HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 3:59 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 849, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 847, HoldenGolden wrote:Moreover, it seems votato didnt get a description of what a janitor is since he admitted somewhere to searching the wiki for info on it.
I don't believe this. His Role PM would have described the ability.
uh not exactly sure. From what I gather on the wiki, the janitor would be a scum role.
From that plus my role PM I guess my role has something to do with being anti-janitor?
I'm not exactly sure how it would work. sorry. i think the watcher ability only activates if im successful, if that helps.

i think being useless is probably correlated with being scum. You all seem to know BS much better than I, and if hes a really good player, then theres probably a method somewhere in the apparent madness. I guess this sort of confusion is why I want to wait before jumping to any conclusions about anyone. ironically, this uncertainty makes me a bit useless, so i guess im confirmed scum.
It seems that his role PM didnt include how the janitor part interacts with the rest. Hes speculating on how it works given the fact that janitor is normally a scum role and thus his modifier is countering that.

Which makes no sense since he is also a doctor which can just heal somebody who is getting shot while also watching them, seeing who tried to do it (though doc doesnt get notice they successfully healed I think which makes it at least not impossible)
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:07 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I. Do. Not. Believe. Him.

Like - this right here:
In post 788, votato wrote:uh not exactly sure. From what I gather on the wiki, the janitor would be a scum role. From that plus my role PM I guess my role has something to do with being anti-janitor? I'm not exactly sure how it would work. sorry. i think the watcher ability only activates if im successful, if that helps.
I. Do. Not. Believe. Him.

Role PM would describe the necessary functions to understand the role, and if someone had questions regarding what was written why would they go to the wiki instead of the mod for clarification? Probably because he had to think of a fake claim that didn't out him as scum and so he researched on the wiki or a scum buddy provided something to him but didn't fully explain it. Or...I don't know, maybe the mod provided fake claim was a starting point and he went from there but didn't fully understand it.
In post 1, Krazy wrote:Scum safe claims/safe flavor claims? There are mod-provided sample fakeclaims for at least some of the scum but whether they are "safeclaims" is open to debate. I encourage scum to hand-craft their own fakeclaims using the mod-provided fakeclaims as a starting point. The mod-provided fake-claims should prevent the game from being broken by a day-1 massclaim, beyond that I do not make strong promises on the utility of the mod-provided fakeclaims.
:shock:

Fact is, if it was a real role he would have understood or sought clarification from the mod. If it was a fake (I THINK IT IS) claim, then mod gave a blueprint and he had to research the rest.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:09 am

Post by PenguinPower »

And the fact that he is ignoring this makes me want to tunnel him until he is wiped from this game completely....not just lynched...wiped out from existing in this game.
<(") | (")>
Birds and the Boys
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:11 am

Post by Birds and the Boys »

In post 837, farside22 wrote:VOTE: votato
Holdens push on the claim and lack of follow through from votato makes me think hes scum.
I still think birds is scum. Fire doesn't read his normally bubbly self
would it help u townread me if I told u I only lied about being miller once before as scum.

surely I wouldn't be so foolish to do that again.

~fire
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:14 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 825, April Ludgate wrote:The lowest tier is the best because I can be shit, and rise, and have it look super good. From the top, only way you can go is down.
In post 853, PenguinPower wrote:And the fact that he is ignoring this makes
me want to tunnel him until he is wiped from this game completely....not just lynched...wiped out from existing in this game.
Why the extreme response? Lynched = died unless there is a way to revive him? Which is pointless if he is scum.

Do you think then his stubbornness to claim was him buying time to figure out a fakeclaim?
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:15 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

Gah forever scum April somehow sneaked her post into that one
Birds and the Boys
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:15 am

I am at a loss on who I should buddy up to this game. No one seems friendly enough for me to just pal around with.

Penguin is my mortal enemy.
Dunny is being boring.
Creature is Creature. How do u even buddy up to him.
Clover Ebi is gr8 but not active enough.
Bingle could be fun to buddy up to but probably won't win me any medals for tricking.
votato I haven't known long enough to form a real meaningful relationship so I can't possibly buddy him. I am no skank.
Farside not susceptible to my buddying
Hydras aren't buddy material
lol mastinaa
holy shit dr easy bake is in this gme? must be scum.

