Dance of the Title Thread: Resurgence in wild?

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
edited 449 times in total
Ariel
none please
Pronoun: none please

Post Post #1815 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Ariel »

nominate zoraster for organized crime
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #1833 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:34 am

Post by Ariel »

Nominate Klick for Flash Forward
, rationale being that he is known for being very good at Flash games (and LSG challenges in general)

Spoiler:
In post 151, BROseidon wrote:Like specific people definitely have their strengths (Klick with flash games, me with anything very weird/novel, etc), but there is definitely a shortlist of "potential challenge beasts"
In post 65, Shadoweh wrote: I am not an unbiased person arguing this, of course. F3's are much more suited towards someone like me who can barely win challenges to save their life. It actually hits on another problem I have with F3 FICs on the forum which is immunity challenges are very often random and biased towards people like Klick or Drench who are good at flash games/have good reflexes. At least we've moved away from 24-48 hour endurance challenges..
In post 14, Shadoweh wrote:
In post 3, Mina wrote:after a few tries I would have been able to ace all the challenges, out-idolhunt Klick and Summer
I don't know about you but I'm confident that ten years of practice would not help me beat Klick at flash skiing >.> I'm also pretty sure I could know exactly where the idol is and those two would get it first
Shadoweh wrote:
In post 429, hiplop wrote:In addition i feel like the best ms players who often go far dont actually have the skill of surviving on a Tribe long term.
I don't think that's true, the best social players survive regardless of going to 21 TC's in a game. :P Making challenge strength more valued is an interesting idea though, I agree that right now no one cares about it. I mean, the main problem with challenge strength is you can't judge in advance, because no one's avatar has buff muscles and you can't ID Klick until a flash game comes up.
[8:45 PM] CrystalCats18: Games are fun! But I’m still scarred from the robot unicorn attack challenge
[8:45 PM] Panthaleon: Robot unicorn attack is that good shit
[8:45 PM] D3f3nd3r: ALWAYYYYYYYYS
[8:45 PM] D3f3nd3r: I WANNA BE WITH YOU
[8:45 PM] McMenno: That challenge should probably be retired at this point
[8:45 PM] D3f3nd3r: And make believe with you
[8:45 PM] PrivateI: Give it its own jersey?
[8:45 PM] D3f3nd3r: And live in harmony harmony oh yahhhhh
[8:45 PM] Iprobablysuck: i like Robot Unicorn Attack. I just keep the website on permanent mute in case it pops up in a game
[8:46 PM] CrystalCats18: Oh no I’ve found a glitch in the discord matrix :grimacing:
[8:46 PM] Panthaleon: I have that song on Spotify
[8:46 PM] McMenno: Lol I id'd klick in equestria because of that challenge as well
[8:46 PM] D3f is finally done modding: It’s a flash game, so generally the mentality with those is “all hail our lord and savior Klick”

[11:00 AM] Malkon05: I still want Klickvivor
[11:00 AM] Malkon05: where we all play a Klick character
[11:00 AM] hiplop: And it's all flash games?
[11:00 AM] Malkon05: im in
[11:00 AM] Malkon05: klickvivor with all flash games
[11:00 AM] Malkon05: where everyone is a different version of klick

[1:03 AM] Shadoweh: So when is Survivor: xofelf running
[1:04 AM] JDGA: right after the game we rig so that ani wins
[2:24 AM] McMenno: that child one would be easy to get, just keep throwing candy in front of the floats
[4:56 AM] D3f3nd3r: In all seriousness we are starting to have players with enough past games to have “everyone is X” games
[4:57 AM] D3f3nd3r: Everyone is Xof could actually happen
[4:58 AM] D3f3nd3r: Klick has 27 games
[4:59 AM] D3f3nd3r: I have 23
[4:59 AM] D3f3nd3r: Xof has 21
[5:01 AM] D3f3nd3r: “Everybody is Klick” would be fun, just make all of the challenges flash games and give everyone idols
[5:02 AM] BROseidon: oh god
[5:07 AM] D3f3nd3r: The mods would have to design lots of Idol hunts though
[5:07 AM] D3f3nd3r: And most of them would be to no avail because klicks would cheese them

