Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:00 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Farkran
giving a code to reading
Pops
so I won't have to decode her after reading 300 posts to catchup AFTER I do hours of classwork is the towniest thing I've noted of him so far.

-yang
Hydra of Blake Belladonna and Yang Xiao Long
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:02 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Farkran
, I genuinely think that all of your assessments of this slot - at least
Blake
- are wrong, contradictory, or a weird angle to take but I don't want to derail the thread and disrupt gameflow by putting you into a crater, since I'm not as confident as
Blake
on the scumread here.

-yang
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:07 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

In post 1176, Blake X Yang wrote:a weird angle
unfair is a better word. But I'm too tired and vexed IRL to 1v1 here, and this isn't going to help me filter the thread any better.

I don't disagree with
Blake's
POV of the game, if that means anything. We just don't approach quite the same way.

So, if you're town
Farkran
, please entertain the fact that you're not 100% tunneling us as scum, and treat us as potential town as I am you.

Now, time to do classwork... and then reply to what I said I would... and then reply to catchup in the thread...

-yang
Despair Night
Despair Night
Goon
Despair Night
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:26 am

Post by Despair Night »

event when

never gonna give up

if it's codenames i'm gonna die

~som
egospray
egospray
Goon
egospray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:38 am

Post by egospray »

I will never understand what code names is
Secret Hydra of GeorgeBailey and Bugspray
egospray
egospray
Goon
egospray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:56 am

Post by egospray »

In post 1179, egospray wrote:I will never understand what code names is
The best god damn party game that i'm pissed to miss

-gb
Secret Hydra of GeorgeBailey and Bugspray
Cappy
Cappy
Goon
Cappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:12 am

Post by Cappy »

Hectic and Pink Ball
Mikoto and Kuroko
Mikoto and Kuroko
Goon
Mikoto and Kuroko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:13 am

Post by Mikoto and Kuroko »

In post 1176, Blake X Yang wrote:
Farkran
, I genuinely think that all of your assessments of this slot - at least
Blake
- are wrong, contradictory, or a weird angle to take but I don't want to derail the thread and disrupt gameflow by putting you into a crater, since I'm not as confident as
Blake
on the scumread here.

-yang
Ok, this is an interesting point to bring up, so i am going to elaborate on what i think blake is doing wrong (the scummy side of wrong) and you will tell me why my perception is bad, deal?

1) I think blake is not engaging with me to sort my slot. She has expectations about what i would do, but does no effort to understand if/why there are variations in my play. Her read is not only inaccurate, it's surface level and lazy. I could expect such a push very early in the game to make the gamestate move forward, not around page 20 or something when there are already established wagons and plenty of content to analyze from the active slots.

2) Aside from my own slot, i do not see blake engaging with any of the slots she's unsure about. See to understand what i am talking about. She complains about the lack of info about her null slots and a noisy gamestate, but does nothing to improve the situation, instead chooses to vote a slot who has produced tons of content over trying to explore any of
"NL, Smol Might, Flavortown, Egospray, Feminist Blocc, Equitable Androids, and Black Hole Defection are slots I'm not expressly townreading or scumreading"

Now those are the major points that led me to believe your slot could be scum. While i don't have any experience with you, i can definitely see blake as scum going for a plausible hero push on a slot she knows could be a threat later on, as opposed to pushing lhf which would be the level 0 play here. From town!blake, i would expect her to be much more careful and interested in the correctness of pushes.

So, if you know something that i don't, i.e. your private discussions that led you to produce these conclusions, please inform me of the missing links that made me perceive you as scum and i may further my reconsideration.

-Farkran
Bitmap (Mikoto) & Farkran (Kuroko)
Spiffybringer
Spiffybringer
Goon
Spiffybringer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:13 am

Post by Spiffybringer »

In post 1120, Despair Night wrote:Again with the same question I asked last night and you ignored it. Who called Imperium town?
Despair Night
Blake X Yang
Latias/Latios
Disaster Artists
The Searchers

Since making that initial post:
egospray
Feminist Bloc

This is just CTRL-Fing 'Imperium' in each ISO, I didn't even try 'Nacho' or 'Tammy'.

I feel the number of players town reading Imperium with confidence is disproportionate to their content so far which is pretty null so far imo. Can you explain why you're town reading them?

I see your long post about me, I'll respond to it when I can get away from work for a longer period of time.

~Spiffy
Hydra of Spiffeh and Firebringer
Cappy
Cappy
Goon
Cappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:15 am

Post by Cappy »

Hectic and Pink Ball
Spiffybringer
Spiffybringer
Goon
Spiffybringer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:17 am

Post by Spiffybringer »

I think The Searchers had a town read on Imperium early on and have since changed their minds so maybe I shouldn't have included them

~Spiffy
Cappy
Cappy
Goon
Cappy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:28 am

Post by Cappy »

In post 950, egospray wrote:
In post 946, Disaster Artists wrote:GB how should I feel about the fact that you have only made one meme image this game so far?

