they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:51 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 44, 72offsuit wrote:VOTE: Amercelo
Because it sounds like A mafioso.

Henceforth you will be dubbed Ame, barring strenuous objection. Efficiency. Efcncy. Efcy. Ey.
I love this, lock-town.
I call him Armin fyi
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:54 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 45, 72offsuit wrote:Ive played 2 games w JV. Idk any1 else
This is gonna be fun playing with you all again :D
Well for those I've played with before

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:57 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 48, bv310 wrote:Man, I haven't played Mafia on here in years. It's nice to see some things don't change.

VOTE: Petrichorus

Gotta spread the Day 1 love around.
Welcome back!
Hope we aren't too horrible for ya lol

wiki // GTKAS
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:38 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 50, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 44, 72offsuit wrote:VOTE: Amercelo
Because it sounds like A mafioso.

Henceforth you will be dubbed Ame, barring strenuous objection. Efficiency. Efcncy. Efcy. Ey.
I love this, lock-town.
I call him Armin fyi
I must say, I do like your gut reads. Correct again. <3
Though gut reads are pretty easy for scum :O
Petrichorus
Petrichorus
Townie
Petrichorus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:30 am

Post by Petrichorus »

RVS is either okay or awful dependent on who you're playing with imho. I have ran a lot of games of mafia in Meat Space and I find that, discounting lucky rolecopping and kills, you can tell if the townies have a chance by how they react in RVS. If they're being observant and seeing who is 'randomly' voting for who they've got a good chance. Harder to get that tell on a forum though, got to assume everyone is picking up on everything.

Also, Tuxedo Mask is a great name ngl.
Petrichorus
Petrichorus
Townie
Petrichorus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:43 am

Post by Petrichorus »

In post 48, bv310 wrote:Man, I haven't played Mafia on here in years. It's nice to see some things don't change.

Aw man, that love's contagious and rather accusatory. BV You've been on here since I was last playing Runescape, how do you stay sane or have you given up on that?
Petrichorus
Petrichorus
Townie
Petrichorus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:45 am

Post by Petrichorus »

Re-read the quote, and changing my question: BV, nice to see you back I suppose. Played any mafia elsewhere in the meantime?
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:52 am

Post by Karnage »

Vote Count 1.1
fwogcarf (2) ~
JacksonVirgo, Tuxedo Mask,

JacksonVirgo (2) ~
Micc, Petrichorus,

amercelo (1) ~
72offsuit,

Petrichorus (1) ~
bv310,

72offsuit (1) ~
Gypyx,

Not voting (2) ~
fwogcarf, amercelo,

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2020-05-04 20:18:01)

V/LA:
none
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:53 am

Post by Karnage »

Mod Note
amercelo has requested replacement.
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:02 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 58, Karnage wrote:
Mod Note
amercelo has requested replacement.
That's sad

wiki // GTKAS
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:11 am

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 39, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 22, fwogcarf wrote:im gonna make a public note that i will be looking for distancing/socializing between a certain two people

going to help readmaking imo
Have you played with these two people? :thonk:
Well i meant just two people in general
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:12 am

Post by fwogcarf »

same but with jackson
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:14 am

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 57, Karnage wrote:
Vote Count 1.1
fwogcarf (2) ~
JacksonVirgo, Tuxedo Mask,

JacksonVirgo (2) ~
Micc, Petrichorus,

amercelo (1) ~
72offsuit,

Petrichorus (1) ~
bv310,

72offsuit (1) ~
Gypyx,

Not voting (2) ~
fwogcarf, amercelo,

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2020-05-04 20:18:01)

V/LA:
none
you promised :(((

VOTE: Tuxedo Mask
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:15 am

Post by fwogcarf »

my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:22 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 61, fwogcarf wrote:
same but with jackson
I am JV tho?

wiki // GTKAS
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:25 am

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 64, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 61, fwogcarf wrote:
same but with jackson
I am JV tho?
oh lol
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:30 am

Post by Micc »

VOTE: Tuxedo mask

I think his vote was pretty bad and the follow up attempts at explaining it aren't great. Of all the things to pick out from fwogcarf so far, I don't see how inconsistency can be the issue to focus on. fwogcarf was pretty clear the whole way that he was spend his time cracking jokes even if he suspected there'd be people on the playerlist who weren't up for that.

I also don't think Tuxedo's framing of his vote as a reaction test quite fits when the read he got off fwogcarf's reaction is neutral. I'd say players in general ignore RVS votes they get more often than giving any kind of reaction, so if Tuxedo's reaction test wasn't prepared for that, its not a very useful reaction test. And also since he's still got the vote there, was it really a reaction test at all?
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:48 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 66, Micc wrote:VOTE: Tuxedo mask

I think his vote was pretty bad and the follow up attempts at explaining it aren't great. Of all the things to pick out from fwogcarf so far, I don't see how inconsistency can be the issue to focus on. fwogcarf was pretty clear the whole way that he was spend his time cracking jokes even if he suspected there'd be people on the playerlist who weren't up for that.

