Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3900 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:08 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3897, BooneyToonzExpert wrote:
In post 3886, sore feet wrote:
In post 3874, BooneyToonzExpert wrote:I'd say there is probably scum both on and off the wagon. Titus tried to self hammer which makes me think there is also scum off the wagon.
what if titus knew she was hammered?
That doesn't change my stance that there are scum likely both on and off the wagon. I think POEing those off of the wagon is a more effective place to start. That's why I started with just people off both wagons. I get VCA has it flaws and can be fueled with WIFOM. Buttrying to sort this game on mech right now is just way too much for me right now and doubly so when considering who set this game up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's why I keep coming back.
So to do VCA, you need to start with an instinct of why scum would behave differently to town given a particular scenario. A VCA that led you to want people off both wagons probably starts with "Scum knew KA was going down, so didn't want to get their hands dirty." That particular thought would seem to suggest Davesaz town, because Dave was the leading wagon before KA. (That wagon peaked at 5 in #2158, and my personal suspicion is that that wagon is all-town). There was also the nomwagon we know was on town, with known scum Titus, sore feet and KK. (I think this is an SF-KK antiassociative; if two scum were on a three-person wagon, likely the third is town unless Boon is part of the scumteam). On the other hand, if Dave is scum, scum had a significant incentive to swing the wagon away from him: that suggests that chk, Michael Scott, or Nancy is a partner. So we can look at Michael's posting, see if his Dave vote looks like an early distance that might have gotten outta hand, or if the move onto KA feels natural.

Then with Titus, to suggest that scum would be predominantly off-wagon (you also suggest scum are both on and off, which feels somewhat contradictory to the desire to start off-wagon, but hey, let's be charitable and imagine you're thinking something like four total scum, with two partners off and one partner on). But the thing is, Titus seemed to be more obviously going down than KA. If you're scum, you don't have incentive to stay off unless you were hard defending Titus and can't sell the switch, or you think there's a chance of saving her. So I'd expect early bussing. Who might that be? Michael Scott, Chkflip, Chronos, or Venus and Mars.

Not only do you decide to go off-wagon without giving a decent justification, your list conspicuously omits the scummy Sore Feet on your "Lynch before Dave" list. So yeah, I'm getting associatives off this.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3901 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:14 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3875, The Fonz wrote:
In post 3863, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 3861, jjh927 wrote:
In post 3859, davesaz wrote:Nothing keeping you from clarifying the reason you want one.
Has anything millerized you?
Not to my knowledge. People can just take me on good faith unless we actually do massclaim that it is a good thing if I get a third item, especially before the night phase
That’s quite a lot of faith you’re asking for, without really explaining any of it?

My tl on Fonz has decreased slightly due to the out of the blue Titus’ comparison.

Nancy OMGUSing, fucking shocker.
I’ve got a super awesome fucking shocker for you Bruh. Scum!FL was literally deathtunnelling me for pages in Post-appocaliypse, all of the while of course insisting that he was obvtown,
since he’d 100% be hardpocketting me if he were actually scum
. Really super cool, wayy awesome moral of the story: FUCKING SHOCKER! Sometimes OMGUSes are actually NOT WRONG, so put that in your pipe and make damn sure to inhale.
Hydra of Shiro and Nancy Drew 39
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3902 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:31 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3863, Venus and Mars wrote:My tl on Fonz has decreased slightly due to the out of the blue Titus’ comparison.
In post 3886, sore feet wrote: his weak ass push on me has obliterated my tl
resisting urge to omgus
I expect you’ll likely get similar treatment that I did, because according to the gospel of the Fonz, scum is only likely to be pocketting me here, hardly even a minuscule chance, they’d be out of the blue suspiciously shading me for no damn good reason whatsoever. :roll:

@Fonz, feel free to discredit me all you like, it isn’t helping improve my read on you, just so you know.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3903 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:36 pm

Post by chkflip »

Fonz is town af stop crying.

Again, I ask: what the fuck is Michael Scott doing?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3904 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:39 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Subtly influencing the game.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3905 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:42 pm

Post by chkflip »

I'm gonna need you to stop trying to be cheeky and actually give an RCE case because, from where I'm sitting, you sheeped a vote and have parked there all day. And you've been doing that a lot this game.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3906 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:43 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Chk, a rough summary of my play today:

>"GB is town"
>"RCE is a fine lynch, awkward posting"
>"JJH attack weak and scummy"

What are your expectations from my slot?
What do you mean by your implication that I'm not doing anything?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3907 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:53 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

VOTE: Michael Scott
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3908 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:54 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3903, chkflip wrote:Fonz is town af stop crying.

