Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Scarlett O wrote:I am definitely AGAINST the doc coming out today. I mean, there is a chance that the mafia will fire randomly into the crowd and hit a doc, but then you have to weigh:

95% that if the Doc came out, they would get NK'd tonight whilst protecting BM (probably)

or

30% chance that mafia will randomly strike the doc.*

I'd rather take my chance at the second option

*Note, I suck at math, so these figures are guesstimates.
In fairness, i'm fairly happy to lose a Doc, in exchange for a scumbag. Personally, i doubt the scum, if they have any knowledge of the workings of
Mathia
, will actually target the doc in this scenario, knowing that 1 of them will be outted. If they do, more fool them. We nail a scumbag.

And i assume the Doc cannot protect himself. Why would we want him to??

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:03 am

Post by skitzer »

If there wasn't a very pro-town player and claimed power role I'd be voting someone, because I agree with the no-lynch is bad thing.

Not agreeing with the (supposed) doc claiming. If they do target the claimed doctor, and BM watches the doctor, we get 1 mafia, which there may be 2 or 3 mafia, and we lose our protecting role.

Also, I'm confused about how we know there is a doctor. It makes me somewhat suspicious of Battle Mage and Scarlett O, because they easily commented on the doctor as if it were common knowledge that it was in this game. One may be an SK or the Mafia wondering why their kill didn't go through.
Scarlett O
Scarlett O
Townie
Scarlett O
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:18 am

Post by Scarlett O »

I was working from the assumption that there's usually a doc in these games, I could be wrong.

You know what happens when you make an assumption...you make an ass outta you and umption.

So IF there is a doc somewhere, I'm encouraging them NOT to out themselves, that's all.
Scarlett O
Scarlett O
Townie
Scarlett O
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:39 am

Post by Scarlett O »

Though I think that it's interesting that in the scenario that a doc would come out, either the doc would NK'd and Battle Mage could pull out a handy suspect, or the mafia would know better to attack the doc, and either way Bm is left alive and clear. In any case, it would be the perfect cover for an SK or mafia...

If SK, it keeps BM clear of being targetted by the mafia or,

if mafia, well BM could possibly be getting a doc out of the way.

Not that I'm saying we should lynch you, but seems a little suspicious...
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:49 am

Post by cerebus3 »

farside22 wrote:Damn I was close with the detective thought.

unvote:
vote: No Lynch

By the way I suspect IcemanE, skitzer and cerebus at this point.
IcemanE is following terriblely and it bugs me to no end when people do that. cerebus questioned the character role comment and really how he reads that as a claim is beyond me. I figured everyone should have a character type so saying character role shouldn't have really been a tell of my actual alignment or role. Skitzer is being weird. From the conversation when he calls me out to lurking badly in a game that I would say he should be having more fun with. If any of these people end up on the block I would vote for them.
Yes, but the assumtion that EVERYONE has flavor role is very telling. It means you know that vanilla townies get flavor, and what THAT means is annoying to me. It completely ruined a potential trap for scum, as they couldn't know that for certain, and makes it pretty obvious what your role is.

The sad thing is what you did was very anti-town in my mind, yet it indicates that you are not scum. Calling me frustrated would be an understatement.

The even sadder thing is that I probably shouldn't have said anything at all. It is very possible that this all just went right over the heads of the scum.

The scum probably know who half of the power roles are at this point. THAT IS WHY I WAS TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO SHUT UP ABOUT THE SETUP!

I think my stance toward a doc claiming should be pretty obvious.

I am kind of leery that BM is so eager to out a protective role, especially as I don't trust him right now.

If he is scum this outs a dangerous role for him, while setting up a mislynch at the same time by killing the doc himself and then claiming that someone else targeted him. OR he could leave the doc alive and claiming that the scum don't want to be outed as a way to quasi-confirm himself and nullifying the doc because he knows the doc is going to protect himself.

LOTS of potential upside for scum BM, not so much potential upside for the town, because the mafia knows who the doc is protecting and if they DO kill the doc, there is still an 80% chance we cant do anything about it.

