Lie Ren
Goon
Lie Ren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Lie Ren »

In post 628, SirCakez wrote:
In post 626, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm fine with everyone starting the game by townreading active people but I'm not convinced jormun lie Amrun Elmo is 4 scum right now
I'm also having this concern.
It's never as easy as 4 scummy low-content players.
Except wasn't it that easy in Civilization Mafia, minus the low content players actually being scummy?
Lie Ren
Lie Ren
Goon
Lie Ren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:35 am

Post by Lie Ren »

In post 653, SirCakez wrote:is Shuichi actually Ceph?
Given the fact his play here parallels his detective shtick in MMII I am inclined to say Shuichi is Cephrir.
Lie Ren
Lie Ren
Goon
Lie Ren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:38 am

Post by Lie Ren »

In post 673, Shuichi Saihara wrote:
In post 670, SirCakez wrote:what is the cohesion tell?
In short, the idea that townies care about the reads of other players, and will shift their reads to align more with players they're townreading and less with players they're scumreading. It's something I'm not sure I agree that people actually do -- I know that I usually don't and I think at least some players are like me in this -- but hitogoroshi and I have had a number of fun arguments about it (and I actually mean fun, that isn't sarcasm and he's a treasure.)
Do you not think scum would do an alternate approach, aligning with those whose reads match their ends? Am I missing it being intrinsically linked to your main hteory?
Lie Ren
Lie Ren
Goon
Lie Ren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Lie Ren »

In post 675, Shuichi Saihara wrote:I like your definition too, it might be better.

hito is a better town player than me, so I'm starting to think I should at least give that idea the time of day.
Who is hito? I know the name but don't know of anyone here who would be him. Is it on of the Trojan Horse heads?
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Shuichi Saihara »

In post 1054, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 254, Jormengand wrote:
In post 253, Trojan Horses wrote:I'm curious about Jormengand's profile picture. Is it a specific reference to something, or something guessable?
It's not a reference. It is guessable what it
is
but it's not a
reference
to anything specific. Apart from a fun fact about me, I guess.

[line][/line]

Anyway, back on the game: I have no ideas, other than "I have no idea where anyone's getting their reads from so that's weird, huh."
In post 609, Jormengand wrote:Oh yeah, wagon me while I'm asleep, that's great. Don't worry, I'm used to dying early on both sides so I guess I'll just readslist and hope that I make sense. These aren't in any particular order 'cause I just grabbed them up at random:

SirCakez - I can understand the poke vote on me from town PoV, so that's fair. I don't... get the read on Elmo? So I'm kinda wondering on Cakez's reasoning there but honestly overall seems NAI.
Trojan - seems to be actually trying to to gamesolve so Imma say probably town, especially with the amount of detail they're going into.
We Are Not Helping - is not helping. A large amount of their ISO is just memeing, and while Trojan was also memeing a little and going on about my avatar, Trojan was also actually doing work. Over a hundred posts in, WANH has posted meaningful content in a tiny minority of them, which to me comes off as slightly scummy.
Baezu - I don't like the thing of posting reads without actually explaining those reads. While I don't want to OMGUS, especially not on a read, sheeping someone who said that it was suspicious to know that something was "Random nonsense" between reading it and properly analyzing it (???) seems like a bit of a weak sheep, and the rest of the reads aren't explained at all.
Bernadetta - Doesn't seem to be... actually doing much? Literally just meming around instead of playing, which isn't very towny from my experience.
FireMaPoka - does this player even have any posts? I don't think so, or at least I can't find them (PEDIT: Hey, I found out how to do ISOs without having to find an actual post by the player. Yeah, user has no posts.)
Lie Ren - As above, so below.
Shuichi - Not much to tell from the first three posts. I know as well as everyone that not reading anyone until you've had some time to think and sleep isn't a scumtell.

So on this side of the game, I'd like to see more analysis from most of the players,
especially
the ones who are scumreading players for no reason other than not having posted analysis yet (give us a chance, some of us are ill and/or multitasking. Also I prefer to wait until I have more to work with) - if you
have
got a scumread on someone, then you should have at least some reasoning to explain; if you
have
got the energy for a hundred and one posts, then post something useful. If someone doesn't have reads, I think they should get a chance to make some. I can tell you now that scumreading people just because they were slightly late to the party isn't helpful.