~fire
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:18 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 857, Birds and the Boys wrote:I am at a loss on who I should buddy up to this game. No one seems friendly enough for me to just pal around with.

Penguin is my mortal enemy.
Dunny is being boring.
Creature is Creature. How do u even buddy up to him.
Clover Ebi is gr8 but not active enough.
Bingle could be fun to buddy up to but probably won't win me any medals for tricking.
votato I haven't known long enough to form a real meaningful relationship so I can't possibly buddy him. I am no skank.
Farside not susceptible to my buddying
Hydras aren't buddy material
lol mastinaa
holy shit dr easy bake is in this gme? must be scum.

~fire
I'd be your buddy but I'm not on this list.

Way to go making the association read easier on us fire. I'm unbanning myself from the scum qt so I can ban you.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:18 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 855, HoldenGolden wrote:
In post 825, April Ludgate wrote:The lowest tier is the best because I can be shit, and rise, and have it look super good. From the top, only way you can go is down.
In post 853, PenguinPower wrote:And the fact that he is ignoring this makes
me want to tunnel him until he is wiped from this game completely....not just lynched...wiped out from existing in this game.
Why the extreme response? Lynched = died unless there is a way to revive him? Which is pointless if he is scum.

Do you think then his stubbornness to claim was him buying time to figure out a fakeclaim?
I wanted to hammer the point home that I am going to tunnel him with extreme prejudice.

I think it's quite feasible that his stubbornness was to buy time.
<(") | (")>
Birds and the Boys
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:20 am

In post 854, Birds and the Boys wrote:
In post 837, farside22 wrote:VOTE: votato
Holdens push on the claim and lack of follow through from votato makes me think hes scum.
I still think birds is scum. Fire doesn't read his normally bubbly self
would it help u townread me if I told u I only lied about being miller once before as scum.

surely I wouldn't be so foolish to do that again.

~fire
man I have a funny story on that fake miller claim because that should have gotten me lynched in LYLO.

lol

~fire
Birds and the Boys
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:21 am

In post 858, HoldenGolden wrote:I'd be your buddy but I'm not on this list. Way to go making the association read easier on us fire. I'm unbanning myself from the scum qt so I can ban you.
I DONT GAIN ANYTHING FROM BUDDYING UP TO MY SCUM ALLIES U NEWB.

GO BACK TO BEING BANNED
Birds and the Boys
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:22 am

In post 736, Dr Easy Bake wrote:Damn, y'all balled the fuck out for D1, I'll have time to read up tomorrow. For now:
VOTE: Conspire
I'm kinda over conspiracies right now...
can I scum read easybake for one post because he never came back?

~fire
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:25 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

I just want to be loved fire! It's so lonely being outside the pub while you and the others discuss the plan! I'm cold and wet.

PP I got that. I'm more confused on why you felt the need to post something like that tonally on a player who is already at L2.

Are you normally hyperbolical?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:28 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Wow, good question.
<(") | (")>
Birds and the Boys
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:29 am

penguin as we are mortal enemies lets death tunnel scumread each other. Okay?

Ur like mega confirmed scum to me now.

Congrats. U filthy bird.

~fire (not the bird half of this hydra)
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:31 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Help me lynch your buddy and then I'll tunnel you until the ends of time and space.
<(") | (")>
Birds and the Boys
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:33 am

u know back in my day I didn't need to barter for people to tunnel me. They would do it free of charge. Because they actually believed in me being scum.

I miss those times.

~fire
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:36 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 864, PenguinPower wrote:Wow, good question.
Dont shrug it off you naughty penguin

That information where votato read a wiki was already in the thread for a bit. You quoted that post from votato eariler to dunn for the first half, meaning you at least read half of it. I dont know why it took me having to bring it up for you to announce your death tunnel.

852 feels like forced reaction to me because of it. You already seemingly knew what krazy posted about scums fakeclaims given the way you worded the first paragraph, making the whole emoji bit afterwards off. The follow up "this man needs to die no matter what" adds to it more.
Birds and the Boys
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:36 am

In post 868, HoldenGolden wrote:

That information where votato read a wiki was already in the thread for a bit. You quoted that post from votato eariler to dunn for the first half, meaning you at least read half of it. I dont know why it took me having to bring it up for you to announce your death tunnel.