I found that post, both the timing and the content odd.

Well, he was scum in CoC1 and he played very differently than he is here, more strategic but
I really need to here Krazy Kat explain how Titus spewed him town in the Boonus round.

I’m also wondering if scum!him would seriously risk pissing me off with the whole fake dayvig thing. His also really doesn’t look like a Titus buddy to me. \_0_/

This may not be relevant but when I scum hydra’d with Titus in MfD, she hardpushed the slot - in that case, DDL - who was harushing our buddy Pine.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3909 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:56 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

I already mentioned that some of his posts are awkward. No one asked me to elaborate.
Just looking at his posts at me:
In post 1479, RCEnigma wrote:Howdy partners. I've arbitrarily decide Michael Scott is town VOTE: BTE
In post 1498, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 1483, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 1479, RCEnigma wrote:Howdy partners. I've arbitrarily decide Michael Scott is town VOTE: BTE
I think he is too, what does that have to do with BTE?
That's where MS is voting and I trust him undoubtedly.
In post 2699, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 2698, Michael Scott wrote:I mean, that is sort of implied anyway, right? Like I see what you're saying but I wouldn't point it out myself first because it's a bit redundant.
I would. I'm town dammit.
In post 2700, RCEnigma wrote:And don't you forget it.
These were before I knew he was scum in the other game I was in him with, where I "obv town" read him and diverted a correct lynch off him; re-reading this I'm going :?: :?:; what's the point of these?

Has anything else he posted made him +town? At best, he's at null.
You accuse me of doing nothing - yeah, I admitted I'm low energy and I'm not tryharding at all, I'm just having fun with some amount of gameplay mixed in.
There are other slots that are appearing as though they're doing something, and yet not having an impact.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3910 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:56 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 3908, Venus and Mars wrote:I found that post, both the timing and the content odd.
Which post are you talking about?
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3911 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:59 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3908, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 3903, chkflip wrote:Fonz is town af stop crying.

I found that post, both the timing and the content odd.

Well, he was scum in CoC1 and he played very differently than he is here, more strategic but
I really need to here Krazy Kat explain how Titus spewed him town in the Boonus round.

I’m also wondering if scum!him would seriously risk pissing me off with the whole fake dayvig thing. His also really doesn’t look like a Titus buddy to me. \_0_/

This may not be relevant but when I scum hydra’d with Titus in MfD, she hardpushed the slot - in that case, DDL - who was Hard Pushing our buddy Pine.
So, I don’t think this is how scum!Titus treats a buddy, based on 3 scumgames I’ve seen from her.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3912 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:00 pm

Post by chkflip »

Oh, Idk, not just Beetlejuice out of your obvious active lurk state every time I bring you up? Engage RCE even a modicum so it looks like you're sorting him as opposed to, Idk, treating this game like it's D1 and we have a ton of lynches to spare? Idc if it isn't D4. Those of us that are actually actively attempting have been doing our part in trying to figure this nonsense out. Fonz, BTE, myself, hell even jjh and George are doing more than you are right now. It's not an implication. It's a fact.

We have <4 days to go and RCE is going to be the lynch because... of a handful of posts that MIGHT slightly implicate them?

Why is that okay?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3913 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:02 pm

Post by chkflip »

With all the sincerity of my heart, Mars, I don't give a shit about your interpretation of what Titus' scum range could maybe possibly be. That isn't going to solve this game. You had her as obvlockomgtown D1 so your opinion on the matter is fucking moot.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3914 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:03 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 3908, Venus and Mars wrote:I really need to here Krazy Kat explain how Titus spewed him town in the Boonus round.
The Boonus prize wasn't announced. It was a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors where each of us would submit an action privately, and losers wouldn't get a prize. We realized that two of us could win meaning one of us lose. Titus then started going on about how she doesn't trust me and how I would "change my action" privately (even though that would be obvious the next day), and then that my slot could be "tested" by having me be the loser.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3915 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:03 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3910, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 3908, Venus and Mars wrote:I found that post, both the timing and the content odd.
Which post are you talking about?
In post 3721, The Fonz wrote:
Nancy's play just kinda reminds me of Titus', the vague promise of overpowered role actions at some point in the future.
That one. Whatever his alignment, that post WAS weird and I didn’t like his oh “Nancy OMGUSsing Shocker” reaction to that. Especially since he never bothered to explain or further comment on the post, I found suspicious.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3916 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:04 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 3901, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 3859, davesaz wrote:Nothing keeping you from clarifying the reason you want one.
Not to my knowledge. People can just take me on good faith unless we actually do massclaim that it is a good thing if I get a third item, especially before the night phase
That’s quite a lot of faith you’re asking for, without really explaining any of it?

