Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:10 am

Post by Covid 19 »

Day 1 VC #2

Auro (1): Vecna ()
Alchemist21 (1): farside22 ()
EspeciallyTheLies (1): Miss Lynch ()
mastina (1): EspeciallyTheLies ()
Miss Lynch (1): Nero Cain ()
Not Voting (16): momo, Auro, Hoctac, 5G Tower, Jake the Wolfie, Odelschwanck, Allan90, No łynch, Alchemist21, Elements, Flavor Leaf, davesaz, 50 Judge Powers, mastina, Tchill13, Saudade

With 21 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch a player.

This phase will end on May 19, 2020 1:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2020-05-19 13:00:00).

Moderator Notes1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
Please note the prodding rules. You are prodded after 32 hours of inactivity except on Saturday-Monday.

3. I will be using a combination of automated votecounts and manually doing them. This allows me to update the voting history and spot any errors in the automated votecounts. The manual votecounts will possess a slightly different format and will include post numbers in parenthesis rather than post count.
Please do not post if you have not confirmed yet.

No lynch is an option. To ensure no confusion occurs between not lynching and lynching No łynch, you absolutely MUST spell "No łynch" exactly like that with the special character.
Last edited by Covid 19 on Tue May 05, 2020 5:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
Even mafiascum.net isn't safe!

SIR Disease Mafia is over!
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:11 am

Post by Auro »

I think Elements may be scum but I'm not so sure I should be voting there.. ?? what do you guys think
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:13 am

Post by Miss Lane »

The following post does not:
  • Specifically ask how to become immune for town. It does not even bold such an inquiry as a question to the mod, or really even pose it as a question at all
  • Inform the town of any new information ETL has gained from such inquiry in private
It does, however, anguish publicly about the woes of being town, and spends a significant amount of time invested in such an endeavor. It even asks the mod if it is ok to tell everyone that they asked the mod a question without sharing the answer to the question that has been asked or even re-asking the question publicly (as the lack of answer implies private investigation did not yield results).

In post 11, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 9, Elements wrote:
In post 7, Auro wrote:
Mutate: EspeciallyTheLies
This is scary
I think it's bullshit.

However, I would like to know how we gain immunity, because nothing in my role PM explained that bit. I didn't know if I should direct the question publicly to the mod in the thread or not, so I asked via PM. <<<
@mod: I hope this is ok to post?
The rules on this site have changed so much since I last played regularly, I have no idea whats kosher anymore.
ftr ML has played pretty well and deserves a win if they get it. - pisskop
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:13 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 18, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 14, Miss Lane wrote:Nero, are you related to Eddie Came in any way?
thankfully no.

Also kinda think ETL is scum.
then vote me? You always think I'm scum.
In post 11, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 9, Elements wrote:
In post 7, Auro wrote:
Mutate: EspeciallyTheLies
This is scary
I think it's bullshit.

However, I would like to know how we gain immunity, because nothing in my role PM explained that bit. I didn't know if I should direct the question publicly to the mod in the thread or not, so I asked via PM. <<<
@mod: I hope this is ok to post?
The rules on this site have changed so much since I last played regularly, I have no idea whats kosher anymore.
Mod declined to provide an answer.. :?
Art is cool.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 11, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:However, I would like to know how we gain immunity, because nothing in my role PM explained that bit. I didn't know if I should direct the question publicly to the mod in the thread or not, so I asked via PM
My thinking was along the lines of "scum would care more about knowing how not to be infected"

but then like that doesn't make total sense to me with the scum wincon
In post 1, Covid 19 wrote:5c. Mafia/Infected Win Condition: Gain parity with the town.
if mafia and infected why would she give a shit?

and one of the alt win cons is for town to gain immunity
In post 1, Covid 19 wrote:5b. Town Alternate Win Condition: Have half or more of all living players gain permanent immunity to the disease.
so like town tell? fake town tell? Why are you asking me about ETL but not Miss lynch?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:15 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 24, Auro wrote:
In post 16, Vecna wrote:VOTE: Auro