-JC
All of them are in my PT with Hectic

-gb

Hectic and Pink Ball
The Searchers
The Searchers
Goon
The Searchers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:41 am

Post by The Searchers »

Equitable Androids in post 1088 wrote:This is the second time you've used gut as explanation for your reads... I feel like I don't remember you being this reliant on gut in past games we have played together, Ircher.
You are correct that I try to focus more on content than gut, but for some players that can be difficult.
Black Hole Detection in post 1105 wrote: Neither a plan of 34% or 0% on CO Spiffybringer is bad on its own. Switching back and forth for which one you think pleases people is jank!
Are you reading our posts. Quote evidence of this please and thank you.
Despair Night in post 1119 wrote: Please enlighten me, what's so clear about this progression?
(This was about our Spiffybringer read.) I'll point out that most of the posts without signatures are SirCakez. How many times must we explain we had conflicting views on the slot?
In post 1134, Latias and Latios wrote:
In post 919, Smol Might wrote:
In post 729, Despair Night wrote:So this is my first non-IC newbie game. Welcome everyone, and JC especially from our history. I had a custom of posing some introductory questions to get the game started:

1. What is your experience at Mafia
2. How do you play as town
3. How do you play as scum
4. What do you think gives away a player as scum or town

~som
I have issues with this post but ill answer anyways and then give my thoughts on it.

1. Years of experience, to the point where ive been almost selected for Champs at MU more then once.
2 & 3 Have Chemist answer this for me. He knows how I play. Me giving any answer would make it wifom while having him answer for me would tie us together, and it would help me read him based off his answer on me.
4. I think chems answer to the above would help answer this more then anything i could give honestly

the issues i have with this is that no matter what alignment you have, your going to try to make it seem like your town from these answers, even if its nt 100% true. Theyre just not good questions.

wouldnt you get much more info if we posted our latest scum/town games?
Goodposting from Smol Might

-Latios
How is answering an RQS so late in the game "good posting"?
In post 1141, Despair Night wrote:Spiffybringer -

Alright. I have already touched on some of the stuff that bothered me, but I'll do a complete ISO scan.

Interactions with Imperium slot
:

is horrible enough to warrant this explanation. I always look at posts like these and immediately get gut pinged "scum", mainly because I take it as someone looking to replicate previous interactions / rekindle previous memories that would make someone just feel well with regards to their alignment (Spiffy's). Not to say this couldn't be said by a town but I just think it's a weird thing to focus on,
especially when they haven't even posted.

I feel as though a more town way of reacting to slots that you have some history with is to just let them post, and joke with them, rather than just leaving a comment there. I may be biased, but saying it before a slot has even posted feels a lot more like a scum pussy move. You don't say it as a joke while interacting with them, because you don't know how they'd react. Also, it's much more likely when they're doing that catchup, they'll see the post and think "heh, this is town spiffy".

If you skim through Spiff's ISO, you can see that there is almost NO ATTEMPT WHATSOEVER to sort Imperium, but he dedicates a lot of his time denying reads on Imperium, while having no idea what Imperium is. I've always looked at that behaviour as more scum. If you don't think they're town, then why aren't you pushing to confirm your theory? You're sitting on an unexplained read, denying any and all town reads on that slot, without even trying to see whether the reasoning that is given is justified. By denying the reads, you're essentially saying "I can see why he's being town read, but I actively choose to deny town reads on them anyway". Why? If you think they're such weak scum that you can - in your own words - find them on Day 2, wouldn't you be more likely to believe they're just town here? I don't see the connections in your head, it feels a lot more like you don't want Nacho and Tammy to be town read because they can push scum and are powerful town. If you were town, wouldn't you want to harness that strength out of them and work with them? Instead you're doing your best to turn down reads on them.

THAT IS NOT A NATURAL TvT interaction between two slots that have previously played together. There is no town motivation behind denying reads on a player that YOU HAVE NO STANDING ON. You're more worried about the power and credit they're getting, even though I don't really see why it would be such a problem? They literally claimed, you have no reaction based on that post.

is another example, you have no standing on the slot, you DEMAND a town read on yourself, instead of ASKING WHAT THEIR READ IS ON YOU SO YOU CAN SORT THEM.

another interaction with Imperium, you joke with them.

dismissing the slot, looking to distance from them. Why???

Spiffy has done nothing but discrediting and shading the Imperium slot so they wouldn't gain the power of leading lynches. He does nothing to sort them still, every time he gets the chance to engage one of them, he chooses to joke with them instead. This is not town behaviour. If you are town and truly afraid of Imperium gaining power, you wouldn't shut it down without having a read on them, you'd first sort them and then argue.

VOTE: Spiffybringer

This stays for the rest of the day. I won't argue with spiffy. He can defend himself, but I don't think I'm changing my mind. Decide for yourselves whether this is a scum slot or not.
I have some issues with this post. While I understand your argument regarding , I think it's very little +scum equity if any at all. Town can and have said such a thing many times in past games I've played. I guess you might have a point regarding it's strange to focus on when the slot has yet to post.

Regarding the middle part about denying reads, can you point to more evidence of such?