I also don't think Tuxedo's framing of his vote as a reaction test quite fits when the read he got off fwogcarf's reaction is neutral. I'd say players in general ignore RVS votes they get more often than giving any kind of reaction, so if Tuxedo's reaction test wasn't prepared for that, its not a very useful reaction test. And also since he's still got the vote there, was it really a reaction test at all?
Okay, let's try again.
fwogcarf has a goofy play style, that's fine. I read that as going no specific way or the other. Him ignoring my vote is consistent with that play style, IMO. So to me, it's neutral. I was hoping the conversation would evolve, as they say in #20 they're going to shit post till there is content. When I prod him for an RVS vote or two explain why he doesn't have one, he gives me the run-around. Saying he's all for it and not giving one, that to me reads inconsistent.

Though maybe I didn't put enough thought into getting ignored. I mean he's once again saying he'll wait for content but doesn't even acknowledge my vote onto him. That's a bit scummy.

As for my vote still being there, I can vote someone I think is acting scummy (even when no one else has acted) while simultaneously hope the vote sparks a reaction. My vote remaining there is because I'm happy with it, and have nowhere else to move it.

In a final attempt at making my POV absolutely clear, he has a jokey playstyle, so jokes to me are neutral. Outside of his playstyle, he mentions waiting for the game to get serious and have content while avoiding making content himself. And again, that's not the jokes, having a meme playstyle is just that a playstyle, but there is a disconnect between what they say and what they do.
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:27 am

Post by fwogcarf »

owo content
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:31 am

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 67, Tuxedo Mask wrote:

Okay, let's try again.
fwogcarf has a goofy play style, that's fine. I read that as going no specific way or the other. Him ignoring my vote is consistent with that play style, IMO. So to me, it's neutral. I was hoping the conversation would evolve, as they say in #20 they're going to shit post till there is content. When I prod him for an RVS vote or two explain why he doesn't have one, he gives me the run-around. Saying he's all for it and not giving one, that to me reads inconsistent.

Though maybe I didn't put enough thought into getting ignored. I mean he's once again saying he'll wait for content but doesn't even acknowledge my vote onto him. That's a bit scummy.

As for my vote still being there, I can vote someone I think is acting scummy (even when no one else has acted) while simultaneously hope the vote sparks a reaction. My vote remaining there is because I'm happy with it, and have nowhere else to move it.

In a final attempt at making my POV absolutely clear, he has a jokey playstyle, so jokes to me are neutral. Outside of his playstyle, he mentions waiting for the game to get serious and have content while avoiding making content himself. And again, that's not the jokes, having a meme playstyle is just that a playstyle, but there is a disconnect between what they say and what they do.
i thought your vote was rvs so it didnt deserve a reaction from me. if its serious though then usually i ask what the reason behind it is.
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

Spoiler:
In post 69, fwogcarf wrote:
In post 67, Tuxedo Mask wrote:

Okay, let's try again.

i thought your vote was rvs so it didnt deserve a reaction from me. if its serious though then usually i ask what the reason behind it is.

I can't read that as anything other than disingenuous. I cast an RVS vote (sorry Micc), then said to you we should start making content and began asking questions. I didn't like your answers, voted you, and continued asking questions. I don't see how you can mistake it for RVS.

But I don't wanna tunnel on you, so if other people can start posting that'd be great. I'm very bored in quarantine.

Aren't wagons considered more effective to move out of RVS?
In post 47, Gypyx wrote:Anyways for the tuxedo / fwogcarf interaction :

First of all, i really don't think it's two scums distanciating each other, because it looks like the don't want to do the same thing with the conversation, fwog just wants to talk about what tuxedo has asked him to talk about while tuxedo is trying to push the game in serious mode

And yeah, fwog is kind of contradictory with his apparent will of "getting into serious stage" but at the same time not doing much and kinda shitposting about what videos he's listening to
Like this.

And I like Petrichorus's intro.
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:52 am

Post by fwogcarf »

ok that's fine then
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:43 am

Post by Gypyx »

Could you explain how this is indicative of Tuxedo's alignement, all i see there is just that you show some fairly weak logic
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:54 am

Post by fwogcarf »

hey gypyx how you doing
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Gypyx
She/Her
Best Social Game

Best Social Game

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Gypyx »

Hi there, doing good, what are your current reads on the game?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”