the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 546, DrDolittle wrote:VOTE: 72
Wow. No questions asked.

• @Madoka: You said that you liked his tone and that you were going to sleep. You also said you were only voting because Ico made you.
VOTE: Hiraki Replace Allomancer with happyorange

p-edit: Because you never mentioned it. All your stuff is about meeting old friends :lol:
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 524, Hiraki wrote:Btw - I can join orange if it is actually L-2. I don't want to count atm and I don't want to accidentally hammer.

@Mod: Votecount please? :)
He's @4 votes (L-3) as of your quoted post

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Looker »

Also, @Madoka: I'm uber jealous. You said I was your strongest townread, but you said Ico was the game's "saving grace"
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by Madoka »

In post 550, Looker wrote:@Madoka: You said that you liked his tone and that you were going to sleep. You also said you were only voting because Ico made you.
Almost and Ejj are the same slot. Did you not see my entire case on him above that line?
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by Madoka »

These two were in the same from Ejj. Anyone not scum reading this should state why:

"This is a bad read imo. If you think that [Orange] is town for that, why not openly say it? It kinda sounds like you want to give a hint that you disagree with the wagon without openly stating your stance on the matter."

"Ngl, the wagon on orange is starting to get weird. Being wrong is not always AI and is definitely not townie so so many players yelling at each other because of it feels slightly off."
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by Madoka »

I'm solid on this slot being scum.

DK, Ico you should get on this train. Let's lynch
scum
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 550, Looker wrote:p-edit: Because you never mentioned it. All your stuff is about meeting old friends
As I said I'm just chilling right now, but that doesn't mean I don;t have thoughts. Put another way:

In happyorange scum!vibes I sense

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by Almost50 »

My case on orange is coming up in a bit.

Note: It's not great. Making cases is my weakest suit in this game. I shall try my best though.

Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by Madoka »

Allomancer, thoughts on my ?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 57, happyorange wrote:People should stop talking about roles, it doesn't benefit village and gives the werewolves more information than they deserve about who is or isn't what role. If you feel the need to discuss the setup, do so in a way that doesn't spew you as not X role. Hider outing is a terrible idea, optimal play for hider is to hide behind their strongest townread each night unless that player is vulnerable to a nightkill and if hider outs then it becomes very simple to narrow down who they are going to visit at night. Vigilante is also a lot more power for town than tracker, and the vigilante should be shooting the counterwagon each night, so as long as the vigilante is doing their job there should never be any real risk of the vigilante inadvertently hitting the hider. Detective/psychologist is going to have false positives with a vigilante around but that should never be a serious issue when claims happen, as long as they are sensible and don't out on day 2 or day 3 if they happen to get an early result.
This whole strategy looks like bullocks to me. I was first pinged by the suggestion a player should pick Vig over Tracker. Tracker is an informative and will be a safeguard for us in case the Hider did get NK'd. Tracker will tell us if the Hider's death was due to visiting scum or hiding behind the original NK. Furthermore, picking Tracker reduces the chances of the Hider dying due to their target by 25%. It also makes the Detective/Psychologist results more reliable.

Then I came a cross and while it still makes sense to think that as a townie, it actually results in the Hider's death on N1. What? No Tracker, confusing results for the Detective/Psychologist AND the elimination of the Hider on N1?

confirms the idea that this is a scum motivated plan disguised as a town plan. "Village then lynches the fake claim"?? Why waste a lynch on an outed scum when we have a VIGILANTE? I mean, why did you opt to pick Vig over Tracker in the first place? And if "the vigilante should be shooting the counterwagon each night", what CW would they have on that day?

Then this:
In post 106, happyorange wrote:?

If that's true then hiders work differently here, because I've never encountered a hider role that can be tracked.
This funny not just because the Role PMs are posted on the frontpage (I'll assume he didn't bother checking them) but because he was of the opinion "If you feel the need to discuss the setup, do so in a way that doesn't spew you as not X role". This post alone tells me he's not the Hider.

More pinging:
In post 223, happyorange wrote:at this rate I'll probably end up voting hiraki at the end of the day,
That was almost mid-day (i.e. with 7 real days left in the DAY). I don't see a point in declaring I will vote X towards the end and not doing it at that time. Do you?

And all this come from someone who said he has been playing Mafia all his life??

Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by Madoka »

Looker why were you done with Monkey if he hadn't posted anything between your and ?
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Madoka »

Orange, can you address the points I made in and ? Do you see my point on why TV shouldn't choose Vig?
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

Updated unofficial VC (pls correct me if im wrong) - Looker and DDL shifted votes

happyorange (4) - Almost50, Hiraki, DkKoba, Iconeum

Allomancer (1) - Tet

Almost50 (2) - Madoka, 72offsuit

72offsuit (3) - Aloratom, happyorange, DrDolittle

Hiraki (2) - Battle Mage, Looker

not voting (1) - Allomancer
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Madoka »

Looker was joking I think but looking at Almost's profile he is 51 hoi
happyorange
happyorange
Townie
happyorange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by happyorange »

Think I'm beginning to warm up to madoka being a villager. I disagree with a lot of what they say, but I can almost always see where they're coming from and think the way they're positioning themselves is probably a little too off-kilter to be the approach they go for as a wolf.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by DkKoba »

if orange doesn't flip scum, I'll self delete.
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Madoka »

You should vote Almost so you won't have to.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by DkKoba »

do you tr orange, madoka?
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Madoka »

Currently yea. I'll have a more detailed post in a bit. Actually, I guess I can post what I have currently.

AlmostEjj

=/Alo

~Battle
the tone here looks very forced. Also . Did a quick meta check and I haven't seen this awkwardness in any of his other games. He also played as scum before on this site and a few unknown games offsite. So I think this is probably newbie scum awkwardness. is also scummy. Update: Based off I don't think they are partners and the strangeness of this interaction comes purely from Ejj's end.
=/Tet

=Looker

*Probably not scum with Alora or Hiraki based on some comments in .

Al[l]ora! Tom

=/Allomancer

=/AlmEjj

Tetsuoooooooooooooo! Kaneeeedaaaaaaaaa!

=/Orange

=/AlmEjj

*Probably not scum with: BM (Tone )

Battle Mage Alita

~Orange
Weird justification. Possible Scum mate or TMI. Leaning more toward TMI based on (or just being wrong) based on .
=/AlmostEjj

=/Hiraki

=/Allo

Side bar: is townie. is townie. Putting BM in the upper eggchelons.

Hafnium-72

=/Allo

Mistborn Alloy Incinerator

=/72

=/BM

*Possible mate: BM (72 picked up on this as well )
*Probably not scum with: Orange

DelightedFruit

=/tet

Side bar: I like the tone in . is good. is good. Moving Orange up.

Lookher

=/ddl + ejji team

=Almejj

Dr do little scumhunting

~=Alo
(his treatment of ddl around the Allo wagon)
~=Allo
(how ddl and Alo treated him during the wagon)
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by Madoka »

I'm certain Almost is scum. I don't think Orange fits with the team. Almost made it known he was trying to chill D1 but made the case above on Orange after me and 72 have been putting pressure on him, and I feel like he's trying to solidify the Orange lynch. Like what was the point reiterating everything that's already been discussed about
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by Madoka »

Hiraki, you should sheep me since your reads are pretty bad.
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by Madoka »

I completely change my mind on Looker btw. I'm currently thinking Almost, Looker, ddl in that order.
happyorange
happyorange
Townie
happyorange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by happyorange »

In post 561, Madoka wrote:Orange, can you address the points I made in and ? Do you see my point on why TV shouldn't choose Vig?
Sure, I think with the hider role you have here going for the tracker/hider interaction is a very strong option, think you get roughly the same number of clears from hider/tracker and hider/vigilante in a lot of cases, with the latter arguably faring better with a stronger village that can do more with the extra flips around wagons given by the vig. Think hider/tracker is probably the safer option given that you're almost guaranteed 2-3 clears with it, hider/vig probably has a higher ceiling because of the way wolves will have a much easier time of poeing hider shots once hider is outed, but you also have things like the potential to bait wolves into shooting into the poe in the effort to snipe the hider which can obviously go very well for village. Think most of the arguments around how it affects detective/psychologist are pretty irrelevant, the role card is very hit or miss mechanically and imo not something I'd orient the others around, think the role should almost never out until the day before lylo or in situations where there's only 1 wolf alive but I'd have to give it more thought to feel confident in that one way or the other. But this is all pretty moot, with hider outed here tracker/vig should go tracker 100% of the time, no doubt about that.
happyorange
happyorange
Townie
happyorange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by happyorange »

72, what do you mean precisely when you say something is pro-town? You used it a few times in your recent stuff and I'm not clear on what you mean by it.
Madoka
Madoka
Goon
Madoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by Madoka »

Deviled eggs

Madoka
DkKoba
Iconeum
72offsuit
Tet

Kinder Eggs

Battle Mage
Hiraki
Aloratom
happyorange

Easter Eggs

Allomancer

Rotten Eggs

DrDolittle
Looker
Almostejji

Allo plays the same in every game and I have yet to identify how to read him. I think his play is a bit different here from his town game in Totally Real Food, but honestly, I really don't know. He can go either way.

Return to “Completed Open Games”