GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:21 am

Post by GeorgeBailey »

In post 817, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:flavortown here a lot less engaged than scum!FL, i think that's slightly town AI for him
@Mikoto what makes Flavortown a Townread now? I know you said before that their previous posts were slightly town, but why are they unlynchable now?
In post 367, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:Flavortown (Dr Easy Bake and Flavor Leaf)
Egospray (bugspray and GeorgeBailey)
SCUM
to:

In post 1955, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:NEVER LYNCHABLE
Black Hole Defection (popsofctown and Prism)
Cappy (Hectic and Pink Ball)
Latias and Latios (Chemist1422 and Gamma Emerald)

NOT TODAY
Equitable Androids (Gobbledygook and Titus)
Despair Night (JunkoChan and insomnia)
Flavortown (Dr Easy Bake and Flavor Leaf)
Imperium (Nachomamma8 and Tammy)
Feminist Blocc (Datisi and Ausuka)
Smol Might (Eragon and Shadowlesscloud)
Unapologetically Foxy (Pine and xofelf)
Spiffybringer (Spiffeh and Firebringer)

LYNCHABLE TODAY
Egospray (bugspray and GeorgeBailey)
The Searchers (SirCakez and Ircher)
Blake x Yang (Alyssa the Lamb and Taly)
NL (GuyInFreezer and MariaR)
Disaster Artists (John Cena and DeathRowKitty)

-gb
GeorgeBailey
Disaster Artists
Disaster Artists
Goon
Disaster Artists
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:21 am

Post by Disaster Artists »

In post 1997, Equitable Androids wrote:Tammy are you allowed to talk about the penalty?
No
we're hot and we do what we want

hydra of john cena and not john cena
Disaster Artists
Disaster Artists
Goon
Disaster Artists
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:24 am

In post 1997, Equitable Androids wrote:Oh cluck does this mean FL is town?
I mean, no, because a) Boon should no that "literally doing nothing" isn't how I view pops' scum meta

Also b) I had commented on pops literally right before that so him sitting on the accusation without retracting was scummy lol

-JC

Mikoto and Kuroko
Mikoto and Kuroko
Goon
Mikoto and Kuroko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:24 am

Post by Mikoto and Kuroko »

Yeah, been talking to my other head in discord DMs.

I think I'm okay with DA or egospray as the lynches for today.

-Mikoto
Bitmap (Mikoto) & Farkran (Kuroko)
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:24 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

Can somebody collate a list of people currently, as in openly saying as such,
scumreading Disaster Artists for me please?

-Blake
Hydra of Blake Belladonna and Yang Xiao Long
Blake X Yang
Blake X Yang
Goon
Blake X Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:25 am

Post by Blake X Yang »

That line break is unintentional.

Now that I'm thinking about it, what exactly do you mean when you say you wish i always played like this, John Cena?

-Blake
Hydra of Blake Belladonna and Yang Xiao Long
Disaster Artists
Disaster Artists
Goon
Disaster Artists
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:27 am

In post 2005, Blake X Yang wrote:Now that I'm thinking about it, what exactly do you mean when you say you wish i always played like this, John Cena?
I certainly prefer this to random.org reads lists :P

-JC

The Searchers
The Searchers
Goon
The Searchers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:27 am

Post by The Searchers »

Blake x Yang in [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11728710#p11728710]post 1930[/url] wrote:Yeah, I get that this isn't 100% your reads, but since it isn't, why don't you argue for why a specific lynch is poor - especially if you named yourself into a pool?
I think I covered this in the bottom of my post:
The Searchers wrote:There are a few other slots I'd be willing to lynch but that don't provide a good return in terms of info; thus, they should not be focused upon.
But to expand upon this a bit more: suppose we lynched a slot like NL or Flavortown right now? What does that net us in the end? They have scum equity because they are lurking this game, but is that chance particularly high? Not really. And frankly, if we did do such a lynch, we'd be stuck in a similar position as we are today. Other slots like Imperium and Black Hole Detection are out of the lynchpool because they are almost certainly town.
Blake x Yang wrote:It's also easy for you to list the other 5 names because they've accrued the most attention vote and push-wise, except for maybe Spiffy the main push from Despair and this hydra who has had plenty of adverse interaction with Farkran.