Your comment on post 460 is over the top. I know Firebringer goes for a trolly playstyle, and while I acknowledge that I haven't really played with Spiffeh before, I imagine their playstyle is similar. I also wouldn't call that "demanding" a town read so much as "suggesting" one. Anyway, it looks like a joke post; it sounds like a joke post; so it must be a joke post.

Joking in 833 by itself is also not really alignment indicative either.

I think your point regarding 835 is fair though. That did seem overly dismissive.
~Ircher
Hydra of SirCakez and Ircher.
Spiffybringer
Spiffybringer
Goon
Spiffybringer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:52 am

Post by Spiffybringer »

In post 1141, Despair Night wrote:If you skim through Spiff's ISO, you can see that there is almost NO ATTEMPT WHATSOEVER to sort Imperium, but he dedicates a lot of his time denying reads on Imperium, while having no idea what Imperium is. I've always looked at that behaviour as more scum. If you don't think they're town, then why aren't you pushing to confirm your theory? You're sitting on an unexplained read, denying any and all town reads on that slot, without even trying to see whether the reasoning that is given is justified. By denying the reads, you're essentially saying "I can see why he's being town read, but I actively choose to deny town reads on them anyway". Why? If you think they're such weak scum that you can - in your own words - find them on Day 2, wouldn't you be more likely to believe they're just town here? I don't see the connections in your head, it feels a lot more like you don't want Nacho and Tammy to be town read because they can push scum and are powerful town. If you were town, wouldn't you want to harness that strength out of them and work with them? Instead you're doing your best to turn down reads on them.

THAT IS NOT A NATURAL TvT interaction between two slots that have previously played together. There is no town motivation behind denying reads on a player that YOU HAVE NO STANDING ON. You're more worried about the power and credit they're getting, even though I don't really see why it would be such a problem? They literally claimed, you have no reaction based on that post.
I have made attempts to sort them, a few of which you've linked below, and, newsflash, maybe the fact that I've been so hard on them is because I want to gauge how they react to me when they return? I've explained already that I'm really waiting for Tammy to get engaged in the game because I think I will get a more concrete read on their slot the more content she provides. So I think it's disingenuous to act like I'm not trying to sort them when I've been pretty clear on my path forward regarding their slot. You're right that I have no real standing on them, because the posts they've made don't make me feel strongly either way.

I am not denying reads on them, I'm just surprised at how often and confidently they're garnering town reads based on their content so far. I literally made one post expressing this sentiment and another one following up when Latios/Latias responded to it. You are misrepresenting how devoted I am to "denying" town reads on them.
Spiffybringer
Spiffybringer
Goon
Spiffybringer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:56 am

Post by Spiffybringer »

In post 1141, Despair Night wrote: is another example, you have no standing on the slot, you DEMAND a town read on yourself, instead of ASKING WHAT THEIR READ IS ON YOU SO YOU CAN SORT THEM.

another interaction with Imperium, you joke with them.

dismissing the slot, looking to distance from them. Why???

Spiffy has done nothing but discrediting and shading the Imperium slot so they wouldn't gain the power of leading lynches. He does nothing to sort them still, every time he gets the chance to engage one of them, he chooses to joke with them instead. This is not town behaviour. If you are town and truly afraid of Imperium gaining power, you wouldn't shut it down without having a read on them, you'd first sort them and then argue.
Like this part of the post makes it pretty clear you came into your read with the intention of scum reading me.

#460 is transparently a joke so you're REALLY reaching with this one
#833 correct
#838 is not dismissing, I had nothing to elaborate on about Latias/Latios because it was not something I was all that confident in the first place, which I have explained over and over again to several people. You call this 'distancing' which is ridiculous because I literally engage Nacho with a question in that very post.

And the last paragraph is just a bunch of buzzwords that don't apply to try to illustrate your point!

You seem to think that I'm prioritizing joking with Imperium over sorting them and sure, I am excited to play with them and I have joked with them a lot. But you're painting this like there is no effort on my part to ascertain their alignment which is very wrong.

This and above post ~Spiffy
Spiffybringer
Spiffybringer
Goon
Spiffybringer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:01 am

Post by Spiffybringer »

Tbh Despair Night's case on me is reminiscent of how I used to play as town when I felt confident about a scum read: I would go into the read with the intention of casing them as scum and use buzzwords to form a narrative around their posts rather than unbiasedly draw a conclusion.

But I want to leave my vote on them out of spite so maybe I'll reevaluate later!

~Spiffy
Despair Night
Despair Night
Goon
Despair Night
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:29 am

Post by Despair Night »

In post 1183, Spiffybringer wrote:
In post 1120, Despair Night wrote:Again with the same question I asked last night and you ignored it. Who called Imperium town?
Despair Night
Blake X Yang
Latias/Latios
Disaster Artists
The Searchers

Since making that initial post:
egospray
Feminist Bloc

This is just CTRL-Fing 'Imperium' in each ISO, I didn't even try 'Nacho' or 'Tammy'.

I feel the number of players town reading Imperium with confidence is disproportionate to their content so far which is pretty null so far imo. Can you explain why you're town reading them?

I see your long post about me, I'll respond to it when I can get away from work for a longer period of time.