My tl on Fonz has decreased slightly due to the out of the blue Titus’ comparison.

I’ve got a super awesome fucking shocker for you Bruh. Scum!FL was literally deathtunnelling me for pages in Post-appocaliypse, all of the while of course insisting that he was obvtown,
. Really super cool, wayy awesome moral of the story: FUCKING SHOCKER! Sometimes OMGUSes are actually NOT WRONG, so put that in your pipe and make damn sure to inhale.
Blind squirrel. Nut.

Again, I'm not even casing you yet. I don't want to lynch you today. You massively overreacted to me, correctly, pointing out that you and Titus both fronted hard about how super powerful and town your roles are. There's obvious motive to do that.

It's very hard to sort people if the mildest voiced consideration you
might possibly /I] be scum is met with this kind of response.

Also I'm town as hell and if you can't see that you're the WOAT. :P
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3917 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:07 pm

Post by chkflip »

I'm fucking crying omg
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3918 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:09 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3913, chkflip wrote:With all the sincerity of my heart, Mars, I don't give a shit about your interpretation of what Titus' scum range could maybe possibly be. That isn't going to solve this game. You had her as obvlockomgtown D1 so your opinion on the matter is fucking moot.
I’m referring to actual FACTS here, not OPINION. Her interaction with MS, is significantly different than how she treated her buddy(ies) in any of those 3 scumgames of hers - especially on D1 and remember - I’m talking about BEFORE the guilty here, where she had no reason to think she was going down anytime soon.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3919 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:10 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 3915, Venus and Mars wrote:Whatever his alignment
What do you know about alignments?

This is not the first time you've worded "I'm null-reading this slot rn" in this way.

As far as I know we've got town and scum.

Why do you keep wording it like this?
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3920 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:12 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3916, The Fonz wrote:
In post 3901, Venus and Mars wrote:

Blind squirrel. Nut.

Again, I'm not even casing you yet. I don't want to lynch you today. You massively overreacted to me, correctly, pointing out that you and Titus both fronted hard about how super powerful and town your roles are.
There's obvious motive to do that.

It's very hard to sort people if the mildest voiced consideration you
might possibly /I] be scum is met with this kind of response.

Also I'm town as hell and if you can't see that you're the WOAT. :P
Yeah, there definitely is. If you guess right, you get a cookie.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3921 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:13 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 3918, Venus and Mars wrote:I’m referring to actual FACTS here, not OPINION. Her interaction with MS, is significantly different than how she treated her buddy(ies) in any of those 3 scumgames of hers - especially on D1 and remember - I’m talking about BEFORE the guilty here, where she had no reason to think she was going down anytime soon.
And you don't think she has the wherewithal to know what your interpretation of those three games would be in order to fuck that up later? Really?
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3922 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:14 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 3912, chkflip wrote:Oh, Idk, not just Beetlejuice out of your obvious active lurk state every time I bring you up? Engage RCE even a modicum so it looks like you're sorting him as opposed to, Idk,
treating this game like it's D1
and we have a ton of lynches to spare? Idc if it isn't D4. Those of us that are actually actively attempting have been doing our part in trying to figure this nonsense out.
Fonz, BTE, myself, hell even jjh and George are doing more than you are right now
. It's not an implication. It's a fact.

We have <4 days to go and RCE is going to be the lynch because... of a handful of posts that MIGHT slightly implicate them?

Why is that okay?
Deny the bolded. :P
A good number of slots I townread. Working top-down isn't a "doing nothing" strategy.
All my "ok to lynch" slots -- SF, Chronos, RCE, JJH -- are predicated on their lack of real impact this game. I don't see any damning evidence for anyone being scum, can you?

My chosen form of engagement for a large part of this game, has been to help build wagons and let things happen, as opposed to conversing directly with the slots themselves. I've been defending townreads constantly. There's a chance I go full tryhard at some point based on my level of interest in the game in terms of direct engagement effort, just not now :P
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #3923 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:15 pm

Post by chkflip »

Y'all its really not hard to run your finger over the bulk of these quote walls and delete them. I've been doing it on mobile all game. Fix yourself.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3924 (ISO) » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:17 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Just highlight the text you want to quote and click the quote button - much easier ;)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”