Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 1299, Latias and Latios wrote:Prism was in Regfan's "It's An Owner's Market" along with me

And I don't see any way to properly apply marketplace logic.

-Latios
I wish Magua was still around cuz his marketplace games that Regfan modified were so much fun. (Not that Regfan's game wasn't fun too, he ran it on another website I played in, but Magua's games were the first game whose mechanic I understood and could strategize about, so I have pleasant thoughts.)

But yeah, I keep coming up with nothing. I thought I was onto something with the money being announced, but the lack of proof of anything else, makes it near impossible to come up with a plan to help us I think.
A hydra of Nacho and Tammy!
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:52 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 452, Equitable Androids wrote:In my skim, Imperium and NAI keeps coming up. I should sort them first when I get time.

~Titus aka BB8
I hope that we are able to interact and sort each other as well as we did in Team Mafia. :)
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 477, Imperium wrote:
In post 460, Spiffybringer wrote:Hi Tammy!

Do you have any reads other than Ircher atm? May I recommend a town read on my slot?

~Spiffy
Not really, I'm still in a I haven't read much beyond bits here and there after page 4 kinda way. I hope I can still read you.
And that nacho doesn't tunnel on you
if you're town again. I think that happened last time?
I realize a vote doesn't mean tunneling but it's like I have espn or something.
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:19 am

Post by Imperium »

Spoiler: ???
In post 567, Black Hole Defection wrote:
In post 61, Spiffybringer wrote:
In post 46, Feminist Blocc wrote:i was town before the game even started

-D
This isn't town.
If you know something the rest of us don't know, why don't you share with the class?
I share my inventions with my allies for free to make sure we win.
Except when I'm planning on betraying them soon, which is why as of this post I'm liking Datisi better than you.
In post 72, Spiffybringer wrote:
In post 70, Disaster Artists wrote:Man this game is gonna be spicy when scum starts posting
HEADQUARTERS! YES! THE BEST TYPE OF TILE!

In post 75, Despair Night wrote:First person to type their hydra heads in their location or somewhere I can read it gets a town lean.

@ me when you do it.

~som
I like this tactic and am willing to copy it. Don't confuse imitation for flattery, though, Shuichi.

In post 91, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:Hello!

I just noticed how much of an explosive playerlist we have here. Like, all of the players from my lovely dreams and worst nightmares are here! I mean it in a positive sense though (looking at nacho and prism :shifty:)

So, people who have already played with me, please let me know if you are town as soon as possible so that we can start a healthy and productive relationship. I'll read what you have written early and ask you questions.

Also nice to meet you to all the other people. Don't worry, i'll be bothering you soon enough.

-Farkran
I don't dig this intro. Lots of the other COs know how to tell a good lie, so you should be encouraging everyone to equip +2 vision instead.
I think it's good not to let Black Hole know what you're looking for, in general.
This post isn't dumb-as-Flak to the point it must be Black Hole, but it's a comment I wanted to make.
In post 97, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:Uhm i haven't found any question to ask my old friends yet, although i do want to hear from eragon and pops at least.
In post 85, egospray wrote:Can't believe this "-D" wants us gone already

-gb
This post i didn't particularly like. People who played with me know how much i hate RVS, but in my experience and seeing the other posts from egospray i would expect a omgus vote as a reaction to feminist bloc in this stage.

VOTE: egospray

Let's start here.

pedit #94: yeah, precisely what i mean

-Farkran
This is the first post that seems enough like Orange Star that I don't want to test the Black Cannon on it. A mismatch between someone's attack and dialogue box often shows they're Black Hole. Often enough for this early in the campaign for sure.
My intel on George makes me feel it's not as big an issue for George. But I don't expect Farkran has that intel, it looks like he's searching.
In post 124, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:Eh, i mean, if you aren't shooting in your scumreads, it's not how a vig shoot should be used, so... pretty much i was asking who would you use your shot on, not why you would want the shot itself. Now that we are on the same page about the meaning of that question, do you have any reads, or did you just claim you wanted the shot because you're confident you will be having good reads soon?