~Spiffy
If you quote me the post where I said I town read them, then yes, I can. :P

~som
Latias and Latios
Latias and Latios
Goon
Latias and Latios
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:35 am

Post by Latias and Latios »

In post 1172, Despair Night wrote:Point out what I’ve been deliberately ignoring and go further into the nuance of their interactions please.

~som
You seem like you're portraying Spiffeh's interactions with them as discrediting, while there has been genuine sorting and reasoning with Imperium by Spiffeh.

-Latios
Hydra of Chemist1422 and Gamma Emerald
Latias and Latios
Latias and Latios
Goon
Latias and Latios
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:39 am

In post 1173, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:
Spoiler: pops
In post 1105, Black Hole Defection wrote:
In post 659, Latias and Latios wrote:Lash/pops, if you're going to do the roleplay thing, may I suggest you call town the Allied Nations instead of Orange Star, given the plot of Dual Strike seems to be what you're referencing with your hydra?

-Latios
Huh? I don't remember posting about the Dual Strike War. But you'd be right that talking about that war specifically is the only time Nell's gonna let you call Orange Star "Allied Nations", or talk very much about how Blue Moon and Yellow Comet used to be a thing. She probably would have had a harder time selling the rebrand if Jake and Rachel hadn't stolen so much thunder in the final battle.
In post 670, Blake X Yang wrote: Mikoto and Kuroko are a moderate to strong scumread.

VOTE: Mikoto and Kuroko

-Blake
Why the least reasons for the Black Hole General? Your blueprints are clear and seem real, which makes me want to ally with you. But you are very scary when you have Black Hole's income, so I want to check all the corners. Did you know you can fit four entire Oozium units in a jelly jar?
You showed me the blueprints for Black Hole last in the Battle of Fusion too, but they were good news when I got them.
If I'll learn this later, ignore this missive.
In post 673, Imperium wrote:
I
M
P
O
R
T
A
N
T
P
O
S
T
W
A
R
N
I
N
G

Tammy and I are Plusle and Minun. We have multiple abilities, but only one that really matters.

FOLLOW ME.

Every one in the game will be forced to target us tonight. As a result, there's an incredibly large chance that we die. If we do not, then we have yet another use of FOLLOW ME tomorrow night. If scum do not have a way to counterbalance us (and thus this ends in No Kills 2 nights in a row), then lolbalance, but from this moment on, I'm operating as if I'm knocking on death's door. If you want to make a connection with me or if you care about my opinion at all, don't wait - I will not be long for this world.

This role is exciting to me because this is very likely my last game for a long while and my personal feeling is that my town game is strongest when death is assured for some absurd reason. The characters are extremely important to me personally; Plusle and Minun were some of the first pokemon Tammy and I caught when playing Pokémon Go together, and we still stick that pair in gyms whenever we take them over, and the Plusle and Minun Christmas ornaments we have are my favorite.

My request of everyone listening is to lend us their voices and their votes; pay attention to me and hold me close because I will not be available to us for long.

(also please excuse my strange mood, I had a shit day of work and probably drank too much too quickly)
Wow, I have more feelings than at the midcampaign feasting party.

I think this CO Power virtually always belongs to Orange Star. I worry that this post was a mistake, and Black Hole has a CO power meant to be used right when the Helping Hand CO Power is used if its secret is revealed. But the cat is out of the bag.

The Helping Hand CO Power greatly helps Orange Star and anyone who poses the Roleblocker CO Power should know that using it on Imperium is the same as swearing allegiance to Black Hole Army. Any player with the Watcher CO Power should use it on Imperium directly, not relying on Helping Hand CO Power to guide it, to catch anyone who might do so.
In post 684, Imperium wrote:
In post 680, Latias and Latios wrote:@Nacho either siblings or a couple? Leaning couple just because if so then that means you may have ended up getting together after meeting on MS which adds to the list of those people (which I believe just has cabd and penguin_alien for ones I actually know about), plus the "meeting your spouse on MS" thing is kinda a meme between me, my sister, and my mom because of when I tried to tell them that MS wasn't some shady website and was actually quite wholesome, I referred to that.
you're correct! we're a mafiascum couple.
I didn't know this, but it's rad.
In post 691, Imperium wrote:I agree and also very very very very very very very heavily doubt that Prism has a post restriction
He shouldn't need one to stop being LAME!
In post 692, Despair Night wrote:
In post 380, Cappy wrote:
In post 378, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:@Silver Bullet do you also scumread insomnia or is that just Hectic?

Or more generally speaking can you tell me how do you individually feel about insomnia?

-Farkran
I think scum!insomnia tries to use his ability to make good in real time interactions in order to get townreads. I don't feel like he's doing that right now!

- Silver Bullet
yeah i didn't like this post.

