Survivor

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 844, Morning Tweet wrote: in order where scummiest is at the top

dave
BB
Xtom
Blake

For dave it's not even that i disagree with the content of his posts, he just seems different this game
Then who would you lynch right now from MT's list?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:45 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 873, Almost50 wrote:I currently have 54 posts (this is my 55th) and I only voted once. Does that make me scum?
I mean, it could! I think looking at the votes on players and why people are scumreading their scum reads is one of the most effective ways of distinguishing who is trying to genuinely sort vs who is coasting and blending, and I don't see enough in dave's ISO vis-a-vis scumreads and explanation for those scumreads for me to feel comfortable concluding that he's trying to solve. I have/had some other reasons for thinking that you are trying to solve, but at the end of the day this point kinda just makes me townread you less, not scumread Dave less.

Many times I've caught scum by just ISOing them and looking at who/when they've voted and why, and voting out the people who are posting a lot but not actually pushing many players by way of vote.
In post 873, Almost50 wrote:Based on MY experience with dave, he is more likely town than scum here.
What has Dave done in this game that he's more likely to do as town and less likely to do as scum?
In post 873, Almost50 wrote:Furthermore, pressure doesn't really make him yield. He plays the way he wants to and will fight to death for his own view.
I'm not trying to make him yield or sort him based on his reaction, I'm trying to create a wagon that has a good chance of flipping scum at the end of the day.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:47 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 867, Blake Belladonna wrote:Sigh.

I'm not saying don't wagon him. I'm saying to be careful about it. He has a history of reacting very poorly to pressure like this and I expect it to escalate with somebody like Albert B. Rampage at the helm.

I've fallen into that same trap multiple times in the past and it has yet to go in a positive direction for town.
Can you tell the difference between scum or town play from dave?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:48 am

Post by Almost50 »

See, THAT is the problem. You now say LYNCH when it started off with "building wagons". I am alright wagoning multiple people, but if I had a DayVig I'd most likely shoot between you and EJ as we stand.

So, are you building wagons to pressure people and get them to talk more, or are aiming to end the day?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:50 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

A50 I just reread your ISO in combination with Dave and I don't see why you townread him? You had him in a POE pool based off of who had not claimed hood/no hood, then took him off the list when ABR pushed you on whether you'd vote Dave. You've had some conversations back and forth with each other but they don't seem to push either of you in either direction. Dave said he was iffy on your slot. Why are you townreading him?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:51 am

Post by Almost50 »

@GL: ISO dave in THIS game and then compare his play to his play here

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:52 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

no, I'm not going to read a 314 page game where Dave was town and try to find similarities myself that make him automatically town in this game. Speak to me about what he has done
in this game
that makes him town.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 878, Almost50 wrote:See, THAT is the problem. You now say LYNCH when it started off with "building wagons". I am alright wagoning multiple people, but if I had a DayVig I'd most likely shoot between you and EJ as we stand.

So, are you building wagons to pressure people and get them to talk more, or are aiming to end the day?
You know, saying something like
GuiltyLion wrote:I'm not trying to make him yield or sort him based on his reaction, I'm trying to create a wagon that has a good chance of flipping scum at the end of the day.
Could be a little bit of a white lie for pressuring purposes. at least that's how i interpreted it.

Why does what's happened here make you want to shoot GL? (not going to argue with the second choice)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:54 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

although I guess if your point is just, he didn't vote much on D1, point taken. I still don't trust players who don't vote much on D1 in general, but maybe that's not especially indicative in this case
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:55 am

In post 878, Almost50 wrote:See, THAT is the problem. You now say LYNCH when it started off with "building wagons". I am alright wagoning multiple people, but if I had a DayVig I'd most likely shoot between you and EJ as we stand.

I don't give a fuck about weak hands pulling their vote at L-2.

I am talking about a LYNCH.

I need WARRIORS with DIAMOND HANDS.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

o.o
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:03 am

Post by Pine »

In post 859, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 858, Pine wrote:I don't concur.
You still think GL is scummy? Enough to not help us build the first real bandwagon of the day?
I'm very slightly +Town on GL, actually, as before.

Just because you've built a shitty bandwagon doesn't improve its quality. History and site meta shows that "any wagon just to have a lynch" hits Town in wildly disproportionate amounts. I don't have numbers, but anecdotally, it's like 80%. Those are shit odds - I'll stick with an actual scumread, however modest it is.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:06 am

Pine, a50 and Blake.

