Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by Iron Man »

Sorry, busy in RL.

I'm not sure what your waiting on me for? Is it the roleclaim?

I'll just come out and say it then. My role is the Announcer. My ability is that I can target a person each night. If that person performs a night action that targets a specific peron, then the taget is switched to another randomly selected target.

The only reason I hinted my role in the beginning was because at the time, I didnt actually consider this a serious mafia game. To tell the truth, I was kinda screwing
around. I thought this game was meant for a joke really. I wasnt trying to break anything or ruin the game in any way. I was just having a bit of fun.

I know that the rest of you will state that such actoins derailed the flow of the game and distacted from teh scum hunting. Looking back, I completely agree with this. I realize that now. At the time, I was just trying to make a bit of light fun. Honest.
I'm back.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:17 pm

Post by SpyreX »

What was he hoping to accomplish by mentioning what happened to him last night, and how specifically did he think it might help the town? More importantly, did he accomplish what he hoped to accomplish?
I mentioned the bridgekeeper because, when I initially saw it, I thought it was a scummy role - far too much power for the town, but a great tool to pick and choose for scum.

Now, why I wanted to know if anyone else was visited - its pretty simple. I, when I saw it, was surprised that I was the target; yes, there would obviously be questions about my role after day 1 but a town power role of that magnitude using it on me would be silly. I wanted to try to eliminate the option of it being some REALLY bizzare multi-target role as well as eliminating the gambit of, when my information came out, a scum going "Ohh, me too" and causing an issue.

So, finding out that no one else was visited by the bridgekeeper helped make me clear on my initial train of thought of me either targeting a vanilla or the bridgekeeper (as you'll see below, thats been screwed up though).

I wasn't EVER trying to have you believe that there were two French Taunters in the game - like I said, that was the one part I thought she was lying about. As is, I have to accept that there are two but the role and alignment were different. Without another scum dead I can't really speculate on why they would do that, but I have a couple ideas.

If you've got more questions just let me know, I'll try to be as clear as I can. I've been up for a long time so I'm a little addled but, I had to post. :P

But, guess what. I've got a big problem with some revelations that just occured.

My target last night was Strap.

So, explain to me how you had a night action that got you some result about Mr. Vibrating when I taunted you? Apparetnly you're not the Bridgekeeper so someone can testify to getting my confirmation that this WAS in fact my target if it becomes an issue.

Vote: Strap

Until this is cleared up in some fashion I've sure got to believe you've lied in this mess. Now it should be really obvious why I asked how you knew, also.

I'll start the one chain of events that would clear this some: Iron Man, did you target ME with your night action last night?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:31 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Well at frist I wasn't sure the bridgekeeper was an anti-town role, but if strappado is the bridgekeeper, that changes things! I thought it was suspicious how she began soft claiming after K7 said something about her night action -- like she was worried she was going to be exposed so started laying ground for a fake claim or plausable explanation for whatever evidence there was against her.

Now that it seems she is the bridgekeeper, and has been lying about it, her behavior seems even scummier.

vote strappado

Also, I think IM should tell who he targetted last night because that could help clear things up if in fact this is all some sort of misunderstanding. My mind boggles at the night actions last night if K7 has some connectiong to PF, who has some knowledge of strappado's night action, which was redirected by spyrex the taunter. That's confusing enough even if nobody else had a hand in all that!
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:07 am

Post by PokerFace »

Ok I'll adress a few things that have been going here. My brother was moved in and I drank after that. I had to follow the Bruce's 4th rule. Words to the wise, beers like Natural Light and Natural Ice are like Making Love in a Canoe. They're Fucking Close To Water. I will never drink those again no matter how low on cash I get. I am awake and sober now so let's do this.

I have some problems with Strappado and some problems with SpyreX. Until at least one these problems are cleared up or figured out I won't be voting one over the other.

Problem with SpyreX,

Last night I did indeed target Elvis. My role is rather complicated with how my night action works and gets modified. I brought up my night action early today after giving out some crumbs yesterday in an attempt to find a pattern in its translations, so perhaps I can eventually actually be able to use it for something more after I find some
smokes and matches
. Not sure what I'd use it for then but i'll figure something out. Should anyone get a mysterious perverted message tonight understand that it really is me and what I am actually asking for from you has been underlined so hook me up.
If someone wants to claim to be the person with these materials that would make things easier.
Otherwise I have been left to comtiplate the possibility that my search may be futile and that my roles true purpose would then escape me. With that there are more confusing features that I will not mention at this time about my role. Considering the craziness of my role I am willing to believe a bridgekeeper could exist but there is still a problem here.

