gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:24 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 822, Pine wrote:Here's the critical failure point: If we did this, it always ALWAYS goes to the last person, because scum NEVER allow themselves to be left out, which ALWAYS means we risk everything for nothing.

It's an absolute shit gamble. I agree that it's low-order probability that we lose to Reck here, but it's an even lower probability that we get anything for our trouble.

PE: YOLOsturbated.
If you are town and as you said are not going to risk the day on this, why does it matter that I Yolosturbated?
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:24 am

Post by Pine »

Also for the record, I'm really sorry about this, Reck. It's always a pleasure to play with you. If Mastina hadn't claimed it and just started the masturbation trend without mentioning third parties, it would likely have been treated as a silly drug-themed feature of the game and you'd have gotten an easy win and MAYBE actually exposed a scumzor.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:25 am

Post by Pine »

In post 825, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 822, Pine wrote:Here's the critical failure point: If we did this, it always ALWAYS goes to the last person, because scum NEVER allow themselves to be left out, which ALWAYS means we risk everything for nothing.

It's an absolute shit gamble. I agree that it's low-order probability that we lose to Reck here, but it's an even lower probability that we get anything for our trouble.

If you are town and as you said are not going to risk the day on this, why does it matter that I Yolosturbated?
Because the pool of non-masturbators is down to five, and if Reck is a version of a serial killer it's easy to murder your way through that number.

You didn't think before you acted.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:25 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 823, Bingle wrote:
In post 815, gobbledygook wrote: 2. I said what I said to test the limits of masturbation. I purposefully did not use the word masturbation to see what the mod would count. It appears he counted that even though I wouldn’t have thought he would. It is better I’m not confirmed town anyway because I have high nightkill equity in this playerlist.
Why?

What do you have to gain by figuring out how to not masturbate when we already know how to masturbate? What benefit do you gain by testing instead of simply asking Gingie?
See my point about it’s better for me to be a lower priority kill anyway. I get to test the limits of the mod’s discretion (which seems to be wishy Washy from how he isn’t answering any questions about powers) and I make myself a less prioritized kill.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:27 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 827, Pine wrote:
In post 825, gobbledygook wrote:

Because the pool of non-masturbators is down to five, and if Reck is a version of a serial killer it's easy to murder your way through that number.

You didn't think before you acted.
So you are basing this off your hunch that reck is a serial killer who can only kill masturbators? ;)

Why is that even your hunch?

Why is it bad that Reck kills those people? The people in the nonmasturbatory slots are either incredibly hard to read or lurkers which are all fine kills
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:30 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 819, Bingle wrote:
In post 815, gobbledygook wrote:3. Why does it matter? So what if we just autolose day 1? We move on with our lives if that’s true (highly unlikely because that’s a dumb as rocks mechanic that I don’t think Ginngie would include). If it is scumsided we won’t know day 2, or day 3, or day whatever until the game is over. That’s a bad argument.
Why does using it Day 1 matter?

I think there's information to be gained in whether scum chooses to kill on or off wagon, so to speak. I also think there's a potential for a powerful town if it is indeed a scumsided mechanic, and delaying reck slot's departure isn't inherently bad, because he's bulletproof and scum using a strongman there instead of on a potentially useful town player isn't the worst result in the world.

You're also misunderstanding the claim.

It doesn't confirm one player as scum, ever.

If accurately claimed, the last player to masturbate is always town. if we number the player list from 1-13 and masturbate in that order, and 12 and 13 are both scum, it confirms 11 as town and BOTH 12 AND 13 as scum. Which is why yolosturbating is bad. Baaaaaaaaaad.
Using it day 1 to AT THE VERY LEAST confirm 1 person as town is way better than using it later in the game. Day 1 has the least amount of information. Plus, it allows PRs to play around that person if they are town (i.e. not investigate them, not roleblock them, not vig them). Why are you opposing a plan that gets us more information on the day where we have the least amount of information? On people like LLD, Mariar, Pine, and Dunnstral who are all very good scum players and removing that paranoia about even ONE of them is a boon for the town
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 822, Pine wrote:It's an absolute shit gamble. I agree that it's low-order probability that we lose to Reck here, but it's an even lower probability that we get anything for our trouble.
If the claim is true, we gain a conftown at the very least.

The rest of this post is the reason I want to lynch inside of the masturbators, and your paranoia on the role is why I'm advocating delaying the masturbation.

Really though, tl;dr:
Don't masturbate today. Don't masturbate until we explicitly all agree to go through with the order. When the time for masturbation comes, masturbate in order, one per VC.

For now, we can table this discussion until the end of the day and we can largely ignore reckslot (sorry reck) because his opinions are functionally useless.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:33 am

Post by gobbledygook »

is the team really just pine bingle ???
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 827, Pine wrote:Because the pool of non-masturbators is down to five, and if Reck is a version of a serial killer it's easy to murder your way through that number.
I really wish you hadn't brought that up, tbh. I've been dancing around why I want to see nightkills before commiting to this course of action, but that is one of the larger ones, yes.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:37 am

Post by gobbledygook »

so you guys think the role is a serial killer that can only kill masturbators, or non masturbators?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Bingle »

C'mon, turkey. You're better than this. Activated ICs are better than Day 1 ICs for a reason.