[9:57 PM] Empire: i ruled out klick being kirby when he bombed the tribal flash game >_>
[9:57 PM] Empire: turns out he was on a touch pad
[9:57 PM] VashtaNeurotic: Yes
[9:58 PM] VashtaNeurotic: All of red knew that, but the result wasn't that much better than mine
[9:58 PM] VashtaNeurotic: also, how tf did I get third in a flash game against Shadow and Klick

[7:36 PM] D3f3nd3r: Ok, Survivor: A Quiet Place has been fully designed
[7:37 PM] Papa Zito: nice
[7:37 PM] D3f is finally done modding: If I’m as excited about this tomorrow as I am right now, it goes into signups tomorrow
[7:37 PM] racefan12: Is this the quiet place or the loud place?
[8:02 PM] Malkon05: wait
[8:02 PM] Malkon05: survivor a quiet place?
[8:02 PM] Malkon05: wuts that?
[8:03 PM] McMenno: no talking
[8:03 PM] Malkon05: h-how does that work?
[8:04 PM] D3f3nd3r: There are no PMs or other communication
[8:04 PM] D3f3nd3r: It’s essentially Solitary, but with the survivor structure of immunity challenges and tribal councils
[8:05 PM] D3f3nd3r: Anonymous so that people don’t just vote out Klick as soon as he loses a challenge
[8:09 PM] D3f3nd3r: It’s gonna be the best not-quite-Survivor Survivor this site has ever seen!

[2:56 PM] panthaleon: yeah klick winning the challenge saved his game
[2:56 PM] xofelf: yep
[2:56 PM] xofelf: 100%
[2:56 PM] McMenno: I mean that's what he does
[2:56 PM] McMenno: winning challenges
[2:56 PM] xofelf: and finding idols

[9:15 PM] skelda: I don't think my game is winnable though. I really really don't
[9:15 PM] skelda: I'm always going to need to win a challenge
[9:15 PM] Mina: Mine neither! :/
[9:15 PM] Mina: Yeah, your game would be amazing if you had Klick skills

[9:36 PM] Shrek: oh throwback to when i won immunity despite literally having it anyway and then giving the necklace to someone i just met in the exact same round
[9:37 PM] Shrek: AND THE TIME I BEAT KLICK BY TWO MINUTES TO GET FIRST AND AN ADVANTAGE
[9:37 PM] Shrek: BUT DROPPED OUT
[9:37 PM] D3f3nd3r: What’s a beating Klick
[9:38 PM] D3f3nd3r: Does not compute
[10:44 PM] Shrek: i would have come back in the tragedy challenge though
[10:44 PM] Fluminator: Not against my boy PEG
[10:44 PM] Shrek: nah id beat him
[10:44 PM] Shrek: if i can beat klick i can beat anyone

[5:24 PM] D3f3nf3r: You can go on a challenge run yeah
[5:24 PM] D3f3nd3r: But not everyone
[5:24 PM] D3f3nd3r: And it’s tough to be a good all around challenge competitor when youre unlucky enough to not be Klick
[5:25 PM] BROseidon: I beat Klick in a Civ idol challenge once
5:25 PM] skelda: I think socializing is more accessible to someone who is bad at it than challenges are to someone who's bad at them
[5:25 PM] Mina: He beat you in the other four!
[5:25 PM] Mina: *three

[2:36 PM] skelda: I definitely do think diversifying challenges so that more people can win them is probably a good thing though
[2:36 PM] McMenno: wow I'm so good at this
[2:36 PM] skelda: We should include Scattergories more often
[2:36 PM] Shadoweh: or at least different skillz
[2:36 PM] Shadoweh: even if klick still wins 50% of them
[2:36 PM] D3f3nd3r: It’s easy
2:36 PM] D3f3nd3r: Give out two immunities
[2:36 PM] D3f3nd3r: First place gets the Klick Immunity Necklace
[2:36 PM] D3f3nd3r: Second gets the Individual Immunity Necklace!
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #1843 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:58 pm

Post by Ariel »

In post 455, KittyMo wrote:
Nominate PrivateI for Monty
In post 459, Haschel Cedricson wrote:Maybe something like "The Accountant of Monty Christ-O" because of him studying accounting at that super Christian college in Oklahoma?