~som
Do you think it's too smart for someone who hasn't peeked at some Black Hole dossiers? If you are, I'm buying what you're selling, at Kanbei's prices.
In post 697, Latias and Latios wrote:
In post 691, Imperium wrote:I agree and also very very very very very very very heavily doubt that Prism has a post restriction
Okay so pops is the one with the funny posting, and it's not a pr, it's roleplaying

-Latios
Wowo, you and Hawke are both gonna call me weird, huh?
But I know not to throw away my guess on that. You've been taking very short turns this game, but I agree with Blake they seem more like quick Sami captures rather than sliding piperunners away from battle.
In post 699, Despair Night wrote:
In post 453, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:
In post 439, Imperium wrote:OH MY GODS I'M AN IDIOT

I've been sitting here wondering why you guys were talking about the restriction as if it were a real thing and been getting frustrate with you all for just accepting that it was a real thing and whether or not he was town due to the pr and was going to tell you all to stop being lazy in the way you were reading him because you should be looking at why he would choose to use the pics and how he's using the pics and such to determine his alignment not mostly that he had it, which I could also have been reading wrong I don't know I'm not totally caught up yet, but it's total my bad and I'm dumb.

I read his PSA in post 207 where he says that he "may" post in pictures this whole day as him saying he was probably going to post in pictures this whole day instead of "may" meaning he is only able to post in pictures this whole day which just yeah I'm an idiot and I guess I can stop deliberating about how they mentioned in Undertale that he was a bit new and timid scum and whether or not that meant that he was purposely trying to use the pictures to avoid having to say things or not.

Unless I was right all along and go me, but I think I'm probably dumb. Okay carry on.
By the way i did not understand what this post means, and i'm not sure what's imperium read on hectic after this explanation.

-Farkran

Also i'm leaving bitmap in control for the US prime timezone, 1.30 am here and i'm sleeping, see ya
I'm not sure it was supposed to represent a town read anyway, but it's townie of you to expect to only see AI content in order to solve. I spite your early questions though so you're probably sitting on null for a day. You fucked with insomnia :shrug:

~som
I do not understand this, but it has a tinkerworthy look to it. Could you explain this again, if no one else asked you to?
In post 711, Imperium wrote:
In post 707, Despair Night wrote:
In post 601, Imperium wrote:Conversation on page five between Despair and Mikoto feels a bit off but I can't quite put my finger on what I don't like about it. Mostly a note for myself to go back later.
Which battle's history did you study? Because in my first battle with Farkran, he s

Probably it was stupid as hell. I was mainly trying to pinpoint how useless it was and Fark latched on the bait. Maybe that's what gave you bad feelings, indeed it wasn't a good faith conversation, but not for scummy reasons, I'm just snarky when certain questions are asked and I'm pushed to answer.

~som
I played with scum fark recently in undertale and he spent pretty much the entire game doing that
when I meta'd him I found that his town game actually looks nothing like that
so I haven't really read the game yet but the "making a lot of nonsensical noise" is a major red flag from him
Hawke and I may not always see eye to eye, but our tag strength is a solid 110% on this CO.
Which battle's history did you study? In his very first game, he purchased anti-air units on a sea map and stored two bombers in a damaged cruiser. I would say it looked like nonsense. What made the difference is how much he would insist his plays are right, and overconfidence the strange moves he saw in response revealed data. The walkie talkie logs for the Battle of Undertale showed a CO Farkran who had mastered many skills but felt as nervous as a black costumed Colin about changing his tactics in a way that wouldn't reveal secrets.
Did you read the walkie talkie logs for the Battle of Undertale? I recommend them. The walkie talkies were devised by a genius.
In post 737, Despair Night wrote:No, I'd take this as a learning experience with Junko because she said she would help me with my scum game. Creating a dichotomy right now between how I'm posting and how she'll be posting because she's good with tone, it would only attract more scum leans on me and we probably get lynched in the end.

Tbf I'm confident if I get pushed by someone I'll cry like a baby and the wagon shifts on to like...gb maybe and then we go into D2 ignoring me and then I attempt to solve being pissed for attracting scum leans.

I was open wolfing, wasn't even trying. I was pushing things to get town read if anything, I remember having like 5 scum leans and posting in my scum PT that they shouldn't listen to me because my scumreads were all likely wrong, which they were.

~som
Yo, if CO JunkoChan's theme song has some Orange Star Chords, why wouldn't we be thinking you're Orange Star too since you're tag COs? Is it that deep down you know that's wrong??
In post 763, Disaster Artists wrote:It'll be a pretty krazy revelation I'm sure
CO John Cena, you talk to me or about me far less when with Black Hole, and once you finally do it sometimes tells me a lot about you. Why don't you sit down in the back of the jeep and tell me what a genius I am?
I've had trouble wanting to hit you up when I was only half sure about your disguise. I'm not one to try a shot and guess whether it will work out or not, I leave that to the robot and the dorky blonde.
In post 804, Blake X Yang wrote:
In post 207, Cappy wrote:Image