You had a front row seat to Pine not wanting to humor 3p in exactly this fashion in Mainstream.

You are actively ignoring the point of my posting to support a conclusion you want, not a conclusion that follows from the evidence.

I've already claimed to be self resolving, something I wouldn't do if it weren't true because I actually like winning games.

Also, now that turkey is masturbating I prefer this to PP

VOTE: gobble
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Pink Ball »

VOTE: gobble
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:41 am

Post by gobbledygook »

your reasons for voting me are bad.
and yes Pine was wrong about that in mainstream just like he is wrong about it here. Just because he was town in mainstream doesn't mean he was wrong and doesn't mean he can't be scum here
you can be town for the self resolving thing I forgot about that
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:41 am

Post by gobbledygook »

lol I can't wait to spite this town :)
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:42 am

Post by gobbledygook »

VOTE: Pine
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:43 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 834, gobbledygook wrote:so you guys think the role is a serial killer that can only kill masturbators, or non masturbators?
I'm going to refuse to speculate what specific anti town roles could be behind this claim and which I find most likely on the grounds that doing so could inform the scum team of what their optimal plays are.

I might send a list to the mod to post in spec chat later, though.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:43 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Survivalistic vote by gobble tbh
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:44 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 840, Bingle wrote:
In post 834, gobbledygook wrote:so you guys think the role is a serial killer that can only kill masturbators, or non masturbators?
I'm going to refuse to speculate what specific anti town roles could be behind this claim and which I find most likely on the grounds that doing so could inform the scum team of what their optimal plays are.

I might send a list to the mod to post in spec chat later, though.
save it, I won't care if I'm dead. I'll prefer to watch you continue to throw this game
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:45 am

Post by gobbledygook »

yeah if people don't want to actually think that's fine, I don't care. Lynch me day 1. If you guys don't i'll just do it myself
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Bingle »

So your case on Pine is "Pine genuinely holds this belief and did so as town, provably, in this game I played with him, but I think the belief is wrong and so am going to vote him."

How does that make him scum?

Objectively, whether he's right or wrong doesn't matter. Whether he's right or wrong as town matters.

(Also, even if we don't trust Reckslot we can use the slot to softconfirm 1 town player. We just have to do so on the day we lynch the reckslot.)
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:50 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 844, Bingle wrote:So your case on Pine is "Pine genuinely holds this belief and did so as town, provably, in this game I played with him, but I think the belief is wrong and so am going to vote him."

How does that make him scum?

Objectively, whether he's right or wrong doesn't matter. Whether he's right or wrong as town matters.

(Also, even if we don't trust Reckslot we can use the slot to softconfirm 1 town player. We just have to do so on the day we lynch the reckslot.)
No, my scum read on Pine is that he makes no sense and doesn't want to do the plan because he and potentially one other buddy are stuck in non-masturbation pool that could get discovered as scum. So he doesn't want to do and is trying to create paranoia around Reck/Mastina as justification for no one else doing it.
The reckslot is self resolvable TODAY. If he does not leave when everyone masturbates then he is scum and dies and we get a day 1 lynch. That is why Pine's paranoia is bs. If he truly was suspicious of Reck he would just confirm if Reck is telling the truth and then lynch Reck if the things Reck said would happen, do not happen. I do not understand why you never see obvious scum as obvious Bingle, but is it is seriously annoying now that this is the third game you've done this to me.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:53 am

Post by gobbledygook »

Look at Pine's iso. No scum hunting. Comes in accusing people of bad play because they are using HUNCHES then literally turns around and says we shouldn't do that "bad play" because HIS HUNCH is that the slot is a serial killer that could kill people who did/did not masturbate. Like wtf? How does that make ANY sense. If Mastina or Reck IS A SERIAL KILLER THEY WILL NOT LEAVE IF WE ALL MASTURBATE. Then, if Mastina/Reck has NOT left the game, which they wouldn't because serial killers can't just leave the game, we just lynch the serial killer before they have had the chance to kill anyone.

???
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:54 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 841, Pink Ball wrote:Survivalistic vote by gobble tbh
It is actually the opposite, Bulba's wagon has more votes and the people actually pushing that wagon have a better chance of getting Bulba lynched. Me moving to Pine with LLD and Reckoner is probably the least survialistic thing I could have done other than vote someone who is obvtownie, or has no votes.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Your hunch could potentially end the game vs his hunch that is being prudent.

Also you picked the one non masturbator who is being wagoned so it's survivalistic and you're justifying your vote to appeal the masses
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:56 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 848, Pink Ball wrote:Your hunch could potentially end the game vs his hunch that is being prudent.

Also you picked the one non masturbator who is being wagoned so it's survivalistic and you're justifying your vote to appeal the masses
I have role information that it will not end the game.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”