Dance of the Title Thread: Resurgence in wild?

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4150 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:20 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

I wanted to add Never Back Downy (as the Downy Woodpecker) but that was before reading Rise of the Phoenix
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4151 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:24 pm

Post by the worst »

Rise of the Phoenix is excellent.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
I Reject Your Corporeality...
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #4152 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:37 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 4150, Pink Ball wrote:Never Back Downy
:lol:

Not bad, not bad.
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Ariel
Ariel
none please
edited 449 times in total
Ariel
none please
Pronoun: none please

Post Post #4153 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:58 pm

Post by Ariel »

Nominate VashtaNeurotic for Bullet Trains
(or
Bullet Trainer
if that sounds better?)

There are different schools of thought about what makes someone a worthy winner of a LSG. When arguing about who is deserving, it's not uncommon for finalists and jurors to not put much stock into things that occurred early in the game or challenge wins in general. However, when Vash is a finalist in a Survivor game, he will tell you in detail about how he led his tribe to victory in early challenges1,2.

I recall that in Survivor of the Fittest, he started most of his tribes' discussion threads about how to best approach tribe challenges3. In Survivor: Know Your Enemies, Professor Vash took advantage of the non-anonymous discord format to host a group call seminar for his tribe on completing mazes quickly4. In Hybrid: Hunger Games, he patiently walked his somewhat technologically challenged district partner through downloading and using new image editing software for a challenge5. I think his passion for this aspect of the game (being a leader/coach/trainer in cooperative challenges) is title-worthy.

I like framing it as Bullet Trains for a couple of reasons. One is that his username/avatar reference the same gunman character, and he's kept the same avatar for years. The other reason is that my sources state that "mans is a wordy bitch and does do lists with bullet points."

1 "I put in a tremendous effort in our first challenge (I wrote the Emmett Entry which almost won us the challenge on it's own, and edited the others) and with it I formed a bond with Gonta (who did a lot of the detective work for our tribe and wrote the two other entries)."
2 "Second, I went hard in challenges, this served two purposes: 1. If my tribes won immunity, we wouldn't have to be voted out and 2. With enough co-operation on a challenge I could present myself as someone who could be worked with beyond the challenge." "On Korok Forest Oaki and I analyzed the flash game and guided Pelison to a good score, earning us all immunity." "On Heart Container I used both the Stamina Tribes words and Riju's words from Spirit Orb (Oaki leaked both sets to me), and some logic to help my tribe get first in the password challenge."

Edit: sorry, one of my links had a permissions issue so I just replaced it with ascreenshots.
Last edited by Ariel on Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #4154 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:15 am

Post by xofelf »

2nd Bullet Trains
I like em both, but Bullet Trains is the catchier of the two imo.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4155 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:13 am

Post by Cephrir »

nth both, but i think bullet trainer is clearer!
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Silverclaw
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #4156 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:43 am

Post by Silverclaw »

We agree with Cephrir. Bullet Trainer is far superior.

- G
Formerly animorpherv1.
rgqxi is your answer

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4157 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:48 am

Post by the worst »

That is excellent. I think I like Bullet Trains slightly more but both are great.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #4158 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 4155, Cephrir wrote:nth both, but i think bullet trainer is clearer!
Agree, took me a while to understand Trains the next time I thought about it
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4159 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:22 pm

Post by Ariel »

Nominate Shrek for the fun in funeral

One way Shrek stands out in the LSG community is for having a big personality and really getting into character in anonymous games. Shrek's portrayal of Katie Gallagher in Survivor: Reverse the Curse earned first place in the 2018 Character Poll. After five years of polls, Katie 2.0 still ranks 13th overall. Katie 2.0 was the hottest mess and a self-proclaimed "maymay connesore," but one of her most memorable moments was her putting on a "viking funeral" for a tribemate that she voted out and felt betrayed by.