I would be willing to go along with a BM lynch at this point.
"Insanity is the last defense of the master bureaucrat"

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:54 am

Post by farside22 »

I assumed everyone got a character type because this is reality mafia. If you watch reality tv then the assumption is not faulty.
Does this mean you doubt BM's claim?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:33 am

Post by cerebus3 »

farside22 wrote:I assumed everyone got a character type because this is reality mafia. If you watch reality tv then the assumption is not faulty.
Meh, it wasn't that suspicious when he claimed, but when he asked for a doc claim almost right after, it certainly gave me pause.

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Tombolo »

Not liking how BM is acting. I'm not sure what the word I'm looking for is...antagonistic, maybe. He made some good points, but the tone with which he made them is scummy to me. Also don't like how he's fishing for doc at all...I must admit, his doc/watcher plan makes a lot of sense in a normal game, but since we don't really know what to expect from the setup, like if we have a doc, or even that we could get scum up on the lynching block once we watch them kill the doc, I don't like it. It also would be really easy as scum in trouble to make that claim, find and kill the doc, frame somebody else with a "scan," and take them down. You get doc and a free mislynch for throwing yourself under the bus. Heck, this is the part where I would throw down a vote for BM if I wasn't worried he was telling the truth.

As for claiming flavor...eh, not sure why everybody's spazzing out about it. Now, I'm not a huge fan of volunteering info like that, but as soon as I got my PM I figured it was a safe assumption that everybody has a flavor role. This seems like the kind of theme where knowing flavor roles might not actually be that helpful, so randomly blurting out your flavor role wouldn't be as bad as it would be in some themes. (HAY GUYZ I'M PRINCESS PEACH)

Getting fewer scumvibes from farside these days. Still got my eye on her.

....wait, Scarlett wasn't legitimately flirting with me? ;_; *is heartbroken*
##NL imo
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

Prodding Tombolo as he has not posted in over a week.

Day 2 vote count:
Battle Mage(2): orangepenguin, nhat

No lynch(3): farside, scarlett o, battle mage

not voting(6): cerebus 3, khelvaster, icemanE, tombolo, skitzer, ashmite84
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Tombolo »

lol, I got prodded while I was posting that.
##NL imo
Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by Tombolo »

EBWOP: ...dang, it's been over a week? I need to get better at this. >_> I've been reading, I promise, but I'm used to "swift" games where D1 gets a few hundred posts within its 48 hour deadline, so the pacing on this site kinda throws me. I did that in my newbie game as well. <_< Sorry, folks.
##NL imo
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by nhat »

BM, I'm going to role with you on this one.

Unvote

Also, you should shut up about me because you don't know what I know.

*Gets slobbenly drunk*

I hate snapping at people.....*sniffle*....I love you man!

*Gains composure after weeping for a while*

As from what I've see thus far, I'm fairly certain that the person I had investigated is doc just from what I've seen in day 2.

Now, if BM gets NKed, then I will know for certain that said person is NOT doc, and I will out them as scum.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by nhat »

Oh, also

vote - no lynch
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

unvote
vote: no lynch
- I didn't realize you were a power role, and I believe you at this time.
Scarlett O
Scarlett O
Townie
Scarlett O
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:16 pm

Post by Scarlett O »

Tombolo wrote:....wait, Scarlett wasn't legitimately flirting with me? ;_; *is heartbroken*
*snogs Tombolo* Now THAT was for real :wink:
So I don't know if anyone's addressed this yet, but exactly how does the "people up for voting" rotation work? Does everybody get a turn, then we start all over again, or can people from Day one get picked again on, say, Day Four? Probably the first one, in which case this could be an incredibly long game, especially if someone we know to be scum has already gone up. In the second option, it could be even longer, but i doubt it would be set up like that.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by icemanE »

After today I say we make a policy to lynch every day - the issue with this setup is that it's not guaranteed that we'll have a candidate on the chopping block that we actually want to lynch.

