Post by Covid 19 »

Day 1 VC #3

Auro (1): Vecna ()
Vecna (1): Nero Cain ()
Alchemist21 (1): farside22 ()
EspeciallyTheLies (1): Miss Lynch ()
mastina (0):
Miss Lynch (1): EspeciallyTheLies ()
Not Voting (16): momo, Auro, Hoctac, 5G Tower, Jake the Wolfie, Odelschwanck, Allan90, No łynch, Alchemist21, Elements, Flavor Leaf, davesaz, 50 Judge Powers, mastina, Tchill13, Saudade

With 21 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch a player.

This phase will end on May 19, 2020 1:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2020-05-19 13:00:00).

Moderator Notes1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
Please note the prodding rules. You are prodded after 32 hours of inactivity except on Saturday-Monday.

3. I will be using a combination of automated votecounts and manually doing them. This allows me to update the voting history and spot any errors in the automated votecounts. The manual votecounts will possess a slightly different format and will include post numbers in parenthesis rather than post count.
Please do not post if you have not confirmed yet.

No lynch is an option. To ensure no confusion occurs between not lynching and lynching No łynch, you absolutely MUST spell "No łynch" exactly like that with the special character.
Last edited by Covid 19 on Tue May 05, 2020 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Even mafiascum.net isn't safe!

SIR Disease Mafia is over!
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:42 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

I'm trying to figure out if you are simply misunderstanding a bunch of stuff or if you are pretending that you have in order to fabricate a case....
Art is cool.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:43 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 43, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 40, Miss Lane wrote:Why tell everyone you asked the question at all if you had no response?
I didn't say I had no response. I said the mod declined to provide an answer. At the time I posted the question, I hadn't gotten a reply yet.
The post I'm referring to the third post you made, the one where you did not yet have a response. So yes, at that time you had no response, and my question still stands: "Why tell everyone you asked the question at all if you had no response?"
In post 40, Miss Lane wrote:There is no part of this statement that comes from an optimal town mindset.
.... I'm not sure you're qualified to make this judgement, considering I know my alignment, I know I'm town, therefore in my eyes, this statement is blatantly false and makes me think you are either a) scum making shit up on purpose in order to create a case out of thin air or b) just a bad town player.
You should re-read the statement you quoted. I will restate it for you, since you seemed to have missed certain vital diction:
There is no part of this statement that comes from an optimal town mindset.
If you think that you "knowing" you are town makes any mindset other than yours fail to be the optimal town mind set, you make the argument that you are optimal town and the optimal town approach is taken by you. I can go very much into why this is not the case, particularly because I highly doubt any player on site manages to maintain an optimal town mindset throughout the entirety of any game or even manages to maintain such stubborn insistence that their approach is optimal and anyone claiming otherwise must be scum.
In post 40, Miss Lane wrote:OMGUS-y bullshit do you legitimately think is town?
It's not actually "OMGUS-y bullshit" and saying so is a really thinly veiled attempt to discredit my original argument, which is that you are forcing nonsense into a bad case in order to backup your original vote that had nothing until I continued to post. Real town cases aren't built that way. You collect the evidence FIRST, and THEN you build the case, not the other way around.
I think it's ironic to accuse me of trying to discredit you with statements like that - responding this way only proves my point about you attempting to discredit the case against you through your comments about "trying too hard" and "reaching conclusions." I am, in fact, continuing to collect evidence, but trying to pretend I did not have evidence in the post that I already quoted as evidence seems a bit intentionally false, don't you think?
ftr ML has played pretty well and deserves a win if they get it. - pisskop
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:43 am

In post 44, Miss Lane wrote:This is not even close to an accurate representation of my stance on you, and the fourth post you've made this game that reeks of dishonesty.
"reeks of dishonesty" :lol: :lol: :lol:
my dude... that's how I see it. I asked a question, you jumped down my asscrack.
Art is cool.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

talk to me about Vecna, ETL.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:44 am

In post 52, Miss Lane wrote:If you think that you "knowing" you are town makes any mindset other than yours fail to be the optimal town mind set, you make the argument that you are optimal town and the optimal town approach is taken by you. I can go very much into why this is not the case, particularly because I highly doubt any player on site manages to maintain an optimal town mindset throughout the entirety of any game or even manages to maintain such stubborn insistence that their approach is optimal and anyone claiming otherwise must be scum.
what the fuck are you even talking about... I never said any of that. I guess what I should have said was who the fuck are you to tell me what is optimal town play?
Art is cool.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:44 am

Post by Auro »

VOTE: No łynch
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:46 am

In post 54, Nero Cain wrote:talk to me about Vecna, ETL.
Seems like oblivious town, has a newbie vibe, I'd even guess English may not be first language. Non-zero chance of being inexperienced scum but at the moment I'm gonna risk guessing that most if not all of the people who have posted thus far are probably town.
Art is cool.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 56, Auro wrote:VOTE: No łynch
the last time I was in a game and a player voted for a d1 no lynch they were scum....
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 46, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 41, Miss Lane wrote:ETL seems to be enjoying it
Yes actually. I've missed mafia. And whether we end up continuing to cross-vote because you're not making any sense, or you show me that you're being genuine about this nonsense, either way, this is good info.
You seem to be confused as to which one of us is making more sense here. I highly recommend checking your surroundings.
In post 48, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Like, I'm willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, but it has to be with a well-communicated idea, and so far I keep seeing buzzwords and flimsy accusations about "not having a town mindset" which you can't possibly know given the posts up to this point, and "OMGUS-y" bullshit instead of legitimately refuting what I've said, which I've given you the respect of doing in response to your points.
Are you actually trying to accuse me of not knowing what good town play looks like?