I don't think we should blow this CO up day one. COs with weak stats have strong CO Powers, often. We don't know what side it's for, yeah, but CO Powers help more for Orange Star.
What does CO/CO power mean?
It might be easier to list this Battle's Commanding Officers than to explain it to you like I'm Nell or something. We both know I'm all kinds of lazy. Work smarter, not harder!:
COs:Blake x Yang (Alyssa the Lamb and Taly)
Disaster Artists (John Cena and DeathRowKitty)
Egospray (bugspray and GeorgeBailey)
Black Hole Defection (popsofctown and Prism)
Imperium (Nachomamma8 and Tammy)
Mikoto and Kuroko (Bitmap and Farkran)
Smol Might (Eragon and Shadowlesscloud)
NL (GuyInFreezer and MariaR)
Equitable Androids (Gobbledygook and Titus)
The Searchers (SirCakez and Ircher)
Flavortown (Dr Easy Bake and Flavor Leaf)
Spiffybringer (Spiffeh and Firebringer)
Despair Night (JunkoChan and insomnia)
Feminist Blocc (Datisi and Ausuka)
Latias and Latios (Chemist1422 and Gamma Emerald)
Unapologetically Foxy (Pine and xofelf)
Cappy (Hectic and Pink Ball)
A CO Power is a special effect you can use to damage your enemies, or protect your friends, or learn something new. Usually you're not going to be able to charge one up before the first nightfall, and usually you have to pick a CO to BLAST with it.
It's nearly certain every CO in this battle has a CO Power, but that's not always true in other battles, like in Battle of White Flag.
In post 653, Black Hole Defection wrote:
In post 247, Latias and Latios wrote:
In post 246, Smol Might wrote:
In post 98, Latias and Latios wrote:Why aren’t there 10 pages of spam already /s

-Latios

Because I just woke up

-J
Oh good you remembered this game existed

-Latias
Lazy shade.
I'm not quite following my head's townread on
Latios/Latias
just yet, why should I, or why not?
I think you should listen. I can understand some COs getting there more slowly, because neither CO is using more complex strategies Orange Star COs often must use to get S-Ranks. But to be nasty - they never do, and I have not found their simple moves very helpful, but they have always been towards the fight. CO John Cena has managed to make as many moves, draw less attacks, yet hide his units underwater every other move, and still we do not buy cruisers. That is more concerning than how simple Latias's helicopters are, there at least small tanks in play that make them on-topic.

In post 275, Smol Might wrote:
In post 271, The Searchers wrote:The PR (real or not) doesn't make Cappy town

SC
Well yes but it s fun enough to let them live a bit longer honestly
You're not being a straight shooter. Why did you switch stories? None of the Fog of War on Cappy had moved, you only learned The Searchers don't like your take.
Ooh, I want this answered.
Thank you for your help, I am having to view so many previous moves this game I need the help.
In post 282, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:
In post 274, Smol Might wrote:Farkran wolf for mindmelding on Cappy

/s

hi farkran we aren't magical girls this time but we can be masons for real this time if you want :3

-E
I hope we do, i still feel bad about the last normal. I don't scumread you as of now so it's all good

Why the latibros scum? I think they are ok, not engaged much but no sign of scumminess yet?

-Farkran
This makes me think, no matter Farkran's army, his matching analysis style is going to be the thing that keeps me from getting BORED! Lots of people just flatly stating "this post is Black Hole". That's no fun! I hope we can tag, but even a thrilling enemy is something to look forwards to, Sonja knows that.
In post 367, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:TOWN
Latias and Latios (Chemist1422 and Gamma Emerald)

Cappy (Hectic and Pink Ball)
How do you feel so certain about Cappy?
In post 372, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:
In post 368, The Searchers wrote:
Reads as of .
(From rereading the thread.)
Confirmed Town
(From my perspective) (98%-100% Confidence)
The Searchers (100%): Role PM

Likely Town
(85%-97% Confidence)

Leaning Town
(60%-84% Confidence)
Mikoto and Kuroko: is a decent entrance, but it does give off the newer player vibe. (A bit too cordial, etc.) has the same vibe as the entrance post. is a good vote. is a bit of a copout though.

Neutral Town
(31%-59% Confidence; Mixed Read or Diffident Read)
Cappy (+50%): The posting restriction is definitely +town equity. I doubt it's faked even if it is Hectic we're talking about.

Latias and Latios (+40%): A little bit of gut with a hint of meta sprinkled in.

Spiffybringer (+34%): Fire is just being fire. Good vibes overall from their slot.

Null
(0%-30% Confidence; No/Very Weak Read)
Feminist Blocc (+3%): Feels townish, though Disaster Artists' lightheartedness around this slot is worrying.

Equitable Androids (+2%): I like the vote in .

Blake X Yang (+1%): is a good point, but it's negated by the fact they didn't do anything to redirect the conversation. Their reads worry me though as they are basically the opposite of mine.

egospray (-8%): First several posts are doing pretty much nothing.

Imperium (-9%): Not fond of entrance posts like .

Neutral Scum
(31%-59% Confidence; Mixed Read or Diffident Read)
Dispair Night (-40%): is a poor first impression. is obnoxious, and it is something I can see scum doing.

Disaster Artists (-47%): is something scum would say. strikes me poorly as well. Too buddy-buddy for my tastes. Despite what they say, *is* overly pedantic.