Okay, maybe that one's not a winner.
In post 462, Errantparabola wrote:nom private i for
The Accountant of Monty Christ-O, Written by Alexandeer Dumash
bc he studies accounting at a christian college and his avatar is a deer and he plays in mish mash
In post 487, mastina wrote:
In post 467, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Nominate PrivateI for Monty Hall

He hosts a lot of Game Show/ORG stuff, referencing that his name (not username) is Monty and the late famous Monty Hall, host of "Let's Make a Deal".
Also the name of the mathematical concept for probability if someone can tie that in somehow.
So I'm not a frequent Mish Mash player. Could someone link me to some examples so that I can confirm that it's a fitting title? I want to judge for myself, but this certainly looks like it has merit at the very least.

This discussion from the summer seems to have totally died off. My original nom was in the same vein of crywolf20084's title being Cayke and to a lesser extent Thestatusquo being Shea. PrivateI is arguably more prominently known by the name Monty than by his actual username. In the same way that it's difficult to remember Cayke's actual username, it's difficult to remember Monty has any other name. In the game thread for the LSG he just finished hosting, there's like 7 instances of him being referred to as Monty and none of him being called PrivateI. When he gets mentioned in 12 players and a mod lists in GTKAS he's getting called Monty. I'd link more examples if not for Speakeasy grey areas, but there are plenty. The fact that he's so often referred to as Monty causes confusion sometimes, like in multiple SUPP threads.

Spoiler:
In post 3014, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 3010, xRECKONERx wrote:MONTY WAS FUCKING ROBBED
Who TF is MONTY???
In post 1271, Elbirn wrote:Whomst the fuck is Monty?

As for the Monty Hall aspect: he primarily hosts one night games on Skype/Discord so it's a bit difficult to provide links to things. He does mod Investments which seems very relevant and has modded multiple iterations of Allocate/Execute. He co-modded an LSG with a unique mechanic of procedural generation of twists. He won Disney's World Domination while portraying the character of game show host Alex Trebek.
Last edited by Ariel on Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #2070 (isolation #3) » Sat May 02, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Ariel »

so for the April event Zaphkael had the title "Ghost Writer." Zaphkael won Paperback Writer in 2017 and has done very in-depth written flavor for other mafia games. Also runs Fiction Rumble in GD and has been the "champion" for it multiple times. So I do think Zaph has a notable association with writing on mafiascum.net.
In post 6369, Zaphkael wrote:
I'm a sucker for roles that don't have an obvious use or don't have an obviously optimal way of using them, but that can be used creatively. The neighborizers, your role, the Aeon factional abilities and even a masonry all fit this philosophy of mine, and if someone actually uses them creatively, it makes me a very happy mod. Your play was one of those things!
Based on this modding philosophy, I am going to throw out
Little Did I Know
as a title nom (trope reference)
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #2074 (isolation #4) » Sat May 02, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by Ariel »

i think ghost writer sounds cool but i'm not knowledgeable about his relation to the ghost part of it if that makes sense
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #2088 (isolation #5) » Wed May 06, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Ariel »

I think medium pharma is funny but I really love shot count
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #2106 (isolation #6) » Wed May 13, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by Ariel »

nth Twenty Two Faced
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #2294 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Ariel »