While this title is mostly inspired by that moment, I think that it is generally true that Shrek is a sassy confessionalist that enjoys dark humor and will celebrate outlasting enemies. Shrek himself tends not to go down without a fight and has resorted to crazy antics that include lying about items and advantages. I also think that this title can represent Shrek's character portrayals beyond just Katie. Shrek has stated that the main character archetypes he tends towards are energetic young women (such as Ibuki Mioda in Survivor: Killing School Semester) and over-the-top crotchety old men (like Ulysses in Hybrid: Hunger Games) - a sort of juxtaposition of fun and funeral.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #4160 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:29 pm

Post by Noraa »

where were you when no one liked axolotl ;cccccccc
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4161 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:39 pm

Post by Ariel »

Nominate CreativeMod1 for Operative Excelence

Excelence refers to how he has made positive contributions to the community with cool spreadsheets.
  • The most obvious example is the LSG Mod Spreadsheet Template he made that helps automate and streamline the modding process.
  • Another example would include this Murder Mystery game he made via a spreadsheet that first was a LSG challenge but later also publicized as a fun Mish Mash game.
  • For another LSG challenge, he automated a spreadsheet to give live responses about whether participants made correct or incorrect guesses. It would calculate time penalties based on incorrect guesses.
I thought it would be fun to make it "Operative" Excelence because it references that he mods Codenames as a Mish Mash game. I think it can also represent that he's generally passionate about modding.

I think he likes to keep things entertaining for game spectators and promote positivity, and so I'd be open to alternate suggestions more in a vein of like "Excelent Entertainer." Operative Excelence is the best spin on it that I personally have to offer tho!
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4162 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:00 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

In post 4159, Ariel wrote:

One way Shrek stands out in the LSG community is for having a big personality and really getting into character in anonymous games. Shrek's portrayal of Katie Gallagher in Survivor: Reverse the Curse earned first place in the 2018 Character Poll. After five years of polls, Katie 2.0 still ranks 13th overall. Katie 2.0 was the hottest mess and a self-proclaimed "maymay connesore," but one of her most memorable moments was her putting on a "viking funeral" for a tribemate that she voted out and felt betrayed by.

While this title is mostly inspired by that moment, I think that it is generally true that Shrek is a sassy confessionalist that enjoys dark humor and will celebrate outlasting enemies. Shrek himself tends not to go down without a fight and has resorted to crazy antics that include lying about items and advantages. I also think that this title can represent Shrek's character portrayals beyond just Katie. Shrek has stated that the main character archetypes he tends towards are energetic young women (such as Ibuki Mioda in Survivor: Killing School Semester) and over-the-top crotchety old men (like Ulysses in Hybrid: Hunger Games) - a sort of juxtaposition of fun and funeral.
2nd this, great name
In post 4161, Ariel wrote:

Excelence refers to how he has made positive contributions to the community with cool spreadsheets.
  • The most obvious example is the LSG Mod Spreadsheet Template he made that helps automate and streamline the modding process.
  • Another example would include this Murder Mystery game he made via a spreadsheet that first was a LSG challenge but later also publicized as a fun Mish Mash game.
  • For another LSG challenge, he automated a spreadsheet to give live responses about whether participants made correct or incorrect guesses. It would calculate time penalties based on incorrect guesses.
I thought it would be fun to make it "Operative" Excelence because it references that he mods Codenames as a Mish Mash game. I think it can also represent that he's generally passionate about modding.

I think he likes to keep things entertaining for game spectators and promote positivity, and so I'd be open to alternate suggestions more in a vein of like "Excelent Entertainer." Operative Excelence is the best spin on it that I personally have to offer tho!
Also 2nd this, CM1 is amazing with spreasheets.

Also not sure how much say I get now that people have mostly commented but I personally prefer Bullet Trainer to Bullet Trains.
George Bailey
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4163 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:22 pm

Post by the worst »

Both of those (Shrek and CM1) are brilliant.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4164 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:41 pm

Post by Ariel »

Nominate Malakittens for Mewbie Fosterer

She's modded like 34 newbie games by my count, many of which have cat-centered flavor.

