Cena and Savage
Cena and Savage
Goon
Cena and Savage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:02 am

Post by Cena and Savage »

I'm really confused, I had to ISO my other beautiful head to see people had issues with.

Other than secret identity and reactivity to the hostility of this slot ??? I don't know, I find my head to be quite reasonable here.

Plus, I haven't played with anyone who's most upset about this being a secret hydra, before.
So if this is a meta hangup, it's not valid to 1/2 of the equation.

I'll discuss with my other head if they want to out identities, but even in the event that this take is advantageous for us as a hydra, does it warrant this response? And if it's AI, is it really black-and-white?

Questionable, yes, but we're not immoral. Let's have a time-out. :)

Also, this should be a grossly huge hint on who 1/2 of this hydra is. Y'all pushed me to getting out the kitties on page 10, damn.

-Savage
Cena and Savage
Cena and Savage
Goon
Cena and Savage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:03 am

In post 251, Cena and Savage wrote:I'm really confused, I had to ISO my other beautiful head to see people had issues with.

Other than secret identity and reactivity to the hostility of this slot ??? I don't know, I find my head to be quite reasonable here.

Plus, I haven't played with anyone who's most upset about this being a secret hydra, before.
So if this is a meta hangup, it's not valid to 1/2 of the equation.

I'll discuss with my other head if they want to out identities, but even in the event that this take is advantageous for us as a hydra, does it warrant this response? And if it's AI, is it really black-and-white?

Questionable, yes, but we're not immoral. Let's have a time-out. :)

:facepalm: For the record, this is my 4th post? 2nd since page 1, so I'm free for someone to speak with me.

Also, this should be a grossly huge hint on who 1/2 of this hydra is. Y'all pushed me to getting out the kitties on page 10, damn.

-Savage
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:07 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 250, PJ. wrote:Also having the audacity to complain to the mod when they are the asshole has honestly moved this beyond something I'm willing to let go.
I'm pretty sure they complained about my RVS on them, so it's on me for not thinking through before making that joke

As for their anonymity - I'm here to play mafia, not meta simulator, so I will judge them for what they do, not for who they are. Sometimes people just want to play mafia without being haunted by their past
Cena and Savage
Cena and Savage
Goon
Cena and Savage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:14 am

In post 253, Ramcius wrote:
In post 250, PJ. wrote:Also having the audacity to complain to the mod when they are the asshole has honestly moved this beyond something I'm willing to let go.
I'm pretty sure they complained about my RVS on them, so it's on me for not thinking through before making that joke

As for their anonymity - I'm here to play mafia, not meta simulator, so I will judge them for what they do, not for who they are. Sometimes people just want to play mafia without being haunted by their past
Oh no, my prod on you wasn't meant to be out of frustration, I wanted to see your reaction. I think people are finding the responses of this hydra to be more serious than they are.

I'll be honest and say that I am bored of people who have immediate issues with hydra because there's always at least 1 in a game, and both town/scum do this, and it immediately corrodes town cohesion and game health.

So, to help find a difference, I "pushed" you for a reason, you felt genuine. . My head and I believe Page 1 interactions can be very solid, so we intentionally said things that would get people's attention.

We figured you (Ramcius) were coming from a town mindset who wasn't going to push-down on an idea which
people would actually use to lynch us
, and have attempted to understand a viewpoint.

And why were less sure on KK, because while his ire toward this hydra could be true on his past experiences, it's an incredibly easy stance to manufacture. It's less truthworthy, and doubling-down before reassessing didn't appear town-indicative.
Cena and Savage
Cena and Savage
Goon
Cena and Savage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:27 am

JC and I are very tonally different, so I won't be so anal about sigging everything if I forget?
In post 48, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 42, Wondertank wrote:
In post 35, Kublai Khan wrote:So it wasn't because they were a hydra themselves?
This is why you voted them in the first place, right? If so, then you might actually be town for it...Hmm. You're kind of angling towards it, why not just state it?
If I'm in a game with a hydra, I just about always vote the hydra first. They pinged me a little stronger than your team because they voted your team without any explanation. So it seems a little hypocritical.