-Farkran
More of the same feeling, based on intel. Farkran plays Black Hole much more like Flak than Kindle, slam and fight. None of the retreating when the time is right.

I understand NOTHING. What is black hole referring to? Orange star? Black Cannon?
Latias and Latios
Latias and Latios
Goon
Latias and Latios
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:21 am

Post by Latias and Latios »

Advance Wars video game series

-Latios
Hydra of Chemist1422 and Gamma Emerald
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Imperium »

that was a little hyperbolic. I had a glass of wine because quarantine and day drinking are the new normal for me*. I got a gist of what you meant, I think, but I don't quite get it.

*I don't drink every day please don't call AA on me.
Equitable Androids
Equitable Androids
Goon
Equitable Androids
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Equitable Androids »

In post 1301, Imperium wrote:
In post 452, Equitable Androids wrote:In my skim, Imperium and NAI keeps coming up. I should sort them first when I get time.

~Titus aka BB8
I hope that we are able to interact and sort each other as well as we did in Team Mafia. :)
I've got you as pretty solid town.

That leaves me conflicted on TS though because I scumread Ircher and TR SC.

~Titus
Gobbledygook and Titus
Equitable Androids
Equitable Androids
Goon
Equitable Androids
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:44 am

Post by Equitable Androids »

In post 1305, Imperium wrote:that was a little hyperbolic. I had a glass of wine because quarantine and day drinking are the new normal for me*. I got a gist of what you meant, I think, but I don't quite get it.

*I don't drink every day please don't call AA on me.
Don't worry. AA is closed but for online.

~Titus
Gobbledygook and Titus
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:52 am

Post by Imperium »

In post 607, Equitable Androids wrote:Regardless, I want to put Hectic as town for now. That's regardless of if his PR is real or fake. I pulled that stunt twice with no mod requirement. There's a difference to it as alignments go imo.

Blake X Yang, How are you distinguishing content versus volume? My theory on Ircher is partially he's putting out words that say nothing.

~Titus
So for the hectic thing. When I watched Undertale, people talked about his meta a lot. Like a lot a lot, and one thing I remember was him being newbie or timid as scum. Now I've been trying to consider what this means for this posting in pictures. Like, does the newbie/timid as scum mean that he's unlikely to post in pictures because then he'd feel too weird about getting attention for it OR does he do it in part because he is known for gimmicks and then by posting in pictures it gives him an out and covers up his weaknesses as scum OR am I overthinking it and being dumb?
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 627, The Searchers wrote:
In post 454, Imperium wrote:
In post 444, The Searchers wrote: not really AI from Imperium
If this is Ircher, I'm raising a big huge eyebrow in your direction.
DW it was SirCakez
I know Imperium all too well...
Can you expand on this because it still doesn't make sense to me.
Black Hole Defection
Black Hole Defection
Goon
Black Hole Defection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by Black Hole Defection »

I'm looking forward to being back on the battlefront, because I think I don't have to use quote technology as much when part of the current flow of the battle. Some people force themselves to the battlefront for that reason, but I really really hate missing out on anything! I'm not used to not being on the battlefront. Hawke messaged me that battlefront is a little quieter today, that will help.

Spoiler: Blake
In post 1157, Blake X Yang wrote:I've made the conscious decision not to even bother with events after hearing what the first one was.

Only you are to blame for your own actions in taking part within them.

-Blake
I take it you read logs a second time, but not all of them. How do you choose which ones to reread?
Do you read logs from COs who the intel shows should be very easy to understand?
I generally read everything, or don't read any. I wonder if I could learn from your methods, in this battle and future ones too. I dig anything that's a good way to be lazy. Work harder not smarter!