Early today, Elvis said she "thought" it was me that targeted her. I assume this means she did not recieve confirmation of it being me. She was not told it was PokerFace or that the person targeting her was yes "The Dirty Hungarian Tourist" (come on I made it too obvious).
And if Elvis wasn't told it was me outside of following my crumbs and guessing, then how was SpyreX told he was targeted by the bridgekeeper?

There is more to my problem with SpyreX then just this. I don't want to reveal that part just yet. There is also more to my problem with Strappado in the unrevealed part and they will be both explained in a future post. It is possible I could have caught 2 scums today and they would most likely be in different scum groups since they are fueding with each other. I need SpyreX's answer first before I can proceed. Regardless no one should quick lynch either of the two of them since there is more to this situation then you have all been told yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now its lesson time...

Students, students settle down those looking for the italian, hungarian, and german classes are all in the wrong room, get out! The following is the more correct proper procedure any player should follow with respect to being a Role Attractor which in the past I have seen in other games is really a limited lightning rod
with no roleblock involved.

All I wanted from SpyreX at the start of the day was a name of the player he targeted. The fact that you are alive would have told us you weren't a scum kill target and that your target didn't send any kill. You should be using your role for the purpose of seeing if your target is a scum making kills over night. By crumbing who you'll target before you do it. And then revealing who you hit the next day should you have alreadyed claimed your role and fallen under suspicion where target claiming is necessary.

You shouldn't be using it to out players roles like saying there may or may not be bridgekeeper that targeted you. You ultimatly only know a roles flavor and not its alignment at this point pretaining to the possible existance of a bridgekeeper. Telling everyone including scum that such a role can exist is a bad idea without really good reason. Revealing things "needlessly" has already been seen as bad in this game. That breaks rule 6 of how I play. Oh wait there is no rule six so let's just say it breaks a conduct rule. :D

For now it is just known someone that hit you didn't succeed in killing you. Telling us Mr. X didn't kill you is a better way to utilize your role for the rest of the game without implying further knowledge of what your target could be. That's what i think you should do with your role on future nights, should you live today and not turn up scum. This way we don't even know if Player X did an action to you (They could be vanilla) and the scum don't know what Player X did if anything either. Only gained knowledge is they didn't send a kill which I think is the better knowledge the town should learn over, My target X could be this role.
Muerto has a thing for teaching newbies just on his playstyle of joining so many newbie games. Should he disagree with the lesson I am imparting here to any role attractors for any games then he is welcomed and encouraged to correct me.

Note
: If my mafia experience is correct Darla lied about PR and role action by adding the roleblock part since all but 1 role attractor I've seen didn't role block. And the one that did role block was called something different a "Reflex Roleblocking RoleAttractor". And to Reflex Roleblock means to block anything that targets you. Since Darla didn't turn up that entire thing I think its possible she could have truly been eveything SpyreX says he is. This is kind involved in my lesson and what problems I have with SpyreX. more on all problems and stuff pertaining to Strappado in a future post.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

There is more to my problem with SpyreX then just this. I don't want to reveal that part just yet. There is also more to my problem with Strappado in the unrevealed part and they will be both explained in a future post.
It is possible I could have caught 2 scums today and they would most likely be in different scum groups since they are fueding with each other.
I need SpyreX's answer first before I can proceed.
Regardless no one should quick lynch either of the two of them since there is more to this situation then you have all been told yet.
QFE

(Quoted for emphasis)
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:25 am

Post by elvis_knits »

PokerFace wrote:
And if Elvis wasn't told it was me outside of following my crumbs and guessing, then how was SpyreX told he was targeted by the bridgekeeper?
I have something to add to this, but I think I should save saying it until after spyrex answers you.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

Very well Elvis. I think i trust you at this moment simply because of how helpful you were earlier today. If I have understood you wrongly and you were told specifically that you were "touched" by the "Dirty Hungarian Tourist" during the might or something else to that degree please let me now.

Also another idea, I also want to know who Ironman targeted last night since it may effect some things I know. Current question I will also voice towards Strappado is please say who you targeted and full claim.
AFTER Ironman gives his info.
I think it would be good for you to do that then.

