RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:04 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I think I have 1 scum in both games btw
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:05 am

Post by We are not helping »

fb said my reads were bad so im going to cry in a corner and let FB post more

-bitmap
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:06 am

hi rc

ur cute.

~fire
jjh927
jjh927
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
jjh927
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:06 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 1574, gobbledygook wrote:JJh, why was my question about why should we townread you a “strange” question?
Because you were asking it in response to me saying that NSG should probably scumread me harder than she currently is
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:08 am

In post 1459, BBmolla wrote:heading to bed but this doesn't look like scum NSG imo
it could definitely be.

how r u molla?

~fire
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 1553, Trojan Horses wrote:Hmm Gobbles you are town right
Even I found it an empty ass question, hence this post^
He just said he was vaguely playing to scum meta and expects to be scumread, Gobbles... :P
Infectious stealth hydra

Wild, wild horses couldn’t drag us away.
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 1569, Shuichi Saihara wrote:Why aren't you guys in here entertaining me anymore?
You miss me Sushi? I'm back now <3 <3

Did WANH's activity get a sudden spurt after RC's spicy take on them?

WANH, what's your read on NSG? Some detail would be helpful.
Infectious stealth hydra

We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:11 am

In post 1428, northsidegal wrote:there have been times when i have found myself in this position and i think the best solution is to just start freewriting, so that's what i'm going to do. the last time i remember doing so was in 8-ball (when i found myself in a situation much like the one i find myself in now), and i remember it working then.

this game is astoundingly unreadable. i find that true for both the literary sense and the mafia sense – i both find my eyes glazing over scrolling through some posts and i find myself reading them and not really coming away with anything. this is a pretty unfortunate situation both for me and for the game: i don't really have much to
say
, and that's pretty bad when i haven't really said anything at all the entire game (i would be scumreading me – it's really not an unreasonable conclusion). it's not really a solution to just not say anything for reasons that i'm certain go without saying, but also forcing myself to say something also isn't much of a solution (that's why i'm doing this, actually – feels like the best of a bad situation). it's bad for the game because it feels like we're just spinning our wheels and not really going anywhere—no rise and fall of wagons, no push and push back, almost just conversation. i've certainly contributed to that problem but i'm not really blaming anyone in the first place – the only interesting reads i've even been able to make so far have been alt hunting. (by the way lie ren – it wasn't
super
obvious you were gamma, it was a combination of some ellibereth-esque word searches and being a fan of RWBY that narrowed it down to a few people, and your seeming familiarity with mastina eliminated all non-you candidates. your posting times between accounts confirmed it)

i am remiss to continue talking about myself and about how unreadable the game is and thus perhaps contribute to the problem, so maybe i'll just freewrite about some reads. i don't think i've said it yet but i'd like to compliment shuichi for his lovely play so far. when he first posted i thought to myself that i was quite glad that someone was responding to a lot of nonsense that had gone on very reasonably. actually, though that i was glad that i had messaged jingle when he prodded those two empty slots that shuichi is a ceph alt and that if he hadn't messaged him on his main that maybe he should do that, but that's not really game-relevant. probably i am pretty cognitively biased to townread people whom i see as responding to stuff i disagree with reasonably so i'm not sure how relaible my townread is on him, but acknowledging that bias doesn't really take away from my read that much, personally.

turkey has basically just instantly become a global townread – i think i'm fine with that. he seems pretty at-ease which contrasts with what i know of his personality as scum, so it makes sense. i think that bitmap's thought process early in the game with regards to what he was saying about paragons and such was pretty consistent with stuff he said in our team discord during team mafia, so that's why i was townreading that slot initially (i think i may have already brought this read up), although a weird read later on jjh made me pause.

that skygazer/nancy drew/krazy/whoever else is in there hydra is a little weird to read. i'm pretty sure RC already scumreads them so i might be primed to scumread them, now that i think about it. that being said, i say that it's weird because individually i would almost certainly be scumreading the contributions from {skygazer, nancy drew}, but the fact that they're in a multi-person hydra changes things. there's a sort of diffusion of responsibility and posting such that tells might not apply the same way. all that being said, i probably would've left them at null before i knew that nancy drew was there (although the conversation i'm reading between them and shuichi does them no favors, now that i think about it—i might've scumread them anyways), but knowing that nancy drew is there i might say that they're more likely to be scum. i say that because i think that factors that might influence some people to post differently while in a hydra probably don't apply (or apply less) to nancy drew – that is, i would expect her to post the same as always. of course, i could be wrong in the first place about ND being in that hydra, but i don't think that i am.

