them? Anyone?
Apparently people do since there's a wagon there.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4302 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:27 pm

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

In post 4300, Nero Cain wrote:but Alyssa, if we spend days lynching lurkers/empty slots and scum kills fairly competent/active town then it seems like it would just be a scum sweep since scum would control the game at this point, no?

I just think this is an unfair situation and I wish we could just get a mass modkill on the leapers.
you're making this argument like it's... not going to happen anyways?

the only difference is the amount of inactive slots we have when they all die
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4303 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:31 pm

we potentially only have two kills left in play with the SK dead

I find it frankly impossible that scum aren't in the inactive useless slots, and the only thing that we do by lynching our scumreads in the active slots is:

1. we don't waste the scumteam's kill on them
2. scorched earth all the people playing the game while all the slots that aren't hang around

if these useless slots start actually playing or get replaced, then the situation changes and suddenly we can change track, but it's fucking mental to me that we're considering tolerating the presence of so many slots doing absolutely nothing just so we can gain a negligable advantage tomorrow
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4304 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:32 pm

and, AGAIN

I don't see replacements pouring in until the game is in a far more manageable state, and when we reach that point, nothing that happens today is going to mean fuck all since nobody is going to go back and read it anyways
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4305 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:33 pm

I'm fucking sorry that this is a more boring version of mafia, but this is the lesser of two evils in the long run
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4306 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:54 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 4303, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:we potentially only have two kills left in play with the SK dead

I find it frankly impossible that scum aren't in the inactive useless slots, and the only thing that we do by lynching our scumreads in the active slots is:

1. we don't waste the scumteam's kill on them
2. scorched earth all the people playing the game while all the slots that aren't hang around

if these useless slots start actually playing or get replaced, then the situation changes and suddenly we can change track, but it's fucking mental to me that we're considering tolerating the presence of so many slots doing absolutely nothing just so we can gain a negligable advantage tomorrow
Unless you’re saying every remaining scum is a lurker, I disagree. It seems incredibly unlikely that all 10 scum are lurking, so if there’s even one active scum left it’s better to hunt for them than guess randomly at a lurker. You also mention a “negligible advantage”, but I argue that any advantage is better than no advantage. I’m not accusing you of being scummy, I just feel that this argument is incorrect.
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4307 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:55 pm

so you're saying that in the case that there's at least one scum in the active players, we should be hunting them ourselves when they're inevitably going to be killed by the other team anyways?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4308 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

hey Rex you should start scumhunting and tell us your results.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4309 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

What makes you say the other scum team will inevitably kill the scummiest player? For example, say a member of Red Scum is particularly scummy. Blue Scum could kill him, but there’s really not much point, because they could kill a member of town instead, while the town is forced to lynch red scum at some point. Sure, blue scum could night kill the red scum guy, but equally they can let town do it for them. It’s disadvantageous for blue scum to do it themselves, so there’s no reason they would.
Of course, if they knew the red scum guy to have particular powerful abilities, this argument doesn’t hold, but assuming it’s just a guy that looks scummy, it does.
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4310 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:01 pm

In post 4180, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:yes let's kill within the active players until the only slots still alive are the empty slots

that makes for a fun game
In post 4181, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:better yet

let's make sure we lynch all the scum ourselves so that we give the scumteams more breathing room to make kills with less risk of leaving a paper trail that can potentially be traced back to whoever's left later

sounds wonderful to me!
In post 4137, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:think of it this way

both scumteams are going to want to stall the game out because the amount of day phases needed to maintain the balance between the points where they'd be inevitably lynched or nightkilled is unreasonable

this means they want to kill all the most active town and the deepwolves to potentially remove town from having any significant threats as well as the other scumteam from inevitably killing them

we can let them wage that war now and analyze the aftermath later when the game is more manageable
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4311 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 4308, Nero Cain wrote:hey Rex you should start scumhunting and tell us your results.
Give me a few hours, I’d like to discuss things with a few players, but due to time zones they won’t be online for a while I think.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4312 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

im on, do u wanna talk to me? im a good listener!

SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4313 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:06 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

Sorry, what I meant was that I felt some players were a little suspicious. Not suspicious enough for a vote or a proper argument yet, but suspicious enough that I should ask them a few questions. You don’t seem particularly suspicious, so I don’t feel the need to ask you anything.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4314 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 4310, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:
In post 4180, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:yes let's kill within the active players until the only slots still alive are the empty slots

that makes for a fun game
In post 4181, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:better yet

let's make sure we lynch all the scum ourselves so that we give the scumteams more breathing room to make kills with less risk of leaving a paper trail that can potentially be traced back to whoever's left later

sounds wonderful to me!
In post 4137, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:think of it this way

both scumteams are going to want to stall the game out because the amount of day phases needed to maintain the balance between the points where they'd be inevitably lynched or nightkilled is unreasonable

this means they want to kill all the most active town and the deepwolves to potentially remove town from having any significant threats as well as the other scumteam from inevitably killing them

we can let them wage that war now and analyze the aftermath later when the game is more manageable
I still disagree. By lynching lurkers we’re undoubtedly going to lynch town too, which brings scum closer to their goal. If we kill all the non-lurking scum, the lurking scum is undoubtedly going to stop lurking at some point, at which we can then assess all player’s scumminess again, and find the scum. It’s directly against our wingoal as town to risk lynching other town.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4315 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

if timezones are a problem shouldn't you go ahead and ask questions so they can answer when they get on?

Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4316 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:12 pm

Why is lynching town inherently bad

We have like 10 mislynches, assuming absolutely zero cross kills

And we are in a situation where plenty of players aren't even playing the game

Are we going to remove them when we have enough mislynches to spare or are we going to wait to deal with them after we waste even more lynches on vigs?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4317 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:13 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

if we are going to lynch slots for doing shit all then fine but the difference is that u are going after
EMPTY
slots.

ar has never posted in this game.

Non replaced out after a few votes.

Psyche and Chemist were prob bored/overwhelmed.

Jam hasn't eve been added to the replacements yet despite clearly not being around.

If we are going to lynch empty slots to so we don't have them in endgame then I'd lynch psyche slot b/c Kage was terrible and Psyche useless.

You could maybe argue that Non is scummy b/c his iso is similarish to his Iso in mini normal 2122 but you could make that statement about any minimalist lurker.

Now if we wanted to start punishing slots for doing shit all that's like half the game. There's vaultdweller, and clidd, I can't remember a thing Yiley has posted. There's profii and army, and Dave and Bob and dolittle (very do little) and several others.

Would u be willing to do profii or Psyche's slot?

Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4318 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:14 pm

And even if only town are dead slots, then the odds of cross kills happening goes up proportionally

Which... also gives us more information later of where the kills are coming from???
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4319 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:14 pm

Nero I'm willing to do all of them

I want to cull the inactive/empty slots
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4320 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:15 pm

Like my #1 preferred is still jamelia but it's not by much more than what would be required for me to not pull a name out of a hat at random
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4321 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

VOTE: profii

VaultDweller
VaultDweller
Goon
VaultDweller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4322 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:17 pm

Post by VaultDweller »

Ok, as the playerlist dwindles, I'll slowly start to be more active. What's the charge against ar98mubarik?
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4323 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:17 pm

I would actually agree that the most useless slots not in line to be replaced are where we should start tbh
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4324 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4323, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:I would actually agree that the most useless slots not in line to be replaced are where we should start tbh

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”