Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 9:34 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

Spoiler: Isis
In post 57, Isis wrote:If I had to guess which direction to interpret Element's I would say it's town indicative for him, because he seems to be more passive day one when he has a green role PM.

I'd probably dislike it if he were anyone else.
In post 65, Isis wrote:Elements probably votes humaneatingmonkey there as every alignment except unlyncher, I think, but doing so silently is town for him.
In post 68, Isis wrote:
In post 66, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 63, Isis wrote:He might also onboard to the plan, but I'd expect him to self-consciously feel obligated to provide some shred of his own reasoning for participating.
see this is weird because i was trying to browse his recent games and i found not one thing that can give me this kind of idea. At least 5 of his last games have been town, and his most recent scum game he kinda replaced into.

so to have this kind of conclusion of declaring that he is "paradoxically town", you guys must have a lot of history. can you give me insight on past games that might give you this idea?
[Can't figure out nested spoilers]

D1 scum!Elements
Your more recent scumgame might hold more weight, I don't know of it, but, here's to let you know where I'm coming from.
In post 69, Isis wrote:General pattern there is either objecting to bad planning or trying to get some kind of value out of joining in on stuffs

I think I have played 5 games with Elements? I have played with him bunches.

I have a few observations about this interaction.

(1) This read makes sense with the evidence provided, so I'm inclined to lean a pinch towards town!Elements.
(2) I think scum!Isis has equity
not
to tr Elements, who doesn't seem particularly valuable to pocket and would likely be wanted kept open for potential D1 lynchbait as one of the trollier players in this game. This is the case except when Elements is also scum. That's relevant because it would mean a future town!Elements flip I think offers some support for town!Isis.
(3) Isis appears to be quite experienced which means I'm less confident in reading them without associatives and VCA etc., especially since they're an alt and hence have no meta. In any case she appears both competent and proactive, someone helpful both in this day phase and later ones. So precluding a blatant scumslip I'd rule her out as the D1 lynch.

Spoiler: votato
In post 64, votato wrote:and im still waiting for people with the red PMs to out... would be very helpful for some outside research im doing
In post 73, votato wrote:
In post 67, Isis wrote:Votato do you have a red role pm?
nope. mine is blue, or whatever the town color is.

I keep seeing this intentional scumslipping/scumclaiming nonsense. What game-theoretical purpose does it drive?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 9:36 pm

Post by Isis »

I'm an open alt, Deimos, you can request meta games if you want to
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 9:42 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 274, Isis wrote:No, I think h.e.m. was townreading me either way. I just think it's somewhat scum indicative that at that juncture he's more concerned with litigating an approach to RVS that's slightly worse than any other approach rather building an emergent townbloc in a nightless game. It's not about dissonance, it's about priorities.
Like when I was in Guns and Roses and someone with zero games replaced in with an obvtown post that only one other person wanted to townlock, I spent like my next umpteen posts saying "cyanjet is town, don't ever lynch it after I'm dead".
In your post you certainly seemed to be speaking in terms of internal consistency and dissonance, no? This point you're now making about priorities I think has more value, since it shows some disposition towards IIoA.
In post 277, Isis wrote:I'm an open alt, Deimos, you can request meta games if you want to
Oh, I'm dumb I thought "open alt" meant an alt for open games. Yeah I'd appreciate it if you linked, say, your two most recent town and scum games on your main account. If you don't want to search through your own games just link the profile, I'll do it myself.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 9:45 pm

Post by Isis »

I can see how you could interpret it that way but my latter explanation is what I meant.

I'll fetch you four games in a moment.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 9:45 pm

Post by Isis »

*later
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 9:48 pm

Post by Isis »

Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 9:49 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 273, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Wait... so i’m the mafia?
I'll get back to you on that when I'm done reading. Back to class for now.

And yes, I see what you did there.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun May 03, 2020 9:53 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 1.10

TargetWagon
NorwegianboyEE
(2)
Alisae (), Green Crayons ()
votato
(2)
humaneatingmonkey (), Elements ()
Green Crayons
(2)
Isis (), Firebringer ()
Isis
(1)
Albert B. Rampage ()
Firebringer
(1)
Cycle Men ()
Elements
(1)
Looker ()
humaneatingmonkey
(1)
votato ()
Cycle Men
(1)
NorwegianboyEE ()
Not Voting
(1)
Deimos27 ()

