Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3950 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:02 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 3949, Venus and Mars wrote:I also like how he responded to my light push. He wasn’t remotely defensive or tried to discredit me in the slightest.
This applies to my attack(s) on Dave, too.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3951 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:03 am

Post by Michael Scott »

OK signing off, I'll be back when Chkflip attacks me again
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3952 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:05 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3946, Michael Scott wrote:I think Dave is town, via gut ^_^
Yeah, agreed.

What do you think of Fonz shading me here? I honestly don’t understand either the reasoning or the timing of it, especially since it makes no freaking sense on D3 for him to suddenly switch his read on me.
Hydra of Shiro and Nancy Drew 39
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3953 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:10 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3948, Michael Scott wrote:Fonz is town, trust me on that ;) :lol:

Seriously though, even if scum push you I heavily doubt they expect to get you mislynched. He's slightly pissed at your arguments, not that you're unmislynchable :P
How would keeping you alive obvtown Boonus round players?
Why would scum want to NK us, if I was putting them into the Boonus round? That would be completely contrary to their wincon, therefore, if scum NKs us, it makes the Boonus round players, all that much harder to mislynch if town, right?

But if scum can conceivably drive a mislynch on us, it looks a lot less suspicious because then there’s no fingers to point to.
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3954 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:10 am

Post by Chronos »

Enigma is an enigma for me. I usually have a thing where I town lean my attackers, and RCE going against the grain with a scum read on me prompted me to town lean him. I like to think I’m pretty town the majority of the time and thus, anyone that pushes me is likely town as well. I think scum would much rather town lock me and ignore me. However, if I ignore the push on me, I can’t really say he’s done anything particularly townie. I really don’t know.

Michael Scott had barely to no interaction with Titus. He seems like a logical poster when he isn’t posting fluff and that leans me to a natural place of scum leaning him. I feel like scum are more likely to use logic and they have a hard time faking emotion. He has this feeing of superiority that I also dislike. Apart from that, his logic flows through nicely and I liked the RCE read for the arbitrary call on them being town. They might just be town but they have a way with words that I can’t shake off.

Fonz is probably also a scum slot. I don’t like how he goes about his pushes, they generally aren’t progressive, but rather “ride or die” pushes. Examples of those being dave and me. Fonz lashed out at Dave with a vote for what I considered to be circumstantial evidence that can be crafted into an easy tunnel. His Dave push felt rather predatory and tapered off very fast. Same with the push on me. I just don’t think a villager looks at those posts and goes “Yup, got em”.

So I guess null, townie, scum
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3955 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:12 am

Post by Chronos »

If you look at it, the “got em” pushes were

>a vote placed later rather than sooner

>a theory that has nothing to do with my posts

Fonz admitting that he hadn’t read me but decided to entertain chkflip’s theory is also kinda bad. It’s like he’s not really reading anyone and looking for credit where he needs it.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3956 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:13 am

Post by Michael Scott »

How do you differentiate between scum shading you and town voicing a thought?
He was simply noting one commonality in yours and Titus' play: that you both stressed upon the importance of your role.
This isn't a subjective interpretation - you did state that you would be confirmed town in a few days. Titus did state multiple times that she's very important.
The observation is valid. Which part don't you understand? :P

You can still notice something odd in a townread of yours, no? You'd call it out even if you townread them. That's what he did; he isn't scumreading you for it.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3957 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:13 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3948, Michael Scott wrote:Fonz is town, trust me on that ;) :lol:

Seriously though, even if scum push you I heavily doubt they expect to get you mislynched. He's slightly pissed at your arguments, not that you're unmislynchable :P
How would keeping you alive obvtown Boonus round players?
You said that about RCE on D1 too, now you’ve flipped that read.
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3958 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:15 am

Post by Chronos »

See that’s exactly what I’m saying with MS, that objective logical approach is rustling my jimmies

Like, you differentiate based on gut among other stuff.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3959 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:16 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 3953, Venus and Mars wrote:Why would scum want to NK us, if I was putting them into the Boonus round? That would be completely contrary to their wincon, therefore, if scum NKs us, it makes the Boonus round players, all that much harder to mislynch if town, right?

But if scum can conceivably drive a mislynch on us, it looks a lot less suspicious because then there’s no fingers to point to.
Nah. You already picked scum for the Boonus room on N1.
What's the guarantee that you're picking town for other nights?
What prevents them from simply going "Lol Nancy's picked Titus and she was scum, so her townreads don't matter anyway"?
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3960 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:18 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 3957, Venus and Mars wrote:You said that about RCE on D1 too, now you’ve flipped that read.
I know, I was joking by referencing that :P
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3961 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:19 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 3958, Chronos wrote:See that’s exactly what I’m saying with MS, that objective logical approach is rustling my jimmies

Like, you differentiate based on gut among other stuff.
:neutral:
LOL @ calling me logical, a non-fluff poster, having nice logical flow and then finally calling me scum for it.
This is definitely a novel attack.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3962 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:22 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 3954, Chronos wrote:I feel like scum are more likely to use logic and they have a hard time faking emotion
Don't you feel like logic-based players are more likely to use logic, and it's not alignment that determines it? :P
Like the simplest meta-check on me will reveal I'm a rather unemotional logic player.
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3963 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:23 am

Post by Conspire »

In post 3882, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 3691, Conspire wrote:Aren't cops a town only role? And I think it's townie because if you were fakeclaiming, it's not likely you'd fakeclaim a double imo

~Esper
This is after a vote on me (dunno where they initially voted but it's in the VC) on another claimed n1 secret suicide cop. So calling bs.