So what's your read on the above two, that you didn't list?
Well that's true an extent. I wouldn't call Mikoto and Kuroko to be an easy name to list. I think Blake is the only slot that really has a significant issue with Mikoto. I do think they feel a little off and kinda bamboozled me at the beginning of the game, and I also think they would provide good info in a lynch. That's why I included them. Smol Might is honestly lynchbait, but they're one of the more active lurkers, and his alignment helps us sort the people they've interacted with, which is a nontrivial amount. SirCakez will disagree with me, but I'm still of the opinion Spiffybringer is town, and it's not a lynch I am at all interested in for day 1. That's why they aren't for instance included in this list. (Before someone gets the wrong idea, I'm not super super confident they're town, just confident enough that I'm willing to give them a pass for the rest of Day 1.) They would probably be a decent info lynch, but in this case, my read on them excludes them from the pool. Your slot I am pretty confident is town, and thus, it is excluded.
Blake x Yang wrote:When I skim your ISO, I've seen a bit of interaction with the Latios hydra, what's your take there, as well?
Uh... I think SirCakez would be better suited to answering that question. It's another one of those cases where they were town enough for me at the start, and so I've turned kind of a blind eye towards them since. (Like, I'm still reading and evaluating their posts, but unless I see something really bad, I'm not very willing to lynch there.)
Blake x Yang wrote:I want a smaller lynchpool soon.
That's not happening at the current time.
Disaster Artists in [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11728877#p11728877]post 1949[/url] wrote:This is just a really bad post
First off including himself is dumb
Second of all not including several very problematic slots just because they're not posting is extremely poor strategy
Third if you can't find two town in this list you're gonna have a hard time this game
Now wait just a moment.

First all, the way I see it, including yourself is like including yourself in reads list. We're obviously not a popular slot, and again, it's not just about my reads but what benefits town the most.

Second of all, I fundamentally disagree with your second point. The only problematic slots that didn't get included are the ones that are being 100% lurksacks at this point in the game. Maybe they have some legitimate reason for lurking/not actively playing, but there is zero point to lynch them at this point in the game. That's the kind of lynch scum goes through. How is it a bad strategy to encourage people NOT to lynch the low-hanging fruit?

Third of all, there's 17 hydrae in this game. It's likely at least 3, probably 4 of the hydrae in this game are scum. A lynchpool of six people (okay from our perspective, it's 5 technically--that's beside the point) is not at all unreasonable in a game this size. And quite frankly, this lynchpool says very little about who I'm townreading. Why is it problematic if I can't find two town in this list? And how does that relate to us being scum?
Disaster Artists wrote:
Flavortown wrote:Tammy is the only older player that I’m like “Damn, that Tam gonna catch me like Wham!!”

~Ferrari
I still have not heard an explanation of why this isn't just a straight up scum slip?
I still have not heard an explanation of why this is a straight up scum slip.
Equitable Androids Mega Wall on the Appreciation Page wrote:Why is 129 a bit of a copout?
It's a copout because Mikoto and Kuroko is making this push on Despair Night, but just suddenly drops it like a hot rock. Like I can understand them eventually reevaluating, but that was a bit too sudden.
Equitable Androids wrote:Do you normally have similar reads to Taly and Alyssa?
I haven't played with them much. It doesn't really matter though; having different reads is a bit of a trigger warning of something isn't right.
Equitable Androids wrote:So how does that give you good vibes overall for the slot? If it is NAI, and you know it is NAI, how can you feel good about it?
That's SirCakez speaking whereas I made the reads list (by myself). That being said, I don't think it's 100% NAI (unlike SirCakez).