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-05-08 06:42:59).
Last edited by northsidegal on Mon May 04, 2020 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 12:52 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 267, Firebringer wrote:
In post 266, Alisae wrote:why are people voting green crayons
he broke my hat
And I don't regret it.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 12:52 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 235, Firebringer wrote:I think u got 48 hours left of my vote isis
What does this mean, by the way? I interpret it in two different ways, but neither makes sense.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 12:55 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 285, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 235, Firebringer wrote:I think u got 48 hours left of my vote isis
What does this mean, by the way? I interpret it in two different ways, but neither makes sense.
Pretty sure he’s referring to the agreement he would vote whoever they did for a limited time.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 1:02 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Norwegian, who is scum?
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 1:07 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Spoiler: Elements
In post 80, Elements wrote:I son't like votata's "ooh look idk what a town role pm is i must be scum oooh look oooh" (read int Morty's voice)
Why is it scummy? I see that behaviour from many players regardless of alignment just as part of a trolly meta.
In post 81, Elements wrote:I like isis although that coulld be just because they've expressed my play so far is town indicative
How does the fact that you're not sure yourself about your reasons for townreading Isis reflect on the reliability of that read? If you're aware that your reads are susceptible to pocketing, you should be trying to resolve that and identify the actual logical reasons in favour and against your read, rather than throwing your hands up and proclaiming uncertainty.
In post 82, Elements wrote:I'm thinking looker town atm and fire town
So far on page 4 these two have offered a grand total of approximately zero actual gamesolving content. Some people are proud about their ability to scumhunt through fluff. I am not. Why are these players town?

@Elements, questions within the spoiler. Feel free to ignore if already answered later in the thread.

Spoiler: Isis vs votato
In post 91, votato wrote:
In post 90, Isis wrote:votato what do you think of Elements?
i think thats a lot of reads to have on page 4. i also think thats a lot of reads to have without explaining them. but mostly i think its page 4, so im gonna wait about 40 pages before i come to any conclusions. or maybe not, we will see. i dont have any conclusions drawn yet. if element were to flip scum id wonder if you were trying to get a read on me to see if im dangerous and worth mislynching. the answer is that im not, and you coulda just said you had a red role pm and then asked me straight up.
In post 94, Isis wrote:I have all sorts of theory opinions about this topic I'd want to say postgame but I'm not sure whether they serve my wincon right now.

#91 strikes me a smidge disingenuous. Town!votato is pretty aware that an iso with little content besides scumclaim wifom isn't very threatening to a scum!Isis, irrespective of attitudes towards Elements.
In post 95, votato wrote:Exactly. Im an unknown. I havent said anything useful so far iirc. Therefore, ask me a direct probing question so i either reveal danger level or look scummy, or both. The question serves town!isis, but also scum!isis

I'm inclined to agree with Isis that this is slightly scum-indicative from votato, not because his logic is wrong (though I do disagree with the scum motivation that he identifies if scum!Isis = True*), but because this comes off as unnecessarily throwing shade at Isis by bringing up the scum motivation when town motivation is equally likely and honestly rather obvious. I especially like this if town!Isis = True, since scum!votato shading her is completely consistent with his opinion that scum is well off targeting dangerous townies. Assuming he agrees with my assessment that Isis looks both experienced and competent, at least relative to many other players in this game.

*Votato's main point (which I think is clear enough in at the latest) seems to be that scum!Isis has motivation to question him because he either makes a mistake and turns out to be an easy mislynch or reveals some degree of resistance (which votato implies is something that scum wants and would proceed to attempt to lynch). I find it very unlikely that the latter reason is present. Scum hardly needs to investigate how dangerous town!votato is at this time; they have a four player team, and plausibly already know from past experience who the dangerous scumhunters are, in case their gameplan is to push one of them. Furthermore, activating a so-far passive and unhelpful townie is way better for town than it is for scum.

Spoiler: HEM vs votato
In post 99, humaneatingmonkey wrote:why vote me, votato?
In post 100, votato wrote:
In post 99, humaneatingmonkey wrote:why vote me, votato?
it was a pretty obvious rvs vote. ive since moved to a different vote that is very serious, you should ask me about that instead
In post 101, humaneatingmonkey wrote:it's not because of what isis tried to do D1?
In post 103, votato wrote:oh no. i think that its a dumb plan on its face in terms of doing it explicitly like that. i meant that organic food is a scam. so i guess in a way its because of isis, but more because of your response to what she said.
In post 105, humaneatingmonkey wrote:so it's not rvs.

and you said this:
In post 97, votato wrote:
In post 96, Isis wrote:The absence of something useful is a trek into the negatives. I don't know what meta you're used to, but active lurking is hardly something I'd ever consider "an unknown".
oh ill contribute later. and im not actively lurking, because im making no effort to seem like im contributing. until very recently, when you tricked me. away, demon!
and now that you say that, it's not true at all.

