Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Almost50 »

So, where we at?

Also: Nice to know Blake is Ank. Doesn't help me get a better read there though, so still a town lean is all.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:25 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1096, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1080, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1079, Gamma Emerald wrote:What has A50 been doing that’s odd? I consider myself a bit of an authority on his meta.
Perfect, you're just in time.

What is his meta?
In post 1081, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1079, Gamma Emerald wrote:What has A50 been doing that’s odd? I consider myself a bit of an authority on his meta.
also did you intend this to sound as defensive as it came across? or were you aiming for neutral?
His meta is doing weird things

And idk what about that seemed defensive? Are you saying I was being defensive of A50?
Yeah it had the vibe of a parent who thought someone had been making insinuations about their child. :lol:

I think A50 is definitely town anyway, so no issue there.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:26 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

ABR or hectic might be scum-- not sure there yet

i was promised something exciting, BM! unless i missed it
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:27 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Almost50 is TOWN.
Blake Belladonna is PROBABLY TOWN.

Remaining suspects:

Pine*
momo*
Morning Tweet
Elsa Jay
Gamma Emerald
VaultDweller
Vecna
Hectic
iDanyboy
GeorgeBailey
Drixx
davesaz
farside22
BBmolla
GuiltyLion
pisskop
Albert B. Rampage
xtoxm

Let's get to work! :D
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1102, Morning Tweet wrote:ABR or hectic might be scum-- not sure there yet

Sorry I'm on the case now. Was just busy losing my other mafia games... :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:30 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1104, Battle Mage wrote: Sorry I'm on the case now. Was just busy losing my other mafia games... :lol:
relatable

Blake seems like shed be super scary as scum from what im gathering, why does most of the game TL her?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Almost50 is TOWN - meta
Drixx is TOWN - open post reveal of hood, and subsequent near-obsession with hood, as well as general inquisitive tone reads strongly town.
Blake Belladonna is PROBABLY TOWN - meta
Gamma Emerald is TOWN LEAN - marginal, but townie vibes from ISO so far.

Remaining suspects:

Pine*
momo*
Morning Tweet
Elsa Jay
VaultDweller
Vecna
Hectic
iDanyboy
GeorgeBailey
davesaz
farside22
BBmolla
GuiltyLion
pisskop
Albert B. Rampage
xtoxm
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:44 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1090, Blake Belladonna wrote:
In post 919, Drixx wrote:@BB - no idea who you are. I generally don't go trying to work out who is an alt of whom unless someone is paying me the unpleasant kind of personal attention.
Blake Belladonna is an open Ankamius/Alyssa the Lamb alt.
So ... apparently blank votes are bad, right?

Also ... hi Ank.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Almost50 is TOWN - meta
Drixx is TOWN - open post reveal of hood, and subsequent near-obsession with hood, as well as general inquisitive tone reads strongly town.

Xtoxm is SCUM LEAN - slipped up early on and then struggled for a couple posts. Claimed not to be in any hoods, and this means she shouldn't be lynched. Wants to sheep - scummy. Claims farside is scum but won't lynch her to be nice. randomly claims to be town for no reason. Not scumbuddies with Pine.
Vaultdweller is MODERATE SCUM - claimed he didn't post in his hood for ages - what's he hiding? little contribution early, mostly cheap town reads, and trying to play probable town off against each other without getting too close to fire. Seems scared of ABR, so not scumbuddies. Pre-occupied with momo and Vecna.

