Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 651, Flight of the Conchords wrote:So, you pushed someone to L-1 and they claimed a power role to avoid being captured.
She claimed at L-2 unprovoked. Additionally, this is no different than if we had been lynching.
In post 727, Flight of the Conchords wrote:I now think most of his posts and ideas serve to muddy the waters for town more than anything else.
Now you're scum reading based on disagreement in strategy? Do you not see the validity in our point of view?
In post 729, Flight of the Conchords wrote:The fucking rule says and if they are aligned with the Mafia, they will lose 1 XP.
Oh wow I didn't realize this. This is even more reason to capture.
In post 741, Flight of the Conchords wrote:Now ask yourself what the scum motive would be to picking that and why so blatantly? And if it was scum motivated why haven't the rest of the team tried to support it at any point?
If this is the case, why was I on your scum team at one point?
In post 741, Flight of the Conchords wrote:We have started the game with 1 xp ourselves and it takes 4 xp for us to upgrade. We have no special abilities at the start so we are effectively vanilla until n5 if we rely on training alone. However we do have an alternative way of gaining 1 xp and neighborizer would have triggered it thus effectively making us able to upgrade one day/night earlier.
Why did you claim all this? This is strange coming from someone who prefers to keep information concealed from scum. Did you feel that threatened by Farkset that you felt you needed to claim?
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 656, Farkset wrote:Now though - as i said, the main point that i want to make on springlullaby is that the town (as in all the playerlist) is completely divided around her. There are people whiteknighting him for very little reason and people who instead sheep the attackers. Depending on her flip i think we can identify if she was being TMIed town or chainsaw defended as scum.
This is a false dichotomy though that doesn't leave room for town motivation in either case. Which slots would you scum read if she flipped town and which slots would you scum read if she flipped scum? Also, why did you ask me about the RPG thing?
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 607, Lady Chloe wrote:Ame is a darling.
Your pocket is comfy, I think I'll stay.
In post 661, Lady Chloe wrote:Is it crude to suggest that I am tempted to not quest simply because Ame is not?
It is not. Don't leave me alone out here in the wild :c

What do you think about deciding the leader toDay so that town influence is at its peak? I see no reason why it needs to be decided during the quest.
In post 662, Lady Chloe wrote:What do you two mean by refrigerator?
Dying of hunger.
There's only one salvation.
Refrigerator.
In post 672, Lady Chloe wrote:Hectic,

Vote to end the day. Capturing yields more detriment to town than benefit, specifically the first dayphase.

There is less clear benefit since there are a total of 6 candidates of capture, currently. Town numerically consists of half.

I find that this is a gamestate that benefits mafia.
If we can pinpoint a good candidate, I think it's more beneficial the first day because it sets mafia back two days. Mafia are the only confirmed players that require XP to use their ability (looking at the previous game, there was only one town role that required XP to use their ability). Unless otherwise stated, we each start out with 1 XP. The mafia kill is 1 XP. Capturing prevents a mafia member from performing the kill for two nights as they lose an XP and are prevented from gaining an XP N1. This forces one of the two other members to expend XP to do the kill. This increases our odds of blocking or tracking the kill because blocker/tracker knows that they don't need to be on the captured player. Furthermore, if mafia all start out with 1 XP (which I don't think is a poor assumption) and they are unable to gain XP by some other means N1, TWO mafia members will be unable to kill N2 because they will both need to train. Furthermore, say we lynch scum tomorrow and it was the player that did the kill. That also leaves only one scum able to perform the kill the following Night, which is even more to our advantage. Capturing town is not a big deal in my opinion because they can still use their ability the following Night, unlike scum. Limiting an opponents options, cornering them, and forcing them to have to play in a certain way is always my preferred strategy.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by Hectic »

Who are your Leader/Capture proposals today, Ame?
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by Ginngie »

btw can someone answer this for me

Is capture able to be hammered

is that like a thing we can do
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Hectic »

Yes! Vote for springlullaby.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Ginngie »

sorry that's not how I play.

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Ginngie »

the wagon is 5 dont lie to me plz

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by Hectic »

Oh, I thought you meant hammered rather than plurality at deadline (like the ability vote).
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Ginngie, you're still voting me FYI.
If you want to leave it at that it's cool.
Farkset
Farkset
Goon
Farkset
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Farkset »

In post 751, Ame wrote:
In post 656, Farkset wrote:Now though - as i said, the main point that i want to make on springlullaby is that the town (as in all the playerlist) is completely divided around her. There are people whiteknighting him for very little reason and people who instead sheep the attackers. Depending on her flip i think we can identify if she was being TMIed town or chainsaw defended as scum.
This is a false dichotomy though that doesn't leave room for town motivation in either case. Which slots would you scum read if she flipped town and which slots would you scum read if she flipped scum? Also, why did you ask me about the RPG thing?
The dichotomy isn't described by that last sentence - i mean, those would be the scummy people who interacted poorly around spring. The true dichotomy is wk vs attack, and those can be sorted by spring flip.

As for the rpg, i want to see what hectic ends up concluding. And it's a fun read.

Lastly, post 750-752 is how i would express myself if i was good at communicating.