In post 2070, Ariel wrote:so for the April event Zaphkael had the title "Ghost Writer." Zaphkael won Paperback Writer in 2017 and has done very in-depth written flavor for other mafia games. Also runs Fiction Rumble in GD and has been the "champion" for it multiple times. So I do think Zaph has a notable association with writing on mafiascum.net.
In post 6369, Zaphkael wrote:
I'm a sucker for roles that don't have an obvious use or don't have an obviously optimal way of using them, but that can be used creatively. The neighborizers, your role, the Aeon factional abilities and even a masonry all fit this philosophy of mine, and if someone actually uses them creatively, it makes me a very happy mod. Your play was one of those things!
Based on this modding philosophy, I am going to throw out
Little Did I Know
as a title nom (trope reference)
Bumping this b/c Zaph didn't keep Ghost Writer, which I think sounded cool but am unsure how his writing credentials onsite relate to ghosts or ghost writing.

Little Did I Know got a few nths but not 5. The tl;dr idea behind it is that it's a writing/narration trope that ties into how he approaches modding. Going to suggest
Little Did They Know
this time as it being in third person might make more sense.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #2310 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Ariel »

In post 2309, Nahdia wrote:schadd_: a little chaotic, cool music thread, a good mod of interesting setups including his mystery box series

pandora's jukebox
?

or is that trying to push so many ideas together that it becomes a bit incoherent? hmm...
nth
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #2373 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by Ariel »

I think medium pharma is a lower quality title than shot count and it references a petty insult from a newly permabanned user. I guess it being a reference to Discussion-related stuff is more representative of how Equinox interacts with the site now. I would be sad to see Shot Count go but medium pharma is kinda funny at least
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #2428 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Ariel »

3rd
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #2433 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by Ariel »

In post 2429, animorpherv1 wrote:I'm very eh on Last Hurrah. I get it, but to me it feels like it's trying to please everyone.
To me, Elo and Behold and variants feel more forced, and "Last Laugh" would be a better title for someone who is more of a comedian. Last Hurrah feels more organically like what the original nom was trying to capture
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #2465 (isolation #12) » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Ariel »

If you search the website for "pants" and have speakeasy access, I think the past 50 results (all within the past 5 days) are all referring to user panthaleon
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #2516 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:50 am

Post by Ariel »

In post 0, mastina wrote:
Which titles should I not nominate?

You probably weren't asking this and most of this section should be common sense, but it seems important anyway. You should not nominate:
  • titles based solely on usernames.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #2713 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:21 pm

Post by Ariel »

nth The Real Friend
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #2891 (isolation #15) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:25 pm

Post by Ariel »

Context: Referring to players as "robbed goddesses" is pretty common in internet survivor discussions. In the last 3 anonymous survivor games on MS, OGML has been final juror twice and second-to-last juror once, and I believe would have been a strong contender to win in each instance. This thread and this post are also relevant from before this year.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #2895 (isolation #16) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:28 pm

Post by Ariel »

Yeah I didn't nth it because I'm mulling over whether a better variation exists but I at least wanted to make the discussion of that more accessible.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #3459 (isolation #17) » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:40 pm

Post by Ariel »

nth spice of life
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4153 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:58 pm

Post by Ariel »

Nominate VashtaNeurotic for Bullet Trains
(or
Bullet Trainer
if that sounds better?)

There are different schools of thought about what makes someone a worthy winner of a LSG. When arguing about who is deserving, it's not uncommon for finalists and jurors to not put much stock into things that occurred early in the game or challenge wins in general. However, when Vash is a finalist in a Survivor game, he will tell you in detail about how he led his tribe to victory in early challenges1,2.

I recall that in Survivor of the Fittest, he started most of his tribes' discussion threads about how to best approach tribe challenges3. In Survivor: Know Your Enemies, Professor Vash took advantage of the non-anonymous discord format to host a group call seminar for his tribe on completing mazes quickly4. In Hybrid: Hunger Games, he patiently walked his somewhat technologically challenged district partner through downloading and using new image editing software for a challenge5. I think his passion for this aspect of the game (being a leader/coach/trainer in cooperative challenges) is title-worthy.