Remaining suspects:

Pine*
momo*
Morning Tweet
Elsa Jay
Vecna
Hectic
iDanyboy
GeorgeBailey
davesaz
farside22
BBmolla
GuiltyLion
pisskop
Albert B. Rampage
Show

Nightkilled - 10

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:00 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 1099, momo wrote:
In post 1087, Hectic wrote:You don't just go from townreading someone and advocating not lynching them today (all of the above), to being "99%" sure they're scum. This is exactly the sort of false bravado and confidence scum like to exhibit, and sometimes gets them townread:
I disagree with this. Scum will try and keep their reads as consistent as possible to avoid suspicion, especially a player as active as ABR. It's hard to read ABR this game, but the fact that he was willing to make a noted change to his reads as the game progressed has to be counted as townpoints, def not scummy.
Counterpoint to that is that he has been vocal but not very in-depth on reads, so there are plenty of outs being left for natural looking changes.
I TR the motivation and willingness to change but very slightly suspect the lack of depth.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Battle Mage »

[quote="Battle Mage"]
Almost50 is TOWN - meta

GuiltyLion is NEUTRAL - sensible and believable thought processes, although continual "do you think I am scum though?" leaves a bad vibe, and early behaviour could be worth revisiting after some flips (not sure if he's just a vote-hopper by nature, or early-game jitters). Also not in a hood.

Xtoxm is SCUM LEAN - slipped up early on and then struggled for a couple posts. Claimed not to be in any hoods, and this means she shouldn't be lynched. Wants to sheep - scummy. Claims farside is scum but won't lynch her to be nice. randomly claims to be town for no reason. Not scumbuddies with Pine.
Pisskop is SCUM LEAN - generally town vibes, but I was really pinged by this "But I really do agree that we should be posting in our hoods" and "Why else would we not know our hoodmates?" followed by "I'd prefer we didnt talk about the hoods at all D1" and then "I dont have a hood". Hedging bets early on by implying he might be in a hood (when it was less clear who was in and who was out), referring to "our hoods" and "our hoodmates"? Or, less likely, a slip in reference to the scum PT? Probably not scum with ABR based on interaction.
Vaultdweller is MODERATE SCUM - claimed he didn't post in his hood for ages - what's he hiding? little contribution early, mostly cheap town reads, and trying to play probable town off against each other without getting too close to fire. Seems scared of ABR, so not scumbuddies. Pre-occupied with momo and Vecna.

Remaining suspects:

Pine*
momo*
Morning Tweet
Elsa Jay
Vecna
Hectic
iDanyboy
GeorgeBailey
davesaz
farside22
BBmolla
Albert B. Rampage
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:50 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1102, Morning Tweet wrote:ABR or hectic might be scum-- not sure there yet

Do you see people's reasons for calling me an Acolyte? It sounds like cutting corners and poor storytelling to me!

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:52 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Towniest at the top, scummiest at the bottom.

Almost50 is TOWN - meta
ABR is MODERATE TOWN - My head says probably town given his personality, the way he has stepped up to lead things, and the way people have reacted to it - in real time definitely felt like a panic-moment for scum. In my heart, I'm less sure, but clearly not a lynch in the short term.
Vecna is MODERATE TOWN - just lots of good townie vibes from his posts so far.
BBMola is TOWN LEAN - Interesting ISO, overall vibe is town, although protesting his own townie-ness isn't a great look. If my other reads were right, I could be interested in BBmola as a potential low-key scumpartner, but not one for now.

Hectic is NEUTRAL - more interested in flavour than game early. However overall vibe is confident, bombastic townie. If scum, probably not buddies with Dany - defence of him reads as pretty odd. Interaction with ABR of late rings alarm bells. Could be buddies with Elsa.
GuiltyLion is NEUTRAL - sensible and believable thought processes, although continual "do you think I am scum though?" leaves a bad vibe, and early behaviour could be worth revisiting after some flips (not sure if he's just a vote-hopper by nature, or early-game jitters). Also not in a hood.