Leaning Scum
(60%-75% Confidence)
​​
Likely Scum
(76%-100% Confidence)

Players are placed in different sections based on my confidence in the read expressed as a percentage. A positive percentage indicates that I leans towards town on a player whereas a negative percentage indicates I lean towards scum on a player. Please note that the Null section contains both townreads and scumreads, and you must look a the sign of the percentage in parenthesis to determine which way I lean.

Confidence ratings are rough estimates (and somewhat arbitrary) and are relative to one another. In addition, they tend to be scored on a quadratic scale versus a linear scale; in other words, the difference between 0% and 30% tends to be less than the difference between 30% and 60%.

Disclaimer: These reads reflect my reads and not those of my hydra partner.

~Ircher
Well no shit that's a nice readlist. And aside from the good formatting i see that we agree on the relevant stuff.
No way. It should be black.
In post 373, Cappy wrote:I'm townreading Mikoto & Kuroko and Blake and can't remember Taly's name

- Silver Bullet
In post 375, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:Also sorry i thought i had enabled signature on this account but apparently i didn't so forgive me for this test post where i fix the issue

-Farkran
The post I mentioned earlier is not as whack as a Bitmap post, since he fought in a similar way alongside Orange Star in the Battle of Magical Girls.
I've mostly not read the opening dossier about how each CO has disguised themselves. It's more fun to make some mistakes, even if it causes a death or two. Teehee.
In post 406, The Searchers wrote:Both Spiffeh and Fire are playing to their metas
Not town or scum, just their usual

SC
Yo, 34% is a big number. You don't have to be a genius like me to realize that's not "usual". Responding to a request for your blueprints by saying you didn't build it anyway is what my Black Hole lieutenants did when they were missing deadlines, because they don't know how to build anyway.
Vote: Searcher
Unbolded, I am not caught up yet and will not catch up before I need to go to bed, so Hawke can continue to move the chesspieces, for now. But if you want a genius's take, this says most about uniform color of anything I've read so far.
Why are you interested in this specific read of
Ircher
and not the other reads that have higher confidence or even less specific reasoning?
You're definitely not picking up what I'm putting down. CO Ircher did not abandon any of his other plans, just that one, and that was the only one or one of few he was asked about. When he was asked about it, he cancelled the project, and tried to pretend he didn't feel that strongly about doing it anyway. If he was Orange Star, even if being asked made him realize his blueprints weren't as good as he remembered, he would not abandon a plan with a strength of 34%. He would not care about embarassment and looking like a bad CO, as Black Hole worries about that more.
Neither a plan of 34% or 0% on CO Spiffybringer is bad on its own. Switching back and forth for which one you think pleases people is jank!

In post 408, Blake X Yang wrote:I will get to you
Searcher/Farkran
, about to head into another online lecture.

-yang
Looking cute won't win you combat Nell.
Blake is the easier opponent for me, I think I mentioned that after the Battle of Purgatory, so I'm looking forward to seeing her on the battefield here and not just in your HQ. Your moves have been a blur to me thus far. Are you an Eagle?
im a toucan bby

But yeah, my moves are blurry to me even, tbh. If you mean
"opponent"
in a flavor context, as in ease of reading and not combating, then I'm inclined to see your genuineness.

Though, you're not accomplishing much by keeping me in stated mystery.
I found it harder to determine whether you were loyal to Black Hole in the Battle of Purgatory, but it seemed clear to me that Blake was on their payroll.

Ok first of all, key to reading pops' posts:

pops vocabularyOrange Star = Town
Black Hole = Scum
Black Hole General = highest scumread
CO = Player
CO power = Ability
Walkie Talkie logs = the pages of a game
Battle History = a game

I think she might have a posting restriction about a sci-fi war theme, or at least she is forbidden to say any game-related word and has chosen a theme she likes to flavor about. This looks like a lot of effort to be done on purpose, so i tend to believe it's true - which also reinforces my belief in Hectic's sincerity about his own post restriction, unless the two slots are connected somehow. Pops would produce content as both alignments so this is less AI than Hectic, but read accuracy is more of a perk of town!pops since she isn't a busser by choice. Blake and pops are most certainly never SvS and i think pops is town.

That doesn't necessarily imply that Blake is scum, but her ISO and push is still not satisfying to me. I'm not particularly convinced that she's scum after reconsidering though, she might very well be wrong about her approach to read me. Post is a clear misrepresentation of my meta, which makes me think she didn't check my other games and just formed expectations about how i would play based on the TM large and the anarchist game - this is a towny process to scumread someone, yet i would have hoped blake was more accurate. I don't know how much of yang's influence is deviating my knowledge of blake, but she definitely isn't producing good reads in this game - not that all of them are inherently wrong ( has a set of townreads that i think is correct, but they were also consensus-level at the time), just that there's considerably less than average effort in producing them; she seems to be tolerating too many nullreads and has the strongest determination to push wrong scumreads rather than exploring other possibilities and reassess - instead, she dismisses the game (, ). This looks more of an alyssa trait than blake (she changes personalities with different accounts) and might be related to foul irl mood/other issues rather than being scum though. That said, this slot is still on the nullscum side to me and i wouldn't be against lynching them today if there is interest.