852 feels like forced reaction to me because of it. You already seemingly knew what krazy posted about scums fakeclaims given the way you worded the first paragraph, making the whole emoji bit afterwards off. The follow up "this man needs to die no matter what" adds to it more.
He is a scum penguin. Don't listen to his lies.

~fire
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:37 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 867, Birds and the Boys wrote:u know back in my day I didn't need to barter for people to tunnel me. They would do it free of charge. Because they actually believed in me being scum.

I miss those times.

~fire
Can I reverse tunnel you by calling you town no matter what? Or do you think the townies will get suspicious?
Birds and the Boys
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Birds and the Boys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:39 am

In post 870, HoldenGolden wrote:
In post 867, Birds and the Boys wrote:u know back in my day I didn't need to barter for people to tunnel me. They would do it free of charge. Because they actually believed in me being scum.

I miss those times.

~fire
Can I reverse tunnel you by calling you town no matter what? Or do you think the townies will get suspicious?
I say we do whatever makes us so suspicious we cross into the territory of "wait would scum be this suspicious/blatant?" and then we get townread for that.

so we should lock town each other. lets not make it natural at all.

I think ur town because u used the word "Can" in such an obvi town way.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:40 am

Post by PenguinPower »

852 was me being annoyed at you for trying to explain his not knowing his role despite the fact I already said I didn't believe him. Hence. The. Multiple. Periods. And. Explanation. With. Sarcasm. Injected.

Your question about me posting hyperbolically is a dumb question because what am I going to say? It's a leading question that prompts me to say yes.
<(") | (")>
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:41 am

Post by votato »

In post 843, HoldenGolden wrote:
In post 830, votato wrote:yeah... in my short tenure, I've learned that when i give firm early game reads i come off as scummy and have shit takes. I'll work on improving it. Farside can vouch.
VOTE: Votato L2 since last VC was a bit ago

You didnt give a firm read on Calvin though.

It's less about giving a firm or confused answer, and more how it is done. Scum from my experience tends to over justify things to look like their posting has more merit to it. You often see it in day 1 read lists by them for example where most of it is null reads with one or two paragraphs.

In your response to Calvin you, in order,
- said that it in theory is scum driven
- suggesting it is NAI
- its town because it can be used as a reaction test
- calvin isnt using it as a reaction test
- Calvin's usage of it is scummy
- but he needs to be asked questions regarding it to make sure.

Uncommital, self undermining, and more importantly overtly winded wishy washy read on Calvin.

I guess I could tie in you didnt end up questing calvin after that post which would also make sense from a townie presepctive, but I jumped the gun I think too quickly by revealing it to use it.

So:

What do you make of Dunn's unvote on you and farsides vote?
Are you just confused about bingles logic or do you think he is stretching to whitenight you? If latter, would it be scum or town driven?
I dont think much of either the vote or the unvote. I will say i think the order of those votes in quick succession probably means they aren't both scum.

I'm starting to think i just can't win here. Every time i take a firm stance early game people scum read me. So here i tried to just keep and open mind, and people scum read me anyway. Yes, im wishy washy and fence sitty. My reads will solidify as the game goes on. Maybe that's scummy, but it is what it is. If i need to be the day 1 lynch here, i guess that's fine. But I'm very much low hanging fruit, and i feel like there's gotta be scum driving this wagon.

My role explains the pieces. I didn't really realize how much i didn't understand it until i had to explain it. It seems that if my target gets janitored, i heal and watch. If not, i do nothing.

Penguin, can i have like 12 hours away from the game sometimes to sleep and go outside?

Pedit: yeah i agree. Pp seems forced and overblown. As an admin shouldn't he be the one telling us to chill?
HoldenGolden
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
HoldenGolden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 4:41 am

Post by HoldenGolden »

In post 869, Birds and the Boys wrote:

He is a scum penguin. Don't listen to his lies.

~fire
He is not on our qt though unless you got him to replace me.

Help me push the mislynch for christ sake. What do you think of 852? You've played with pp before, is that normal for him?

Pedit: well your clearly town since scum would never town read their buddy. Everyone knows scum only busses

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”