What's your 6 players you are willing to lynch?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:06 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 867, Blake Belladonna wrote:Sigh.

I'm not saying don't wagon him. I'm saying to be careful about it. He has a history of reacting very poorly to pressure like this and I expect it to escalate with somebody like Albert B. Rampage at the helm.

I've fallen into that same trap multiple times in the past and it has yet to go in a positive direction for town.
I have no idea who you are, but it becomes obvious we have indeed played before.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:11 am

Post by davesaz »

ABR transparently wants a big wagon, doesn't really care much who it's one, and doesn't need to have an actual basis for it.
The most interesting thing I see here is that he's very very reluctant to be the first.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:13 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 889, davesaz wrote:ABR transparently wants a big wagon, doesn't really care much who it's one, and doesn't need to have an actual basis for it.
The most interesting thing I see here is that he's very very reluctant to be the first.
Well he wont vote bm or drixx just to form a wagon.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:20 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 881, GuiltyLion wrote:no, I'm not going to read a 314 page game where Dave was town and try to find similarities myself that make him automatically town in this game. Speak to me about what he has done
in this game
that makes him town.
I did not say to read the game, man. I said to ISO him. Skim his ISO and see what it feels like. If he's not doing much or if he has some inexplicable posts now I'm sure he does have a reason for it.

If we are going to lynch for the sake of lynching then let it be someone who is unlikely to win us the game when push comes to shove. Strong town players also tend to be the target of town investigations and/or scum NKs, so leave those alone.

Now vote EJ with me because he is MUCH stronger as SCUM. His town game is .. wait.. when was the last time he rolled town?? EJ & FL are designated scum in any given game. :lol: :lol:

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:22 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 890, farside22 wrote:
In post 889, davesaz wrote:ABR transparently wants a big wagon, doesn't really care much who it's one, and doesn't need to have an actual basis for it.
Well he wont vote bm or drixx just to form a wagon.
Thanks, I hadn't noticed. :P
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 882, Morning Tweet wrote:Why does what's happened here make you want to shoot GL? (not going to argue with the second choice)

That was actually directed at ABR not GL, but I didn't preview so I understand the confusion.

So, to be clear: my top two SRs are EJ & ABR

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:24 am

As I've said, you can wipe your ass with your two scum reads, town should expand lynchpool to 6.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:28 am

Post by davesaz »

Nah, ABR is probably town. Annoying as fuck and a little blind perhaps, but can't have everything.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:29 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 893, Almost50 wrote:
In post 882, Morning Tweet wrote:Why does what's happened here make you want to shoot GL? (not going to argue with the second choice)
That was actually directed at ABR not GL, but I didn't preview so I understand the confusion.

So, to be clear: my top two SRs are EJ & ABR
ahh that makes sense

The further we go the more i want to retract EJ town lean. but i fear i might be biased so im waiting on that
In post 894, Albert B. Rampage wrote:As I've said, you can wipe your ass with your two scum reads, town should expand lynchpool to 6.
but BM and Drixx can't be in the lynch pool for reasons i guess? .3.
davesaz wrote:Nah, ABR is probably town. Annoying as fuck and a little blind perhaps, but can't have everything.
yup
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 884, Albert B. Rampage wrote:

I don't give a fuck about weak hands pulling their vote at L-2.

I am talking about a LYNCH.

I need WARRIORS with DIAMOND HANDS.
And that's exactly why I want you lynched/vigged. Your attempt to strongarm the game the way you want it to go. Your defence of EJ and redirection of the wagon unto someone you know well won't react in a good way ro being wagoned. Everything you post appears to be scum motivated and I fail to find the town motive for it.

P.S. I may have bought this attitude from a less experienced player, but not you. And removing me from your "not to lynch today" pool just because I didn't sheep you is yet another red flag. There are players I wouldn't lynch D1 regardless, and I don't change that just because they go against me.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:32 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 887, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Pine, a50 and Blake.

What's your 6 players you are willing to lynch?
I only have TWO. I won't be voting anyone outside of you/EJ until further notice.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:33 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 889, davesaz wrote:ABR transparently wants a big wagon, doesn't really care much who it's one
Oh, but he does care. He is firmly against an EJ wagon, for instance.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”