Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:23 am

Post by Farkset »

In post 722, Flight of the Conchords wrote:
In post 699, Farkset wrote:1) Capturing doesn't force anyone to claim. You are not removed from the game if you don't,
you just lose 1 xp
, up to 2 considering that you cannot train if you wanted to. Spring claimed on her own, and that was a terrible claim both in timing and nature. Voyeur is an uncommon enough role to assume no counterclaim would happen, and a weak enough role to validate surviving n1.
Monovision at it's prime. It assumes the captired player is 100% scum aligned.

-Jemaine
You lose xp as either alignment, lol

-Farkran
Hydra of Farkran and Kerset
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:25 am

Post by Farkset »

Ok listen conchorde

This looks like one of those moments where a 1v1 wouldn't be useful even to me. You're either not reading or putting words in my mouth on purpose and you're littering the thread.

/disengaging, you can have kerset make fun of you if he feels like it

-Farkran
Flight of the Conchords
Flight of the Conchords
Townie
Flight of the Conchords
Townie
Townie

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:30 am

Post by Flight of the Conchords »

Ftr I no longer townread farkset. I had initially thought they were town for the second paragraph of their post because I didn't think scum farkran would admit to doing that as scum. I now think most of his posts and ideas serve to muddy the waters for town more than anything else. Furthermore post really rubbed me the wrong way. I assume it was made to tell kerset what they had assumed to be a good strategy is now assumed to have failed and that assuming the same approach would assumingly blow their cover otherwise assumed to be townread by the majority.

-Assuningly yours, Jemaine
Flight of the Conchords
Flight of the Conchords
Townie
Flight of the Conchords
Townie
Townie

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:41 am

In post 715, Farkset wrote:Lol jemaine, i never once suggested that scum would want to use strongman n1, and your whole post revolves around that, only to to end in an insult to my play? Ok sure

I mean you didn't invent toxicity-based pushes as scum, you know :}

-Farkran
I assumed scum you would neglect most if what I said and try to argue semantics and my assumption was presumably accurate.

I never said that you said scum would want to use strongman n1 but then again the bolded in that post was enough for me to assume you assumed the idea in you little brain. Your justification was literally "The kill part is solved in the captured version, since the captured player cannot strongman" when we are assumingly talking about the d1 capture. If you didn't think they would want to use strongman on n1 then whey did you even bother typing that out?

-Jemaine
Flight of the Conchords
Flight of the Conchords
Townie
Flight of the Conchords
Townie
Townie

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:46 am

In post 726, Farkset wrote:Ok listen conchorde

This looks like one of those moments where a 1v1 wouldn't be useful even to me. You're either not reading or putting words in my mouth on purpose and you're littering the thread.

/disengaging, you can have kerset make fun of you if he feels like it

-Farkran
I'm not reading? :eek:

The fucking rule says
and
if they are aligned with the Mafia
, they will lose 1 XP

Go fix your eyeglasses.

-Jemaine
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Farkset »

Omg i was actually wrong lol

Ok, nvm, have fun

-Farkran
Lady Chloe
Lady Chloe
Goon
Lady Chloe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Lady Chloe »

I will say, before I convene with Pink Ball and Hectic, I want something answered.

Farkset,
In post 681, Farkset wrote:Kerset has no patience and doesn't read discord :evil:

Still interested in chloe's comments

-Farkran
In post 699, Farkset wrote:Well i was going to wait for lady chloe but this is taking a turn for the worse so i feel i need to step in now.
Why can't you handle any input that you don't agree with to exist in the thread?
Lady Chloe
Lady Chloe
Goon
Lady Chloe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Lady Chloe »

I've made plenty of comments about this game but the only time I am worth discussion to you, Farkran, are the points where we don't align together. Or, I am a question mark based on how you read -other- slots, but not my own content by itself.

