VoteCount 1.2

votato [1] - chkflip
Something_Smart [2] - Knightmare491, SirCakez
chkflip [5] - DonCorleone, farside22, lilith2013, votato, Albert B. Rampage
Firebringer [1] - Vecna
SirCakez [3] - Paragon, Firebringer, eyestott

Not Voting [2]
- Iconeum, Something_Smart

With 14 alive it takes 8 votes to be chosen.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2020-05-02 23:35:31)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Paragon »

In post 226, SirCakez wrote:It was gut earlier. But it has solidified since.
What caused the read to solidify, SirCakez? How would you expect Something_Smart to react to the votes on him if his alignment were town? I think his was indirectly asking you how you had a read on his mostly contentless posts thus far.
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by Knightmare491 »

In post 45, Knightmare491 wrote:
In post 2, FakeGod wrote:

There are 8
Town
Roses
remaining.

I have something in mind to give us a slight edge. Will talk about it later.
So the plan is simple, we know we have 8 townies with roses, that means there's three with guns.
So one by one we just claim whether we have a gun or not. No need to claim what night it will be used on. That way we basically get 3 ICs and reduce the lynchpool by 3.
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 283, Paragon wrote:Albert, why is votato obvscum?

Lilith, why do you townread Cakez?
The way that Cakes described his scumread and tried to explain why he was scumreading SS lines up with the way I was feeling about SS's posts. I don't think Cakes was able to clearly articulate the scumread in a way that makes sense to others, and I myself have not attempted to do so because it would likely garner the same kind of reaction Cakes got. I still believe my SS read is correct, therefore I am leaning Cakes being town since I think how he came to this read is similar to how I came to mine. I would be surprised if a scum!Cakes happened to be on such a similar wavelength to me.
In post 292, Paragon wrote:Your vote is looking lonely and unused there, eyestort. Do you fancy joining me on cakez? He essentially sheeped someone else who gut read Something_Smart as scum without giving any reasons for it.
Cakes gave more reason than I ever did, are you scumreading him/why are you scumreading him over me?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 302, Knightmare491 wrote:

There are 8
Town
Roses
remaining.

So the plan is simple, we know we have 8 townies with roses, that means there's three with guns.
So one by one we just claim whether we have a gun or not. No need to claim what night it will be used on. That way we basically get 3 ICs and reduce the lynchpool by 3.
I don't think this works as easily as you think it does.... have you read any of the discussion above?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 296, chkflip wrote:All I see is SC saying they gut-scum-read S_S and that it has solidified since. Being that I'm in a similar boat, and genuinely do this on the regular, I'm not understanding how one can be accused of sheeping a gut read. Is your position basically that you think this is an instance of scum going with the flow of what they think is an easy wagon?
This is the first thing you've said this game that has not made me want to scream in frustration
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by Paragon »

In post 302, Knightmare491 wrote:So the plan is simple, we know we have 8 townies with roses, that means there's three with guns.
I see a flaw in your plan! What stops 1 of the scum from claiming gun? Do you still lynch in the guns aiming to hit them?

If you were joking, I apologise and give you permission to berate me.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

No I don't think he was joking...

There are 8
Town
Roses
remaining.

Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by Knightmare491 »

In post 304, lilith2013 wrote:I don't think this works as easily as you think it does.... have you read any of the discussion above?
I haven't read the thread yet, no.

I don't see what could go wrong with this.
If scum want to join in and say that they have a gun, then we know there is scum in the 4-6 people that claimed to have a gun.
Town shouldn't lie obviously, there's no need to lie and be trollie.
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by chkflip »

Ughhhh if I'm gonna vanity it's not gonna be there.

UNVOTE: votato
VOTE: Albert B. Rampage
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 309, chkflip wrote:Ughhhh if I'm gonna vanity it's not gonna be there.

UNVOTE: votato
VOTE: Albert B. Rampage
votato was a vanity wagon? wtf?
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by Knightmare491 »

In post 306, Paragon wrote:
In post 302, Knightmare491 wrote:So the plan is simple, we know we have 8 townies with roses, that means there's three with guns.
I see a flaw in your plan! What stops 1 of the scum from claiming gun? Do you still lynch in the guns aiming to hit them?

Scum either choose to give us 3 ICs or put themselves in the lynchpool. If all 3 scum choose to claim having a gun then we can make the 3 shoot the other 3.

~Rectiplanes
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 308, Knightmare491 wrote:
In post 304, lilith2013 wrote:I don't think this works as easily as you think it does.... have you read any of the discussion above?
I haven't read the thread yet, no.

I don't see what could go wrong with this.
If scum want to join in and say that they have a gun, then we know there is scum in the 4-6 people that claimed to have a gun.
Town shouldn't lie obviously, there's no need to lie and be trollie.
Yeah in your post above, you just said that massclaiming automatically gives us 3 ICs. It doesn't.

pedit: ??? but they're not claiming their nights so how are you going to make them shoot each other
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by chkflip »

In post 310, lilith2013 wrote:votato was a vanity wagon? wtf?
Perhaps my understanding of vanity voting is incorrect. I view votes off the main wagons, specifically votes that are by themself, are vanity votes. Obviously my vote (which was I wanna say 5th on the wagon) wasn't vanity at the point it happened. But now that it's by itself, unless I'm misusing the buzzword, it is.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by eyestott »

In post 302, Knightmare491 wrote:

There are 8
Town
Roses
remaining.

