springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by springlullaby »

In post 171, Hectic wrote:"starting anything" referred to not wanting to attack your character.

Could you point me towards my "attempted buddying"?

P.S: I love the mask
rofl
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 174, Hectic wrote:Only if you share it with me, Pink Ball. We should ration leadership out.
That's a given
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 173, springlullaby wrote:^Have you PM'd your quest participation.
No
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by springlullaby »

In post 177, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 173, springlullaby wrote:^Have you PM'd your quest participation.
No

Will you participate in the quest, Y/N. Why?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Yes because sounds fun!!
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

I'm not very good at mechanics but recently I've trying to get better and this seems to be a mechanic-heavy game so it will be a learning experience and I want to have the full experience
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Also you wouldn't believe it but my role suits me VERY well
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Like, I played Gloomhaven with some friends for a while (one of them went to study abroad so we left it on standby) and I picked the same role I got in here so I'm excited
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by springlullaby »

In post 179, Pink Ball wrote:Yes because sounds fun!!
Cool!
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

You guys think the item we get depends on who the leader is?? Like, role related?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by springlullaby »

QUEST PLEDGE LIST DAY 1

Confirmed:

springlullaby
Pink Ball
Hectic

Waiting (lame or scum):

mastina
Raya36
Pine
Ginngie
Lady Chloe
momo
Flight of the Conchords
Not Known 15
Farkset
Ame

Leader:
springlullaby
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by Hectic »

I don't think it is, as far as I can tell from the rules.

I've always wanted to try Gloomhaven! Being top of boardgamegeek means something surely. Is it like the RP part of D&D without the combat?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by Hectic »

HURT: Flight of the Conchords
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by Raya36 »

Sorry in advance for my mess of thoughts about the mechanics. My opinions were changing as I read people's ideas and I was typing as I went.

I would honestly consider anyone pushing for neighborizer to be scummy. It gains almost no useful and dependable information for town to use and also is a great way for scum to pocket and gain town trust.

Training Cop offers a lot of information when claims come into play and makes it nearly impossible for scum to lie without taking a huge risk. I like Hectic's ideas around this. Farkran does have a good point about false innos though. I think choosing this will prove most useful in the future while the disable strongman could be immediate. That said I could definitely be convinced to go for disable strongman. The Training Cop strategies would only work with full participation and still have flaws.
(Reading through I have been convinced to switch to disable strongman. Training Cop just has too many flaws in strategy to be useful in my opinion. Especially in comparison to disable strongman. I also somehow overlooked that it was for the whole game)
VOTE: Disable Strongman

I think the general consensus is that Quests are more of a bad idea than good (but fun) which I agree with. The only benefit for town is the gift which may even end up going to scum, and on top of that a townie is drained and roleblocked. I think the disadvantages outweigh the benefits by a lot. I would be ok testing it out early game though because maybe the gift is worth it. But later on, especially if we lose quite a bit of town it's just not worth the risk of giving scum advantages. I do agree that quest members should be voted for here.
Since it seems the quest is happening and I'm ok with that:

confirming I sent my PM to enter the quest

In post 57, Farkset wrote:
In post 10, Pine wrote:VOTE: Disable Strongman

I hate strongman.

I’m going to try my best to stay current in this game, but my best isn’t great. Please consider this a request, a plea, that you limit your posting to important, game-related topics. You can shitpost elsewhere. When a game produces more than a dozen pages in a day, it gets really daunting, and those of us who have real lives and responsibilities have difficulty keeping up.

Please. For the love of god. I’m excited for this game - don’t make me dread it.
Getting back to non-setup discussion, this looks like a town post as well.

-Farkran

pedit: i'm in favor of trying out the d1 quest, although this will mess with the Train Cop strategy if we decide to go with it
What makes you think this is a town post?
In post 101, Ame wrote:Thinking about it more, I actually like the idea of scum having strongman. Yeah, neighborizor is the way to go I think. I still prefer train cop the least / think it is net negative.
This is almost too scummy to be scum
In post 187, Hectic wrote:HURT: Flight of the Conchords
Why?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 82, Flight of the Conchords wrote:VOTE: Disable Strongman
Other votes look like a waste.

- Bret
In post 86, Flight of the Conchords wrote:Actually, Ame, on further thought I agree with you. Disabling powers isn't fun for the game. And, philosophically, I believe Mafia should be allowed to remove players who are so problematic if they want to spend the XP on a strongman.
VOTE: Neighborizer

- Bret
For this turn around. I know I did the same thing from Train Cop to Neighbouriser, but Bret's first post didn't give me the impression that he cared so much for fun.