If someone disagrees with us being told any info mentioned here please do so and say why NOW. I am open to thoughts if I be wrong on all this and keeping as much info secret as possible is desired. I think I can catch at least 1 scum today and possibly more pending answers and if all I know and assume is correct.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

damn my inuendo got ruined a bit
...touched by the "Dirty Hungarian Tourist" during the night...
I love this game :D

Not sure if the adjective dirty will be there or not but it is obvious who i am at this point. While which alpaca in the stack I be will be left up to your imagination. :lol:
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:47 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Pokerface is the meat in any alpaca sandwich.
Talk nerdy to me.

Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:00 am

Post by Mirth »

Iron Man: I don't buy this. If you don't want to actually play and are busy, why not ask to get replaced?

Spyrex: why wait til now to vote Strap, why not vote her before but withhold your reason?

Elvis: Strap is not the bridgekeeper. Even if they are both lying, Strap is not the bridgekeeper. Doesn't add up.

PF: I see your point. I guess I'll wait for answers.

Strap: I want a full role claim from you right now and if you had a target, who your target was.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:08 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Mirth wrote: Elvis: Strap is not the bridgekeeper. Even if they are both lying, Strap is not the bridgekeeper. Doesn't add up.
Are you saying I misunderstood spyrex, or are you saying spyrex is lying?
Talk nerdy to me.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

strappado wrote:
Poker - if you're going with what I think you are - I'm not the bridgekeeper.

Mirth - I said I DID search youtube and google, but came up with nothing, had no idea who he was or how important it might be to the game - so I asked....and then I searched again and got results, so I must have entered it wrong the first time 'cuz I got a lot of dildo adverts on google
<LOL>
the first couple times (go fig). Now that I've read up on who he was, it doesn't seem like his role would be that incredibly important, or even necessarily scum, so knowing he's in the game doesn't really crack it. I think that's more clear...yes?
I think Mirth means this Elvis. But I am not certain strappado is thinking 100% like I am. There is more to be seen i believe.

Side note - I have posted probably too much today. Spam, spam, spam spam! :lol: This is of course just a joke comment. I need to play my other games more than I am playing this one.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:19 am

Post by The Internet »

Wow, a lot just happened. I'll wait for Poker's future post, IM info, SpyreX's reply, and chenshi's reply before voting but for now
HOS: Chenshi
You'd better have a good explanation for all of this. Also, SpyreX could have been targeted for a kill but been protected.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:21 am

Post by The Internet »

The Internet wrote:Wow, a lot just happened. I'll wait for Poker's future post, IM info, SpyreX's reply, and chenshi's reply before voting but for now
HOS: Chenshi
You'd better have a good explanation for all of this. Also, SpyreX could have been targeted for a kill but been protected.
Eh, for some reason I said chenshi when I meant Strappado.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:26 am

Post by strappado »

Pokerface has requested that I fullclaim after Ironman gives his info.
Mirth has demanded that I full claim right now and not wait for Ironman.

I dont give a turd either way, I'll be more than happy to reveal everything now, later, tomorrow, doesn't matter. What does everyone else want?
http://strappado.mybrute.com
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:28 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I really don't know. Waiting for IM might take forever though.
Talk nerdy to me.

The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:54 am

Post by The Internet »

I say now, because waiting for Iron Man would take too long.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:08 am

Post by strappado »

ok, well, I'm feeling really iffy this morning, stayed up way too late last night and I really just want to go to back to bed and let this day drift away so I'll go ahead and out myself now.

I'm the bishop, I get to target one person and get bits of information about who visited them that night. I targeted Spyrex. I dont think I was taunted or roleblocked or whatever because I saw that the bridgekeeper visited him. I also saw that Mr Vibrating and the machine that goes bing visited him.

The first time I read the message from the mod, it says something like [paraphrase]You see Mr. Vibrating, the machine that goes bing, and the bridge keeper visit Spyrex]

So I actually thought that the characters name was "Mr. Vibrating, the machine that goes bing" instead of two separate char's. When I re-read the other day I had a "duh" moment when I realized that three separate characters had actually visited Spyrex. I found info on the machine that goes bing, and a rather funny Monty Python clip, but I can't imagine what it does because according to the clip, all it does is go "Bing" and tells you your baby is still alive or something...maybe it's some kind of doc...?

