PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

I can't force feed everything to you. There be tons of crazy ways to bread crumb things, you would just have to use your imagination and hope we'd be able to figure it out after your death. That's what hiders and weak docs do.

The doc can protect you if he wants and exists but I won't tell him to explicitly for he should have final say on doing that since it is his role and skill. We should not direct them.

I guess I'll just wait for Elvis, K7, and anyone else to say more then since I have easily posted too much today.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:36 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm not asking you to force feed me. I just havent breadcrumbed before and I'm fairly new still so I'm thinking out loud on ways to utilize this role well without the dumb I caused today.

I'd like to see the other parties involved post, but definitely dont stop posting. Its nice to see a game active for once.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:39 am

Post by Mirth »

Spyrex, I don't think you were doc protected. After the thing with Darla it would be odd for a doc to protect you.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:04 am

Post by Muerrto »

Speculating about doc protection is dangerous.

@Spyrex: If you pulled Strapp in and Strapp targetted you anyway then your ability didn't really come into play. So Strapp's a watcher and saw the bridgekeeper, herself, and some machine target you last night.

What does K7 have to do with any of this? And PF, you got confirmation it was Elvis who replied or it was 'someone' who replied? Also, was it Elvis or a character name? Seems weird Strapp saw characters and you saw Elvis herself.

IM needs to full claim his target.

Think I caught everything. With so much frickin claiming it's hard to know where to turn atm. I'll wait for some of these answers then worry about it.

PS. Why is everyone still claiming everything?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:05 am

Post by SpyreX »

I honestly dont know - the machine that goes ping could be a doc but regardless it doesn't matter and I'm not doing more rolefishing.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:09 am

Post by Mirth »

Muerrto wrote:Speculating about doc protection is dangerous.

@Spyrex: If you pulled Strapp in and Strapp targetted you anyway then your ability didn't really come into play. So Strapp's a watcher and saw the bridgekeeper, herself, and some machine target you last night.
No, Strap saw the bridgekeeper, Mr. Vibrating, and the Machine that Goes Ping. She claimed Bishop so she's none of the above. (A video link would be helpful here, Strap).

Muerrto, any reason why you're so quiet this game?
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:11 am

Post by chenhsi »

Can we get video links to Mr. Vibrating, Machine that Goes Ping, and the bishop?
I lost the game.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:15 am

Post by Mirth »

chenhsi wrote:Can we get video links to Mr. Vibrating, Machine that Goes Ping, and the bishop?
Since using Youtube isn't one of your strengths, apparently:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM Mr. Vibrating (Clips of him have been posted as early as pre-game. I don't see why you keep asking)

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=teMlv3ripSM The Machine that Goes Ping

I can't oblige you with the bishop since I am not sure which Bishop Strap is.

Also,
unvote: Spryex
vote: Chenshi

You are posting but contributing nothing and asking questions that have been answered before.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:20 am

Post by chenhsi »

Yes, using youtube isn't one of my strengths. Does it need to be?
And I didn't know that Mr. Vibrating has been posted pre-game.

Anyway, which one of the two people is Mr. Vibrating?
I lost the game.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Mirth »

argh. This was discussed a few pages ago. Go back and find it. I'm tired of answering questions that have already been answered.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:59 am

Post by chenhsi »

Ah, the person who was already there? That worked there?
I lost the game.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:15 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SpyreX wrote:Well, isn't this a bag of cats that has been unleased.
And if Elvis wasn't told it was me outside of following my crumbs and guessing, then how was SpyreX told he was targeted by the bridgekeeper?
The very beginning of the PM I got said specifically I was visited by the bridgekeeper. It did not, of course, tell me who the bridgekeeper was, but there is no doubt that I was visited by whomever is the bridgekeeper. That role seemed weird and it still does seem weird, but thats what it is. Why your night action flavor is different than mine I have no idea, but thats where we're at.
I was only told that I had a "visitor." I was not told the player or role that was visiting me. I only guessed because I had already guessed PF's role and the weird alpaca innuendo seemed to fit with him.

In fact, I asked if the visitor was PF, and the response was that I couldn't be told.

SO. I don't know why Spyrex would be told the role that was visiting him, when I was not told. Not only was I not told, but I was told I COULD NOT BE TOLD.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:34 am

Post by strappado »

my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UieDo4GoRPE

I can't stop any actions and I dont get to know the names of any players, it doesn't even guarantee that I'll get to know their roles, it just says that I may receive some type of useful information as to who was in their vicinity during the night.
http://strappado.mybrute.com
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:48 am

Post by strappado »

Oh, and it specifically said "The Machine that goes Bing", not "Ping" ...not that its that important, but just saying.