Also, the philosophically believing mafia should have a strongman available is really strange. It's part of the game and will be balanced, why feel bad for scum not being able to strongman kill? An explanation from Bret himself would be great.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 188, Raya36 wrote:I would honestly consider anyone pushing for neighborizer to be scummy. It gains almost no useful and dependable information for town to use and also is a great way for scum to pocket and gain town trust.
Who do you think of the current people voting neighbouriser are scummy for it?
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by momo »

HURT: Springlullaby
Scummiest attempt to get townread I have seen in a while. I shouldn’t need to explain this vote and won’t because I’m about to sleep, but I’ll write up my thoughts tmmrw after I meta dive spring.

Should be noted that Hectic is taking a very distinct approach to this game...playing in a highly questioning manner. Haven’t played with him before, but I think his slot will prove to be readable by comparing the questioning tone with his recent games.
Transcend
- But reading momo I feel like he is the that player that if he got pressured as town, he would be like fuck and yall and move on with whatever else he was doing
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
- As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by Hectic »

I completely agree with you, momo. I looked through her last mafia game (in which she was scum in), and she played a lot more timidly and less opinionated in this manner. However, that was 2 years ago so basically means very little.

I'm restraining myself from voting her until more people weigh in because I know my scumread of her is biased right now lul
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Pine »

Cool, disable Stronkman is viable again.

VOTE: Disable Strongman
HURT: springlullaby

Agree with momo. I'm on the quest, but will not be voting SL leader.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 189, Hectic wrote:
In post 82, Flight of the Conchords wrote:VOTE: Disable Strongman
Other votes look like a waste.

- Bret
In post 86, Flight of the Conchords wrote:Actually, Ame, on further thought I agree with you. Disabling powers isn't fun for the game. And, philosophically, I believe Mafia should be allowed to remove players who are so problematic if they want to spend the XP on a strongman.
VOTE: Neighborizer

- Bret
For this turn around. I know I did the same thing from Train Cop to Neighbouriser, but Bret's first post didn't give me the impression that he cared so much for fun.

Also, the philosophically believing mafia should have a strongman available is really strange. It's part of the game and will be balanced, why feel bad for scum not being able to strongman kill? An explanation from Bret himself would be great.
That's an interesting connection. Although I'm not sure if 6 words is enough to judge that they aren't interested in fun. It definitely is a huge change in opinion without much of a natural change for sure though.

I'd like an explanation about the strongman thing too. I'll join you here actually

HURT: Flight of the Conchords
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 190, Hectic wrote:
In post 188, Raya36 wrote:I would honestly consider anyone pushing for neighborizer to be scummy. It gains almost no useful and dependable information for town to use and also is a great way for scum to pocket and gain town trust.
Who do you think of the current people voting neighbouriser are scummy for it?
Momo isn't that bad because he made his case for why he believes neighborhoods are a good idea. I don't agree though.
I find Ame choosing neighborizer to be scummy because he even says that Strongman is the best choice but he's choosing neighborhoods because that's more fun.
Flight of the Conchords is definitely scummy for choosing neighborhoods especially since their reasoning was it's fun and they support the mafia strongman ability.
I don't understand why you're voting neighborizer when I believe you've said strongman is better and neighborizer is a bad idea.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 146, momo wrote:On the disable strongman? Why would you choose this. For scum, to make a strongman kill would be a complete waste of an XP point. N1, there is a 1/12 chance that our doctor correctly protects the night kill. If scum wants to waste their XP on that 1 in 12 chance, let's leave them the rope to hang themselves with. I understand that for some reason, people strong support this option and that my dismissal of the strongman ability might be unpopular, but think it through. Using strongman is strategically incorrect for scum. We shouldn't take away the option, especially when there are two more beneficial alternatives.
Yea this is what I was getting at. Strongman is expending XP for a low payout, so I think it's worth the exchange of reducing the utility of any potential protectives.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by Raya36 »

But as someone (I forget who) pointed out you're not considering the situation where town with an important role claims and it's more than worth it for scum to pay the extra XP to guarantee the kill
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:01 pm

Post by springlullaby »

@mod:
can we self vote as leader on quest?
Professor Moriarty
Professor Moriarty
Goon
Professor Moriarty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by Professor Moriarty »

In post 198, springlullaby wrote:
@mod:
can we self vote as leader on quest?
Yes.
Modding hydra of Something_Smart and the worst.
"because you're the worst... and you're smart." -Haschel Cedricson

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”