Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:32 am

Post by Tet »

In post 196, Looker wrote:Is it possible to judge alignment from RVS? Aren't you concerned that you appear to be pocketing?

It's elementary my dear Watson.

Also, no. Only scum cares how they look to other slots.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:37 am

Post by Hiraki »

Yeah, I'm not liking Looker too much either but I'm not sure if that's playstyle or scum yet. Need to keep watching.
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Tet »

Thoughts on Allo?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 183, Hiraki wrote:
In post 142, Battle Mage wrote:Hold on....so all that was just a coded way to call me an idiot? keep it classy, and feel free to share some more fascinating insights with the group
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... lage_Idiot

Feel free to educate yourself before you think I'm being derogatory.
Did you even read the thing you linked to? :lol: I'll reiterate my advice - showing a bit of manners/courtesy goes a long way! <3
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:14 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 198, DkKoba wrote:allo wanna explain why you're defending orange so hard btw?
I wouldn't call one post questioning a reason for scumreading him "defending so hard".
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:19 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 204, Allomancer wrote:
In post 198, DkKoba wrote:allo wanna explain why you're defending orange so hard btw?
I wouldn't call one post questioning a reason for scumreading him "defending so hard".
considering you're attempting to counterwagon onto me, yeah, I'd say that's a hardcore defense.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 189, Iconeum wrote:
In post 47, Battle Mage wrote:Well...having read some of ejjinami's old games....I stand corrected. If anything, this is slightly more mellow and chilled out than normal. :lol:

Although I couldn't see any games with you as scum to really test the theory - any suggestions?

Unvote: ejjinami

Let's try
Vote: Dkkoba

I'm not convinced by "Hello, this is my first non-newbie game". It reads a bit like "please don't lynch me, I'm new".

Furthermore, I can see this isn't your first non-newbie game. Why lie? :eek:
scumread and vote in your
second
First game in 9 years, probably a bit over-enthusiastic. But my heart was in the right place! :lol:
In post 82, Battle Mage wrote:dkkoba,
you're not wrong about the logic, obviously. You might be right about orange, but I'm not convinced for the moment
. I think the idea that putting pressure on orange to "explain themselves" is a fools errand - clearly orange can't explain it satisfactorily, so you're setting him up to fail.

I'm keeping my vote on you for now. Not buying the aggression and over-confidence in your read. :cop:
This is very fencesittingly written (the bolded part). You are also denying dkkoba his push by saying it's a fools errand, while if you are trying to sort him you could have just sitten back and see where it goes.

And then after you said he could actually be right, you also say he's setting him up to fail? And he's the one doing the aggressive push? And he's the one who is overly confident, coming from a slot who had a post nr.2 scumread that you continue building on while cornering him?

That's like driving a wild animal into a corner, and then saying to everyone 'yeah see, it's agressive better put it down'
Your previous comment appeared to criticise me for pointing a finger at someone early, and this one seems to criticise me for sitting on the fence, but also being too aggressive. In truth, I don't think the aggressiveness point is quite right anyway. The aggression I identified in dkkoba wasn't just about his push, but also his language in general - from recollection, it was overly emotive and aggressive. In contrast, I wouldn't say me pointing this out was aggressive at all - I was calm, made a point, made a vote, did some emojis - classic. :lol:
At best, I'd say you've distorted the facts to paint a picture which doesn't reflect reality.
In post 100, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 85, Madoka wrote:
In post 78, Battle Mage wrote:Madoka, why do you think Orange is suspicious for arguing something so obviously wrong, and anti-town, when it was already pretty clear the consensus was against him?
I don't agree that it's obvious to everyone that it's anti-town. I also think it's risk-reward is worth it. The advantage of not having town play to the optimal strategy of and getting the TV to choose Vig is worth potentially being cast in a bad light, especially because Orange is clearly confident in their ability to argue against the strategy. (I openly guide town into following a bad strategy myself as scum).
You might be right - my sense is that he joined the party too late for it to be very likely he could turn the tide on that, so still feels pretty bold to me (but possible he could just be scum).

However, based on higher likelihood of dkkoba scum, something to come back to later.
And this isn't aggressive and overly confident? You are scumreading a player for something you are doing.
Hmm, not aggressive, no. My point above stands, I think (as above) the issue is you're reading my posts in isolation and not taking into account the context of the rest of the game.
In post 103, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 83, DkKoba wrote:
In post 82, Battle Mage wrote:dkkoba, you're not wrong about the logic, obviously. You might be right about orange, but I'm not convinced for the moment. I think the idea that putting pressure on orange to "explain themselves" is a fools errand - clearly orange can't explain it satisfactorily, so you're setting him up to fail.

I'm keeping my vote on you for now. Not buying the aggression and over-confidence in your read. :cop:
I'm half pressed to just vote you because you don't have an avi. Being aggressive and confident are traits of good players. I suggest you stand down unless you want me to hyperfocus you for your unwarranted shade.
Nah, you're just desperate to vote for me because I'm voting for you, and you're struggling to find any excuse. :lol:

Aggression and confidence can be good if you have something strong to back it up. You don't, so seems like it's just an act (which is trait of a scum player). Especially when you opened up with "hello, this is my first non-newbie game", which was about as soft as it gets, and by page 4 you'd moved to stuff like:

"I implore people to put pressure on orange and make them explain themselves."
"If something speaks like scum, then it probably is scum."

:eek:

For above reasons, and the transparent threat to vote for me even though you are apparently convinced that orange is scum, I'd be comfortable lynching you today.