Danyboy SCUM LEAN - early obsession with using flavour to break game is a minus. Scummy vibes from posting. Nervous about other's opinions, although picking out me and ABR as main targets would be ballsy play for scum.
Pisskop is SCUM LEAN - generally town vibes, but I was really pinged by this "But I really do agree that we should be posting in our hoods" and "Why else would we not know our hoodmates?" followed by "I'd prefer we didnt talk about the hoods at all D1" and then "I dont have a hood". Hedging bets early on by implying he might be in a hood (when it was less clear who was in and who was out), referring to "our hoods" and "our hoodmates"? Or, less likely, a slip in reference to the scum PT? Probably not scum with ABR based on interaction.
Momo is MODERATE SCUM - Hard to really quantify, mostly a strong gut feeling. I just get super scummy vibes from his posting, including the wording used. Something to meta later. Could definitely see him as scum with Danyboy. And potentially with VaultDweller.

I'm going to
Vote: Momo
while I finish...

Remaining suspects:

Pine*
Morning Tweet
Elsa Jay
GeorgeBailey
davesaz
farside22
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1087, Hectic wrote:You don't just go from townreading someone and advocating not lynching them today (all of the above), to being "99%" sure they're scum. This is exactly the sort of false bravado and confidence scum like to exhibit, and sometimes gets them townread:
I disagree with this. Scum will try and keep their reads as consistent as possible to avoid suspicion, especially a player as active as ABR. It's hard to read ABR this game, but the fact that he was willing to make a noted change to his reads as the game progressed has to be counted as townpoints, def not scummy.
This isn't true as a blanket statement at all, and varies from player to player. Are you aware of Albert's meta? Regardless, you need to look at each instance independently, and see if the switch is justified. Does his flip look justified based on that post I made? I really don't see it at all. I only surround myself with grey flags; you wouldn't find a red flag within touching distance of me.

VOTE: Albert

I want to hear the case, Albert.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:02 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1113, Hectic wrote:
This isn't true as a blanket statement at all, and varies from player to player. Are you aware of Albert's meta? Regardless, you need to look at each instance independently, and see if the switch is justified. Does his flip look justified based on that post I made? I really don't see it at all. I only surround myself with grey flags; you wouldn't find a red flag within touching distance of me.

This makes no sense.
If you think he is scum you should explain why.

In other news bm is warming my heart.
VOTE: xtoxm
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:12 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1114, farside22 wrote:
In post 1113, Hectic wrote:

This makes no sense.
If you think he is scum you should explain why.

In other news bm is warming my heart.
VOTE: xtoxm
I did. There's probably some bias in it but I've seen this sort of overblown confidence come more often from scum than town. Though actually, the fact Dany and Dave seem to see the same thing he does but not explain means maybe I am just blind to what I've done wrong,
or
they're lazing sheeping his confidence. OR they're scummily sheeping him and one of the other wagons is scum.

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Hectic »

Then again, I still get the feeling everyone in on some inside joke that I'm not aware of yet. Is this the part of the movie where I think I'm at a party hitting a pinata, but then it's revealed I'm on hallucigons and actually macheting a corpse? That's pretty morbid, Jigsaw.

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 1116, Hectic wrote:Then again, I still get the feeling everyone in on some inside joke that I'm not aware of yet. Is this the part of the movie where I think I'm at a party hitting a pinata, but then it's revealed I'm on hallucigons and actually macheting a corpse? That's pretty morbid, Jigsaw.

I don't see whatever it is they see, but your paranoia about it does smell pooey. :igmeou:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:30 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I'm kinda feeling aimless right now. I'm having a hard time feeling confident about the blocs of players on each wagon and no individual scumread that feels strong enough to merit a dedicated push. It's been a while since I've been in a game this large, it's a lot harder than 9p and 13p that I'm used to. I'm very wishy washy on a lot of key slots like Danyboy/davesaz/Hectic/Xtoxm and that's making me feel indecisive, sometimes I talk myself into reading them one way but then a few days later I can't hold onto that read as strongly anymore. and there haven't been big wagons to really make things more clear. I do like Battle Mage's entry back into the game.