For not mutating _ME_
Let's just infect each other :3
Or, you know, we can just be coronabuddies
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:16 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 20, Nero Cain wrote: maybe? I'm not so sure after all. Game is a lil' odd.
I don't understand what would make someone say this, it seems relatively straight forward to me.
In post 26, Auro wrote:I think Elements may be scum but I'm not so sure I should be voting there.. ?? what do you guys think
. :?: :!:
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:16 am

In post 27, Miss Lane wrote:The following post does not:
  • Specifically ask how to become immune for town. It does not even bold such an inquiry as a question to the mod, or really even pose it as a question at all
.... because, as I stated, I asked via PM.
  • Inform the town of any new information ETL has gained from such inquiry in private
It does, however, anguish publicly about the woes of being town, and spends a significant amount of time invested in such an endeavor. It even asks the mod if it is ok to tell everyone that they asked the mod a question without sharing the answer to the question that has been asked or even re-asking the question publicly (as the lack of answer implies private investigation did not yield results).
The game literally JUST started, and as soon as I received a response, I posted what I learned.

Man you are trying so hard.
Art is cool.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Vecna »

This type of trying hard is the good type of trying hard though
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:18 am

Post by Vecna »

because all the points they make are quite good, and such public displays of "townyness" are often faked

Nero cain especially with his reservation afterwards due to setup weirdness

I can only approve of such
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:19 am

VOTE: Miss Lynch
#realvote

I get being jumpy and excited for a game, but the posts don't come off that way AT ALL. Instead they seem like forcing conclusions in order to push someone for anything at all, rather than actually trying to find scum.

p-edit:
Vecna wrote:This type of trying hard is the good type of trying hard though
No. It's not. There's a difference between genuinely believing something is scummy and shoe-horning a case from nothing.

p-edit 2:
Vecna wrote:because all the points they make are quite good, and such public displays of "townyness" are often faked

Nero cain especially with his reservation afterwards due to setup weirdness

I can only approve of such
Then vote me :D
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:20 am

Come on yall. I'm so scummy for asking a legit question? :lol: This is what mafia is all about. Bring it on, and then in a few days we can watch the actual scum fumble around for an explanation about it. ;)
Art is cool.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 34, Vecna wrote:Nero cain especially with his reservation afterwards due to setup weirdness
Are you scum reading me?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Nero Cain »

What if ETL/Miss Lynch is just TvT and scum Vecna is sitting back and just trying to encourage it? was p odd.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Auro »

In post 30, Vecna wrote:Or, you know, we can just be coronabuddies
Wouldn't infecting each other mean we are then coronabuddies
Nero Cain wrote:What if ETL/Miss Lynch is just TvT and scum Vecna is sitting back and just trying to encourage it? was p odd.
Vecna/Nero Cain TvT and I encourage it!
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:30 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 32, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 27, Miss Lane wrote:The following post does not:
.... because, as I stated, I asked via PM.
The game literally JUST started, and as soon as I received a response, I posted what I learned.
Why tell everyone you asked the question at all if you had no response? Why not ask the question again publicly if privately did not work? Why spend an entire paragraph on whether or not it's ok to ask a question in the game thread? Is any part of you surprised that you have failed to receive any useful information in a setup that very much appears to be simultaneously closed and well-thought out? Look at the work that appears to be put into this game, did you think that not telling the players how to become immune is an after-thought?
Man you are trying so hard.
There is no part of this statement that comes from an optimal town mindset. It is defensive and dismissive of points that are legitimate. I do understand that often town players become defensive and take stances, so I won't push this much further, but I will (try) to make you aware that I am not in the slightest dissuaded by this.
In post 35, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:VOTE: Miss Lynch
#realvote

I get being jumpy and excited for a game, but the posts don't come off that way AT ALL. Instead they seem like forcing conclusions in order to push someone for anything at all, rather than actually trying to find scum.
Or this.

