Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:45 am

Post by iamausername »

strife220 wrote:If BlakAdder
has
an uncountered powerrole, I say we vote for an extension at that time
Possible slip?

If BA claims a power role, regardless of countering, I say we vote for an extension at that time. If he claims cop, we don't want a counter, because there might be two of them and it would prove nothing.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:29 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Rogueben wrote: Prods going out to Iron Man and orangepenguin.
I'm here.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:30 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Also, I don't think we should extend, unless BlackAdder claims without a counter.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Muerrto »

silence wrote:Wanting to lynch/vig a mason for the reason that he is not a powerrole makes no sense. If we want to avoid powerroles might as well no-lynch. Besides, we have a claimed vanilla (also a non-powerrole, and higher chance of being scum).
vote: Muerrto
How do I even respond to someone who lurks then comes back and doesn't read the thread?

Try again and I'll attempt to respond to you =p
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by Iron Man »

Sorry for the lack of posting, I've been really busy IRL and will hopefully get some free time tomarrow.
I'm back.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:58 am

Post by strife220 »

Happy 'BlakAdder should get back so we can lynch/change directions soon' day
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:03 am

Post by Korts »

strife220 wrote:Happy 'BlakAdder should get back so we can lynch/change directions soon' day
Oh, we're celebrating today? I dunno how I could've forgotten, didn't even get any presents...
scumchat never die
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh, we're celebrating today?
Apparently not. BA is still no showing here at least.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by BlakAdder »

Don't count me out yet, FL. I got back just a little while ago, and I've reread everything.
I hate to give another claim during Day One, but I'll do it anyway.
I am a vanilla townie.
No, I'm not a power role, sorry to say. Right now, my vote stands as is, though.
Game Record (W-L-T)
Town: 1-2-1
Mafia: 1-2-0
Third-party: 1-0-0
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, that's basically sealed lynch. Should have claimed it like Greasy Spot did in that one game he got nommed for a scummy in.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by strife220 »

forbiddanlight wrote:Should have claimed it like Greasy Spot did in that one game he got nommed for a scummy in.
What?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

What?
I was reading the scummy noms today and Greasy claimed regular townie in a rather amusing manner.
-StrangerCoug

ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by ting =) »

Okay, I was going to post once I've finished reading everything, but I'm only at page 16 right now, and deadline is coming, so I figured I should try and at least get some thoughts out. Working on the other 9 pages now.

People I'd be willing to vote for by page 16: SC, FL, BA.

----

Okay, I'm typing this as I read through, and I'm inserting things here and there when relevant, so this might be rather messy. Oh, and you can ignore questions if you've answered them already at some later time.

I don't like rofl's 'trap.' It's something that again anyone could walk into, whether they're town or scum, for reasons that could be either town-ish or scummy. I also don't like the way rofl reacted to Korts. I would have done the same thing as Korts. His question wasn't valid for exactly the reason armlx said in 51.

Oh, he's mason. Geez. I don't agree with your logic on armlx, or your insistence on korts being his partner based on the fact that he disagreed with you on it. Also don't think you should have claimed. You've helped the town, yes, but just as much as you've helped the scum.
fl wrote:I'm not ready to vote you yet, but should a wagon appear on you, I will sure as hell join it.
First thing that seriously set off alarm bells in my head.

Rofl apparently doesn't like it either, but still goes for armlx. Ugh. I really hope I don't have to read 20 pages of tunneling.
vamp wrote:vote:forbidden light i agree with the others points
I
really
don't like this. Especially since I have a meta on townvamp that he doesn't like to vote, even when there's big cases.

Huh? Why'd you claim FL? You were so far a way from a lynch. Why so iffy?

Don't like Ironman's post 160. Kind of hypocritical to accuse both FL and vamp of being opportunistic when his post is pretty much just as opportunistic.

Ugh. Sun Tzu's 170 is just as bad. Korts calls out Sun Tzu on it. I agree with you Korts, but why did you call ST on it when Ironman's 160 was essentially the same?
fl wrote:I do however feel if a wagon did form on you, someone would point out what my intuition was going off on, so I'd feel better about voting you
Huh? So you're fine with voting based on no justification other than your intuition, and then having your vote justified later by
other people?

GS coming under suspicion for his unwillingess to answer questions. Could you maybe see it as just him being slightly pricky? His later actions to iamusername like
vote: iamausername for being too stupid to be a townie.
read more like prickiness than scuminess.

I don't like Lowell's, 'I'll tell you who's scum once I get more protown vibes.' That's not scumhunting. That's a cheap out so you don't have to attack people and make a case on them.

Korts was fishing? It read more like an obsevation. He didn't do anything that would have prompted people to out themselves in response, consciously or otherwise.

