(1)
Allomancer ()
Karnage
(1)
BBmolla ()
Not Voting
(1)
nomnomnom ()

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-05-03 00:18:59).
Last edited by northsidegal on Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:43 am

Post by Karnage »

In post 186, Auro wrote:Have you not noticed me forming a townbloc already, consisting of you, Karnage and Nomnomnom?
I'm flattered but I don't think I'm comfortable with any townbloc quite yet.
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:25 am

Post by Auro »

The townbloc isn't locked, subject to change.
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:57 am

Post by The Limit Does Not Exist »

In post 194, Auro wrote:
In post 189, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:Yeah, I originally had good feelings about the townbloc, but then I reread your ISO this morning and I'm not as solid in my read on you as I was when you initially townblocced (sp?). So I'm just trying to get a feel for everyone's reads and see where they're at.
Sure, that's fair. But you do agree on my current proposed townbloc, right?
I'm good with karnage atm, and feeling better about nom after her most recent back-and-forth with acryon. I wouldn't say yall are super strong townreads for me, and nom in particular I'm still fairly null on, but I'm probably more okay with this being today's wagon over everyone else. I mean, we have:
  • Eve - only shitposting so far
  • Saurusaurus Rex (butchered sp, whatever) - hasn't even come back to the thread since his RVS vote
  • Allomancer, who first said his Eve vote wasn't that serious then tried to get us to wagon her, then tried to "gotcha" nom and disappeared
  • BBmolla, who seems to be having it rough irl so hasn't posted
Not comfortable with any of them because I have little to actually form a read on those slots. I'd want to include GL since I'm still leaning town on him but it seems like no one else is.

Btw @mod, when will sarusuarus rex or however you spell it be prodded?

Acryon, your posts are not doing anything to change my mind. I apologize for misremembering the posting order/which post that nom had originally voted you for, but even in the most recent conversation, you were answering questions but not adding anything of substance or asking questions. As I said, I would expect town to be reaching out more and putting out feelers even on D1 - doesn't have to be "making a big case" like you're implying I said (also, way to put words in my mouth, because that is not what I said), but just engaging with others. And I'm not seeing that from you, it feels like you're being super passive in terms of interacting with other players.

@nom, what are your thoughts on acryon after your most recent convo and subsequent pondering? you seem to have backed off of that slot pretty quickly earlier, why was that?

- Smarter
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:08 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 154, GuiltyLion wrote:Why would he be so willing to acknowledge that they were weak questions but then also suggest that I'm a good vote because I pushed him on it, it also feels like there's dissonance there.
I feel like this is the key to that interaction. I think the statement of "I'm not scumhunting" is NAI, but the idea that he would say he's happy with his vote right after that seems a bit odd, since he isn't scumhunting and also doesn't seem to be trying to pressure you.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:10 am

Post by Allomancer »

Speaking of pressure, UNVOTE: .
In post 75, Auro wrote:Something_Smart, have you not considered that there is a mechanical reason to want to be on the wagon as town?
To take up a slot that scum could have taken; thus forcing them to stay off of it?
Eve didn't respond to my post, but this made a good point that relieves my initial concerns over Eve. That plus she seems to be just shitposting means there's really not much to read into there.

However, given that she's just shitposting, I really would like to see some actual content from her.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:16 am

Post by Auro »

I'm not reading too much into it, I think it's obviously a joke :P

Smart said he doesn't understand jokes sometimes, and his partner got pinged from that post.
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:18 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 129, skitter30 wrote:like i'm having trouble seeing why the real traffic analyst would claim that
scum would want to be on wagon to avoid being checked

and idk why a vt would be doing what you're doing
skitter's push here feels weird. Like I get why he would be confused, but I also think it's pretty obvious that Eve was joking, especially given that skitter noticed the flippancy.
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 171, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:Please correct me if I’m wrong here since my theory skills leave something to be desired - in terms of theory, I think we can’t leave Eve alive when (if) we get to LYLO.
I'd like to see if she gets serious or keeps shitposting. You have a point here, but I don't think this determination should be made just yet.
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:28 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 149, nomnomnom wrote:pedit: I think it's best for everyone to stop thinking scums are these overlogical people who have everything calculated and on lock because by experience this is not a good way to analyze interactions most of the time because scums make emotional errors most of the time, not logical ones.
This is a good point. If scum were perfectly logical, scumhunting would have no value. However, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that scum are more cautious about their posts than town.
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:32 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 173, acryon wrote:I like Eve.
In post 185, acryon wrote:Mostly tone, especially in the back and forth with skitter where I felt skitter appeared inauthentic--Eve appeared the opposite.
When you say you like Eve, it's not clear — do you townread Eve or do you just enjoy her posts?
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:32 am