Spoiler: Latios
In post 1169, Latias and Latios wrote:
In post 1105, Black Hole Defection wrote:Huh? I don't remember posting about the Dual Strike War. But you'd be right that talking about that war specifically is the only time Nell's gonna let you call Orange Star "Allied Nations", or talk very much about how Blue Moon and Yellow Comet used to be a thing. She probably would have had a harder time selling the rebrand if Jake and Rachel hadn't stolen so much thunder in the final battle.
Now THIS is some hot freaking lore. I'm reading into this that Blue Moon and Yellow Comet got absorbed into Orange Star? What happened to Green Earth?

Also the rest of the wall is good but I've already given pops the stamp of approval, however I did manage to engage with Prism some in the event and we jammed out a bit, so I have 0 problems calling this hydra town

FLUFF JUSTIFIED

-Latios

Yeah, like you may have guessed, Nell also prefers you pronounce "Green" in a way that makes it rhyme with "Orange" than finish up with "Star". Tell Drake he's the one I forgot to mention. Teehee.

Spoiler: Spiffeh
In post 1183, Spiffybringer wrote:
In post 1120, Despair Night wrote:Again with the same question I asked last night and you ignored it. Who called Imperium town?
Despair Night
Blake X Yang
Latias/Latios
Disaster Artists
The Searchers

Since making that initial post:
egospray
Feminist Bloc

This is just CTRL-Fing 'Imperium' in each ISO, I didn't even try 'Nacho' or 'Tammy'.

I feel the number of players town reading Imperium with confidence is disproportionate to their content so far which is pretty null so far imo. Can you explain why you're town reading them?

I see your long post about me, I'll respond to it when I can get away from work for a longer period of time.

~Spiffy

CO Nachomamma has revealed a CO Power that is almost always associated with Orange Star. When there there's a lot of COs, it'll work like Andy's Hyper Upgrade and increase defense so high that no units toasted. If COs in the battle have CO Powers like Sonja's Enhanced Vision, it won't stop them, but they do only get to see CO Nachomamma.
When I read more from him with that in my mind, it felt easy to view every tactic from him that can be used by both Black Hole and Orange Star as Orange Star.
If other brains are half has beautiful as mine, they are probably singing the same song. It's really not worth staring at, tomorrow CO Nachomamma will have recon reports published on him, unless he's deader than Von Bolt.

Spoiler: Hectic

Calculations for CO Hectic have been slow for me. In the Battle of Fusion, he didn't get gungho and certain about his own plans and I although I didn't attack him, he didn't get me by his side. I hope any plans he gets pumped about don't stay in his walkie talkie.

Spoiler: Ircher
In post 1187, The Searchers wrote:
Equitable Androids in post 1088 wrote:This is the second time you've used gut as explanation for your reads... I feel like I don't remember you being this reliant on gut in past games we have played together, Ircher.
You are correct that I try to focus more on content than gut, but for some players that can be difficult.
Black Hole Detection in post 1105 wrote: Neither a plan of 34% or 0% on CO Spiffybringer is bad on its own. Switching back and forth for which one you think pleases people is jank!
Are you reading our posts. Quote evidence of this please and thank you.
Despair Night in post 1119 wrote: Please enlighten me, what's so clear about this progression?
(This was about our Spiffybringer read.) I'll point out that most of the posts without signatures are SirCakez. How many times must we explain we had conflicting views on the slot?

Spoiler:
In post 404, Black Hole Defection wrote:For Searchers:
In post 368, The Searchers wrote:Spiffybringer (+34%): Fire is just being fire. Good vibes overall from their slot.
I disagree with a lot of your readswall but I understand a lot of it is an exercise in getting you to think, make choices, and flesh your own thoughts out.

This one I don't really get. I haven't played with Fire but I see nothing in Fire's posts to arrive to the same conclusion, unless his meta is to just not joke/post at all as scum. You don't mention Spiffeh. To me his part has been outright lackluster in that he's throwing out one reaction test after another instead of actually engaging with people beyond #184. This is plausibly how he operates, but it's also incredibly easy to fake as scum and a great way to serve as an assertive presence.

