Bernadetta
Bernadetta
Townie
Bernadetta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by Bernadetta »

In post 609, Jormengand wrote:Oh yeah, wagon me while I'm asleep, that's great. Don't worry, I'm used to dying early on both sides so I guess I'll just readslist and hope that I make sense. These aren't in any particular order 'cause I just grabbed them up at random:

SirCakez - I can understand the poke vote on me from town PoV, so that's fair. I don't... get the read on Elmo? So I'm kinda wondering on Cakez's reasoning there but honestly overall seems NAI.
Trojan - seems to be actually trying to to gamesolve so Imma say probably town, especially with the amount of detail they're going into.
We Are Not Helping - is not helping. A large amount of their ISO is just memeing, and while Trojan was also memeing a little and going on about my avatar, Trojan was also actually doing work. Over a hundred posts in, WANH has posted meaningful content in a tiny minority of them, which to me comes off as slightly scummy.
Baezu - I don't like the thing of posting reads without actually explaining those reads. While I don't want to OMGUS, especially not on a read, sheeping someone who said that it was suspicious to know that something was "Random nonsense" between reading it and properly analyzing it (???) seems like a bit of a weak sheep, and the rest of the reads aren't explained at all.
Bernadetta - Doesn't seem to be... actually doing much? Literally just meming around instead of playing, which isn't very towny from my experience.
FireMaPoka - does this player even have any posts? I don't think so, or at least I can't find them (PEDIT: Hey, I found out how to do ISOs without having to find an actual post by the player. Yeah, user has no posts.)
Lie Ren - As above, so below.
Shuichi - Not much to tell from the first three posts. I know as well as everyone that not reading anyone until you've had some time to think and sleep isn't a scumtell.

So on this side of the game, I'd like to see more analysis from most of the players,
especially
the ones who are scumreading players for no reason other than not having posted analysis yet (give us a chance, some of us are ill and/or multitasking. Also I prefer to wait until I have more to work with) - if you
have
got a scumread on someone, then you should have at least some reasoning to explain; if you
have
got the energy for a hundred and one posts, then post something useful. If someone doesn't have reads, I think they should get a chance to make some. I can tell you now that scumreading people just because they were slightly late to the party isn't helpful.

(Also, I don't always have the energy to do things, and seeing how much energy I put in earlygame be brought up as a tell is really disheartening. It's a longform game, I'll get around to my reads eventually.)
Reading your 2 completed games was a big mistake.
So I'm just gonna be needlessly nitpicky and ask you why you said you're used to dying early both sides when both of your completed games were your scum games?
I'm sorry for all the bad posts I'm about to make.
Bernadetta
Bernadetta
Townie
Bernadetta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:57 pm

Post by Bernadetta »

Actually you know what

Compared to the readlist he made as scum I'm content to call this not scum for now.
In post 673, Jormengand wrote:Player by player:

Jormengand: Absolutely positively the worst.
Doobietime: Seems to be trying to cover bases in a very unusual way, and the thing where she FoSed a counterclaim, got an entire explanation of why that's a bad idea and then went... "Yeah okay sure I can't convince you", I dunno, that seems potentially suspicious.
Clidd: No real read so town on balance of probabilities, probably. If mafia, doing a good job of pretending not to be.
72: In general, I don't like people going "Aha, I have reasons but I'm not gonna tell you!" like in #565, but I know that's in a lot of people's townrange. There's nothing really suspicious about him, but nothing massively exonerating either.
Atarashi: Some decent analysis that makes me want to lean town, but I'm not sure. While I'm not happy that they've been spending a decent amount of time pointing at people who are now me, I'm not certain I can blame them, so I probably lean town on them.
WizenedWalrus: Hasn't had a great deal of chance to post but has been scumhunting a decent bit. Maybe a little eager to jump on people given a chance? Probably town but I'm not certain.
Elmo: A lot of her early reasoning seems to make more sense in context, but I don't totally appreciate someone trying to kill me before I even get a chance to speak.
Menalque: I know that there
exist
town players who make gambits like that, but unfortunately, I don't know Menalque enough to know if he would do that as town but I suspect the answer is "No". Unless he's known for making that kind of gambit?
Iconeum: Conversely, I don't think it would make the CC as mafia. Reads as town to me. I can sorta see the arguments against, but I don't really.
Bernadetta
Bernadetta
Townie
Bernadetta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:58 pm

Post by Bernadetta »

At least he got stances this game
Bernadetta
Bernadetta
Townie
Bernadetta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by Bernadetta »

Oh would you look at that?
I made a daily quota.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

Bernie, did he ignore commenting on players in that game
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Bernadetta
Bernadetta
Townie
Bernadetta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by Bernadetta »

No but he did this.