Sleeptime, good night everyone

-Farkran
Hydra of Farkran and Kerset
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Ame »

Hectic, I'm not sure yet for capture. For leader, I would like Spring.

I thought I dismantled all your reasons for scumSpring?

Your new avatar is
fire
btw.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 760, Farkset wrote:The dichotomy isn't described by that last sentence - i mean, those would be the scummy people who interacted poorly around spring. The true dichotomy is wk vs attack, and those can be sorted by spring flip.
Could you rephrase this? I don't know what it's saying. Who specifically would you scum read from Spring's flip based on the way she has been treated so far. Earlier you implied that you would scum read me and Lady upon a town flip. Is this the case? This is the third time I'm asking this btw.
As for the rpg, i want to see what hectic ends up concluding. And it's a fun read.
I'm referring to your . Did you mention Hectics cyoa thing somewhere?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by Hectic »

I thought you wanted to capture springlullaby a little while ago because she was lowering morale/spirits? Pushing her as leader encourages her behaviour and does the opposite.

Honestly, I have no idea what alignment springlullaby is, but I would feel really bad if she was scum and I townread her for this play. Admittedly, my vote is very biased.

Also, thanks lul. Btw, do you have the avatar you were using before you went on your mini hiatus like a few weeks back? Need it for reasons.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:30 pm

Post by Ame »

lol here ya go

I changed my mind on Spring in . Your reasons for voting Spring were shown to be deficient in and .
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by Ginngie »

In post 759, springlullaby wrote:Ginngie, you're still voting me FYI.
If you want to leave it at that it's cool.
In post 650, Professor Moriarty wrote:Not voting (3)- Ginngie,

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:41 pm

Post by Ginngie »

why does everyone lie to me

Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:47 pm

Post by Ame »

So I've been thinking about this and I think it's best I claim. When I die, I become a treestump and the lynch mechanic activates. I've been trying to play in a way so as to draw the night kill, but with two claims now and seeing as FOC's, in particular, suggests a strong PR, I think that's probably not happening. So I'm claiming now to suggest that perhaps vig can aim for me tonight? I think there may be another way to activate the mechanic also because it says it will activate when I die
unless
it's already activated.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Hectic »

Do you flip upon death? Being an IC treestump would be really cool.

You should've tried crumbing cop or another powerful role in an obvious way such that any competent scum could spot it.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by Ame »

I'm not sure, it just says I'll be able to talk in thread. I was going to try to crumb something, but I couldn't think of a way that would beat out FOC's claim without overtly lying in a way that could be hurtful.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by Ame »

Oh wait, yep it does say I will flip.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by Hectic »

Nice! Well, here's hoping a vig exists in that case. If not, I'm not sure how late lynching would be made available for us. Day 3 seems too early, since it would mean your ability doesn't matter unless you're killed exactly on night 1, so maybe day 4+?? Quest rewards could maybe play a part too though.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by Ame »

In post 764, Ame wrote:Your reasons for voting Spring were shown to be deficient in 585 and 602.
Can you address this, Hectic? I'm trying to understand why you're pushing for Spring capture when you no longer have a valid reason for doing so.
Lady Chloe
Lady Chloe
Goon
Lady Chloe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by Lady Chloe »

Hectic,
In post 674, Hectic wrote:As you wish, Lady Chloe.

You are on the RMS Moriarty. The course is set for
XP Island
. However, a tragedy has occurred. Captain
the worst
was killed in a freak accident while
Vending Fruit
to a
Paranoid Gun Owner
. The PGO fled the scene before anyone got a good look at them.

A short time later: springlullaby was found singing poems about Farkset nearby, while Ame was practising her demonic faces. You have a [Hydra, and Portable Ram] at your disposal.
Hydra. They have more eyes for different ways of seeing, and lips to make it harder to speak any lies.
In post 677, Hectic wrote:For the record, Lady Chloe, my guess for your alt:

You used to train at that administration and then formed a team with those other 3. Ring a bell?
No. You best be more direct, or find another theory.
In post 688, Hectic wrote:
Pros of Capturing:
  • Can examine wagons/votes for later.
  • Capturing scum blocks their ability.
Cons of Capturing:
  • Potential to block town PRs, or force them to claim.
  • Wagon information is less useful as it's not that harmful for scum to bus.
  • No information from a flip.
I think we No Capture.
I may add that even if a town PR claim does not occur in the face of capture, it may be for an important reason as to avoid a nightkill.

Unless the thread has a consensus scumread, capturing is - for lack of a more quaint term - "opening a can of worms."

I am not entirely against the idea of capture, but there are many pushes, and little clarity.
Lady Chloe
Lady Chloe
Goon
Lady Chloe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by Lady Chloe »

Pink Ball,
In post 679, Pink Ball wrote:I think that not capturing has the same vibe that not lynching has. Would you no lynch on D1 because we don't have enough info? No, because the lynch per se is what gives the most info about players.

We capture someone, and then combined with later flips we get better and stronger cases on players' intentions. Not capturing is saving your money under your mattress. Guess what, you're losing money.
Say that capturing is always net positive for town here, where do you believe the votes should be going?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”