There were like 4 claimed. Or 5 maybe.
What the??
My point was that Dave was the first to claim suicidal cop after nomnom (double) and therefore unlikely to be fakeclaiming ---> likely a real suicidal cop and therefore town.

~Esper
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3964 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:23 am

Post by Chronos »

I actually am leaning you town for it, but it’s still like...This logical approach gives an air of superiority. I never said it’s rational but I’m more of a gut player myself and gut and logic rarely go well together.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3965 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:24 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3954, Chronos wrote:Enigma is an enigma for me. I usually have a thing where I town lean my attackers, and RCE going against the grain with a scum read on me prompted me to town lean him. I like to think I’m pretty town the majority of the time and thus, anyone that pushes me is likely town as well. I think scum would much rather town lock me and ignore me. However, if I ignore the push on me, I can’t really say he’s done anything particularly townie. I really don’t know.

Michael Scott had barely to no interaction with Titus. He seems like a logical poster when he isn’t posting fluff and that leans me to a natural place of scum leaning him. I feel like scum are more likely to use logic and they have a hard time faking emotion. He has this feeing of superiority that I also dislike. Apart from that, his logic flows through nicely and I liked the RCE read for the arbitrary call on them being town. They might just be town but they have a way with words that I can’t shake off.

Fonz is probably also a scum slot. I don’t like how he goes about his pushes, they generally aren’t progressive, but rather “ride or die” pushes. Examples of those being dave and me. Fonz lashed out at Dave with a vote for what I considered to be circumstantial evidence that can be crafted into an easy tunnel. His Dave push felt rather predatory and tapered off very fast. Same with the push on me. I just don’t think a villager looks at those posts and goes “Yup, got em”.

So I guess null, townie, scum
My main concern with Fonz is his progression on my slot makes 0 sense. If he was going to be suspicious about my role, it made way more sense on D1, before the. N1 one shot invest. That’s another reason I don’t want to vote RCE because he also hinted at that on D1 and of course on D1, I had no clue what he could possibly be referring to but his read change on us does fit with that. Also, BTE/BEF is kind of the RCE whisperer and he doesn’t support lynching him today and considering RCE tried to get that slot lynched before he knew BTE was BEF, I doubt they’re linked. Plus, I think scum!BTE would have maybe tried to warn Titus about sticky fruit.
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3966 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:24 am

Post by Chronos »

Your logical approach is telling my instinct approach “Get gatekept bronzie” and it’s something more that I associate with scum players.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3967 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:26 am

Post by Michael Scott »

No, he was noting a similarity between you and Titus. When Titus flipped scum, i.e. post D2 that's when he'd begin to slightly suspect you, so the timing is natural.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3968 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:27 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3959, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 3953, Venus and Mars wrote:Why would scum want to NK us, if I was putting them into the Boonus round? That would be completely contrary to their wincon, therefore, if scum NKs us, it makes the Boonus round players, all that much harder to mislynch if town, right?

Nah. You already picked scum for the Boonus room on N1.
What's the guarantee that you're picking town for other nights?
What prevents them from simply going "Lol Nancy's picked Titus and she was scum, so her townreads don't matter anyway"?
You’re obviously missing the point. Scum doesn’t want me dead anytime soon, if I’m picking scum for the Boonus rounds. Why would they? But it’s 100% in scum’s interest to subtly or not so subtly shade me and try to get us mislynched before LYLO.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3969 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:31 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3967, Michael Scott wrote:No, he was noting a similarity between you and Titus. When Titus flipped scum, i.e. post D2 that's when he'd begin to slightly suspect you, so the timing is natural.
Where? I don’t recall seeing that? If Fonz is town here, I don’t know whether to be more insulted that he is wrongly sr my being an obvious pocket or that he seriously thinks I’m that much of an idiot as scum. I’m really not sure which one is more offensive.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3970 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:34 am

Post by Michael Scott »

Hm. We shouldn't have outed that N2 was a debuff room.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3971 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:36 am

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3970, Michael Scott wrote:Hm. We shouldn't have outed that N2 was a
debuff
room.
A what?
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3972 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:36 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 3969, Venus and Mars wrote:Where? I don’t recall seeing that? If Fonz is town here, I don’t know whether to be more insulted that he is wrongly sr my being an obvious pocket or that he seriously thinks I’m that much of an idiot as scum. I’m really not sure which one is more offensive.
You think Titus was an idiot for mentioning multiple times how her role was important and +town?
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3973 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:37 am

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 3971, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 3970, Michael Scott wrote:Hm. We shouldn't have outed that N2 was a
debuff
room.
A what?
Debuff meaning anti-town. The "prize" was becoming voteless for the day.
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3974 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:38 am

Post by Conspire »

In post 3965, Venus and Mars wrote:Plus, I think scum!BTE would have maybe tried to warn Titus about sticky fruit.
Btw I thought about this and I don't think BTE is cleared. No one knew what the barbs did/that they cancelled out the fruit so even if Titus knew about the fruits, she wouldn't have prepared a reaction for a guilty.

~Esper

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”