Now read this and suffer with me.
In post 414, Jormengand wrote:#1 to #26: Mod stuff, RVS, banter. Meh. Robo votes itself, probably for funsies or testing or both. Null on everyone.
#27: This seems like solid advice. Null.
#28-47: rg tries to figure out how things work, more RVS happens.
#48: First indication that a vote isn't entirely random, by the looks just a poke vote? Seems mostly reasonable.
#49-56: I can see the LAMIST thing I guess but I don't really buy that it was intentional. Why deflect blame that isn't there?
#57-62: Seems like as good a townread as any can be at that point in RVS I guess.
#63-66: I have no idea whether JV's posts are a reasonable read because I don't know the meta here.
#67-71: This entire exchange feels very weird, especially since I don't know what a "Townlock" is. [FAKE EDIT: Maybe means "Town lock"? But then, how would anyone be town locked? How are you proving town? I don't get this in the slightest.]
#72-76: There does seem to be an argument here for being wary of previous game play as an indicator.
#77-82: Not getting the vote on TRQ here?
#83-84: On the other hand, this seems to be a weird stretch.
#85-86: Fluff meh.
#87: Unsubstantiated claim is unsubstantiated. I can see reasons for both of those but you should give them.
#88-96: Headache-inducing banter about how people know words?
#97-98: Interesting analysis. I can absolutely imagine new players acting like either of our two newbies, but I can see the Wiess SL.
#99-100: I don't really like this "No-one is suspicious, so meh" read. Admittedly that's more based on knowing scum!Jor than knowing scum!Weiss and I can see not wanting to commit early in longform, but my SL on Weiss gets a bit leanier.
#101: This implies that Natsu was reading someone as town based on information that I don't really see as relevant, which is a bit very suspicious.
#102: I maintain that newbs newbing is probably not news (see what I did there?) and I'm not sure that the whole thing with Weiss is really addressed fully?
#103: Yeah I get a relatively strong TR on Recti for trying to scumhunt even if I'm not sure I agree.
#104: I think these points are vaguely reasonable, but I don't agree with most of them.
#105-108: This reads as the kind of sudden defence I'd expect from someone panicked, possibly scum.
#109: Quote pyramids are the bane of my existence and so is putting stuff in red in someone else's quote. Anyway, I agree with the general "Some newbs will newb" sentiment. Obviously I don't agree with lynching Maple, but what can you do?
#110-112: I don't get this 180 here? Why does stating the blooming obvious make you town?
#113: The connection between video gaming and mafia is starting to feel F O R C E D. So I start to wonder a little about Recti, too.
#114-127: Okay this is kinda rambly but at least we end up getting SOME reads out of rg at last?
#128: I sorta see the "rg only knows what jackson wants because rg is mafia" line but I also think that's probably rg just screwing up phrasing?
#129-151: A lot of back-and-forth about a player who is now me. Unfortunately, I can't speak for either not!me's towngame or their scumgame, so... sorry! I can confirm that I'm not a mason but I'm pretty sure you already knew that.
#152-153: By this point in the game, neither Natsu nor Non Imh has said anything particularly coherent, so I can't really get much of a read on them beyond a scumlean because of their limited posting.
#154: Holy VC, batman! Look, I just don't wanna leave gaps in this.
#155: I'm still really skeptical about TRQ's rg/JV read. Also, two people "Incorrectly town reading each other" seems quite unlikely.
#156-160: Oh look there's no point analysing OMN.

Okay, yeah, I have an impression of most slots in this game; I'm not going to specify everything on every post but tell me if there's somewhere I need to be looking specific. I just need to ISO 72 for a bit.

#344: Okay either I've missed something or this makes limited sense. I agree with a couple of the reads but not, like, most of them. I don't know why you think this is insta-solved.
Everything else: I guess I see some of your points but I'm not sure I agree. I can see the SR on Recti more than I did before.

Okay so the final reads, in order:

Jormengand: I will never not jokingly self-read.
72: I don't know that you're actually correct, but I really don't see anything suspicious.
rg: I feel like TRQ is scum trying to pass out not-very-good reasons why you're scum. If JV flips scum then you become a little more suspicious.
JV: If rg flips scum then maybe you become more suspicious, but I really don't think you're very scummy.
Recti: Early on, I was pretty sure that you were town. Now, less so. But I still don't straight-up SR you either.
Weiss: You've done a couple of scummy things, but so does everyone. Still kinda suspicious of you, but not too strongly.
Non: You seem to be dedicated to being slightly unhelpful and not saying much. Admittedly I haven't looked at the whole game, but I'm not totally sure where your fingers are pointing.
Natsu: Some of your early play is VERY weird, and your early reads are bizarre. Strong SL maybe SR.
TRQ: I mean, if rg or JV flip scum then I concede that you might have to move from the scummiest place on the list, but everything you've posted seems like a desperate attempt to lynch anyone you can point a finger at. It's pretty damning IMO.