In fact, what part of this OMGUS-y bullshit do you legitimately think is town? Do you actually think it's scummy to be voting someone for real on page 1? Are you legitimately trying to persuade players to believe that an un-random vote is not a town mindset, that it is not in their best interest to "try hard," and that bringing up legitimate problems with another player's play is anti-town?
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:32 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 38, Nero Cain wrote:What if ETL/Miss Lynch is just TvT and scum Vecna is sitting back and just trying to encourage it? was p odd.
Plausible, but I haven't been at someone else's throat right out the gate in a while, and ETL seems to be enjoying it, so unless the back-and-forth becomes particularly detrimental I intend to continue until I feel [/i]real[/i] good about calling it TvT.
In post 36, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Come on yall. I'm so scummy for asking a legit question? :lol: This is what mafia is all about. Bring it on, and then in a few days we can watch the actual scum fumble around for an explanation about it. ;)
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:33 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 34, Vecna wrote:because all the points they make are quite good, and such public displays of "townyness" are often faked
wheres that etl vote if you think this?
In post 34, Vecna wrote:Nero cain especially with his reservation afterwards due to setup weirdness
not really sure what this says.
In post 34, Vecna wrote:I can only approve of such
you approve of a 1v1 but you aren't using your vote to pick a side?

[post=Vecna]Vecna[/post]

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:34 am

In post 40, Miss Lane wrote:Why tell everyone you asked the question at all if you had no response?
I didn't say I had no response. I said the mod declined to provide an answer. At the time I posted the question, I hadn't gotten a reply yet.
In post 40, Miss Lane wrote:There is no part of this statement that comes from an optimal town mindset.
.... I'm not sure you're qualified to make this judgement, considering I know my alignment, I know I'm town, therefore in my eyes, this statement is blatantly false and makes me think you are either a) scum making shit up on purpose in order to create a case out of thin air or b) just a bad town player.
In post 40, Miss Lane wrote:OMGUS-y bullshit do you legitimately think is town?
It's not actually "OMGUS-y bullshit" and saying so is a really thinly veiled attempt to discredit my original argument, which is that you are forcing nonsense into a bad case in order to backup your original vote that had nothing until I continued to post. Real town cases aren't built that way. You collect the evidence FIRST, and THEN you build the case, not the other way around.
Art is cool.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:35 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 36, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Come on yall. I'm so scummy for asking a legit question? :lol: This is what mafia is all about. Bring it on, and then in a few days we can watch the actual scum fumble around for an explanation about it. ;)
It is specifically
not
asking the question that is scummy. This is not even close to an accurate representation of my stance on you, and the fourth post you've made this game that reeks of dishonesty.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

VOTE: vecna

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:36 am

In post 41, Miss Lane wrote:ETL seems to be enjoying it
Yes actually. I've missed mafia. And whether we end up continuing to cross-vote because you're not making any sense, or you show me that you're being genuine about this nonsense, either way, this is good info.
Art is cool.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:37 am

Post by Auro »

In post 46, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 41, Miss Lane wrote:ETL seems to be enjoying it
Yes actually.
I like EspeciallyTheLies :D
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:39 am

Like, I'm willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, but it has to be with a well-communicated idea, and so far I keep seeing buzzwords and flimsy accusations about "not having a town mindset" which you can't possibly know given the posts up to this point, and "OMGUS-y" bullshit instead of legitimately refuting what I've said, which I've given you the respect of doing in response to your points.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:40 am

In post 44, Miss Lane wrote:
It is specifically
not
asking the question that is scummy. This is not even close to an accurate representation of my stance on you, and the fourth post you've made this game that reeks of dishonesty.
Because the goddamn rules say don't ask questions about a myriad of things??? I even explained why I phrased it that specific way... :facepalm:
Art is cool.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”