(Also, I don't always have the energy to do things, and seeing how much energy I put in earlygame be brought up as a tell is really disheartening. It's a longform game, I'll get around to my reads eventually.)
The gap from here to here really feels like

Scum told him he needs to give reads so he gave reads
I'm not usually up for this kind of bigbrain predict-exactly-what-the-scum-are-doing thing, but actually I like this one.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:40 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 1100, Lie Ren wrote:
In post 628, SirCakez wrote:
In post 626, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm fine with everyone starting the game by townreading active people but I'm not convinced jormun lie Amrun Elmo is 4 scum right now
I'm also having this concern.
It's never as easy as 4 scummy low-content players.
Except wasn't it that easy in Civilization Mafia, minus the low content players actually being scummy?
Not after I subbed in
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:41 am

In post 1057, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 1050, gobbledygook wrote:1. Why me?
2. Datisi is in this hydra?
3. Wants to sheep me?
1. Obv townread
2. Who is Datisi
3. Who is Datisi

:P
In post 1060, RadiantCowbells wrote:ILL DO YOU ONE BETTER WHY IS DATISI
In post 1061, gobbledygook wrote:When is Datisi
They always ask who is Datisi, but they never ask HOW is Datisi :( :( :(

Wait, shoot, I was supposed to be playing seriously.
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:45 am

In post 1102, Lie Ren wrote:
In post 673, Shuichi Saihara wrote:
In post 670, SirCakez wrote:what is the cohesion tell?
In short, the idea that townies care about the reads of other players, and will shift their reads to align more with players they're townreading and less with players they're scumreading. It's something I'm not sure I agree that people actually do -- I know that I usually don't and I think at least some players are like me in this -- but hitogoroshi and I have had a number of fun arguments about it (and I actually mean fun, that isn't sarcasm and he's a treasure.)
Sure, possibly.

Do you not think scum would do an alternate approach, aligning with those whose reads match their ends? Am I missing it being intrinsically linked to your main hteory?
In post 1103, Lie Ren wrote:
In post 675, Shuichi Saihara wrote:I like your definition too, it might be better.

hito is a better town player than me, so I'm starting to think I should at least give that idea the time of day.
Who is hito? I know the name but don't know of anyone here who would be him. Is it on of the Trojan Horse heads?
hitogoroshi

Also Gamma my dude. Would it kill you to make your catchup posts one post instead of 700? Or at least skip the fluffy parts until caught up?
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:45 am

"Sure, possibly" was supposed to be a reply to the first quote, not in it.
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:46 am

In post 1104, Shuichi Saihara wrote:
In post 1054, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 254, Jormengand wrote:
In post 253, Trojan Horses wrote:I'm curious about Jormengand's profile picture. Is it a specific reference to something, or something guessable?
It's not a reference. It is guessable what it
is
but it's not a
reference
to anything specific. Apart from a fun fact about me, I guess.

[line][/line]

Anyway, back on the game: I have no ideas, other than "I have no idea where anyone's getting their reads from so that's weird, huh."
In post 609, Jormengand wrote:Oh yeah, wagon me while I'm asleep, that's great. Don't worry, I'm used to dying early on both sides so I guess I'll just readslist and hope that I make sense. These aren't in any particular order 'cause I just grabbed them up at random:

SirCakez - I can understand the poke vote on me from town PoV, so that's fair. I don't... get the read on Elmo? So I'm kinda wondering on Cakez's reasoning there but honestly overall seems NAI.
Trojan - seems to be actually trying to to gamesolve so Imma say probably town, especially with the amount of detail they're going into.
We Are Not Helping - is not helping. A large amount of their ISO is just memeing, and while Trojan was also memeing a little and going on about my avatar, Trojan was also actually doing work. Over a hundred posts in, WANH has posted meaningful content in a tiny minority of them, which to me comes off as slightly scummy.
Baezu - I don't like the thing of posting reads without actually explaining those reads. While I don't want to OMGUS, especially not on a read, sheeping someone who said that it was suspicious to know that something was "Random nonsense" between reading it and properly analyzing it (???) seems like a bit of a weak sheep, and the rest of the reads aren't explained at all.
Bernadetta - Doesn't seem to be... actually doing much? Literally just meming around instead of playing, which isn't very towny from my experience.
FireMaPoka - does this player even have any posts? I don't think so, or at least I can't find them (PEDIT: Hey, I found out how to do ISOs without having to find an actual post by the player. Yeah, user has no posts.)
Lie Ren - As above, so below.
Shuichi - Not much to tell from the first three posts. I know as well as everyone that not reading anyone until you've had some time to think and sleep isn't a scumtell.

So on this side of the game, I'd like to see more analysis from most of the players,
especially
the ones who are scumreading players for no reason other than not having posted analysis yet (give us a chance, some of us are ill and/or multitasking. Also I prefer to wait until I have more to work with) - if you
have
got a scumread on someone, then you should have at least some reasoning to explain; if you
have
got the energy for a hundred and one posts, then post something useful. If someone doesn't have reads, I think they should get a chance to make some. I can tell you now that scumreading people just because they were slightly late to the party isn't helpful.

(Also, I don't always have the energy to do things, and seeing how much energy I put in earlygame be brought up as a tell is really disheartening. It's a longform game, I'll get around to my reads eventually.)
The gap from here to here really feels like

Scum told him he needs to give reads so he gave reads
I'm not usually up for this kind of bigbrain predict-exactly-what-the-scum-are-doing thing, but actually I like this one.
I missed an opportunity here to do a "that was your plan, wasn't it? Jormengand, the Ultimate Newbscum?"

but I guess that's the kind of dramatic turnabout thing I should save for someone I'm voting right now.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:48 am

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count #1.3
Halloween
Christmas
With 9 Alive, it is 5 to Lynch or No Lynch!