I know I'm projecting and it's all going to be dismissed as try-hard nonsense, but gut reactions are what they are.
Yes, all hydra's in this world are in a secret alliance where voting the other warrants policy lynches. :) My head and I have sinned, and must die.
In post 71, Battle Mage wrote:Cena and Savage are both good guys, believe that!

Kublai Khan - not sold either way.

I'm always mildly suspicious of people who say an early dispute is "town vs town". So let's open with
Vote: Wondertank
One of the most productive entrances so far. +1
In post 72, Wondertank wrote:

I'm always mildly suspicious of people who say an early dispute is "town vs town". So let's open with
What's your gripe with it if you don't even have a lean on KK yourself?

~inso
Solid question.
In post 73, Wondertank wrote:

I actually agree with you with what you said regarding Cena and our slot, but I do think there's an arguement for KK being scum, though I need to engage him a bit more.
The dissonance between questioning and sorting at the same time feels more likely to come from scum; I'm not fond of the T-T paint, but I'm a horrid culprit of doing that as town much more than scum.

Either way, both thought processes of each hydra head are nuanced enough to make me think they're a townlean.
In post 86, xRECKONERx wrote:Orton feels like a third-party claim to me tbh.
I see no reason for the claim having happened, so I have no opinion.

-

So, I'm at like... at 3 nice townreads and 1 scumlean, and I haven't read past page 4 with critical thought, yet.

-Savage
Cena and Savage
Cena and Savage
Goon
Cena and Savage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:29 am

In post 255, Cena and Savage wrote:The dissonance between questioning and sorting at the same time feels more likely to come from
town
; I'm not fond of the T-T paint, but I'm a horrid culprit of doing that as town much more than scum.

Either way, both thought processes of each hydra head are nuanced enough to make me think they're a townlean.
Town, not scum... I can make a thread on putting the wrong word on something.

-Savage
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:49 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 237, Cena and Savage wrote:Ok. do you want them to keep playing in the manner they currently are?

-JC
No

You should fix that
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:54 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Do you have any reads?
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:09 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 254, Cena and Savage wrote:

Oh no, my prod on you wasn't meant to be out of frustration, I wanted to see your reaction. I think people are finding the responses of this hydra to be more serious than they are.

I'll be honest and say that I am bored of people who have immediate issues with hydra because there's always at least 1 in a game, and both town/scum do this, and it immediately corrodes town cohesion and game health.

So, to help find a difference, I "pushed" you for a reason, you felt genuine. . My head and I believe Page 1 interactions can be very solid, so we intentionally said things that would get people's attention.

We figured you (Ramcius) were coming from a town mindset who wasn't going to push-down on an idea which
people would actually use to lynch us
, and have attempted to understand a viewpoint.

And why were less sure on KK, because while his ire toward this hydra could be true on his past experiences, it's an incredibly easy stance to manufacture. It's less truthworthy, and doubling-down before reassessing didn't appear town-indicative.
Yet you still insist on hydra-ing and ruining games. Good to know. Can you replace out yet or do you have a quota of how annoying you have to be before you do?
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:18 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 251, Cena and Savage wrote:Also, this should be a grossly huge hint on who 1/2 of this hydra is.
So some people know who you are and some people don't. Creating an informational imbalance. You don't understand how this can be problematic in a game of mafia?
In post 254, Cena and Savage wrote:I'll be honest and say that I am bored of people who have immediate issues with hydra because there's always at least 1 in a game, and both town/scum do this, and it immediately corrodes town cohesion and game health.
Oh, I see. You know it's destructive, but it's always other people's fault.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:18 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 93, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 68, Wondertank wrote:
In post 66, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 61, Wondertank wrote:Ok, now that you realised that you were projecting your reasoning, why are you still scum reading them?
It's that early game gut read. I've seen that scum style of being so annoying that people stop paying attention to you. I've done it before too.
I read something about misinterpreting, when has that ever happened?
where they claim I'm "back-pedaling" and "spinning". It's eye-roll worthy, but it's more than anyone else has done.
I can follow their reasoning though.

