chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:45 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 675, chkflip wrote:
In post 175, chkflip wrote:
In post 171, chkflip wrote:Pagetop.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:45 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 722, DonCorleone wrote:
In post 715, Vecna wrote:
In post 677, chkflip wrote:
In post 674, DonCorleone wrote:I don't really understand why people are TRing Lilith either tbh. Is it just because she's got the most posts or?
:lol: Right? Nah it's probably a mindmeld thing.
I actually wanna lynch this now.

VOTE: Chkflip
Why chkflip and not votato?
Votato is town, and a silly mislynch
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:46 am

Post by Vecna »

Also, unrelated, but I buy ABR's thing of "this is not a try-hard game" for ~reasons~
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:50 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 724, Vecna wrote:Also, there seems to be this whiff of "im saying these things because im being questioned for things". He suddenly reverts to like, very fluffy responses at times, instead of biting back. Leads me to question whether its the real deal or he's responding based on what the situation warrants.
This is probably the fairest take I've ever seen someone have of me. Our last game made me kinda look inward and I want to make sure I don't go that far with anyone basically ever again. It made me too angry, I was ultimately wrong, and it hurt the game. I made a promise in post that I wouldn't do that again and I'm making steps toward chilling the fuck out and just going with the flow.

Don't worry, I don't like me either.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:51 am

Post by DonCorleone »

I don't really understand your votato read, Vecna. What confuses me is that you also had some doubts around Lilith if my memory of your ISO is correct. If chkflip hopping onto the "hmm yeah maybe we should look at Lilith" wagon prompted by my post pinged you about him, but votato doing the same thing
didn't
then I don't get it. Or more like I don't get why that specifically prompted you to want to vote chkflip.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:54 am

Post by Vecna »

hmmm
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:04 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 729, DonCorleone wrote:I don't really understand your votato read, Vecna. What confuses me is that you also had some doubts around Lilith if my memory of your ISO is correct. If chkflip hopping onto the "hmm yeah maybe we should look at Lilith" wagon prompted by my post pinged you about him, but votato doing the same thing
didn't
then I don't get it. Or more like I don't get why that specifically prompted you to want to vote chkflip.
Just to clear it up, it wasnt just the specific quoted post, but more like an assortment of things that happened between my ABR vote and my switch.

It didnt really have much to do with his stance on lilith. I questioned lilith recently for her jump onto potato. Dont think ive really had any takes/interactions with her slot besides that - and that particular interaction made her look good enough for now.

That reactions that CHK just gave gives me major pause though. Im asking myself if scum is ever gonna go that far appealing to my sense of ego for being "that great" for picking up on something so subtle, or if its just town-him realizing he's achieved some subtle chances in his playstyle. I guess even scum can do the latter.

I dno.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:24 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 726, Vecna wrote:
In post 722, DonCorleone wrote:
In post 715, Vecna wrote:
In post 677, chkflip wrote:
In post 674, DonCorleone wrote:I don't really understand why people are TRing Lilith either tbh. Is it just because she's got the most posts or?
:lol: Right? Nah it's probably a mindmeld thing.
I actually wanna lynch this now.

VOTE: Chkflip
Why chkflip and not votato?
Votato is town, and a silly mislynch
Why does votato read town?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:32 am

Post by Vecna »

Its just the impression I get when reading his posts. He calls shit as he sees it, isnt afraid to piss people off, and is generally just flailing about in a way id expect a towny to do that is somewhat newer to this.

Its not a strong super-confident read, and im not gonna use much energy to oppose this wagon if thats what a majority wants, but I wont be voting there,
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:37 am

Post by chkflip »

I read it as the opposite. I think he comes in trying to appear like all those things and to me it's just like

and I don't like it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:50 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 733, Vecna wrote:Its just the impression I get when reading his posts. He calls shit as he sees it, isnt afraid to piss people off, and is generally just flailing about in a way id expect a towny to do that is somewhat newer to this.

Its not a strong super-confident read, and im not gonna use much energy to oppose this wagon if thats what a majority wants, but I wont be voting there,
That's fair. I don't agree with you, I think Chkflip hit the nail more closer to my thoughts.

Here is an oxymoron: viewtopic.php?p=11766721#p11766721
Knight is town for discussing massclaim, but no one else can because they are scum? He didn't point to anyone and many were discussing it because, guess what it was a discussion that Knight brought up.
Vote low hanging fruit: viewtopic.php?p=11768783#p11768783
And finally his town reads: viewtopic.php?p=11768820#p11768820
Like really, eyeslott and Paragon!
Paragon isn't even the top of my town list. He barely post and made a few points and has gone MIA since. And yes as the game goes on my read on him goes down. I see scum make a few good post and disappear after so that is why I'm on the edge with him.
But lets say he thought players discussing the massclaim were scum, why not say who and why? Why not vote for them?
He's obviously played mafia before, because he said as much. So I will not coddle a player that played and knows how to fake town tells.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:03 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 626, votato wrote:i re-read chkflip's iso, and yeah, there's probably not a lot there other than a shitty personality. UNVOTE: chkflip
i'll stand by my comment that ico isn't saying much. A bunch of social posts, a bunch of mech talk, some sheeping, but not much in the way of contributing to gamesolving. VOTE: iconeum

The newbie card is basically the only card I have, so please forgive me for playing it. By becoming LHF at least the game moves forward with a real wagon and there's some interesting interaction to analyze. For example, who was pushing both for KM and myself? Going for two separate LHF wagons would be interesting.
In post 627, chkflip wrote:Whelp.