~Ircher
Hydra of SirCakez and Ircher.
Disaster Artists
Disaster Artists
Goon
Disaster Artists
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:29 am

In post 1769, Superb Subtlety wrote:Disaster Artists ------ 3 ( Flavortown, Black Hole Defection, Mikoto and Kuroko ) L- 6
since then we've had +searchers

I don't actually know what somni is saying about me at this point and Pink Ball argued about whether so many things are jokes that I'm not sure what he's actually saying either

-JC

Equitable Androids
Equitable Androids
Goon
Equitable Androids
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:30 am

Post by Equitable Androids »

In post 2002, Disaster Artists wrote:
In post 1997, Equitable Androids wrote:Oh cluck does this mean FL is town?
I mean, no, because a) Boon should no that "literally doing nothing" isn't how I view pops' scum meta

Also b) I had commented on pops literally right before that so him sitting on the accusation without retracting was scummy lol

-JC
Do you view Boon's scum play as literally doing nothing?

- Hoop
Gobbledygook and Titus
Disaster Artists
Disaster Artists
Goon
Disaster Artists
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:30 am

In post 2007, The Searchers wrote:Black Hole Detection are out of the lynchpool because they are almost certainly town.
Why is Black Hole in your view almost certainly town?

-JC

Disaster Artists
Disaster Artists
Goon
Disaster Artists
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:31 am

In post 2009, Equitable Androids wrote:Do you view Boon's scum play as literally doing nothing?

- Hoop
I mean you were in TvA so you should know the answer is yes if you remember day 1

That was a major point of discussion lol

-JC

Feminist Blocc
Feminist Blocc
Goon
Feminist Blocc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:32 am

Post by Feminist Blocc »

ok i'm late but who cares

I wanted to write mine about Pine cos he's been a friend for like.. years now, I think? he's funny, really enjoyable to talk to, and just a great person in general. also, a few years ago when I had, like, no idea how to play scum at all and kept losing marathons he gave me some advice on how to play scum and even though I'm still really bad at it I
have
won a scum game since then and he helped me improve!

also now that the event is done, like, is it even possible to give each other money?? i was confused about that and looked for a bit and I didn't see anything. maybe I'm just stupid but :lol:
Ausuka & Datisi hydra!
Disaster Artists
Disaster Artists
Goon
Disaster Artists
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:33 am

Ircher, could you summarize who I scumread right now?

-JC

Disaster Artists
Disaster Artists
Goon
Disaster Artists
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:34 am

In post 2012, Feminist Blocc wrote:ok i'm late but who cares

I wanted to write mine about Pine cos he's been a friend for like.. years now, I think? he's funny, really enjoyable to talk to, and just a great person in general. also, a few years ago when I had, like, no idea how to play scum at all and kept losing marathons he gave me some advice on how to play scum and even though I'm still really bad at it I
have
won a scum game since then and he helped me improve!

also now that the event is done, like, is it even possible to give each other money?? i was confused about that and looked for a bit and I didn't see anything. maybe I'm just stupid but :lol:
it doesn't matter if pink ball can actually give the money out lol

Black Hole Defection
Black Hole Defection
Goon
Black Hole Defection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:34 am

Post by Black Hole Defection »

I missed it. But I like the concept of the drill and will share what I had ready anyway.

It meant a lot to me that CO Ausuka stepped into replace CO Mathdino's role overseeing the Battle of Monty Hall Mafia. The COs were all owed a rousing battle and it does not seem she craved a promotion to the position but she did an excellent job. I don't know if I ever properly thanked her. This battle when she has increased the number of units she needs to command due to Datisi relinquishing some of his command it seemed like de ja vu from a CO that is just characteristically thoughtful. I look forward to battling her.
"We've drained so much of the planet's energy that
it's turning into a wasteland. What's the point?
Is this prize worth dying for? Is this a noble end?"
"What's the big deal? We can always just fix it later. Right?"
Disaster Artists
Disaster Artists
Goon
Disaster Artists
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:35 am

In post 2007, The Searchers wrote:The only problematic slots that didn't get included are the ones that are being 100% lurksacks at this point in the game.
And you think getting wagon logic on lurker slots is not useful for the game?

-JC

Equitable Androids
Equitable Androids
Goon
Equitable Androids
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:35 am

Post by Equitable Androids »

In post 2011, Disaster Artists wrote:
In post 2009, Equitable Androids wrote:Do you view Boon's scum play as literally doing nothing?