My head hurts as I was playing 6D chess trying to bait you while also figuring the whole interaction out. My honest feeling on you as of right now is that you're probably town, if not for how you're reacting to everything, for the fact that every piece of information that you're letting out in each new post is adding to your story rather than untangling it to an obvious lie that catches a scum, and I find that more town indicative, if you fabricated such a convoluted thought process on the spot, then you're a fucking god of a wolf.

I think you're both town, ladies.

~inso
HA! Found scum.

VOTE: Wondertank
[/quote]

Haha this is exactly what I thought when I read it! :cool:
In post 81, Wondertank wrote:
In post 77, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 74, Wondertank wrote:So basically I like Battle Mage as town atm.
YES!!!! I've finally nailed it!!! :D

Seriously, this never happens.

I'm so happy I'm going to
Unvote
, at least until tomorrow when I read everything properly. :giggle:
what are you excited about?
Someone thinking I'm town, in any game, ever. Was that not obvious?? :cop:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:36 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

PSA to the players who are coming out of retirement for this game: the mafia site rules have been updated recently to disallow threats of replacing out and demands that others replace out.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 96, DrippingGoofball wrote:

Unvote
Battle Mage???? Where have you been???????

So sad you drew scum in this game tho
In post 98, The Baker wrote:
In post 85, xRECKONERx wrote:also

what even was edited by the mod here? :thinking:
I thought I had a funny remark, and was gonna quote it, hit the wrong button, didn't realize it was an edit and submitted anyway. The second time was me fixing it immediately. Then I didn't feel like saying something after that. :facepalm:
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11705890#p11705890]post 150[/url], The Baker wrote:
So, I’m kind of disappointed in the hydra prejudice. The hostility is not warranted. I’ve even been approached and complained to about a post violating site rules. Now I can give the poster the benefit of the doubt because I could see it as a light-hearted way to just show their opinions. I have no way of knowing if the poster will continue to act out of spite for hydras. But, just to be safe, from this point on, if I see a continuous stream of voting or other negative actions because someone is a hydra, I’ll have to actually do something. I’ve been reported for this same exact thing, I understand.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:41 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

KK do you have any thoughts on players other than C&S

Even when you're talking to other players it still feels like it's always about cs
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Oops...managed to post the quotes I wanted to respond to, without the responses! Mod, feel free to delete and save my blushes! :lol:
In post 96, DrippingGoofball wrote:

Unvote
Battle Mage???? Where have you been???????

So sad you drew scum in this game tho
I actually didn't! I'm town this time! Good to see you again though, 9 years it has been I think! How's life? <3
In post 98, The Baker wrote:
In post 85, xRECKONERx wrote:also

what even was edited by the mod here? :thinking:
I thought I had a funny remark, and was gonna quote it, hit the wrong button, didn't realize it was an edit and submitted anyway. The second time was me fixing it immediately. Then I didn't feel like saying something after that. :facepalm:
:lol:
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11705890#p11705890]post 150[/url], The Baker wrote:
So, I’m kind of disappointed in the hydra prejudice. The hostility is not warranted. I’ve even been approached and complained to about a post violating site rules. Now I can give the poster the benefit of the doubt because I could see it as a light-hearted way to just show their opinions. I have no way of knowing if the poster will continue to act out of spite for hydras. But, just to be safe, from this point on,
if I see a continuous stream of voting or other negative actions because someone is a hydra
, I’ll have to actually do something. I’ve been reported for this same exact thing, I understand.
How many hydras do we have in the game? Surely from a gameplay standpoint, voting for someone who is a hydra is perfectly permissible within the rules?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 209, Lavender wrote:Have to say this is the most hostile game I’ve been in.
Nothing much else to input.
Yep, respect that.
In post 217, scotmany12 wrote:You are the toxic one.