That’s an overly simplistic and incorrect way of looking at things
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Paragon »

In post 303, lilith2013 wrote:

The way that Cakes described his scumread and tried to explain why he was scumreading SS lines up with the way I was feeling about SS's posts. I don't think Cakes was able to clearly articulate the scumread in a way that makes sense to others, and I myself have not attempted to do so because it would likely garner the same kind of reaction Cakes got. I still believe my SS read is correct, therefore I am leaning Cakes being town since I think how he came to this read is similar to how I came to mine. I would be surprised if a scum!Cakes happened to be on such a similar wavelength to me.
In post 292, Paragon wrote:Your vote is looking lonely and unused there, eyestort. Do you fancy joining me on cakez? He essentially sheeped someone else who gut read Something_Smart as scum without giving any reasons for it.
Cakes gave more reason than I ever did, are you scumreading him/why are you scumreading him over me?
Interesting. I've played with Something_Smart before, and his agenda-less tone I've found to be NAI, is that where you think your read pertains from?

I dislike the way you've pushed Something_Smart for the same reasons I dislike Cakez. However, his vote and opinion of the vote being serious came after yours' which makes it slightly worse. I am Something_Smart's lawyer and he is paying me a lot of money right now.
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by Knightmare491 »

In post 312, lilith2013 wrote:Yeah in your post above, you just said that massclaiming automatically gives us 3 ICs. It doesn't.

pedit: ??? but they're not claiming their nights so how are you going to make them shoot each other
Well it kinda does tbh

Yeah I'm not asking them to claim their nights, but they will have a pool to shoot in basically. I'm assuming most vig would have chosen either n 1/2 anyway. This way they do not end up shooting town roses,

~Rectiplanes
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:25 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 313, chkflip wrote:
In post 310, lilith2013 wrote:votato was a vanity wagon? wtf?
Perhaps my understanding of vanity voting is incorrect. I view votes off the main wagons, specifically votes that are by themself, are vanity votes. Obviously my vote (which was I wanna say 5th on the wagon) wasn't vanity at the point it happened. But now that it's by itself, unless I'm misusing the buzzword, it is.
so are you still scumreading ABR for the same reasons then? why ABR over votato at this point
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 316, Knightmare491 wrote:
In post 312, lilith2013 wrote:Yeah in your post above, you just said that massclaiming automatically gives us 3 ICs. It doesn't.

Well it kinda does tbh

Yeah I'm not asking them to claim their nights, but they will have a pool to shoot in basically. I'm assuming most vig would have chosen either n 1/2 anyway. This way they do not end up shooting town roses,
I'm by no means an expert on setup, but general consensus in the previous 3 games seems to be that claiming is bad.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by Paragon »

In post 311, Knightmare491 wrote:
In post 306, Paragon wrote:

Scum either choose to give us 3 ICs or put themselves in the lynchpool. If all 3 scum choose to claim having a gun then we can make the 3 shoot the other 3.
Why are you assuming scum ever put more than 1 of them as gun claims? One of them will fakeclaim gun, and so lynching in the gun pool is going for 1/4 chance of scum if we do this. Lynching in this game regularly is going for 3/13 chance of lynching scum, which is actually only marginally lower odds than your strategy which requires a mass claim and giving scum all the cards.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 315, Paragon wrote:
In post 303, lilith2013 wrote:

Interesting. I've played with Something_Smart before, and his agenda-less tone I've found to be NAI, is that where you think your read pertains from?

I dislike the way you've pushed Something_Smart for the same reasons I dislike Cakez. However, his vote and opinion of the vote being serious came after yours' which makes it slightly worse. I am Something_Smart's lawyer and he is paying me a lot of money right now.
It's not something I can properly explain and I've already said in this thread that I'm backing off until I have something substantive that I can provide.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by chkflip »

Because if my vote is going to be by itself (the two highest wagons that aren't me don't really appeal to me rn, i.e. I don't see the case), it's not going to hang out on a new player you lot are giving a free pass to after they just openly admitted to purposefully trying to townslip. It's not a hill I feel like dying on, sorry.

The initial gut ping from ABR hasn't been swayed by their recent posting. I understand where you're coming from re: my bus theory only being plausible if vot is scum and, therefore, that's where my vote should be; however, to reiterate, if I'm going to solo vote I'm not solo voting there.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by Paragon »

In post 163, lilith2013 wrote:I’m on board with a chkflip wagon. farside is right, I’m tunneling and that’s my b. I’ll revisit SS later.

VOTE: chkflip
Lilith, why did Faraide convince you that you were tunneling rather than correct about an early gut scumread?
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Paragon »

*Farside

Don't do it, chk
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 321, chkflip wrote:Because if my vote is going to be by itself (the two highest wagons that aren't me don't really appeal to me rn, i.e. I don't see the case), it's not going to hang out on a new player you lot are giving a free pass to after they just openly admitted to purposefully trying to townslip. It's not a hill I feel like dying on, sorry.

The initial gut ping from ABR hasn't been swayed by their recent posting. I understand where you're coming from re: my bus theory only being plausible if vot is scum and, therefore, that's where my vote should be; however, to reiterate, if I'm going to solo vote I'm not solo voting there.
I don't see anything in your ISO that indicates you believe ABR is scum based on their play alone. afaik, all of the things you pointed to were based on bussing. so can you explain what is pinging you about ABR if you don't think votato is his scumbuddy? or are you still scumreading votato and so the bus theory is still your main reason for scumreading ABR?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”