- Hoop
I mean you were in TvA so you should know the answer is yes if you remember day 1

That was a major point of discussion lol

-JC
Who are you?
I also mostly do not agree with the assessment that Boon does nothing as scum. I feel like he's manic as scum and does a lot of crazy stuff to obfuscate people's reads one another. Can he at times be lurky? Yes, but so can everyone

- Meep
Gobbledygook and Titus
The Searchers
The Searchers
Goon
The Searchers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:36 am

Post by The Searchers »

In post 2013, Disaster Artists wrote:Ircher, could you summarize who I scumread right now?

-JC
No not really. I'm not paying your slot a lot of attention right now. Our scumread on you is more SirCakez's read; I'm just not at all opposed to it.

I probably should be paying more attention to your slot, but I haven't had the motivation to really look over your posts from the Despair et al interactions.
~Ircher
Despair Night
Despair Night
Goon
Despair Night
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:37 am

Post by Despair Night »

In post 2015, Black Hole Defection wrote:
I missed it. But I like the concept of the drill and will share what I had ready anyway.

It meant a lot to me that CO Ausuka stepped into replace CO Mathdino's role overseeing the Battle of Monty Hall Mafia. The COs were all owed a rousing battle and it does not seem she craved a promotion to the position but she did an excellent job. I don't know if I ever properly thanked her. This battle when she has increased the number of units she needs to command due to Datisi relinquishing some of his command it seemed like de ja vu from a CO that is just characteristically thoughtful. I look forward to battling her.
This is the post that clears me

Why are you saying you have to battle Ausuka? Are you different alignments?

Ba dum tssss

I’m skating on this til Day 3 if someone shoots me by then you are yucky

~som
The Searchers
The Searchers
Goon
The Searchers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:39 am

Post by The Searchers »

In post 2016, Disaster Artists wrote:
In post 2007, The Searchers wrote:The only problematic slots that didn't get included are the ones that are being 100% lurksacks at this point in the game.
And you think getting wagon logic on lurker slots is not useful for the game?

-JC
Yeah wagon dynamics aren't useful there. Most townies are willing to compromise on a lurker slot if they lack a preferred lynch. Scum are A-OK with lynching lurkers (that aren't them) but will exercise some caution so as not to appear top interested in the lynch. You certainly don't get more wagon info from lynching a lurking slot versus lynching an active slot.
~Ircher
Mikoto and Kuroko
Mikoto and Kuroko
Goon
Mikoto and Kuroko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:40 am

Post by Mikoto and Kuroko »

@Beep & Boop #1997

I feel bad for your wall now lol, my readlist has been updated in , but it still holds mostly true to the one you quoted. My highest townread is probably Black Hole now, but Cappy and Latys are still high there, mostly because of Hectic and Gamma, whom i think i can read with reasonable accuracy. Egospray was down there because of his lackluster ISO and is still probably a good lynch for today, but i disliked how the wagon formed around ~1726 so i'd rather to Disaster Artists now.

@egospray 2000
They are not unlynchable, they are in the not today list. I have recently played with FL, his scum meta has been consistent in both his scumgames and it's the farthest possible from this game - i'd say i consider him a lurker here along the lines of NL and smol might, but while on NL i have no meta experience and therefore i will likely be unable to sort the slot anytime soon, with the others i think i can work on later days.

-Farkran
Bitmap (Mikoto) & Farkran (Kuroko)
egospray
egospray
Goon
egospray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:42 am

Post by egospray »

In post 2021, Mikoto and Kuroko wrote:- i'd say i consider him a lurker here along the lines of NL
I don't think the two are comparable. NL has almost nothing to go off of.

-gb
Secret Hydra of GeorgeBailey and Bugspray
egospray
egospray
Goon
egospray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:44 am

Post by egospray »

And I think Pinkball scammed us into pocketing each other.

-gb
Secret Hydra of GeorgeBailey and Bugspray
Despair Night
Despair Night
Goon
Despair Night
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:45 am

Post by Despair Night »

Krazy me not pushing for your lynch right now kind of town spews me buddy

I’d most certainly push you right here, thunderdome. I’d make this my playground.

I have an audience to appeal to.

~som

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”