Post by nomnomnom »

according to my own vig-minded scumhunting I would be shooting Allo right now so I should probably VOTE: Allo
This lack of commitment on every single subject so far is concerning and feels like scum who doesn't want to commit to reads just yet.
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:33 am

Post by acryon »

In post 203, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote: Acryon, your posts are not doing anything to change my mind. I apologize for misremembering the posting order/which post that nom had originally voted you for, but even in the most recent conversation, you were answering questions but not adding anything of substance or asking questions. As I said, I would expect town to be reaching out more and putting out feelers even on D1 - doesn't have to be "making a big case" like you're implying I said (also, way to put words in my mouth, because that is not what I said), but just engaging with others. And I'm not seeing that from you, it feels like you're being super passive in terms of interacting with other players.
I don't disagree with you as much on how the game should be played as I do your characterization of how I've played the game. Ideally we'd agree on both if we're on the same side (which I think we are), but c'est la vie. Moving on.
In post 163, GuiltyLion wrote:If [acryon] himself can see that his post didn't look like scumhunting then he needs to give more explanation as to whether and/or why he finds me suspicious for calling that out.
I thought of a (probably bad) analogy.

GuiltyLion rolls up on acryon's house and sees him working in the front by some soil where he's planting seeds. GuiltyLion says "Wow that's a bad garden. You don't even have anything growing." Not only would it be 1) disingenuous and silly to criticize the garden at that stage, it's also 2) possible acryon is planting the seeds exactly right, and it
is
going to be a good garden. I'm less interested in arguing 2), but 1) is why I have an issue with what GL did.
In post 210, Allomancer wrote:
In post 185, acryon wrote:Mostly tone, especially in the back and forth with skitter where I felt skitter appeared inauthentic--Eve appeared the opposite.
When you say you like Eve, it's not clear — do you townread Eve or do you just enjoy her posts?
Townread.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:43 am

In post 211, nomnomnom wrote:according to my own vig-minded scumhunting I would be shooting Allo right now so I should probably VOTE: Allo
This lack of commitment on every single subject so far is concerning and feels like scum who doesn't want to commit to reads just yet.
100% agree with this, which makes me feel better about the nom slot as well.

I'd definitely like to see something from Allomancer that isn't related to stuff from 6 pages ago, given there's been a lot more content than when he last posted. He just picked out a bunch of random and mostly irrelevant pieces of posts from people to respond to. I especially would like to hear thoughts about the GL vs. acryon stuff, given that he seemed to have been defending acryon before and is now shading acryon (and btw, copied my reasoning for said shade). I mean, this also applies to him - makes a post to throw some shade on acryon who is arguably currently getting the most shade in the game, then immediately drops it and doesn't attempt to engage acryon whatsoever. Shade with no bite.

Allomancer, at a minimum I'd like to hear reads from you.

Alas, my other head is apparently MIA so I am claiming my vote rights now.
VOTE: Allomancer

- Smarter
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:44 am

In post 212, acryon wrote:
In post 203, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote: Acryon, your posts are not doing anything to change my mind. I apologize for misremembering the posting order/which post that nom had originally voted you for, but even in the most recent conversation, you were answering questions but not adding anything of substance or asking questions. As I said, I would expect town to be reaching out more and putting out feelers even on D1 - doesn't have to be "making a big case" like you're implying I said (also, way to put words in my mouth, because that is not what I said), but just engaging with others. And I'm not seeing that from you, it feels like you're being super passive in terms of interacting with other players.
I don't disagree with you as much on how the game should be played as I do your characterization of how I've played the game. Ideally we'd agree on both if we're on the same side (which I think we are), but c'est la vie. Moving on.
In post 163, GuiltyLion wrote:If [acryon] himself can see that his post didn't look like scumhunting then he needs to give more explanation as to whether and/or why he finds me suspicious for calling that out.
I thought of a (probably bad) analogy.

GuiltyLion rolls up on acryon's house and sees him working in the front by some soil where he's planting seeds. GuiltyLion says "Wow that's a bad garden. You don't even have anything growing." Not only would it be 1) disingenuous and silly to criticize the garden at that stage, it's also 2) possible acryon is planting the seeds exactly right, and it
is
going to be a good garden. I'm less interested in arguing 2), but 1) is why I have an issue with what GL did.
In post 210, Allomancer wrote:
Townread.
Thanks for your response. I think I might be confbiasing myself atm so I'm going to back off for now and come back to this later. Seems like SS saw something towny in your posts so I'll need to discuss with him.

