forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:04 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

@forbiddan: how do you know arrests go first? Was that in your role pm or in a Night results pm? And why are you now so convinced DD is scum? Your kill failing is perfectly consistent with his claim.
Easy. I tried to vig llama. I got a message at day start that my vig failed. That was because he got arrested first. Why am I convinced DD is scum? I explained in my claim post. I shoot, cops arrest. Why does town have to be bulletproof? I suspect one shot immunity myself.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Cass »

@Forbiddan: one more question: why did you not shoot DD night 1? I thought you agreed that a vig should try that?

@Goat: If Forbiddan is right and arresting is faster than shooting, your plan will fail horribly. So I really first want to hear from Forbiddan what makes her believe that is how it works.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:09 am

Post by Cass »

I got a message at day start that my vig failed. That was because he got arrested first.
Was the second sentence in the message? Or was that your own conclusion based on the nightscene cicero posted here?[/quote]
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:11 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

@Forbiddan: one more question: why did you not shoot DD night 1? I thought you agreed that a vig should try that?
Because I felt stronger that llama was scum. I let my emotions get in the way of logic. I thought that I was giving off bad vig tells, and he was building a case off those to get me lynched. Right now, that logic seems incredibly stupid, especially when I actually type it. But at the time, that's what I thought would work. Clearly, I was wrong, and the scum took care of llama anyway. I decided to finally go with shooting DD tonight since I didn't have a better target. Ironically, I went through most of D1 laughing at how I was the vig and I was going to do just that and target DD. Then llama rubbed me the wrong way.

@Goat: If Forbiddan is right and arresting is faster than shooting, your plan will fail horribly. So I really first want to hear from Forbiddan what makes her believe that is how it works.
Answered this as I said. Read the post above you.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:12 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Was the second sentence in the message? Or was that your own conclusion based on the nightscene cicero posted here?
AH. He PM'd me directly saying "Your vig attempt fails". Got the same message before today started trying to shoot DD.
-StrangerCoug

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:20 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

forbiddanlight wrote: Easy. I tried to vig llama. I got a message at day start that my vig failed. That was because he got arrested first. Why am I convinced DD is scum? I explained in my claim post. I shoot, cops arrest. Why does town have to be bulletproof? I suspect one shot immunity myself.
I'm not sure if that flavor argument really condemns DD. Either way, I still think the best idea is to simply shoot him again tonight.

I believe forbiddan's claim. I will heavily boggle at shooting LlamaFluff night 1, though.
Cass wrote:@Goat: If Forbiddan is right and arresting is faster than shooting, your plan will fail horribly. So I really first want to hear from Forbiddan what makes her believe that is how it works.
Hmmm. Although it's not exactly the same thing. Basically we know that if the vig targets someone that the scum are arresting the arrest goes through first. But maybe the vig can shoot someone, and then later get arrested the same night by the cops.

Generally, if the vig shoots scum and scum shoot the vig, both kills go through. I'm not sure whether or not that's the case in this game, but I don't see why not.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:23 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'll ask cicero for clarification. I kinda assumed.

I believe forbiddan's claim. I will heavily boggle at shooting LlamaFluff night 1, though.

OMGUS in the most deadly manner possible. Like I said, the logic sounded good at the time, but it kinda fails when you write it out.
-StrangerCoug

Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:25 am

Post by Cass »

Well, then. I think I should claim too, because it would clear both Forbiddan and me with reasonable certainty. And we really need to work together now if we want to survive. It might be even better to massclaim now. Does anyone object to me claiming and/or to mass-claiming?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:27 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I have a thought. What happens if we kill a scum pairing? It is possible we get our crew back? Thus the difference between arrests and kills? I'm not sure we should bet the game on it, but it might be worth a chance. I wanna hear thoughts on this. The only problem I see is that unbalances it in our favor again, since we get confirmeds back...so I could be barking up the wrong tree. But it's worth considering I think.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:28 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

ok. My kill goes through even if I'm killed, unless someone elses role screws it. I'm not opposed to your claim cass, but I'm wary of any mass claim. We know the scum is roled.
-StrangerCoug

Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Cass »

That's why I hesitate. Anyway, yes, it looks like shooting DD is a good idea, at this point. Of course, I'd like to hear DD's opinion on that... And those of Matin and The Fonz.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:35 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

forbiddanlight wrote:I have a thought. What happens if we kill a scum pairing? It is possible we get our crew back? Thus the difference between arrests and kills? I'm not sure we should bet the game on it, but it might be worth a chance. I wanna hear thoughts on this. The only problem I see is that unbalances it in our favor again, since we get confirmeds back...so I could be barking up the wrong tree. But it's worth considering I think.
I highly doubt it. Killing officer Jones doesn't mean that the police force releases all the baddies he's put away just cause he's dead.