this is probably my least readable post on mafiascum ever.

bbmolla i'm gut townreading? probably already talked about this but maybe not, this is pretty much entirely like a tonal/personality meta thing. that is, i think that i might be reading him in almost the exact same way i'm reading gobble – he seems to be less "refined", more casual, and that matches more his towngame as i know it than his scumgame. who else? baezu and sircakez i have basically no read whatsoever on. i can't remember a single one of their posts, which is probably not true for any other player in the game. it'll be interesting to see if that has any correlation with their alignment. i'm trying to do this without looking at the playerlist for reference of who's in the game, mostly just because it seems like a "free writing" thing to do. oh, there's mastina and jjh. i have no comment on mastina, really. jjh i still think probably leans scum (not sure if i mentioned that before). my record on reading jjh is pretty pristine if i might say so myself. not that i'm using that as a way to say that you should sheep me right now – the thought moreso came up as in it's one that i expect i'll have solidified as one or the other given time. (of course, we're already quite a lot of time into the game, but whatever. actually, i had forgotten until reading it just a bit ago that this game doesn't have deadlines, which is pretty nice at least for me and how much time i've had to play.)

honestly, that's probably enough for now. i think i'll finish catching up.
I felt the same way about this post that u felt towards the game.

~fire
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:13 am

In post 1319, RadiantCowbells wrote:i shall teach a class

who wants to sign up
me!

~fire
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:15 am

In post 1447, northsidegal wrote:i see.

i hope i didn't come off as too anti-social "why are you talking to me, what is the relevance of this conversation". just wanted some insight into your mindset.
I find u to be the exact right amount of social.

~fire
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:16 am

In post 1506, RadiantCowbells wrote:I think that either scum or town gets lynched today
that's where ur wrong.

we are lynching survivors today!'

~fire
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:18 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

I want Bitmap's read on NSG specifically.
Infectious stealth hydra

gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:19 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1578, jjh927 wrote:
In post 1574, gobbledygook wrote:JJh, why was my question about why should we townread you a “strange” question?
Because you were asking it in response to me saying that NSG should probably scumread me harder than she currently is
In post 1580, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 1553, Trojan Horses wrote:Hmm Gobbles you are town right
Even I found it an empty ass question, hence this post^
He just said he was vaguely playing to scum meta and expects to be scumread, Gobbles... :P
Erm, not quite.
JJh specifically said that NSG should be scumreading him because his play mirrors here his old scum play. This means in the opposite that if she was familiar with his current scum play she shouldn’t be scumreading him here. This means he thinks he has done things that are not scumread worthy if you know his play (read: he’s done town readable things). Hence why I asked why should we be townreading him since he does think a familiar person shouldn’t be scumreading him
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:19 am

In post 1514, Trojan Horses wrote:
In post 976, Trojan Horses wrote:I would like to see a towncase for BBMolla. That's a slot I've had difficulty sorting in the past.
I told you on Discord, his progression on nsg is super townie.

~Nimda
I have the opposite view. I think bbmolla progression on nsg is like really weak/artificial. I actually kind of wonder how much experience he has with nsg because he seems to imply having a great deal and I think he is overstating it

idk I was thinking earlier that one of bbmolla post about nsg could be distancing between partners but I don't think that's how bbmolla plays. Ive actually been surprised about bbmolla because he usually doesn't take such hard stances so fast in a game? He is more of a slow roller.

~fire
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:19 am

In post 1586, Trojan Horses wrote:I want Bitmap's read on NSG specifically.
no u don't

~fire
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:21 am

In post 1401, Not_Mafia wrote:Your lord and saviour is here
a legend has arrived!
In post 1402, Not_Mafia wrote:Bow before my udders
hey now, ur an allstar
In post 1403, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Radiant Cowbels
the legendary not_mafia always scumreads rc fued has begun! I want popcorn.