Jormungand (2): , ,
SirCakez (1): ,
We are not helping (1): ,
Trojan Horses (1): ,
Baezu (0):
Radiant Cowbells (0):
Bernadetta (0):
Shuichi Saihara (0):
Lie Ren (0):

Not Voting (4): Bernadetta, Lie Ren, Jormungand, ,
With 9 Alive, it is 5 to Lynch or No Lynch!

jjh (2): , ,
mastina (1):
Amrun (1): ,
Wonderwalll (1): ,
Elmo teh AzN (0):
Northsidegal (0):
Gobbledegook (0):
BBMolla (0):
DrDolittle (0):

Not Voting (4): jjh, Amrun, NSG,

Spoiler: Failed Votes
In post 823, BBmolla wrote: VOTE: Trojan Horse
As Trojan Horse is not a player in your game, this was counted as an unvote.

In post 843, DrDolittle wrote: VOTE: trojan
As Trojan Horse is not a player in your game, this was counted as an unvote.
This is a Parachute.
Lie Ren
Lie Ren
Goon
Lie Ren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:49 am

Post by Lie Ren »

In post 747, Baezu wrote:Honestly, I think I'll be able to figure out the Baker later...

But for the love of God, people, this is town RC
Which person is the Baker here?

Also, I have been trying to avoid completely needless fluff, but I don't really feel the need to compress posts down, and part of me feels like doing that in Perfect Masquerade hurt my ability to stay on top of the game.

Also you didn't tell me who hito might be in this game, unless he's not and I misread?
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:50 am

I am not aware of him being in this game
Lie Ren
Lie Ren
Goon
Lie Ren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:52 am

Post by Lie Ren »

In post 758, Lie Ren wrote:Nearly forgot about this game. My bad.

I wish this would have two unique threads. I’m not exactly a fan of sifting through games I don’t have to, so having to play around the players I likely won’t be trying to sort is going to be obnoxious.
Alright, now that I'm where I started and not too far past my initially planned stopping time, I will see if Jormungand posted the thing I want from them yet. After that's I'll check out until possibly later tonight.
Lie Ren
Lie Ren
Goon
Lie Ren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Lie Ren »

Jormengand, which I just realized I have been misspelling, didn't post the thing I want yet, and hasn't posted at all since the read list, so I'm feeling they might have some scum equity. However I also see the logic to scumread Trojan somewhat.
VOTE: Trojan Horses

Thank you SirCakez for answering me, by the way.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:15 am

Post by BBmolla »

Gobbs why you on the JJ wagon brotha

Sell me on it cause I still think mastina/dolittle are better votes

And everyone else in our town is dead so I have no one else to talk to
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:25 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Lie could be nontown
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:05 pm

Post by Baezu »

In post 1111, Lie Ren wrote:
In post 747, Baezu wrote:Honestly, I think I'll be able to figure out the Baker later...

But for the love of God, people, this is town RC
Which person is the Baker here?

Also, I have been trying to avoid completely needless fluff, but I don't really feel the need to compress posts down, and part of me feels like doing that in Perfect Masquerade hurt my ability to stay on top of the game.

Also you didn't tell me who hito might be in this game, unless he's not and I misread?
Baker=sircakez
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Baezu »

In post 1116, RadiantCowbells wrote:Lie could be nontown
Why you say dis?
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
jjh927
jjh927
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
jjh927
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I get that the longer I don't read this stuff, the more of it there will be to read, but I am very tired. I apologise. I'll probably catch up tomorrow, unless anyone wants to ask me anything in the next 5 minutes or so
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Shuichi Saihara
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Shuichi Saihara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:56 pm

In post 1116, RadiantCowbells wrote:Lie could be nontown
1114 is a terrible post.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1115, BBmolla wrote:Gobbs why you on the JJ wagon brotha
I don't feel like he is scumhunting. But I don't really think many people in our game are scumhunting. I should be thankful because my real life is in shambles right now so I don't have to put priority on this game.

Talk to me on Mastina? Is your read still based on her opening salvo of posts?

---

I vibe with the Lie Ren scumreads. I am curious why he revealed his main after NSG subtly outted him.
I also feel like NSG knows everything. :shifty:
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 1121, gobbledygook wrote:I vibe with the Lie Ren scumreads. I am curious why he revealed his main after NSG subtly outted him.
I also feel like NSG knows everything.
"subtly"
Infectious stealth hydra

Wild, wild horses couldn’t drag us away.
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by Trojan Horses »

Dear Sushi,

How seriously am I playing 1-10?
Infectious stealth hydra

Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Trojan Horses »

Dear Lie Ren,

What is the logic behind the scumcase on me?
Infectious stealth hydra

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”