VOTE: votato

I am completely unable to follow HEM's thought process. An RVS vote is not necessarily completely random, many players employ joke reasons for them. In this case, votato's joke reason was in protesting to doing this "organically", which is why he says the cause is technically HEM (by making the comment about organics) and Isis in the longer term (by making her entrance which prompted the comment about organics). And as far as I can see these responses are perfectly consistent with someone who is making no pretense at contributing.
@HEM, please explain more comprehensively why votato is scummy here.
In post 115, Firebringer wrote:u are correct.
VOTE: humaneatingmonkey

u can have my vote for the next 72 hours. do what u wnt with 2 votes.
A sheep in growlithe's clothing. What is the cause of this apparently immense trust you have of Isis?
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 1:15 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Do players just get more inclined to post fluff the more experienced they get? This open has like half the game-relevant-content density of a Newbie.
Cycle Men
Cycle Men
Goon
Cycle Men
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 1:40 am

Post by Cycle Men »

In post 289, Deimos27 wrote:Do players just get more inclined to post fluff the more experienced they get? This open has like half the game-relevant-content density of a Newbie.
yes
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 1:41 am

Post by Green Crayons »

If a player is Incredibly Serious From Page 1 in their first phases of being a mafia, they might swing too much in the other direction of Never Serious Until Day 2 in phase two.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 1:41 am

Post by Green Crayons »

being a mafia player*
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 1:44 am

Post by Green Crayons »

ofc we haven't hit day 2 yet. still time for Very Serious Posts!
Cycle Men
Cycle Men
Goon
Cycle Men
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 1:46 am

Post by Cycle Men »

In post 291, Green Crayons wrote:If a player is Incredibly Serious From Page 1 in their first phases of being a mafia, they might swing too much in the other direction of Never Serious Until Day 2 in phase two.
oh hey my life story
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 1:48 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 287, Green Crayons wrote:Norwegian, who is scum?
Ehh. I’d prefer to base my reads around flips and wagon analyzis in a nightless. But i guess my weaker personal reads for go to scum would be fluffposter Firebringer and Lurkey Cycleman. Looker be looking kinda bad too. But he has an abhorrent towngame in my experience so anything goes.
A bit dissapointed Alisae hasn’t been on my ass more ever since that initial push. The fact that they pushed a scumread before becoming relatively toned down points to bad mojo if you ask me man.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 1:55 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Spoiler: Page 6 catch-up
In post 135, Alisae wrote:norwee scum and if he actually flips scum im calling isis town
also monkey is probably town

reading pg 4 now
scum!Norwegian -> town!Isis makes sense because scum!Norwegian has no reason to fabricate that early suspicion of Isis when they're scumpartners, but why is HEM town?
In post 140, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 138, Alisae wrote:mostly because it feels like Norwee is forcing himself to push this.
It just doesn't look like scumhunting to me
Watch me.
VOTE: Isis
Why is Isis scum though??
In post 147, Cycle Men wrote:god i could go for a burger rn
Have you considered... playing the game?
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 1:56 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 294, Cycle Men wrote:
In post 291, Green Crayons wrote:If a player is Incredibly Serious From Page 1 in their first phases of being a mafia, they might swing too much in the other direction of Never Serious Until Day 2 in phase two.
oh hey my life story
Will you make any read whatsoever if I ask really nicely?
Or shall we policy lynch you instead? ^^
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 1:59 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

There are multiple slots in this game i’d be happy to see get policy lynched tbh.

- Bunno
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 1:59 am

Post by Deimos27 »

In post 153, Looker wrote:
In post 133, Alisae wrote:why do you have pops avatar
I knew I'd seen that somewhere.
In post 146, Isis wrote:GREEN CRAYONS YOU ARE 3.14159265% OF WHY I QUEUED FOR THIS GAME U BETTER COME PLAY WITH ME
SAME! :eek:
In post 148, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Albert was super hyped for the game to start from what i remember in the queue.
Maybe he doesn't like playing as scum?

These votechart graphs are faaancy

VOTE: humaneatingmonkey
Is this a serious vote?

Return to “Completed Open Games”