~fire
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:22 am

In post 1456, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 1423, BBmolla wrote:Why are people so dead this game what the actual fuck

too many dead people to be fucking scum

THIS IS HOW WE LOSE BROS

CAN WE PLEASE NOT LET THIS GAME DIE
Lol this is the fakest shit of all time, this is prime 2008 era shitty scumplay
not mafia makes a good point.
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:23 am

In post 1190, mastina wrote:
In post 988, SirCakez wrote:btw Wonderwall buddying rc here is obvscum move
I mean, yes, but I wouldn't say it makes RC town here.
ithen that means rc is def town then.
Trojan Horses
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Trojan Horses
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Trojan Horses »

In post 1587, gobbledygook wrote: JJh specifically said that NSG should be scumreading him because his play mirrors here his old scum play. This means in the opposite that if she was familiar with his current scum play she shouldn’t be scumreading him here. This means he thinks he has done things that are not scumread worthy if you know his play (read: he’s done town readable things). Hence why I asked why should we be townreading him since he does think a familiar person shouldn’t be scumreading him
That's very stretched and convoluted lol, but I'll let jjh talk.
We are not helping wrote:
In post 1586, Trojan Horses wrote:I want Bitmap's read on NSG specifically.
no u don't
Yes, I do!
Do it do it do it do it do it do it
Infectious stealth hydra

jjh927
jjh927
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
jjh927
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:23 am

Post by jjh927 »

Ah, gobble, you're making assumptions.

My old scum meta had a huge and obvious dividing line between my town and scum play. The line is less clear now because I can fake enthusiasm for an undetermined length of time. But someone who still sees the clear dividing line as opposed to the more blurred one would scumread me much more confidently here.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
jjh927
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:25 am

Post by jjh927 »

If NSG was more familiar with my recent scumplay I don't think I'd expect any read in particular, really
We are not helping
We are not helping
Goon
We are not helping
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:26 am

we could just lynch mastina.
jjh927
jjh927
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
jjh927
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:30 am

Post by jjh927 »

But like, the ultimate reason to townread me is that I'm town and there's probably evidence of that somewhere in my posts in a way that is outside of my scumrange but I can't point them out because I don't know what they are because otherwise I'd do those things as scum

And that's why it was a weird question
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:55 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

What is love?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:10 am

Post by mastina »

So I'm going to quote this and cut out all of the fluff.
In post 1428, northsidegal wrote:shuichi probably i am pretty cognitively biased to townread people whom i see as responding to stuff i disagree with reasonably so i'm not sure how relaible my townread is on him.

turkey has basically just instantly become a global townread – i think i'm fine with that.

skygazer/nancy drew/krazy/whoever else is in there hydra is a little weird to read. RC already scumreads them so i might be primed to scumread them. i say that it's weird because individually i would almost certainly be scumreading the contributions from {skygazer, nancy drew}, but the fact that they're in a multi-person hydra changes things. i probably would've left them at null before i knew that nancy drew was there (although the conversation i'm reading between them and shuichi does them no favors—i might've scumread them anyways), but knowing that nancy drew is there they're more likely to be scum. i say that because factors that might influence some people to post differently while in a hydra probably don't apply (or apply less) to nancy drew – i would expect her to post the same as always.

bbmolla i'm gut townreading?
baezu and sircakez i have basically no read whatsoever on.
i have no comment on mastina, really.
jjh i still think probably leans scum. my record on reading jjh is pretty pristine if i might say so myself. not that i'm using that as a way to say that you should sheep me right now – the thought moreso came up as in it's one that i expect i'll have solidified as one or the other given time.
(Cut out a ridiculously large number of 'now that I think about it", "I might say", and similar phrases nsg was spamming.) I cut out the reasons for the near-universal townreads, Turkey and Molla, too, to focus more on the rest.

Two of the only townreads here are on universal townreads, Turkey and Molla.
The one and only townread which is contentious is a notably-weaker fencesitty townread on Shuichi who isn't exactly lockscum to the entire playerlist; he's probably got ever so slightly more people townreading him than scumreading him.

When it comes to almost every divisive slot, nsg has no opinions to tip the scales--none on me, SirCakez, Baezu, and more.
She does give scumreads on two contentious slots, jjh and Trojan Horses, but even on those reads, similar to her Shuichi read but different from her townreads on less-contentious slots, she's wishy-washy on them.

To summarize; reads on less than half of the players, most of her townreads don't make waves (she doesn't waver in her Molla/Turkey townreads which I cut out the explanations for but you can confirm this by reading the post yourself), and most of her scumreads are designed to be carefully crafted to give her a convenient out if she so chose to reverse her stance.

That, plus the use of the careful language.

I'm not saying nsg is locktown from this but like.
Townreading this contribution seems awful lazy at best.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”