I like framing it as Bullet Trains for a couple of reasons. One is that his username/avatar reference the same gunman character, and he's kept the same avatar for years. The other reason is that my sources state that "mans is a wordy bitch and does do lists with bullet points."

1 "I put in a tremendous effort in our first challenge (I wrote the Emmett Entry which almost won us the challenge on it's own, and edited the others) and with it I formed a bond with Gonta (who did a lot of the detective work for our tribe and wrote the two other entries)."
2 "Second, I went hard in challenges, this served two purposes: 1. If my tribes won immunity, we wouldn't have to be voted out and 2. With enough co-operation on a challenge I could present myself as someone who could be worked with beyond the challenge." "On Korok Forest Oaki and I analyzed the flash game and guided Pelison to a good score, earning us all immunity." "On Heart Container I used both the Stamina Tribes words and Riju's words from Spirit Orb (Oaki leaked both sets to me), and some logic to help my tribe get first in the password challenge."

Edit: sorry, one of my links had a permissions issue so I just replaced it with ascreenshots.
Last edited by Ariel on Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4159 (isolation #19) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:22 pm

Post by Ariel »

Nominate Shrek for the fun in funeral

One way Shrek stands out in the LSG community is for having a big personality and really getting into character in anonymous games. Shrek's portrayal of Katie Gallagher in Survivor: Reverse the Curse earned first place in the 2018 Character Poll. After five years of polls, Katie 2.0 still ranks 13th overall. Katie 2.0 was the hottest mess and a self-proclaimed "maymay connesore," but one of her most memorable moments was her putting on a "viking funeral" for a tribemate that she voted out and felt betrayed by.

While this title is mostly inspired by that moment, I think that it is generally true that Shrek is a sassy confessionalist that enjoys dark humor and will celebrate outlasting enemies. Shrek himself tends not to go down without a fight and has resorted to crazy antics that include lying about items and advantages. I also think that this title can represent Shrek's character portrayals beyond just Katie. Shrek has stated that the main character archetypes he tends towards are energetic young women (such as Ibuki Mioda in Survivor: Killing School Semester) and over-the-top crotchety old men (like Ulysses in Hybrid: Hunger Games) - a sort of juxtaposition of fun and funeral.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4161 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:39 pm

Post by Ariel »

Nominate CreativeMod1 for Operative Excelence

Excelence refers to how he has made positive contributions to the community with cool spreadsheets.
  • The most obvious example is the LSG Mod Spreadsheet Template he made that helps automate and streamline the modding process.
  • Another example would include this Murder Mystery game he made via a spreadsheet that first was a LSG challenge but later also publicized as a fun Mish Mash game.
  • For another LSG challenge, he automated a spreadsheet to give live responses about whether participants made correct or incorrect guesses. It would calculate time penalties based on incorrect guesses.
I thought it would be fun to make it "Operative" Excelence because it references that he mods Codenames as a Mish Mash game. I think it can also represent that he's generally passionate about modding.

I think he likes to keep things entertaining for game spectators and promote positivity, and so I'd be open to alternate suggestions more in a vein of like "Excelent Entertainer." Operative Excelence is the best spin on it that I personally have to offer tho!
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4164 (isolation #21) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:41 pm

Post by Ariel »

Nominate Malakittens for Mewbie Fosterer

She's modded like 34 newbie games by my count, many of which have cat-centered flavor.