Vote: Dkkoba
(for added emphasis)
If dkkoba flips scum at any point, and orange is still alive, lynch orange next. There is absolutely no reason to protect orange like this, even if you have a townread on him. It doesn't help you sorting players, and I don't feel that's the intention here either.

U literally shot an Arrow into dkkoba's knee, and now ur all 'oh look how agressive he is'
I can assure you, my friend, I did not literally shoot an arrow into dkkoba's knee. He's very lucky to have a buddy so passionate in defence of him as you! :wink:

On a serious note, I don't know what else to tell ya! I think the reasoning was pretty clear, and it doesn't sound like you disagree. But so far in the post you've put shade on me for:

Having a townread on someone
Having a scumread on someone
Sitting on the fence

I think you just don't like me... :cry:
In post 104, Battle Mage wrote:Dkkoba - consider yourself 'shaded' for good reason. :cool:

It might be your first game, but panicking about 1 vote on Page 4 isn't a good look. :giggle:
and this is just piling onto what you want to be a case

I really wanna do want a dkkoba wagon once we're done with allomancer
Ah, now maybe you have a point on this one. Always a risk of confirmation bias. But it's a bit early in the game for me to be so entrenched in a viewpoint that I can't see the wood for the trees (and in fact, you've seen I acknowledged my earlier suspicion of Ejjinami may have been misguided when I did a bit more reading).

Surely you're voting for ME, rather than Dkkoba or Allomancer right!? :eek:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 191, Hiraki wrote:Iconeum and I are vibing HARD. He can do all of the typing for me at this point that you guys might want.
I'm cool with that. Iconeum's less mean to me than you are! :giggle:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:42 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 197, DkKoba wrote:how orange isn't talking right now...
is a little concerning.
You're telling me! If he's scum, I've got a rough day ahead tomorrow! :shifty:
drdolittle should talk more too.
ejjinami being the only one pushing orange with me makes me want to switch off now.
rereading, I think I'll put allo at L-2.

VOTE: allomancer
Surely some scum on that Allo bandwagon now. I need a re-read.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:36 am

Post by Allomancer »

This entire post is very good.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by DkKoba »

My pronouns are they/them, I've said it multiple times before, please respect it :)
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 203, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 142, Battle Mage wrote:Hold on....so all that was just a coded way to call me an idiot? keep it classy, and feel free to share some more fascinating insights with the group

Did you even read the thing you linked to? :lol: I'll reiterate my advice - showing a bit of manners/courtesy goes a long way! <3
There's nothing derogatory in the quote. If you're offended by it for some strange reason, that's your problem - not mine.
In post 202, Tet wrote:Thoughts on Allo?
Conflicted but don't think I can join this wagon.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by DkKoba »

scum -> town list

orange, allo, Tet, ejj, ico, alo, battle mage, looker, drdolittle, hiraki, madoka, 72, me

no i will not be accepting criticism.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

Why is 72 so high agajn
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Madoka »

In post 213, DrDolittle wrote:Why is 72 so high agajn
What caused your initial impression on tet to vote them? Your RVS votes are low information guided rather than completely random, right?
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by Allomancer »

In post 212, DkKoba wrote:scum -> town list

orange, allo, Tet, ejj, ico, alo, battle mage, looker, drdolittle, hiraki, madoka, 72, me

no i will not be accepting criticism.
Luckily our giving criticism is not dependent on you accepting it.
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:34 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 214, Madoka wrote:
What caused your initial impression on tet to vote them? Your RVS votes are low information guided rather than completely random, right?
are we still hung up over tet

at this rate i dont remember either
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by Madoka »

In post 216, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 214, Madoka wrote:
are we still hung up over tet

at this rate i dont remember either
As town, your thoughts very closely align with mine. The fact that they haven't concerns me. Your tet vote, in particular, wasn't something I could empathize with which is why I'd like to know your thought process.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
i don't know....
doesn't look like my SRs want to ellaborate
eventually we have to do something??
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:57 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:37 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

Searching for a replacement for ejjinami
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:53 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 175, DkKoba wrote:battle mage what do you think about me claiming mafia with orange and that I'm bussing them.
Fun fact: it's literaaly against the rules
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:59 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Battle mage how al i defending aalomancer exactly?
Was it my vote on him?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
happyorange
happyorange
Townie
happyorange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:04 am

Post by happyorange »

This whole game is a soup of ??? but at this rate I'll probably end up voting hiraki at the end of the day, don't know if their weird attempts to gaslight mage by calling them an idiot then insisting they aren't being rude by doing so actually make them a wolf given the way people seem to be behaving in general in this game, but I can see a world where they're going the discredit etc route as a wolf either because they want to make it easier to mislynch mage or because they want to dumpster mage's thread standing. Don't see any reason for them to do it as village other than out of simple mean spiritedness. Don't really know what my read on mage is, think I'd probably be townreading them if it weren't for the peformative way they've been engaging with people. Don't know if they're consciously presenting themselves in a performative manner or if I'm just perceiving their personality that way, or something else.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 222, Iconeum wrote:Battle mage how al i defending aalomancer exactly?
Was it my vote on him?
[/quote]

This is quite disappointing, given I went to the effort of responding to your lengthy post. I haven't suggested you defended allomancer. :igmeou:

In post 211, Hiraki wrote:
In post 203, Battle Mage wrote:

There's nothing derogatory in the quote. If you're offended by it for some strange reason, that's your problem - not mine.
That's not how it works! :giggle: Definitely scummy attitude here.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Open Games”