I think Mirth posted the Mr. Vibrator link twice, so I'll post the link I found for the Bing Maching. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arCITMfxvEc
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:57 am

Post by strappado »

Oops, I mean Mr. Vibrating LoL that might be the same mistake I made when trying to googlesearch it :P lol
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Mirth wrote:Muerrto, any reason why you're so quiet this game?
Quiet?? You're kidding. I might be posting less(which is due to a new job and different hours/days off WOOHOO!) but I'm far from quiet. I keep telling people to stop claiming and everytime I say it another person claims. I'm lost as to why just because this game has a theme people have thrown any semblance of mafia common sense out the window.

I think the discrepancies between what Strap saw/was told what Elvis saw/was told, and what Spyrex saw/was told is very strange. This game may have a zany theme but I can't see the mod altering the rules and standards etc because of it.

Why did Strapp see characters, Elvis see 'someone', PF get a reply from Elivs, and Spyrex know it was the bridge keeper?

That's a whole lot of differences there I'm not comfortable with. Since you've all already claimed fully, how bout you say specifically(without quoting of course) what you saw.

Also, IM still needs to share his target so we can figure out what the hell's going on
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by Iron Man »

I targeted Killa Seven last night.
I'm back.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Um... OK so Killa, who did YOU target? Because according to IM it should've been re-directed randomly to someone else.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

pokerface wrote: If strappado speaks the truth about a bridgekeeper going to SpyreX then the only possiblity is they are both town or they are both scum.
Eh? I don't see why Spyrex couldn't be scum visited by town. Or even vice versa, although an anti-town watcher doesn't seem particularly likely. And I do believe strappado's claim.

Anyway, Iron Man. An anti-town redirector does seem likely. We already know that scum have night abilities, Iron Man's play hasn't been at all pro-town, his ability isn't particularly pro-town, my vote will stay where it is for right now.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by PokerFace »

ok now I'm really fucking confused. This is the siliest game I've ever been in.

"Shall we stop it now?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5H6AdKUthg
Oh heaven's no*,

I'll reiterate based on what Muerto asked. I recieved very light confirmation that my skill did work on Elvis. The response relayed to me had her mentioned briefly in its tagging. For that reason and her actions early today, the fact she knew what I was talking about, I believe my action went sucessfully through.

I was also targeted by a bunch of other actions last night that i know of. Some had "noticable" effects on me (Meaning i was told of their effects) and there may be some that didn't "noticably" effect me but still hit me (Meaning I wasn't even told if they hit me). I know flavor and effects of the noticable ones that hit me but no definate answer as to who did the actions and what is the exact name of the character that did them.

I recieved confirmation I got Elvis's response and i believe that is only because that was my skill involved there. I recieved no great exact confirmation of who did some of the other junk to me. I got flavor and I can guess at what character's did some other stuff to me but no straight answer like "you were hit by Jon Doe" is present or...
Jon Doe wrote:Hi i did....
I suppose there is an outside chance the bridgekeeper role could just be differently organized than some other roles with the level of craziness i've seen in this game, but I still don't like how there is so much different. Not enough to throw a vote anywhere just yet but it still has "aroused" my interests.

I don't know if k7 should full claim and/or just give targets now pretaining to ironman's claim. I'd like to know if K7 or anyone else for that matter has some smokes for me, but looking back I think K7 should make any claim decision on his own based on what has been going on and if he believe's what he knows can successfully out someone as scum. We've had probally too much info go out in the open today so i'm not sure if we want more out there or not, but I guess I'll let K7 make the final call on that.

In response to ninja, I suppose you could be right there. I'm just going by what I percieved as the most likly odds based on who has said and verified what at which point. I guess I should hold off final judgment on all that until it is all solved to some degree.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by strappado »

I'd still like the information you were going to bring up about me "if it proved useful" ...? I definitely want to hear what k7 was talking about and how that has anything to do with you...and why you two appear to be in cahoots.

I'm really glad that my nightaction is verifiable by atleast 3 total players or else I feel that you two may have had a plan to get me lynched.

Maybe I'm just overly suspicious...but out with it I say.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by killa seven »

Muerrto wrote:Um... OK so Killa, who did YOU target? Because according to IM it should've been re-directed randomly to someone else.
I targetted 2 people last night so to speak.
PF is the info we are speakin of will out scum, i say go for it.

im guessing Iron mans action didnt work btw.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Mirth »

Sooooo who did you target and why do you want PF to say it?
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by killa seven »

*face palm*

ill wait for pf first.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by Mirth »

Again, why are you waiting for PF when he told you the last call is yours?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”