Nominate Malakittens for 9+ Lives

She also has a lot of cat-themed hydras (well over 9). She works in EMS which "lives" vaguely references.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4166 (isolation #22) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:43 pm

Post by Ariel »

Nominate lalaladucks for Study Buddy

Ok I'm sorry but I feel we can do way better than her current title so just putting this one out there too

OK actually I guess I could explain this. So she tried making a thread for studying for medical school, but a GD mod locked it with the reasoning "No." Then SleepyKrew made the "as performance art we watch lalaladucks study" thread in the Speakeasy and for some reason that was allowed, and we've been watching her study for like five years because yikes lots of school. Also ducks is someone that a lot of people want to be buddies with and that's why she has a very long GTKAS thread and does well in SUPP and all that. And yes there are a lot of directions you can go in for a ducks title, but almost all of them are better than "Best Newcrummer"
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4173 (isolation #23) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:36 pm

Post by Ariel »

I did have a couple of other ideas for vash (that included lecture wall, tactical compete, loyal advisor) but it takes a lot of effort to explain LSG titles so I did the write-up on the one that seemed the least generic to me
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4181 (isolation #24) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:31 am

Post by Ariel »

nth A Study in Thread

Many of the threads she makes are polls fwiw, but not all of them.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4185 (isolation #25) » Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:40 am

Post by Ariel »

ok
Study in Thread
is catchier than the last thing i nthed so nth that instead. I think it actually does fit the style of many threads she has made too - polls (including demographic polls), and a couple of speakeasy threads asking people what form their thoughts take and about medical mysteries
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4205 (isolation #26) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:48 pm

Post by Ariel »

Nominate Awoo for Killer A.I.

Awoo's playstyle is aggressive, manipulative and calculated. He tends to portray himself as a Survivor supervillain in confessionals.

In common LSG lingo, a "gamebot" is the epitome of someone who is not there to make friends and really prioritizes strategy over any kind of sentimentality. Awoo can be charming, but it is often a means to an end to lead into in-depth strategic conversations. He has both described himself as being a gamebot and will seek out connections with players who have gamebot tendencies.

This title proposal also references a very unique tactic Awoo once used. He programmed a Discord bot to send pre-written messages to players so that he could still have a strategic influence on the game while being on vacation.

Spoiler: More detail
  • As a finalist in his second-ever game, he outright admitted to the jury that he calculatingly used humor to charm people and then
    enjoyed
    systematically turning his allies against each other and backstabbing them. Generally, finalists explain their acts of betrayal in a way that expresses some level of guilt, remorse, or mixed feelings. Awoo's AI, otoh, was only programmed to get him to the end at all costs ;)
  • In future games, he continued to hone his craft of sowing distrust and developing backup plans to be able to eliminate any given player.
  • In Survivor: Three Houses, he confessed: "I live in constant agony every minute that the game is not completely under my control."
  • While most of the aforementioned Discord bot's messages were about Awoo's vacation itinerary and sent to anyone who opted in, Awoo considered all of that to be a front. The real reason it was created was to give Silverclaw a short notice heads up that a blindside was going to happen.

eta: There's not any specific wordplay going on with Killer, so Diabolical A.I. or anything on a similar theme with different wording probably also works
Last edited by Ariel on Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4208 (isolation #27) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:55 pm

Post by Ariel »

In post 4189, mastina wrote: (Still want more discussion on the Mala ones.)
well, do you like Fosters Mewbies more than Mewbie Fosterer? :b I at least don't really have much to add other than that I disagree with the sentiment that 9+ Lives would fit equally well as a title for other people on the site.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4218 (isolation #28) » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:17 pm

Post by Ariel »

Nominate Skelda for Zee Retiree

Nominate Skelda for Fictive Retirement

Between late 2016 and mid-2018, Skelda played in most of the anonymous LSGs that were ever in signups. He's stayed around the community to spectate or chat about games while claiming to be in retirement. That only lasted a year until he showed up as old man character Ulysses in Survivor: Red, Purple, Green and won his first game. Again, he stuck around after while insisting he's in retirement. Less than a year later, he returned as the retired detective Hercule Poirot in Survivor PD and not only won, but also earned the second best LSG Character Poll placing of all time for an incredibly convincing portrayal. Many people would not necessarily consider playing once a year to be retirement, but Skelda's pattern of insisting that he is in tandem with his best performances being "coming out of retirement" while portraying older men make this uniquely fitting for Skelda. Zee Retiree is the direct Poirot-speak version, and Fictive Retirement is a play on "active retirement."