-Farkran
Look at the account pops is using though. It's based on the Advance Wars game series. And the terminology pops uses in consistent. Now tell me this: if pops were to have this post restriction, why does it not apply to Prism? I see no reason to apply it to only Lash (what pops Flavor would be) and not Hawke (Prism's proposed flavor). It's just roleplay.

-Latios
Despair Night
Despair Night
Goon
Despair Night
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:41 am

Post by Despair Night »

In post 1187, The Searchers wrote:Your comment on post 460 is over the top. I know Firebringer goes for a trolly playstyle, and while I acknowledge that I haven't really played with Spiffeh before, I imagine their playstyle is similar. I also wouldn't call that "demanding" a town read so much as "suggesting" one. Anyway, it looks like a joke post; it sounds like a joke post; so it must be a joke post.

Joking in 833 by itself is also not really alignment indicative either.
All of these points in a vacuum might be exaggerated and maybe not scum-indicative, my point was to emphasize the fact that Spiffy has no fruitful interaction with Imperium that would resort to him having any reason to town read / scum read them. Mainly, the lack of solving, or rather, he doesn't discern their alignment.

If you don't have a read of your own and are still denying town reads on a certain slot, that's questionable. It looks like he is trying to look good to Imperium slot while trying his best to nullify their credit for whatever reason. If he's town and knows Imperium is a strong town, he'd try to work with them / discern their alignment BEFORE turning them down.

See the problem? He doesn't analyse their alignment and instead spends his time denying any and all town reads on Imperium. He doesn't even read people based on their Imperium read. His sole purpose is to sow doubt with regards to their alignment. You don't do that as town when you have no read on a player. You do that as scum that already knows Imperium is town, so you just decide to block town reads on them.

If he was so concerned with Imperium being widely town read, he would've made a case on him, otherwise what's the gripe? Like, if you don't scum read someone, why are you actively denying town reads on that slot???

~som
Despair Night
Despair Night
Goon
Despair Night
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:43 am

Post by Despair Night »

In post 1192, Latias and Latios wrote:
In post 1172, Despair Night wrote:Point out what I’ve been deliberately ignoring and go further into the nuance of their interactions please.

~som
You seem like you're portraying Spiffeh's interactions with them as discrediting, while there has been genuine sorting and reasoning with Imperium by Spiffeh.

-Latios
Ok, pull up the quotes from Spiffeh that you think have shown solving the Imperium slot, please.

~som
Latias and Latios
Latias and Latios
Goon
Latias and Latios
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:47 am

In post 1186, Cappy wrote:
In post 950, egospray wrote:
In post 946, Disaster Artists wrote:GB how should I feel about the fact that you have only made one meme image this game so far?

-JC
All of them are in my PT with Hectic

-gb

I know what the source of this textbox is and I approve greatly. I need to finish that game but quarantine is messing with that because I've been playing on a friend's 3DS.

-Latios

Also noting Spiffeh's thoughts on DN, they could just be wrong town but I also think the RQS was out-of-place in a scummy way
Like sommy can
say
it means nothing but it could totally be fishing for how to interact with and around other players.
Latias and Latios
Latias and Latios
Goon
Latias and Latios
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:48 am

In post 1187, The Searchers wrote:How is answering an RQS so late in the game "good posting"?
Answering the RQS was not the "goodposting", the thoughts on how it was ineffective RQS was.

-Latios
Latias and Latios
Latias and Latios
Goon
Latias and Latios
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:51 am

In post 1195, Despair Night wrote:
In post 1192, Latias and Latios wrote:

~som

-Latios
Ok, pull up the quotes from Spiffeh that you think have shown solving the Imperium slot, please.

~som
Maybe engage with Spiffeh on that front? Or do you wish to admit you're sorting him in bad faith and have no intention of working with him?

-Latios

Also for some reason I have been talking about things being in bad faith a lot recently. I was wondering how my play could have changed under the surface through having been offsite for a few months and I think I finally found out.
Mikoto and Kuroko
Mikoto and Kuroko
Goon
Mikoto and Kuroko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:52 am

Post by Mikoto and Kuroko »

In post 1193, Latias and Latios wrote: Look at the account pops is using though. It's based on the Advance Wars game series. And the terminology pops uses in consistent. Now tell me this: if pops were to have this post restriction, why does it not apply to Prism? I see no reason to apply it to only Lash (what pops Flavor would be) and not Hawke (Prism's proposed flavor). It's just roleplay.

-Latios
Oh, this would make a lot of sense. I didn't know the source of the terminology, i just noticed that there is consistency in the words of interest he's using, so i identified that orange star is town and black hole is scum, etc. If this is not a post restriction, pops has a nice amount of time to waste, but actually i can see pops doing just that to spice up the game flavorwise.

By the way, hydra heads receive separate role pms with very different perks and abilities, so there would be no issues in Prism and Silver Bullet talking normally when their partners don't. I don't think the restriction or lackthereof is AI at all, if anything it's very slightly townish because of the effort put into it and the will to draw attention.

-Farkran
Bitmap (Mikoto) & Farkran (Kuroko)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”