And how are you trying to accuse me of failing to legitimately refute what you've said? I said things first. You haven't said
anything
legitimate
to refute. Your responses to me are obvious attempts to discredit me (which you back up with your own claims), misrepresentations of my stance, and what might be a legitimate failure to read, but could easily be intentional.
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 37, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 34, Vecna wrote:Nero cain especially with his reservation afterwards due to setup weirdness
Are you scum reading me?
No im townreading you for it, because you looked at both sides of the possibilities

you realized it was something scum often do early, but then added some relativism by seeing how town would also do it.

That shit is towny as fuck in my book
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:48 am

I love this post. 1 because Nero is specifically seeking out responses from other people about a slot he's suspicious about, and 2 because whether intended or not, I was started to get heated and this pulled me away for a moment. Scum don't do that. Even scum who know me don't do that. They let me continue to get aggravated and noise-dump in the thread.
Art is cool.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:48 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 33, Vecna wrote:This type of trying hard is the good type of trying hard though
agreed.
In post 35, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:VOTE: Miss Lynch
#realvote

I get being jumpy and excited for a game, but the posts don't come off that way AT ALL. Instead they seem like forcing conclusions in order to push someone for anything at all, rather than actually trying to find scum.

p-edit:
Vecna wrote:This type of trying hard is the good type of trying hard though
No. It's not. There's a difference between genuinely believing something is scummy and shoe-horning a case from nothing.

p-edit 2:
Vecna wrote:because all the points they make are quite good, and such public displays of "townyness" are often faked

Nero cain especially with his reservation afterwards due to setup weirdness

I can only approve of such
Then vote me :D
How long has it been since you played EtL? Have you seen scum push something strong from the jump? Or even the likelyhood of the lynch happening right from the start?
In post 39, Auro wrote:
In post 30, Vecna wrote:Or, you know, we can just be coronabuddies
Wouldn't infecting each other mean we are then coronabuddies
Nero Cain wrote:What if ETL/Miss Lynch is just TvT and scum Vecna is sitting back and just trying to encourage it? was p odd.
Vecna/Nero Cain TvT and I encourage it!
Why do you read venca/neroa TvT?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 39, Auro wrote:
In post 30, Vecna wrote:Or, you know, we can just be coronabuddies
Wouldn't infecting each other mean we are then coronabuddies
Nero Cain wrote:What if ETL/Miss Lynch is just TvT and scum Vecna is sitting back and just trying to encourage it? was p odd.
Vecna/Nero Cain TvT and I encourage it!
Get out, you
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:49 am

In post 59, Miss Lane wrote:You seem to be confused as to which one of us is making more sense here. I highly recommend checking your surroundings.
fuck off i'm done with this convo.
Art is cool.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:49 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 36, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Come on yall. I'm so scummy for asking a legit question? :lol: This is what mafia is all about. Bring it on, and then in a few days we can watch the actual scum fumble around for an explanation about it. ;)
Also, scum often get very defensive about these things, while town will realize that scum would also try to fake it.

So you might wanna sit down, little one
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:51 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 42, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 34, Vecna wrote:because all the points they make are quite good, and such public displays of "townyness" are often faked
wheres that etl vote if you think this?
In post 34, Vecna wrote:Nero cain especially with his reservation afterwards due to setup weirdness
not really sure what this says.
In post 34, Vecna wrote:I can only approve of such
you approve of a 1v1 but you aren't using your vote to pick a side?

[post=Vecna]Vecna[/post]
That is correct. Much rather observe a bit first and see how it develops

/popcorn
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:52 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Oh damn, what did I sign up for? Idk how to play setups like this
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:52 am

In post 62, farside22 wrote:How long has it been since you played EtL? Have you seen scum push something strong from the jump? Or even the likelyhood of the lynch happening right from the start?
It's probably been at least 3 or 4 years since I was playing consistently, but I've played at least 2 or 3 games a year since, on and off, all Newbies.

yes. I have.