Replace me or Cena and Savage. I'm not playing with this account who won't reveal his identity and acts like he is better than everyone else
I love ya Scotmany, but I don't see why the identity of the hydras matters that much. Sure, you can't check out their past games, but the tricky bit is the fact it's 2 different people, and so harder to read properly. But I do wish everyone would just get along.

Yeah agree with that.

In terms of reads, I don't have much so far. Gut says Wondertank is scum, but also not keen to lynch one of the most engaged and productive players on Day 1. I'll have a quick skim again and throw a vote somewhere.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I mean Hiplop, Pisskop and KuroiXHF have all said nothing so far. Could easily be scum sensibly staying out of the carnage.

I'll
Unvote, Vote: KuroiXHF

On the grounds that he's the only one of the 3 who gave an impression they cared.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

The Baker
The Baker
Goon
The Baker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:04 am

Post by The Baker »

So I misunderstood the original complaint, and thought it was about one thing when it was about another. I posted hastily to try and calm things down, but that was a mistake and it didn't work.
My bad, this is the first time something like this has gone down, I won't be making comments on it further. But there has been clear break in site rules followed by a replacement request.
scotmany12 is being replaced.
Countdown is paused at 13 Days, 1 hours, 30 minutes until one is found.
VC will come a bit later as I have stuff I need to do currently.
No more replacement talk in the thread pls the rest of you have been warned.
I'm the mod. Dr Easy Bake is the main Baker. Debbie Doggie Do is the certified taste tester. Darth Baker is your father. Son of a Shepherd is a simpleton, yes?
Croissants for everybody!
UwU click my links!
GTKAS
The Baker
The Baker
Goon
The Baker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:58 am

Post by The Baker »

gobbledygook replaces scotmany12.
Now looking for a replacement for KidAmn.
I'm the mod. Dr Easy Bake is the main Baker. Debbie Doggie Do is the certified taste tester. Darth Baker is your father. Son of a Shepherd is a simpleton, yes?
UwU click my links!
GTKAS
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:33 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Reck is town
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:53 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 269, gobbledygook wrote:Reck is town
He thinks you're town too. But is also voting for you. What do you reckon about that? :wink:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

The Baker
The Baker
Goon
The Baker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:57 am

Post by The Baker »

Vote Count 1.03

Flavor Leaf (3): chennisden, Emperor flippyNips, Flubbernugget
Wondertank (3): Doctor Drew, Untrod Tripod, DrippingGoofball
Panzerjager (3): (KidAmn slot), Cena and Savage, Wondertank
Cena and Savage (2): Kublai Khan, Panzerjager
gobbledygook (1): xRECKONERx
Flubbernugget (1): gobbledygook
KuroiXHF (1): Battle Mage
Lavender (1):
Not Voting (7): Flavor Leaf, hiplop, Lavender, KuroiXHF, BullDunne, Ramcius, pisskop

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to bury someone!
Espressojet replaces in for KidAmn
Day 1 resumes, ending on Friday, April 17 2020, at 2:30pm EST in (expired on 2020-04-17 14:30:00)
UwU click my links!
GTKAS
The Baker
The Baker
Goon
The Baker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:04 am

Post by The Baker »

Also, on a happy note, happy Wrestlemania weekend everybody!
UwU click my links!
GTKAS
Wondertank
Wondertank
Townie
Wondertank
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:44 am

Post by Wondertank »

In post 241, Flavor Leaf wrote:Also, Cena and Savage are hidden identities, but they were using meta earlier on me, weren’t they?

Lol, yeah, I’m with you lot. Down with Cena and Savage!!! (For me in a scum way, though)
scummy take my guy!
Wondertank
Wondertank
Townie
Wondertank
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Wondertank »

In post 259, Kublai Khan wrote:So some people know who you are and some people don't. Creating an informational imbalance. You don't understand how this can be problematic in a game of mafia?
In post 44, Kublai Khan wrote:I'm not interested in knowing the identity of a secret hydra and they aren't scum for keeping it hidden.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”