For Farkran: I'm not seeing eye to eye with you on the Cappy read. Can you elaborate?

At some point pops will give me reads to work with and bounce off of too, that'll be neat.

-Prism
In post 406, The Searchers wrote:Both Spiffeh and Fire are playing to their metas
Not town or scum, just their usual

SC

Wow it looks you said 34%, and SirCakez said 0%, I got punk'd! I don't dig putting the blame on me for assuming that when CO Hawke asked
you
a question and CO
SirCakez
answered it, knowing you don't agree, not taking the chance to say why you're wrong, and then drops his shortened callsign. That's also as close as it gets to speaking for you.
That's annoying and infuriating, but not the retreat I thought it was, so it has a different meaning for your allegiance.
"We've drained so much of the planet's energy that
it's turning into a wasteland. What's the point?
Is this prize worth dying for? Is this a noble end?"
"What's the big deal? We can always just fix it later. Right?"
Latias and Latios
Latias and Latios
Goon
Latias and Latios
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Latias and Latios »

I totally thought Green Earth would be your thing for 3rd parties (despite none being in this game)

-Latios
Hydra of Chemist1422 and Gamma Emerald
Imperium
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Imperium
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Imperium »

In post 630, Blake X Yang wrote: Want to still 1v1? ;P DO you have any takes/reads?
Ya basic!

Is that good for a 1v1?

Working on my takes/reads though!

Think disaster is probably town but I think everyone and their grandmother thinks that so that's not hot or spicy.

But can you expand upon your searchers read a little bit more for me?
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Superb Subtlety »

8mins before the event!
Alisae and jjh927 do the hydra thing!
Black Hole Defection
Black Hole Defection
Goon
Black Hole Defection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by Black Hole Defection »

In post 1223, Pine wrote:@Yang - Fuck if I know, though Town doesn't usually ask shit like that. I don't really do D1, so I've been letting Xofelf handle our shit. This morning she sent me a DM saying "for the love of god if you're only going to do one thing this dayphase, get your sexy tree ass into some events". Paraphrasing.
The great strategists from earlier in my career believed in using rockets on COs who will not move their units into battle day 1. The tactic has fallen out of favor, but the Battle of Team Mafia White Flag demonstrates that it is still a powerful tactic. The Battle of Skyrim Mod supports this too.
If you are with me CO Pine, please don't play this move. I know you do this even as Orange Star, and I hope it is truly because you do not see anything at all during day 1, like an APC unit. The less that'ss true, the more it's a betrayal from our one army.
But consider that there are those of us who can me move cleverly day 1 when we see no movement, but brilliantly day 1 when we see movement. Even if you can't see, provide us movement, at least read a fraction of the logs, and recite a taunt line or query a CO.
I am very frustrated with the way you've fought across several battles, and it is tempting to mention it next battle when there is always a "next battle". But I want you to change it for all of Macro Land's sake not mine.

It's too heartbreaking seeing xofelf pleading for you to assume your own command. Even if you are straggling Yellow Comet survivor with no other ally, please show respect by being here.
"We've drained so much of the planet's energy that
it's turning into a wasteland. What's the point?
Is this prize worth dying for? Is this a noble end?"
"What's the big deal? We can always just fix it later. Right?"
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:00 pm

Hi hello we're doin an event now
This one should last under an hour
please /in on your main account and remember all event related rules
Last edited by Superb Subtlety on Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Cena
John Cena
Townie
John Cena
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by John Cena »

/in
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:00 pm

Post by Prism »

/in
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

/in
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:01 pm

This event will have 6 players btw
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by Hectic »

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by popsofctown »

/in
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

/in
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm a lucky bastard
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Superb Subtlety
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Superb Subtlety
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:03 pm

John Cena
Prism
DeathRowKitty
Hectic