- SMarter
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 213, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:I'd definitely like to see something from Allomancer that isn't related to stuff from 6 pages ago, given there's been a lot more content than when he last posted. He just picked out a bunch of random and mostly irrelevant pieces of posts from people to respond to. I especially would like to hear thoughts about the GL vs. acryon stuff, given that he seemed to have been defending acryon before and is now shading acryon (and btw, copied my reasoning for said shade). I mean, this also applies to him - makes a post to throw some shade on acryon who is arguably currently getting the most shade in the game, then immediately drops it and doesn't attempt to engage acryon whatsoever. Shade with no bite.

Allomancer, at a minimum I'd like to hear reads from you.
Sure.

I don't think I was defending acryon before by any means. In any case, I think he's probably my top scumread, especially given the recent townread on Eve expressed in which I was about to post about anyway, so I might as well do it here. I don't see how he could view Eve's tone as towny. I agree with him that it's authentic, but it's only authentically lazy and offhanded. Even if skitter is inauthentic, which I find myself agreeing with acryon on, that doesn't mean that Eve is town. I still have a nullread on her because, as I've mentioned, she hasn't been doing anything but shitposting, which usually for people who do that chronically is NAI.

With that being said,
VOTE: acryon.

As I mentioned, I lean scum on skitter but would need to see more from her to be sure of that. You're actually my top townread, followed by Auro. I think I'm also leaning town on nom and GL.
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:57 am

In post 212, acryon wrote:I thought of a (probably bad) analogy.

GuiltyLion rolls up on acryon's house and sees him working in the front by some soil where he's planting seeds. GuiltyLion says "Wow that's a bad garden. You don't even have anything growing."
I like this guy.

-Smart
The Limit Does Not Exist
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
The Limit Does Not Exist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:59 am

In post 211, nomnomnom wrote:This lack of commitment on every single subject so far is concerning and feels like scum who doesn't want to commit to reads just yet.
How do you differentiate scum who doesn't want to commit to reads just yet from town who doesn't want to commit to reads just yet?

-Smart
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:09 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 212, acryon wrote:GuiltyLion rolls up on acryon's house and sees him working in the front by some soil where he's planting seeds. GuiltyLion says "Wow that's a bad garden. You don't even have anything growing." Not only would it be 1) disingenuous and silly to criticize the garden at that stage, it's also 2) possible acryon is planting the seeds exactly right, and it is going to be a good garden. I'm less interested in arguing 2), but 1) is why I have an issue with what GL did.
But you immediately insisted you were happy with your vote him, despite you not having been scumhunting. So now you're selling the vegetables from the garden before they grow.
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:29 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

Calm down Smarter, there’s no need to prod me yet. It’s been a little longer than I thought it had been, but I’ve not broken any rules. My lurking won’t become a regular thing, I assure you.
In response to Auro’s townbloc, I disagree with Karnage’s placement. He isn’t scummy, but neither is he amazingly towny. I agree with placing Nomnomnom there, however.
I’m townreading both players in TheLimitDoesNotExist, so UNVOTE: . I know it’s ironic for me to say this, but I’d like more content from Eve. Her posts don’t seem very towny, but I’m willing to overlook that as early-game banter if her play gets better. If it does not, I think she is the correct day 1 lynch, unless someone else does something worse.
If anyone has any questions for me, ask and I will answer.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:49 am

Post by acryon »

That entrance from Saus is ok. Some original thoughts there.
In post 218, Allomancer wrote:
In post 212, acryon wrote:GuiltyLion rolls up on acryon's house and sees him working in the front by some soil where he's planting seeds. GuiltyLion says "Wow that's a bad garden. You don't even have anything growing." Not only would it be 1) disingenuous and silly to criticize the garden at that stage, it's also 2) possible acryon is planting the seeds exactly right, and it is going to be a good garden. I'm less interested in arguing 2), but 1) is why I have an issue with what GL did.
But you immediately insisted you were happy with your vote him, despite you not having been scumhunting. So now you're selling the vegetables from the garden before they grow.
Except I already had my vote on him before that, so you're mucking up my analogy.

And even if I didn't, putting up a sign saying "Vegetables for sale" in anticipation of them growing is a lot different then knocking on your door and shoving a carrot in your face.
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Allomancer »

Your vote on him before was RVS, though.
xofelf

T-bone

Creature
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:18 am

Post by acryon »

In post 221, Allomancer wrote:Your vote on him before was RVS, though.
Correct.

Question: if you believe I'm scum, how are you currently reconciling sheeping my scumread on skitter?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Auro »

Yes, and he was happy keeping the vote; why is that scummy?
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:43 am

Post by northsidegal »

-
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”