I know. That doesn't mean I don't get angry when someone pushes bullshit and then insults me to try to make it happen. To me, it's utter nonsense and a distraction from real scum hunting. Furthermore, the arrogance is a pet peeve of mine. It may have been a few years since I was very active here but I know my worth as a town player, and I don't expect everyone to recognize that but I also really hate when people just come out of nowhere and start insulting my ability to play as town. I'm not doing that. I'm not sitting here saying "Miss Lynch is a shitty player." I'm allowed to be mad about it.
Art is cool.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:52 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 43, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 40, Miss Lane wrote:Why tell everyone you asked the question at all if you had no response?
I didn't say I had no response. I said the mod declined to provide an answer. At the time I posted the question, I hadn't gotten a reply yet.
In post 40, Miss Lane wrote:There is no part of this statement that comes from an optimal town mindset.
.... I'm not sure you're qualified to make this judgement, considering I know my alignment, I know I'm town, therefore in my eyes, this statement is blatantly false and makes me think you are either a) scum making shit up on purpose in order to create a case out of thin air or b) just a bad town player.
In post 40, Miss Lane wrote:OMGUS-y bullshit do you legitimately think is town?
It's not actually "OMGUS-y bullshit" and saying so is a really thinly veiled attempt to discredit my original argument, which is that you are forcing nonsense into a bad case in order to backup your original vote that had nothing until I continued to post. Real town cases aren't built that way. You collect the evidence FIRST, and THEN you build the case, not the other way around.
Like, holyshit, this is the best page2 stuff ive seen in quite a long time
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:54 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 49, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 44, Miss Lane wrote:
In post 36, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Come on yall. I'm so scummy for asking a legit question? :lol: This is what mafia is all about. Bring it on, and then in a few days we can watch the actual scum fumble around for an explanation about it. ;)
It is specifically
not
asking the question that is scummy. This is not even close to an accurate representation of my stance on you, and the fourth post you've made this game that reeks of dishonesty.
Because the goddamn rules say don't ask questions about a myriad of things??? I even explained why I phrased it that specific way... :facepalm:
This isn't a response to the statement made.
In post 53, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 44, Miss Lane wrote:This is not even close to an accurate representation of my stance on you, and the fourth post you've made this game that reeks of dishonesty.
"reeks of dishonesty" :lol: :lol: :lol:
my dude... that's how I see it. I asked a question, you jumped down my asscrack.
You didn't ask a question. That's the problem.
In post 55, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 52, Miss Lane wrote:If you think that you "knowing" you are town makes any mindset other than yours fail to be the optimal town mind set, you make the argument that you are optimal town and the optimal town approach is taken by you. I can go very much into why this is not the case, particularly because I highly doubt any player on site manages to maintain an optimal town mindset throughout the entirety of any game or even manages to maintain such stubborn insistence that their approach is optimal and anyone claiming otherwise must be scum.
what the fuck are you even talking about... I never said any of that. I guess what I should have said was who the fuck are you to tell me what is optimal town play?
You claimed that you are town, therefore I must be making shit up to claim that your play is not optimal town. Stop evading, and if you legitimately think that the originally quoted post is optimally town, say so instead of giving me bullshit and trying to discredit me.
In post 57, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
Seems like oblivious town, has a newbie vibe, I'd even guess English may not be first language. Non-zero chance of being inexperienced scum but at the moment I'm gonna risk guessing that most if not all of the people who have posted thus far are probably town.
Why am I not surprised that you again try to discredit me as a player and a person instead of responding legitimately to anything I've said yet?

English is, in fact, my first language, and I'm not failing to understand a word you're saying. I'm not the one who continually fails to respond in good faith. I have been on site playing mafia since 2014. I have more than three pages of games on at least two of my accounts. I have four publicly revealed accounts that I switch between on a regular basis. I am currently running a mafia game of my own. I have not been mislynched in years except for one game where a certain newer player failed to check to see whether or not the most recent vote count had put me at L-1 and no one claimed L-1 in the thread. I am in no way a "newbie."
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:54 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 44, Miss Lane wrote:
It is specifically
not
asking the question that is scummy. This is not even close to an accurate representation of my stance on you, and the fourth post you've made this game that reeks of dishonesty.
Im pretty sure its not scum theater at least. ML looking pretty good in all this
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:54 am

In post 65, Vecna wrote:little one
LMFAO

*sigh* I think i need to take a break already lol.. I promised myself I would remain calm.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:54 am

In post 65, Vecna wrote:little one
LMFAO

*sigh* I think i need to take a break already lol.. I promised myself I would remain calm.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue May 05, 2020 5:55 am

In post 70, Miss Lane wrote:Why am I not surprised that you again try to discredit me as a player and a person instead of responding legitimately to anything I've said yet?

English is, in fact, my first language, and I'm not failing to understand a word you're saying. I'm not the one who continually fails to respond in good faith. I have been on site playing mafia since 2014. I have more than three pages of games on at least two of my accounts. I have four publicly revealed accounts that I switch between on a regular basis. I am currently running a mafia game of my own. I have not been mislynched in years except for one game where a certain newer player failed to check to see whether or not the most recent vote count had put me at L-1 and no one claimed L-1 in the thread. I am in no way a "newbie."
???? This isn't about you....????
Art is cool.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”