No recent VC so I'll hold off so that I don't hammer or anything by mistake but yeah, TRQ seems a bit very off to me.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

ye

i suppose he could be town here

cakey trojan or smth?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Bernadetta
Bernadetta
Townie
Bernadetta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by Bernadetta »

Actually this is a different game.

But still you see my point.
Bernadetta
Bernadetta
Townie
Bernadetta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by Bernadetta »

They are two slots that I need a comfortable time to read tbh
I tried reading Trojan posts and got 0 feelings out of it so I gotta try again later.
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by We are not helping »

fire is back to have fun times with fun people.

and my good friend rc ofc.
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:20 pm

In post 854, We are not helping wrote:
In post 850, RadiantCowbells wrote:That spooks me

I feel like there has to be some sort of obnoxious scum mechanic like a hammerer or something to make this balanced and I don't want to take chances
UNVOTE:

ok fine but i want a town win

-bitmap
bitmap taking this game too seriously when he should read our name and understand what our principles are!

~fire
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:23 pm

In post 889, BBmolla wrote:firebringer what are your reads this game bro?
I just have rc/cakez/nsg as town

rc because he promised me money back.
cakez because he is playing in a town mindset from what I have seen.
nsg because mastina called her scum.

mastina is my no favorite scumread. No others can take her spot. I gave a INDEPTH analysis for why she is a scum. Would recommend.

I think rc or someone floated around the idea jjh/mastina possibility but I don't see it or get it. I think rc and jjh have some external conflict that is boiling over into this game or something. Not sure. Doesn't feel game relevant.

or maybe I am not reading their posts right.

Ohh and ur probably town cause ur not lurking. So much good news to deliver.
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Shuichi Saihara »

In post 859, RadiantCowbells wrote:Do we think that Trojan Jormen can be 2 scum
I don't put the whole puzzle together until Closing Arguments, but I don't have any objections to these at least independently of each other.
In post 895, Bernadetta wrote:Although I am giving out one read a day to be the helpful member of the town community.
I do like this schtick.
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:25 pm

In post 624, Shuichi Saihara wrote:Sorry. I just know Fire the best, and I like to flatter myself that I'm some sort of growlithe whisperer.
but uve also been known to get me to believe ur townreads on me as genuine when ur a scum butt! ur going to have to do more than that for me to believe u are a wolf whisperer.
or doggo whisperer.

whatever whispering skill u put points in.

I put all my points in Humor.

Which I was later told wasn't even a DND skill. THEY DIDNT EVEN LET ME CHANGE IT TO CHARISMA!!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by BBmolla »

@christmas folks:
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:28 pm

globbedy can be my number 2 favorite scumread.

I don't have a reason.

or maybe I don't like turkeys.

~fire
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:30 pm

In post 809, gobbledygook wrote:I legitimately think NSG could be scum here.
In post 811, gobbledygook wrote:I just think town NSG doesn’t crumb that hard
like its pretty obvious nsg is faking that crumb so she doesn't get night killed.

its like a textbook RC strategy that she is stealing.
Pretend ur nightimmune in hopes u don't get targeted.

It usually doesn't work though.

This should be obvious to almost everyone.

~fire
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:31 pm

the horsie: trojan horse is actually my second favorite scum read.

sorry gobbledy, better luck next time.

~fire
Wonderwalll
Wonderwalll
Goon
Wonderwalll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by Wonderwalll »

NSG crumbed?

-wall
Wonderwalll
Wonderwalll
Goon
Wonderwalll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:34 pm

Post by Wonderwalll »

Wait ruby red was an NSG alt??
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by BBmolla »

here wonderwall, please
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by BBmolla »

here have some more options

literally anything please just have an avatar
Wonderwalll
Wonderwalll
Goon
Wonderwalll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by Wonderwalll »

Thanks molla

-wall
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 919, Wonderwalll wrote:Wait ruby red was an NSG alt??
:O

I’m shook
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Wonderwalll
Wonderwalll
Goon
Wonderwalll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by Wonderwalll »

VOTE: jjh