Nominate Malakittens for 9+ Lives

She also has a lot of cat-themed hydras (well over 9). She works in EMS which "lives" vaguely references.
esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #4165 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:47 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

In post 4164, Ariel wrote:

She's modded like 34 newbie games by my count, many of which have cat-centered flavor.

She also has a lot of cat-themed hydras (well over 9). She works in EMS which "lives" vaguely references.
nth both of these

does malakittens not already have a title???? we must correct this terrible injustice at once
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4166 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:43 pm

Post by Ariel »

Nominate lalaladucks for Study Buddy

Ok I'm sorry but I feel we can do way better than her current title so just putting this one out there too

OK actually I guess I could explain this. So she tried making a thread for studying for medical school, but a GD mod locked it with the reasoning "No." Then SleepyKrew made the "as performance art we watch lalaladucks study" thread in the Speakeasy and for some reason that was allowed, and we've been watching her study for like five years because yikes lots of school. Also ducks is someone that a lot of people want to be buddies with and that's why she has a very long GTKAS thread and does well in SUPP and all that. And yes there are a lot of directions you can go in for a ducks title, but almost all of them are better than "Best Newcrummer"
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4167 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:02 pm

Post by RH9 »

Nth both.
(This is partially because I can't think of a better title for her.)
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #4168 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:06 pm

Post by Noraa »

Not the second one. That could be used for too many people i feel. The first seems alright.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #4169 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:07 pm

Post by Noraa »

NTH NTH NTH NTH NTH NTH NTH NTH
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4170 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:23 pm

Post by mastina »

While these give me a smile and I like them, I want more discussion on them before moving forward on them.
In post 4166, Ariel wrote:
Nominate lalaladucks for Study Buddy

Ok I'm sorry but I feel we can do way better than her current title so just putting this one out there too

OK actually I guess I could explain this. So she tried making a thread for studying for medical school, but a GD mod locked it with the reasoning "No." Then SleepyKrew made the "as performance art we watch lalaladucks study" thread in the Speakeasy and for some reason that was allowed, and we've been watching her study for like five years because yikes lots of school. Also ducks is someone that a lot of people want to be buddies with and that's why she has a very long GTKAS thread and does well in SUPP and all that. And yes there are a lot of directions you can go in for a ducks title, but almost all of them are better than "Best Newcrummer"
Would love to have more thoughts on this one, too!
In post 4153, Ariel wrote:
Nominate VashtaNeurotic for Bullet Trains
(or
Bullet Trainer
if that sounds better?)
This is a good nomination, so:
48 hours
on
Bullet Trains
/
Bullet Trainer
for
VastaNeurotic
:
(expired on 2022-03-07 03:23:15)
Speak now, or forever hold your peace.
In post 4159, Ariel wrote:
This is also a good nomination, so:
48 hours
on
the fun in funeral
for
Shrek
:
This one, too, is
also
a good nomination, so:
48 hours
on
Operative Excelence
for
CreativeMod1
:
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #4171 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:30 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 4170, mastina wrote:48 hours on Bullet Trains/Bullet Trainer for VastaNeurotic:
1 day, 23 hours, 55 minutes
I feel like there was room for a pun here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4172 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:34 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4171, Ythan wrote:I feel like there was room for a pun here.
Maybe but the me who is good at wordplay is asleep right now, leaving only the dummy dum dum me awake. :P
Ariel
Ariel
none please
Ariel
none please

Post Post #4173 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:36 pm

Post by Ariel »

I did have a couple of other ideas for vash (that included lecture wall, tactical compete, loyal advisor) but it takes a lot of effort to explain LSG titles so I did the write-up on the one that seemed the least generic to me
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #4174 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:42 pm

Post by Ythan »

Vash title's great I meant the hold your peace part, in case that wasn't clear.

Return to “Player Titles”