And Mr. Vibrating argues...uhm...yeah, that doesn't seem real important.

Anyway, that's what I got. Do with it what you will. I'm going to crawl back into bed.
http://strappado.mybrute.com
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:18 am

Post by Mirth »

elvis_knits wrote:
Mirth wrote: Elvis: Strap is not the bridgekeeper. Even if they are both lying, Strap is not the bridgekeeper. Doesn't add up.
Are you saying I misunderstood spyrex, or are you saying spyrex is lying?
I'm saying that Spyrex is not Mr. Vibrating, so if Strap was the Bridgekeeper, she'd know a) nothing about Mr. Vibrating and b) both the role and alignment for Spyrex. Instead, she's voting Chenhsi, for lurking.

Speaking of, Chenhsi is lurking again.

Edit: And I just read Strap's post. I am very much inclined to believe her night action. Not sure about her alignment, but I do believe her night action.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:41 am

Post by chenhsi »

Am I lurking again? Sorry.

Since Youtube isn't working right now for me, can you tell me what Mr. Vibrating and the "Machine who goes bing" do in the videos?
I lost the game.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:46 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Iron Man already full claimed. Believe you and claim Strappado.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

@Strappado,
You see the "characters" that target people and not the actually players that have those actions?
Is this correct, for that be wierd. Got a video?

I wanted ironman's target because I am wondering if he was involved in all this in anyway.
Since
Strap targeted SpyreX, and
if
Spyre also drew Strap to him then I doubt either of you would recieve confirmation since that is a third possibility of what could have happened. Something I did forget to mention earlier is that I 'did' recieve 'light' confirmation that Elvis was the one to send me a response to my skill so i know it worked and her actions at the start of the day further confirm that. I myself however was hit by more than just Elvis's response last night and i don't know what characters or players did all that other junk to me. There may even be more junk done to me then I know about. My problem with strappado looks already cleared up so I fear i may have caused a massive fopaw with my overzealousness. i am willing to believe her action, but I don't know of her alignment for now. I still want to see her video. And I want confirmation from spyreX on the question i gave earlier. If Elvis still feels like adding to this mess she can if she feels what she has to say still bears relevance.

If strappado speaks the truth about a bridgekeeper going to SpyreX then the only possiblity is they are both town or they are both scum. I am starting to lean toward the earlier. I'm going to take some time to think while I wait for SpyreX's answer. Here is my video to give you all a laugh while we wait. Its pretty much exactly what Elvis posted and a little more which revolves around confusion. The person i am looking for is mentioned in it early i believe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6D1YI-41ao

Side Note
- Would the Spainish Inquistion be part of a cult or a mafia/scum group refered to as the "Evil Egoscentric Characters"?

K7 - do you have some smokes and matches for me or was that unrelated craziness since things be confusing in general. I promise i won't punch you or leave a scratch.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:18 am

Post by SpyreX »

Well, isn't this a bag of cats that has been unleased.
The very beginning of the PM I got said specifically I was visited by the bridgekeeper. It did not, of course, tell me who the bridgekeeper was, but there is no doubt that I was visited by whomever is the bridgekeeper. That role seemed weird and it still does seem weird, but thats what it is. Why your night action flavor is different than mine I have no idea, but thats where we're at.

As for the other bit, yes, normally I would have just said "strap didn't kill me" but the bridgekeeper role was odd enough I wanted that mess cleared up.
Spyrex: why wait til now to vote Strap, why not vote her before but withhold your reason?
Because I was trying to give information to the town? I didn't take into consideration the clusterfuck that apparently happened to me last night and I wanted the town to decide whether or not to out the bridgekeeper (but, of course, then I thought she lied about it so I did).

But, for now,
Unvote

I believe strap and it looks like I was Mr.Popular last night. We know what the bridgekeeper does and that is does exist.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:26 am

Post by SpyreX »

And, yes, Strap's role does seem weird (seeing the characters, not the players). However, everything we've seen is weird roles so I'm honestly not surprised by any of it anymore.

Although, now that I think about it, by what PF does, all I know is that my target didn't send in the kill - and if I'm right, wont I be dead? How the hell do I breadcrumb that in a fashion that makes sense?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:27 am

Post by SpyreX »

God, double post - the only way it would work is if I was doc protected and we had one less night kill and even then it's only probable.
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”