VOTE: votato

L-2
What triggered this vote, chk?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:04 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 718, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 713, lilith2013 wrote:Okay then.... WHY do you think he was only engaging with the chkflip slot?
Because he's a newbie and doesn't know what the hell to do?
I think you’re giving too much leeway to “newb” him when he clearly has the ability to analyze wagons and also knows more mafia terminology than I do. Also: Engagement is not dependent on experience. I’m not even talking about pushing, but as a newbie I was completely capable of holding conversations with people in the thread and asking them what their reads were and I’d assume any newbie would at least be able to do that. Votato seems capable enough of throwing out reads once there’s votes on him, why not post it any time before that and try to interact with people to solidify those reads?
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Paragon »

Iconuem's been poor so far. Most of his content is talking about whether day 1 scum lynches are good, and reinforcing the fact we shouldn't lynch day 1. Any hot pings so far, Iconeum?

VOTE: Iconeum
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:09 am

Post by Paragon »

*that we shouldn't massclaim day 1
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:09 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 736, Paragon wrote:What triggered this vote, chk?
The newbie card.
Paragon
Paragon
Goon
Paragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Paragon »

In post 583, Iconeum wrote:
In post 578, chkflip wrote:Zero engagement. Zero effort. Zero attempts at formulating anything in thread. I'm not interested in vottato at this venture. In the off chance my gut was right and they're connected, vottato will give me his other partner without realizing he's doing it.

Shit or get off the pot, Rampage. Let's go.
VOTE: votato
He wasn't talking about votato there, so why vote him?
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:11 am

Post by eyestott »

In post 735, farside22 wrote:
In post 733, Vecna wrote:Its just the impression I get when reading his posts. He calls shit as he sees it, isnt afraid to piss people off, and is generally just flailing about in a way id expect a towny to do that is somewhat newer to this.

That's fair. I don't agree with you, I think Chkflip hit the nail more closer to my thoughts.

Knight is town for discussing massclaim, but no one else can because they are scum? He didn't point to anyone and many were discussing it because, guess what it was a discussion that Knight brought up.
Paragon isn't even the top of my town list. He barely post and made a few points and has gone MIA since. And yes as the game goes on my read on him goes down. I see scum make a few good post and disappear after so that is why I'm on the edge with him.
But lets say he thought players discussing the massclaim were scum, why not say who and why? Why not vote for them?
He's obviously played mafia before, because he said as much. So I will not coddle a player that played and knows how to fake town tells.
Okay you make some good points.

But I still prefer my knight in shining armour.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:13 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Farside, can you explain your thought progression from “votato is a newb stop pushing him for a townslip he wouldn’t have known to make as a newb” to this post?
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:14 am

Post by eyestott »

What I mean to say is that I’m not opposed to a votato lynch, but I’m still more confident that Knight is scum.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:15 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 738, Paragon wrote:Iconuem's been poor so far. Most of his content is talking about whether day 1 scum lynches are good, and reinforcing the fact we shouldn't lynch day 1. Any hot pings so far, Iconeum?

Lossing town points more and more.
lilith2013 wrote:

Farside, can you explain your thought progression from “votato is a newb stop pushing him for a townslip he wouldn’t have known to make as a newb” to this post?
I never played with the guy and I thought he was newb in my head. Looking back and rereading I realized I missed that he played before and how he postured himself to know how to fake a town slip.

In short. I got tunneled onto other things.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:15 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 738, Paragon wrote:Iconuem's been poor so far. Most of his content is talking about whether day 1 scum lynches are good, and reinforcing the fact we shouldn't lynch day 1. Any hot pings so far, Iconeum?

In post 739, Paragon wrote:*that we shouldn't massclaim day 1
How is this different from the knightmare slot? Knightmare has pretty much only talked about pros of massclaims and eyestott being scummy for arguing with him about massclaiming
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:16 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 745, farside22 wrote:I never played with the guy and I thought he was newb in my head. Looking back and rereading I realized I missed that he played before and how he postured himself to know how to fake a town slip.

In short. I got tunneled onto other things.
Fair enough
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:18 am

Post by farside22 »

I should point out for future reference....most times I have the attention span of a gnat. When I'm chasing other idea's and I ignore things in the game. Then someone else says something and I'm like a dog that goes "Squirel" and chase that down next.
It gets really bad some days.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:19 am

Post by votato »

i played a handful of games on another site more than a decade ago. I was not by any means an expert, and probably not even good. I'm starting totally fresh in terms of game-knowledge, effectively. All of the knowledge I have is from reading the wiki and from the one game I started prior to this one (again, still ongoing, can't really say much).
I thought I was having some interactions with people, but if you disagree, sorry - I'll try to step it up. I wanted to throw a few thoughts out there and see how people reacted. I'll contribute more later on but mostly want to read for now and get a feel for the game. I have been contributing my thoughts as I have them, but I'm not yet confident in any of my reads. I feel like its still pretty early anyway to have people locked in as either town or scum. As the game progresses I'll probably get more vocal and more confident.

The reason i dont see KM as scummy for talking about the massclaim is that KM is new. I also have some experience with KM to go off of, and don't read him as scum. The rest of you should know better than beating a dead horse about the massclaim.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”