Nominate Skelda for Decorum Cannibale

Skelda is known on the site for enjoying debate, musical theater (MS Idol Season 2 finalist!), and also grammar, which influences how this title nomination was framed. He is infamous for PMing multiple people to discuss cannibalism, earning that character a reputation as being a cannibal. Most people stick to safer topics when trying to make allies in social games. :]
Spoiler: MS Discord server
[8:22 PM] Skelda: People like having weird random conversations in LSGs though. I think you're a strong conversationalist which is why I think you'd like it
[8:22 PM] xofelf: Skelda: Mr. Let's Just Talk About Casual Cannibalism
[8:23 PM] Skelda: You literally can talk about anything
[8:23 PM] Skelda: And that was one time Xof!
[8:23 PM] xofelf: was it? hm
[8:24 PM] Skelda: Maybe a few times one game
[8:24 PM] Skelda: Then it became identifying for me to mention it hahaha
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4321 (isolation #29) » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:29 am

Post by Ariel »

Nominate DeasVail for Exuberant Exile

In Survivor South Bend (most recent survivor meet), one of the twists was having two rounds where a player is exiled and thus temporarily not part of a tribe. DV managed to get himself exiled both times and embraced it with funny photos. The first time was due to him winning the first challenge, so it was something he earned. It's a unique achievement to get exiled multiple times in a game. It's not even that common in general to have 1 exile opportunity on a game. Going 2 for 2 on getting exiled in a 17 player game was funny and unexpected.

Exuberant is not just there for the alliteration. DV is someone who spreads positivity to those around him and has demonstrated this as GTKAS mod and by having a thread where he complimented community members. He is gracious to the mods of games and events he participates in.

Nominate DeasVail for Silver Medalist

DV holds the most runner-up titles for Survivor games on our site (4). It's an achievement to outlast most of your competitors and represents that DV has made it far and overcame a lot through these games. Losing at the finals can be taxing and discouraging because it involves you needing to defend and make a case for your gameplay being most deserving. My intention with the wording of the title was to frame it as more of a body of work achievement rather than something more like "always a bridesmaid." IMO that is more respectful. Having been runner up multiple times does also influence his strategy in more recent games on the forum or online.
Last edited by Ariel on Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4340 (isolation #30) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:27 pm

Post by Ariel »

Nominate ambic for Maniac Mastermind
Nominate ambic for Crime of Passion

As both a player and a mod, ambic puts his whole self into it and generates ideas with the fervor of a mad scientist. He ran two complex roleplaying style games to completion (Curse of Kowhai Mall & Curse of Rata Mall), which is historically the type of on-site project that tends to get mod abandoned. He has the willpower and commitment to see stuff through. All kinds of craziness went down in these, like in Rata Mall two players instantly died because they ignored an omen of red skulls and kept trying to brute force a password.

As far as what I'm trying to convey about his Survivor style as well, these folks said it better-
Cephrir's character in Adorable Critter Survivor wrote:Wow, what a whirlwind. No, not the game, just this guy. It takes some courage to just bold faced lie to absolutely everyone all the time and expect to get away with it, but Jerboa got away with it again and again. Even when no one trusted him anymore, he was able to make himself needed to make plays, and so just kept surviving and being included on important votes. I don't know whether he chose this character because he's so jumpy, but that should be the reason. An absolute mess of frantic paranoia, unnecessary moves and takes on the game from the moon were the gifts that kept on giving, and this game was way more exciting for having him.1
Nicholas 1024's character in Survivor: Three Houses wrote:
ambic's character in Survivor: Three Houses wrote:Theres a whole heap of shit being spread right now that Ive flipped, that ive leaked plans i know nothing about, including a plan to vote Raph. Its all lies. Im voting Shamir tonight, and godwilling im voting the mastermind of the chaos: Edelgard tomorrow
If you aren't the main character of this game then I'm not sure who is. I'm still wrapping my head around how two different people gave you idols. And whether or not you would admit it, you were responsible for a lot of the chaoticness and dynamicness of this game. It's also interesting that all three times you were voted followed your 'biggest' stunts (claiming to make Leicester to target a specific tribe to both tribes, Thanksgiving Rumours, and Saying you'll turn on Raphael then backing out)2
Thestatusquo, moderator of Survivor: Risk v. Reward wrote:Michel, you bring a frenetic energy and a passion to any game you play. I loved having you in this game even though you gave me a heart attack once when I thought you had somehow broken the game. You throw yourself fully into a game and you try your hardest at every possible task.3
Last edited by Ariel on Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4375 (isolation #31) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:17 am