Hmm. I don't think the Korts-rolefishing thing was a big deal. It looked more like an observation at first glance. I have to crane my head to the side a bit and squint to get the malicious rolefishing point of view some people were pointing out.
fl wrote:I prefer a Vamp lynch, since it is obvious we aren't going to get any insightful play from him,
as well as
the fact he's been playing scummy.
? The fact that he's been playing scummy is just an afterthought to you? Also, I disagree with any philosophy along the lines of, 'player x is useless to town, let's lynch him!' There will always be antitown people in every town. Lynching them in every game
just because
is just as antitown.
fl wrote:But, it's not JUST a policy lynch. Can you say with full honestly Vamp hasn't been scummy? The policy is a factor, but to be honest his play has just been really scummy. That's the main reason I support it.
Contradicts above.

Armlx grows a serious-er wagon this time, with korts on it. Don't buy it. The reasons Korts gave in his pbpa of armlx aren't as solid as the reasons he had for his earlier votes. The armlx case is weak. It honestly reads more like an omgus. I think you're both town though, have since the beginning.

SC goes to armlx following korts, right after he had switched his vote to blackadder following roflcopter. This is like the most blatant wagoning ever. You've gone along with anyone who's posted a serious case on anyone. Ugh.

Wow. Semantics argument between korts and armlx over the word 'only' spanning 10ish posts. I think the whole, 'no,
you're
misrepresenting me' thing was made out to be bigger than it was.

Korts is called on his case being weak by jordan but sticks to his guns. Hm.

Man.
I can't read fl's 303. Everything's just strung together.

Hmm. Strife makes a good point about Korts being protown early on as having a clouding effect on later actions. I'll reread him in isolation once I'm done plowing through 29 pages.

Hmm. A lot of people seem to like fl's 303. I'll go have another look at it.

Lowell is still doing his town vibe thing at page 13. Does anyone have a meta on lowell? It's irking me. I think I have to reread his posts in isolation later too.

Hmm. I don't like how blakadder answered for tin. He cites his reason as being
It's not that I'm supporting Tin or anything,
I just don't like false accusations.
Despite the fact that there were lots of other accusations flying around at that time. Why defend that accusation in particular? His defence of it is,
I don't know. I speak (or, rather, post) without thinking a lot.
which I also don't like. That's a cheap out.

Korts is still going after armlx after admitting it's a weak case. Why dude? Do you trust your gut that much?

I'm at post... 354. I just noticed that fl does a lot of FOSing. Maybe it's a playstle thing, but I hardly ever FOS, and I don't like FOSs. I'm rather wary of FOSers.
silence wrote:So far, I haven't found anyone doing anything that I would find clearly scummy (especially if there is a reasonable explanation for StrangerCougs FoS).
Anyway, I don't know if it is even possible to obtain a better-than-random lynch D1.
Therefore, at this point,
I would go for forbiddanlight who is a claimed vanilla.
Another candidates are BlakAdder who wants to rely on unexplained intuition and Vamparific who seems to have disappeared.
Urgh. Uber do not like. Especially the bold. The whole thing reads like, 'let's just lynch
someone.
' The italicized is also horrible.

Post 361. Ironman makes a lot of posts along the lines of:
this game moves extremely quickly. I'm still trying to catch up and form an intelligent analysis. I've kinda skimmed over the last few pages, but I currently have nothing to comment on as of yet. Maybe later.
I need to skim through a game of his and see if that's standard from him or lurky.

371. I lol'd. Also, just realized that I should have been putting post numbers since the beginning of this read, just to make things easier for people to find what I'm talking about. Also, just realized that if I were in the others' shoes, I'd probably only just be skimming through this.

386, SC. Huh? That was a rather quick vote/unvote for very little in both the vote and the unvote.

--

People who've struck me as lurky and i'm wary of: sun tzu, ironman, tin. If I missed anyone, then they haven't been posting enough for me to even catch their names.
ting =)
ting =)
Mafia Scum
ting =)
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by ting =) »

silence wrote:I just stated that might be what I would do if I had to decide now, as I haven't been convinced about anyone to be likely to be scum.
I don't like that you haven't had a firm stance on anyone all day. Your pushing for fl just because she claimed vanilla, and for vamp saying he's a better lynch without giving any reasons also rub me the wrong way.

420/421: I don't like either. 420 is wagonning post that's just long enough so it looks like you're contributing something new to the case. The reason behind 421 is just.. meh.

424,Sun Tzu: Huh? You were being voted for active lurking, and all you post is
I'mnot making any jokes this game.
428: Strife is very happy with his Korts vote. You seem really convinced of his scuminess, since you've posted, 'happy with korts vote' quite a bit already. Could you point me to the post where you made a case on him? I haven't seen anything that would make me as confident in a Korts vote as you are.

441: Rofl, you're near-completely-confirmed-town, not god. Stop trying to use your confirmedness as grounds for pushing your cases. That they're coming from a pro-town person doesn't make them right.

