DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 284, Madoka wrote:ddl, is scum trying to play goody-goody townie, like this. And the argument for TV picking vig is scum sided.
57 and pops post are very different in mindset.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

im not saying that im hard townread orange, but i don't want to go there today
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

272 from madoka is town
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

here's my tentative day 1 options in no specific order right now. will probably refine it more
{
Tet
Allomancer
Almost50
Looker
72offsuit
}
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

i actually townread ejj as well by a previous game.
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by Madoka »

ejj and Almost are the same slot I believe.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

yeah I was updating my pool.
another update:
I think my strongest scumread other than 72 is looker because tonally different from
viewtopic.php?t=81747&f=84&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
happyorange
happyorange
Townie
happyorange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by happyorange »

In post 240, Aloratom wrote:
In post 170, happyorange wrote:
In post 114, 72offsuit wrote:Orange vs DK feels more like
TvT
to me
Uh, what? I don't remember doing anything other than ignoring DKK, not sure how you're imagining that as a TvT.
If it's not TvT, I take it you think DkKoba is scummy?
Does that mean something other than I think it does? I assumed it meant town versus town, aka two villagers fighting.
happyorange
happyorange
Townie
happyorange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by happyorange »

In post 249, Aloratom wrote:
In post 246, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 244, Aloratom wrote:
In post 242, 72offsuit wrote:
TvT
to me
Uh, what? I don't remember doing anything other than ignoring DKK, not sure how you're imagining that as a TvT.
No.
I townlean DK.
Where did you get thia impression from?
If you look at the quotes, that question was for happyorange.
Huh?

Im saying orange vd DK felt TvT.

And you are asking orange, which of orange and DK are scum?

Huh?
Happyorange, in response to your question said, "Uh, what? I don't remember doing anything other than ignoring DKK, not sure how you're imagining that as a TvT."

I then asked Happyorange, "If it's not TvT, I take it you think DkKoba is scummy?"

You, I believe, thought I was asking you the question. I was asking Happyorange, who said that they had been ignoring DkKoba. I know your read on DkKoba from your original statement. There was really no reason for you to interject.

I feel like we're falling down a well with no bottom. :eek:
This is a marvelous post.
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by Aloratom »

In post 307, happyorange wrote:
TvT
to me
Does that mean something other than I think it does? I assumed it meant town versus town, aka two villagers fighting.
I think you've been calling Village what I would call Town (the good guys). I would call the Village the set of everyone who is playing and Town (the good guys) a subset and scum (the bad guys or werewolves) a subset.
happyorange
happyorange
Townie
happyorange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by happyorange »

In post 309, Aloratom wrote:
In post 307, happyorange wrote:
TvT
to me
I think you've been calling Village what I would call Town (the good guys). I would call the Village the set of everyone who is playing and Town (the good guys) a subset and scum (the bad guys or werewolves) a subset.
Yeah, I use them interchangeably but tend to default to village. Village/town, villager/townie, wolves/mafia.

My confusion was that you called it TvT when you can't really have a shouting match if only one person is shouting.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by DkKoba »

orange who do you think is scummy right now
happyorange
happyorange
Townie
happyorange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by happyorange »

In post 302, DrDolittle wrote:272 from madoka is town
Help me out a little here, because in my experience villagers tend to find it upsetting when someone isn't reading them correctly, whether that presents as some level of annoyance, or as confusion, or as a particular type of dismissiveness. There are a few obvious reasons why they might feel one or a combination of those things. You haven't responded in any of those ways, and I'm having a hard time finding a place to peg you in that regard. Madoka's read on you hasn't exactly been eloquently elaborated, and the post you mention here isn't even the one where they give a sparse bit of reasoning for why they think you're a wolf, so I'm struggling to see what you're seeing and why you think it's reasonable and even villagery for madoka to be wolf reading you here. Do you get mislynched very often? Help me get on your level?
happyorange
happyorange
Townie
happyorange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by happyorange »

In post 311, DkKoba wrote:orange who do you think is scummy right now
That's a fun question, because pretty much everyone is scummy. Take your pick, tbh. Balancing for that, who do I think is actually a wolf? You'll be delighted to learn that I haven't even the faintest whiff of a wolfread. Not exactly my highest priority at the moment, but I'll be sure to let you know if one does come along.
happyorange
happyorange
Townie
happyorange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:14 pm

Post by happyorange »

In post 281, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 280, Hiraki wrote:
In post 277, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 57, happyorange wrote:People should stop talking about roles, it doesn't benefit village and gives the werewolves more information than they deserve about who is or isn't what role. If you feel the need to discuss the setup, do so in a way that doesn't spew you as not X role. Hider outing is a terrible idea, optimal play for hider is to hide behind their strongest townread each night unless that player is vulnerable to a nightkill and if hider outs then it becomes very simple to narrow down who they are going to visit at night. Vigilante is also a lot more power for town than tracker, and the vigilante should be shooting the counterwagon each night, so as long as the vigilante is doing their job there should never be any real risk of the vigilante inadvertently hitting the hider. Detective/psychologist is going to have false positives with a vigilante around but that should never be a serious issue when claims happen, as long as they are sensible and don't out on day 2 or day 3 if they happen to get an early result.
In post 223, happyorange wrote:This whole game is a soup of ??? but at this rate I'll probably end up voting hiraki at the end of the day, don't know if their weird attempts to gaslight mage by calling them an idiot then insisting they aren't being rude by doing so actually make them a wolf given the way people seem to be behaving in general in this game, but I can see a world where they're going the discredit etc route as a wolf either because they want to make it easier to mislynch mage or because they want to dumpster mage's thread standing. Don't see any reason for them to do it as village other than out of simple mean spiritedness. Don't really know what my read on mage is, think I'd probably be townreading them if it weren't for the peformative way they've been engaging with people. Don't know if they're consciously presenting themselves in a performative manner or if I'm just perceiving their personality that way, or something else.
These are town posts
No they're not.
This was a real VI post!