Post by Ariel »

Serial Filler is great

How bout
Maniac Masterstroke
instead of Maniac Mastermind if people want to represent the art aspect?
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4376 (isolation #32) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:43 am

Post by Ariel »

Sorry I'm bored on a road trip so might spam a bit ITT

Nominate Malkon05 for We Didn't Start the Fire

There's different design options for how players can earn a spot in the finals of a Survivor game (number of finalists is generally 2 or 3.) Normally, contestants are eliminated by being voted out by their tribemates. The TV show introduced a recurring format cha ge a couple of years ago that involves the 4th place contestant instead being determined by a fire-making challenge of trying to build a fire with enough height to burn a rope.

When Haschel was trying to gather the troops to host Survivormeet 3, Haschel wanted to use the new fire-making format. Malkon was so dead set against this that he refused to be on the mod team for the meet if it was used. So, thanks to Malkon, we didn't start the fire, and it represents his commitment to LSG design philosophy.

This is also a song and Malkon is notable for modding the mashie-winning MS Idol series.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4377 (isolation #33) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:09 am

Post by Ariel »

Nominate Malkon05 for Encore Design

1) Encore is a singing performance term that gives a nod to MafiaScum Idol.

2) The first LSG Malkon05 won was Survivor: Reverse the Curse, where the whole cast was playing previously used characters in LSGs. Malkon gave a stunning encore performance of Tracer and decisively won the jury vote .

3) Malkon is a prolific moderator of LSGs that just finished up modding Survivor Village. ITT (link) he goes into detail about how his prior experiences modding and playing shaped and inspired his design of it. E.g. how his gun twist was inspired by the RTC. So the design of the game itself is sort of a swan song/encore for Malkon's LSG career. Survivor Village also had a new outcast twist that provided players a second chance, intended to help newbies, including the game's newbie winner who benefited from this.

4) Core Design is a video game company. Like many of us, Malkon is a gamer who always has a video game character avatar, but he has modded some video game themed LSGs (such as Legend of Zelda & Resident Evil).

Nominate Malkon05 for Phenomen encore

Similar to above nom but probably gives more of an emphasis on Malkon modding experimental LSGs (the unique Hybrid: Hunger Games format, Weakest Link, twist heavy games, etc.)
"I'm an unorthodox player and I love hosting unorthodox games that challenge people to be strategic and better versions of themselves. I am highly experimental as a host and not every choice I make is going to be perfect. But the games I put out there make people talk, they make people think, and that to me is the beauty in design." - Malkon
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4378 (isolation #34) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:24 am

Post by Ariel »

Nominate Malkon05 for Abdul Personality

Nominate Malkon05 for Falsetto Positive

These are more obviously MafiaScum idol focused suggestions. One thing that made the series successful was Malkon's commitment to creating a positive and encouraging atmosphere.

I do think either nom can loosely tie into LSG/survivor. Malkon has portrayed some rather unusual personalities over the years (Aria, the gossipy student; Half of Flim and Flam, the baby-talking pony; Petra, the brave and gramatically challenged; Tracer, a scrappy gamebot). Survivor involves social manipulation and insinuating falsehoods!

Return to “Player Titles”