I have a strong distaste for how you approach me.
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Farkset »

Jemaine, what are your actual intentions? I might sometimes overlook detail but i am trying my best to exchange my views with others to figure out the best action by working with them. Is this your help? Here you pull old farkran post to prove your point that he is unskilled...
You expect everyone to sheep you in Neighborizering and No capturing but you disappear instead of debating it. It is obvious that we don't follow you, when you never speak about perks of your plan. Do you hope that discrediting every other idea will make us pick yours out of elimination?
~Kerset
Lady Chloe
Lady Chloe
Goon
Lady Chloe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Lady Chloe »

I townread Ame for her desire to have other slots give valued input before preemptive judgment is brought on them, and I find the opposite behavior with your slot.

What I wonder is, if this is playstyle, AI, or if I am misreading your intentions here.

Please correct me if I am misled.
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:14 am

Post by Farkset »

In post 731, Lady Chloe wrote: Why can't you handle any input that you don't agree with to exist in the thread?
idk, because we don't have telepathy? like when i post, i don't even get warning about new posts being made, if he is looking here at the same time as me.
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:14 am

Post by Farkset »

In post 735, Farkset wrote:
In post 731, Lady Chloe wrote: Why can't you handle any input that you don't agree with to exist in the thread?
idk, because we don't have telepathy? like when i post, i don't even get warning about new posts being made, if he is looking here at the same time as me.
~kerset
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:15 am

Post by Farkset »

Chloe, i scumlean you - i have no issues with you as a person. I feel the need to correct wrong opinions and providing my own, but i don't want you to stop talking.

As you can see, i'm not immune to mistakes though.

-Farkran
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:36 am

Post by springlullaby »

@Foc, Chloe, you guys tolerate way too much bullshit.

> Farkran is not a newbie at all. He is also an adult in his thirties (I went to check because I was baffled).
The "errors" they made doesn't originate from town mistakes. They arise from scum mistakes aka bullshit and scumslip.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:14 am

Post by Hectic »

HURT: springlullaby

Come on, why aren't more people voting this? Ame, Pink Ball, Raya... etc get on here please.

I'd have expected springlullaby if actually a town voyeur to have brought it up more often, and argued the fact she shouldn't be captured because her actions can be verified. She hasn't mentioned her role once since claiming it.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:27 am

Post by springlullaby »

^Lol, link me to one game where someone who has claimed "bring it up often" after their claim.
Flight of the Conchords
Flight of the Conchords
Townie
Flight of the Conchords
Townie
Townie

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:34 am

In post 733, Farkset wrote:Jemaine, what are your actual intentions? I might sometimes overlook detail but i am trying my best to exchange my views with others to figure out the best action by working with them. Is this your help? Here you pull old farkran post to prove your point that he is unskilled...
You expect everyone to sheep you in Neighborizering and No capturing but you disappear instead of debating it. It is obvious that we don't follow you, when you never speak about perks of your plan. Do you hope that discrediting every other idea will make us pick yours out of elimination?
~Kerset
I actually don't expect or even want people to sheep is on neighborizer. What I said is I understand why bret would switch to that. Now ask yourself what the scum motive would be to picking that and why so blatantly? And if it was scum motivated why haven't the rest of the team tried to support it at any point?

We have started the game with 1 xp ourselves and it takes 4 xp for us to upgrade. We have no special abilities at the start so we are effectively vanilla until n5 if we rely on training alone. However we do have an alternative way of gaining 1 xp and neighborizer would have triggered it thus effectively making us able to upgrade one day/night earlier. Now since we viewed strongman as a way to drain scum xp as explained before and multiple players had pointed out the flaws in several proposed strategies concerning the train cop bret thought we could gain something from neighborizer ourselves. It is also as good an investigation as the train cop is because he realized town are more likely to initiate neighbors which I think someone else mentioned later on. Now if scum wanted to use that to their advantage and start neighbors to be town rad for it then they also spend xp on it. So scum spend xp on neighbors and they spend xp on strongman is an extreme case but is net profit for the town. To save up on their xp they would need to either not start neighbors and look suspicious for it or not use the strongman and risk their kill being blocked.

Now why would I/we have needed to explain all this from the start? that brings me to the first paragraph of this post as well as the whole subject of why do people not try to find the various possible motives for someone to say/do something and evaluate based on that rather than equating doing something they wouldn't to being scum? I will ask again now.. what exactly was the scum motive behind bret voting for neighborizer even if you ignore my explanation entirely, and why have scum not pushed harder for that if they thought it benefits them more?