I'm in favor of a mass claim. We're (possibly...likely?) at Lylo, so I think it's a good plan to know what we have and then plot out our course.
forbiddanlight wrote:ok. My kill goes through even if I'm killed, unless someone elses role screws it. I'm not opposed to your claim cass, but I'm wary of any mass claim. We know the scum is roled.
Good. I'd advocate pumping a second shot into the darkest of dudes.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:36 am

Post by Cass »

EBWOP: no, we won't get them back, they are already in court. That's not how it works, it you shoot the undercovers, the mafiosi they got already stay in jail. We'd need to blow up the jail or buy the judge :p
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:45 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Yeah, I kinda realized that as I was posting, but figured I'd put it out there. It's odd that he's specifying the precint :S.
-StrangerCoug

Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:46 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

forbiddanlight wrote:Yeah, I kinda realized that as I was posting, but figured I'd put it out there. It's odd that he's specifying the precint :S.
That's a good thing. It shows us which night kills belonged to which scum groups.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:49 am

Post by cicero »

Cicero In the Rules wrote:Don’t quote any out-of-thread communications regarding this game in the thread.

Just a caution - I'm not verifying or not verifying the veracity of the quotation (because then i might have to verify or not verify all sorts of things said between me and players and that would be bad) but need to note that by putting a phrase from me in quotes, Forbiddenlight technically breached this rule a few posts ago. I'm not remotely inclined to punish this in this case. The phrase itself was very small and I can understand why it was done, but please, as this game goes on be careful of things like that. I don't want anything decided by some innocent slip that I am then compelled to act on. The Ennui situation was enough.

Read the rules and if you are unclear on whether something is ok, ask me before posting. Thanks.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:50 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

My apologies for that cicero. Wasn't thinking about it.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:51 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

That's a good thing. It shows us which night kills belonged to which scum groups.
*headslap* Duh...well, that was stupid conjecture. But, it was a hope. It's just, to me, the game seems kinda screwed now. Couldn't all three cops claim and lock the game now? Or are there three? Is it possible that it's not a pair in the other group?
-StrangerCoug

Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Cass »

I think I've got this figured out. We need to lynch The Fonz, lurkerscum who very carefully hasn't voted ever, except for the hammer on Cubsfan and who didn't think Ennui was scummy.

Vote: The Fonz

Goat, only claim if you think you could accidentally ruin a plan. I think it's pretty clear now who the pigs are, and I'd prefer not to give them any more information.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:04 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

There's nothing clearing you right now, but I'm inclined to trust you. Goat less, but that's on a gut feeling. Given my gut on llama, I'm less predisposed to follow it. I'm perfectly fine with a
vote:The Fonz
-StrangerCoug

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:19 am

Post by The Fonz »

Cass wrote:I think I've got this figured out. We need to lynch The Fonz, lurkerscum who very carefully hasn't voted ever, except for the hammer on Cubsfan and who didn't think Ennui was scummy.

Vote: The Fonz

Goat, only claim if you think you could accidentally ruin a plan. I think it's pretty clear now who the pigs are, and I'd prefer not to give them any more information.
That's untrue. I voted FL in my first post.

Lurking accusations against me are ridiculous. I haven't lurked at all. And not thinking Ennui was scummy is not scummy because, obviously:

HE WASN'T SCUMMY!
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Cass »

Obviously. I advise you vote yourself after that stunning defense :roll:
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:28 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Obviously. I advise you vote yourself after that stunning defense Rolling Eyes
Kinda my thoughts, lol. I'm impressed by how...weak that was. Also, more I think on it, the more I think we only have 3 scum over all. I think one of the groups is a lone actor and that we were lucky Ennui was in a group. Otherwise, by all rights we should have lost.
-StrangerCoug

The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:28 am

Post by The Fonz »

And I advise you to [Edited by my better judgement, but suffice to say it's painful].

The case on Ennui was really, really bad and scummy.

And your claim that I never voted has been proven a lie.

So yeah, scum much?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:29 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

And your claim that I never voted has been proven a lie.

So yeah, scum much?
More like an honest mistake I think. Though she was eager to claim. SEriously, even I couldn't remember when you'd actually voted, and I was the target of your vote.
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”