WHOA. SC claims vig. Huh. That's... a convenient claim. Whether you're the vig, sk or mafia, you can 'confirm' your 'vigness' by killing someone of our choice. Hm. Of course if you're lying, the vig will just kill you anyway.

Oh. Armlx and Korts say this is just standard Lowell. If they're both agreeing on this..

525: SC, don't, you know, vig me. GS' joke does not sound funny to me, but it
is
a joke.

530: WTF? I don't know if this is genuine or a newbie card overkill.
korts wrote:I analyzed you. I didn't get proof. I'm still convinced you're scum. What to do but vote you?
No.

Hm. I don't get all the suspicion on Muerrto based on his, 'vig the masons!' plan. He's pointing out that everyone's just giving rofl a free pass, something which would be awesomeness for scum. The obvious wifomness of rofl's claim hurts my head, but not enough that I'm not going to take it at face value for now. I don't agree with his plan of vigging the masons, but I can see where he's coming from.
muerrto wrote:Can you list his actions? I thought he was scummy because he HAD NO actions. That doesn't quite apply to me.
Lack of actions is just as bad scummy actions. It's lurky. Also, the whole him casting a vote thing, and him not doing anything to try and clear his name from suspicion.

I just realized that I've been mostly just looking at vamp through the corner of my eye because of all the louder people.
armlx wrote:There is no reason scum would claim masons here Muerrto, especially right into a potential 2 for 1 counter claim.
And it's
exactly
for this reason that if I were scum, I'd claim mason. The sheer, 'but scum wouldn't do that!'ness of it.. Not calling rofl scum btw. I just disagree with the FOSs on Mue. The things Mue said on this(minus the vigging plan) are things that have gone through my head at some point, and I know I'm town, so if his thought processes are the same.. I still don't like vamp though.

Fonz and Armlx start going for GS. The whole, 'iamusername never said..' 'gs never said..' is a semantics argument much like when armlx and korts got heated up over the whole, 'only' thing.

--

Whew. Done. I think GS was being stubborn, not scum, and I think the arguments on him are nitpicking.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:08 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

ting =), who, in your opinion, should I vig?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:56 am

Post by strife220 »

ting =) wrote: 428: Strife is very happy with his Korts vote. You seem really convinced of his scuminess, since you've posted, 'happy with korts vote' quite a bit already. Could you point me to the post where you made a case on him? I haven't seen anything that would make me as confident in a Korts vote as you are.

Check my 11th to 15th post. Biggest point was how terrible his case against Armix.

I often add that I'm happy with a particular vote to emphasize that my vote isn't random, isn't just for pressure, and/or isn't just for lack of a good place to have the vote. Perhaps a bit redundant in a game with frequent vote counts, but it's a sort-of habit.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:02 am

Post by strife220 »

ebwop:
lets lynch blakadder now please. L-2, no need to wait until deadline, gogo
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:46 am

Post by roflcopter »

ting wrote:That they're coming from a pro-town person doesn't make them right.
no, but it does make me awesome.

sc you should vig muerrto

unvote, vote: blakadder

ps ting i know ironman is lurky and whatnot but he's my mason partner so you should take him off your little list of probably lurkerscum.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:05 am

Post by Muerrto »

Ugh...I can only hope no one is listening to any of your posts Rofl...

'It does make me awesome' and then a vote with no content and suggest to vig someone, something you said earlier was a BAD idea?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Korts »

I don't think that was rofl who said that, Muerrto.
scumchat never die
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:27 am

Post by armlx »

Ting: Where did I "go for GS"?

BA is definitely the lynch about now.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:47 am

Post by The Fonz »

@Ting:

There is more than semantics to the GS case. He implied there was a case on one but not the other, and yet said that there was nothing to choose between them. Fairly substantial contradiction imho.
silence
silence
Goon
silence
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by silence »

Muerrto wrote:How do I even respond to someone who lurks then comes back and doesn't read the thread?

Try again and I'll attempt to respond to you =p
What should I want you to 'respond' to? Based on your pushing for anti-town strategies I consider you more likely to be scum than other players. I don't know how something said by you would change that.

Anyway, I think BlakAdder is an ok lynch (if for nothing else, at least to avoid outing further power roles).
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

roflcopter wrote:sc you should vig muerrto
I was asking ting =), but unless there are any objections I'll lynch Muerrto.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by Muerrto »

StrangerCoug wrote:
roflcopter wrote:sc you should vig muerrto
I was asking ting =), but unless there are any objections I'll lynch Muerrto.
You'll hit a townie and I'll laugh if the masons are false. But do what you want. I'm not sure what kind of case anyone has on me other than I think testing the mason's is a good idea. And I still do...

Also, SC killing someone only proves he's either an SK OR a Vig, not a Vig.

Oh well, good luck town.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”