-Jemaine
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Pine »

I'm here just...kind of having a depressive episode today. Give me some slack and I'll be here.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Ame »

In post 742, Pine wrote:I'm here just...kind of having a depressive episode today. Give me some slack and I'll be here.
I feel you Pine. Do what's best for you.

springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:48 am

Post by springlullaby »

In post 741, Flight of the Conchords wrote:
In post 733, Farkset wrote:Jemaine, what are your actual intentions? I might sometimes overlook detail but i am trying my best to exchange my views with others to figure out the best action by working with them. Is this your help? Here you pull old farkran post to prove your point that he is unskilled...
~Kerset
I actually don't expect or even want people to sheep is on neighborizer. What I said is I understand why bret would switch to that. Now ask yourself what the scum motive would be to picking that and why so blatantly? And if it was scum motivated why haven't the rest of the team tried to support it at any point?

We have started the game with 1 xp ourselves and it takes 4 xp for us to upgrade. We have no special abilities at the start so we are effectively vanilla until n5 if we rely on training alone. However we do have an alternative way of gaining 1 xp and neighborizer would have triggered it thus effectively making us able to upgrade one day/night earlier. Now since we viewed strongman as a way to drain scum xp as explained before and multiple players had pointed out the flaws in several proposed strategies concerning the train cop bret thought we could gain something from neighborizer ourselves. It is also as good an investigation as the train cop is because he realized town are more likely to initiate neighbors which I think someone else mentioned later on. Now if scum wanted to use that to their advantage and start neighbors to be town rad for it then they also spend xp on it. So scum spend xp on neighbors and they spend xp on strongman is an extreme case but is net profit for the town. To save up on their xp they would need to either not start neighbors and look suspicious for it or not use the strongman and risk their kill being blocked.

Now why would I/we have needed to explain all this from the start? that brings me to the first paragraph of this post as well as the whole subject of why do people not try to find the various possible motives for someone to say/do something and evaluate based on that rather than equating doing something they wouldn't to being scum? I will ask again now.. what exactly was the scum motive behind bret voting for neighborizer even if you ignore my explanation entirely, and why have scum not pushed harder for that if they thought it benefits them more?

-Jemaine
Goddamn FOC, don't engage when the other party is fishing.
Why did you do that?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:50 am

Post by springlullaby »

MORATORIUM ON ALL CLAIM AND ROLE TALK

SCUM DO NOT NEED TO KNOW MORE

DO NOT ENGAGE WHEN PEOPLE ARE FISHING
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:21 am

Post by Farkset »

In post 741, Flight of the Conchords wrote:Now why would I/we have needed to explain all this from the start? that brings me to the first paragraph of this post as well as the whole subject of why do people not try to find the various possible motives for someone to say/do something and evaluate based on that rather than equating doing something they wouldn't to being scum? I will ask again now.. what exactly was the scum motive behind bret voting for neighborizer even if you ignore my explanation entirely, and why have scum not pushed harder for that if they thought it benefits them more?

-Jemaine
As you see in votecount most of people don't think the same way as you do. If you think that your choice is the best for town then you should try to convince them. You don't give people any chance to trust you, if you keep all your thoughts to yourself. There is no way to townread you, if all your posts are discredits and you never show solvy state of mind or give reads about people. And by show i think about revealing it, not presenting the result of mysterious machine.
The thing is that scum might hide both behind mechanically correct and incorrect schemes. I don't really scumread people for being on no capture side and i totally believe that scum might agree on correct mechanic for towncred. The key is looking at their deeper agenda.
~Kerset
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:22 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 693, Farkset wrote:You forgot about xp drain. When scum gets captured they lose all xp and they can't gain this on n1. On n2 they need to train, so it disables their killing abilities them up to n3.
It's main advantage is that it narrows down people capable of nighkilling.
~Kerset
oh shit thats cool.
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Farkset »

but ech claiming wasn't really necessary :/
~ker
springlullaby