The exception to this rule, of course, is if two confirmed protown poweroles are the candidates for lynch, or there are other extenuating circumstances. But NL'ing won't do anything but allow the scum to pick off our most useful players as time goes on. Tonight should give us good info though, with a doc and tracker working together.
Tom wrote: as soon as I got my PM I figured it was a safe assumption that everybody has a flavor role.
I agree, it's fairly common that if one person has a flavor in a themed game, all of 'em do. I also agree that flavor probably doesn't correlate directly with alignment - the cop being everyone's best friend, eh, it doesn't click.

Let's hope for better lynch candidates tomorrow.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:55 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Scarlett O wrote:I was working from the assumption that there's usually a doc in these games, I could be wrong.

You know what happens when you make an assumption...you make an ass outta you and umption.

So IF there is a doc somewhere, I'm encouraging them NOT to out themselves, that's all.
umption? rofl.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

orangepenguin wrote:
unvote
you're still scum.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

cerebus3 wrote:
farside22 wrote:I assumed everyone got a character type because this is reality mafia. If you watch reality tv then the assumption is not faulty.
Meh, it wasn't that suspicious when he claimed, but when he asked for a doc claim almost right after, it certainly gave me pause.
Looking objectively for a moment, do you think it is likely that Mafia are going to openly request a Doc-claim?

Ignore the WIFOM aspect of this question. Just give a straight answer.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:54 am

Post by Battle Mage »

cerebus3 wrote:

unvote:

IcemanE is following terriblely and it bugs me to no end when people do that. cerebus questioned the character role comment and really how he reads that as a claim is beyond me. I figured everyone should have a character type so saying character role shouldn't have really been a tell of my actual alignment or role. Skitzer is being weird. From the conversation when he calls me out to lurking badly in a game that I would say he should be having more fun with. If any of these people end up on the block I would vote for them.
Yes, but the assumtion that EVERYONE has flavor role is very telling. It means you know that vanilla townies get flavor, and what THAT means is annoying to me. It completely ruined a potential trap for scum, as they couldn't know that for certain, and makes it pretty obvious what your role is.

The sad thing is what you did was very anti-town in my mind, yet it indicates that you are not scum. Calling me frustrated would be an understatement.

The even sadder thing is that I probably shouldn't have said anything at all. It is very possible that this all just went right over the heads of the scum.

The scum probably know who half of the power roles are at this point. THAT IS WHY I WAS TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO SHUT UP ABOUT THE SETUP!

I am kind of leery that BM is so eager to out a protective role, especially as I don't trust him right now.

If he is scum this outs a dangerous role for him, while setting up a mislynch at the same time by killing the doc himself and then claiming that someone else targeted him. OR he could leave the doc alive and claiming that the scum don't want to be outed as a way to quasi-confirm himself and nullifying the doc because he knows the doc is going to protect himself.

LOTS of potential upside for scum BM, not so much potential upside for the town, because the mafia knows who the doc is protecting and if they DO kill the doc, there is still an 80% chance we cant do anything about it.

You're saying there's an 80% chance we have a Mafia RB or an SK? How do you know this?

FoS: Cerebus

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:14 am

Post by skitzer »

Battle Mage wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:
unvote
you're still scum.

BM
I can agree with this thought.
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:16 am

Post by cerebus3 »

Battle Mage wrote:
cerebus3 wrote:

unvote:

You're saying there's an 80% chance we have a Mafia RB or an SK? How do you know this?

FoS: Cerebus

BM
No, there is an 80% chance of any specific person being available to be lynched tomorrow, but thanks for trying.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:21 am

Post by cerebus3 »

Battle Mage wrote:
cerebus3 wrote:
Looking objectively for a moment, do you think it is likely that Mafia are going to openly request a Doc-claim?

BM
If you thought you could get away with it.

Tombolo
Tombolo
Goon
Tombolo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Tombolo »

Battle Mage wrote:
cerebus3 wrote:

BM
Yes. Yes I do.
##NL imo

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”