Very Informative.

:wink:
Not gonna lie, the perverse parent in me was desperately hoping this would turn into an intractable exchange of Pythonesque argumentation.
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:36 pm

Post by Madoka »

I think all of Orange's posts are a bit convoluted. Saying a lot without really saying much. I'm fine with them being the lynch today. I still need to catch up. I haven't really been reading in-depth since Ico replaced in. So I'll vote then.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:50 pm

Post by Iconeum »

Vla right now Will post tomorow
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:56 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 285, Madoka wrote:I agree with the last few lines of actually. Battle Mages forced /performative stance is something I've been wondering about too.
Look at like any of my games, ever. :lol:
In post 291, DkKoba wrote:ok I've had enough. deadline is 40% over and I think it's time
I hardclaim hider

Hiraki you wont need to fight for it with a clear on your side.
Omg...

Please explain how you being a hider clears Hiraki. And then respond to the other questions you've been conspicuously dodging, if only to satisfy my curiousity. :wink:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:11 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 283, DkKoba wrote:Also I have a surprise read I may reveal sometime tonight, I just want to let some more of this discussion play out before i do
What was your surprise read? Since you've gone as far as claiming your role, now would be the time to share. :lol:

(For what it's worth, I don't see why on earth you would claim hider now as scum, so the surprise read for me is that you are town!)
In post 289, Tet wrote:Not here to interact. Have work now but came to agree with ddl that at least post 57 comes from a town mindset though misguided imo. The other post I'm not convinced but I don't generally find orange suspicious outside of his absence when queried.

Think battle mage is a bit salty and that's the bulk of his scumread. I have other reasons to suspect Hiraki and it wouldn't be a partnership with dkkoba.

Then again I have reasons to scumread like 6-7 slots at the moment so take it with a grain of salt.

I was kind of hoping someone would pick up on what I've been getting from Hiraki or 72. Battle mage came somewhat close but still feel he is missing the mark by focusing on the small stuff.

That is all.
This is a remarkably safe post - if you were short on time, it would probably have been quicker to say what you thought, rather than go to the effort of talking around it. Tet-Hiraki scumpair could work, but would require Orange to be town.
In post 292, Allomancer wrote:
In post 265, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 263, Hiraki wrote:There's a term for that DkKoba!
:D

Could you two scumbuddies be any more transparent?
Why do you think post makes them scumbuddies?
It was a joke, in reference to the fact they are buddying each other. :giggle:
In post 293, Hiraki wrote:
In post 291, DkKoba wrote:Hiraki you wont need to fight for it with a clear on your side.
Actually, yes I will? This isn't epicmafia bub.
This illustrates why I hurt my bottom(?) over the idiot comments. :lol: :shifty:

Jokes aside, still happy with a Hiraki lynch today. Although post 313 from Orange is desperately poor.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:22 pm

Post by Tet »

In post 290, Hiraki wrote:I will eventually get the motivation to talk about 72, if you are insinuating something there. I still think 75% of his posts are bad and it's annoying how I'll have to fight for this.
I'm not opposed to you doing this but I think there's a better connection via Allomancer.

Possibly looker but first impression was looker = town if Hiraki!Scum =true. So if have to dive deeper.

Initially I attributed your noncommittal reads to either being hider or trying to subtle soft hider, but that wasn't strong enough in my mind and turns out I was off base anyway. Scum fits a bit better.
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:26 pm

Post by Tet »

In post 318, Battle Mage wrote:This is a remarkably safe post - if you were short on time, it would probably have been quicker to say what you thought, rather than go to the effort of talking around it. Tet-Hiraki scumpair could work, but would require Orange to be town.
Just saying I think Hiraki is scum doesn't get me to my end goal of identifying town unfortunately. And in a game where many slots are making a case for why they should be lynched instead of projecting that they are in fact town, it's important to find a distinction. Or at least separate slots that are doing so because they are simply scum from the ones that are doing so intentionally. The latter likely being town.
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:28 pm

Post by Tet »

In post 251, Almost50 wrote:Hmm... 6/12 I don't even recognize. The other 6 I can't claim to know their play that well. INTERESTING (and challenging)

Note: I even forgot who Tet & Looker were. I remember these were alts of players I know well, but WHO?? :facepalm: :lol:
I actually didn't know looker was an alt, which might help a read one way or the other.

The only hint I'll give is that if you don't townread me it's because you rolled scum.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:45 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

It's odd that in 320 you suggest everyone looks so scummy, it's hard to tell them apart, and your main challenge is working out who might be town.

And then in 321 suggest that you look so town, nobody could possibly think you are scum (which is 100% untrue).
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:23 pm

Post by Tet »

I got a town role pm from bef. So it is empirical fact I can't be scum.
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:24 pm

Post by Tet »

But that was for A50 specifically.

Return to “Completed Open Games”