gonna reread and see if I can find a vote I feel good about. I feel all I've got are a few solid active townreads (Vecna, Pine, Morning Tweet, A50, probably ABR too at this point) but they're all pushing different things and I don't entirely agree with any of them which makes it hard to sheep and feel good about it. farside is feeling better and better to me. I agree with Vecna that finding out that Blake is Ank weakens a townread there, she's usually more involved than this from my experience/memory.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 761, farside22 wrote:
In post 756, Pine wrote:On a similar note, can someone walk me through the BM wagon?
Gut/slimmy feeling when i see him buddy up to tweet.
I have a weird reason as well that I'd rather not explain.
Farside, I would really like to know this weird reason please. Thanks!
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1117, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 1116, Hectic wrote:Then again, I still get the feeling everyone in on some inside joke that I'm not aware of yet. Is this the part of the movie where I think I'm at a party hitting a pinata, but then it's revealed I'm on hallucigons and actually macheting a corpse? That's pretty morbid, Jigsaw.

I don't see whatever it is they see, but your paranoia about it does smell pooey. :igmeou:
Why? I know I'm not an Acolyte so of course I'm paranoid of whatever this mystery reason is and whether it actually even exists.

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:47 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think I'm back to this

VOTE: iDanyboy
In post 608, iDanyboy wrote:I'm scum reading BM/Albert then just above null towards scum is Momo,pisskop and farside.
In post 732, iDanyboy wrote: I think ABR pushing Vecna but never voting him is scummy and would like to know if anyone agrees or disagrees. Its the strongest read I have so would like to get some discussion on it.
In post 1072, iDanyboy wrote:VOTE: Hectic
Not a bad wagon.
these were some of the (admittedly few) reads given by iDanyboy prior to his vote on Hectic. At the time of voting Hectic, it was being championed by ABR, who danyBoy previously called his strongest scumread, and momo, who Danyboy called 'just above null towards scum', and davesaz who iDanyboy hasn't commented on at all. Why is this 'not a bad wagon' in that case? What caused him to re-evaluate so massively on ABR, and why was this not indicated to the thread?

and the more I think on it the more I think Hectic is town. I really don't think he'd be so sloppy as scum to take the angle he took with A50, disagreeing with his scumread over reasoning to scumread a mutual scumread. That feels too disorganized to me to be an artificial thought process.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I love it BM! Interesting that your gutread on Momo overrides the other scumleans, which have reasoning behind them. But i dont find that suspicious, im actually viewing that as a towny thing. i do feel like momo is one of those players who just kinda emits a scummy baseline regardless of alignment, though.

VOTE: Xtom

Pedit: maaan, am i gonna have to reevaluate iDany?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:57 am

Post by farside22 »

It's a bit old school, but ABR is pushing for reactions from what I can tell. I get the impression he is seeing how players react to each wagon and how they vote and what comes from it.
I haven't seen him do it (maybe a long time ago). The ABR I knew last time did a lot of lurking.
In post 1119, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 756, Pine wrote:On a similar note, can someone walk me through the BM wagon?
You are being way to nice and it is really making me think you are trying to please people. I remember you being more antagonistic in the past and this BM is someone I don't recognize. it gives me the hebbie jebbies.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 1123, farside22 wrote:

It's a bit old school, but ABR is pushing for reactions from what I can tell. I get the impression he is seeing how players react to each wagon and how they vote and what comes from it.
I haven't seen him do it (maybe a long time ago). The ABR I knew last time did a lot of lurking.
In post 1119, Battle Mage wrote:
You are being way to nice and it is really making me think you are trying to please people. I remember you being more antagonistic in the past and this BM is someone I don't recognize. it gives me the hebbie jebbies.
Sigh, I guess we'll find out. I'm actually gonna go back on Elsa for now. Want him to come back and wow us.

Battle Mage being really friendly is completely NAI nowadays btw. He just has that star quality about him now. Would be the protagonist if Gamma didn't exist.

VOTE: Elsa Jay

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”