Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:00 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 368, Miss Lane wrote:
In post 365, 50 Judge Powers wrote:
In post 328, Miss Lane wrote:"She" is my pronoun as well.
You want Austin Powers to flirt with you??? :twisted:
I don't believe in flirting, and what you don't believe in can't hurt you.
I can make a believer out of anyone. The words I wiggle are smoother than the organic tastes like butter you slather onto your morning toast.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’ve gone to sleep not flirting, and woken up flirting.

Marry me, so I can divorce you, and we can celebrate.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:05 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Note to self, Hoctac is extremely not self aware.
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:05 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 450, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 368, Miss Lane wrote:
In post 365, 50 Judge Powers wrote:
In post 328, Miss Lane wrote:"She" is my pronoun as well.
You want Austin Powers to flirt with you??? :twisted:
I don't believe in flirting, and what you don't believe in can't hurt you.
I can make a believer out of anyone. The words I wiggle are smoother than the organic tastes like butter you slather onto your morning toast.
Those are a lot of sweet sounding words, but like a heavily glazed doughnut a bite of into your words makes the consumer wish to spot them out - for the meaning is sweet, but there is no content to balance it out.
ftr ML has played pretty well and deserves a win if they get it. - pisskop
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:06 am

Post by Miss Lane »

I appear to be gullible and have been played, and I am ashamed. Don't look at me.

VOTE: mastina
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

My entire backlog of a mindset and the energy I place into my social dynamics, so trepidations such as those are actually false— I believe there’s quite a lot of content holding it up.

Not sweet enough to overpower, not savory enough to be too heavy, and just the right amount portion wise.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 443, Auro wrote:Does that apply to bastard games the same way, though?
why did u feel like this was an important question?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:09 am

Post by Hoctac »

In post 452, Flavor Leaf wrote:Note to self, Hoctac is extremely not self aware.
What you trying to say, Flovor Lof?
not yet sentient
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 455, Flavor Leaf wrote:My entire backlog of a mindset and the energy I place into my social dynamics, so trepidations such as those are actually false— I believe there’s quite a lot of content holding it up.

Not sweet enough to overpower, not savory enough to be too heavy, and just the right amount portion wise.
I was speaking specifically of the quoted post, not your play in general, and for the communication error, I apologise. :shifty:
Covid 19
Covid 19
Goon
Covid 19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:21 am

Post by Covid 19 »

Day 1 VC #18

Auro (0):
Hoctac (3): davesaz (), Tchill13 (), No łynch ()
5G Tower (0):
Vecna (2): Nero Cain (), Alchemist21 ()
No łynch (0):
Alchemist21 (0):
Flavor Leaf (0):
farside22 (0):
EspeciallyTheLies (2): mastina (), Hoctac ()
mastina (5): Vecna (), Saudade (), Auro (), EspeciallyTheLies (), Miss Lynch ()
Miss Lynch (0):
Tchill13 (1): farside22 ()
Saudade (0):
No Lynch (0):
Not Voting (8): momo, 5G Tower, Jake the Wolfie, Odelschwanck, Allan90, Elements (), 50 Judge Powers (), Flavor Leaf ()

With 21 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch a player.

This phase will end on May 19, 2020 1:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2020-05-19 13:00:00).

Moderator Notes1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
Please note the prodding rules. You are prodded after 32 hours of inactivity except on Saturday-Monday.

Please do not post if you have not confirmed yet.

No lynch is an option. To ensure no confusion occurs between not lynching and lynching No łynch, you absolutely MUST spell "No łynch" exactly like that with the special character.

5. MathBlade's automated votecounter doesn't appear to track No Lynch votes properly. I'm still waiting for a response from him.
6. Please keep animated GIFs and videos spoilered as a courtesy to other users.
7. Odelschwanck has (expired on 2020-05-06 20:00:00) to confirm before I seek a replacement.
8. Allan90 has (expired on 2020-05-06 20:00:00) to confirm before I seek a replacement.
9. momo has (expired on 2020-05-07 11:00:00) to post before I seek a replacement.
10. 5G Tower has (expired on 2020-05-07 11:00:00) to post before I seek a replacement.
Last edited by Covid 19 on Wed May 06, 2020 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Even mafiascum.net isn't safe!

SIR Disease Mafia is over!
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:23 am

Post by Auro »

In post 456, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 443, Auro wrote:Does that apply to bastard games the same way, though?
why did u feel like this was an important question?
why did you feel THAT was an important question, mon ami?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:25 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 442, Nero Cain wrote:dunno why ppl join games to take them not seriously. It feels like it would be insulting to the mod/reviewers that put a decent amount of work in (and other players that are actually playing. It also breaks the spirit of the game rule, I think.
Agree. Dunno why people treat games like a chat room either. I do not object to reasonable amounts of conversation that has some hope of leading to alignment. There shouldn't be such a thing as a "meme game" imo.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:28 am

Post by Auro »

I think "chat room posts" could be sortable in quite a few cases.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:29 am

Post by davesaz »

I feel like mastina's reads are mostly made up, and the stated level of seriousness is a lie.
I don't know yet if it's AI.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

b/c I think scum like to debate about things that have nothing to do with the game. so the look busy while adding nothing and I sorta feel like that's what you were doing.

Also not a fan of you answering my q with another q.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:30 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 462, Auro wrote:I think "chat room posts" could be sortable in quite a few cases.
Not for someone whose "location" of "socially distant" is true both in normal times and in covid times. For me it's 100% noise.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Dave, what do u think of Vecna?

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:31 am

Post by Auro »

Sure, Dave, but you were implying people shouldn't treat the game as one. I think it's generally fine. :P
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:33 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 449, Flavor Leaf wrote:UNVOTE: Mastina

Didn’t realize there was a wagon there.
..... so? Why are you afraid of being on a wagon?
Art is cool.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:36 am

Post by Nero Cain »

As of this post, my gut thinks we should be lynching in Auro, Vecna, Farside and maybe Saunde. I'll let you know when I change my mind.

Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Auro »

In post 464, Nero Cain wrote:b/c I think scum like to debate about things that have nothing to do with the game. so the look busy while adding nothing and I sorta feel like that's what you were doing.

Also not a fan of you answering my q with another q.
Well, you were the one ranting about people not taking a cult game seriously :P
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:39 am

Post by Auro »

Flavor Leaf locktown.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:43 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 60, Vecna wrote:you realized it was something scum often do early, but then added some relativism by seeing how town would also do it.
Many people would see such behavior as "fence sitting".
I heartily approve of nuance in posting. "Scum would often do X but sometimes town does X too" is
not
fence sitting, it's giving useful nuance by shading it like 75% gray instead of black. Calling that fence sitting is lazy at least, and disingenuous scum at times.
Bottom line I think the quote is fine, and it's a good reason to give someone town points. (in this case Vecna giving Nero points IIRC)
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:52 am

Post by Miss Lane »

My posting is almost exclusively "chat room posts" or "balls to the wall this is scum, search and destroy," with almost no middle ground. If I didn't make "chat room posts" (and in the time before I did) playing with me would be ridiculously unbearable for some people. Additionally, I find it particularly difficult to gain traction for wagons when I'm spending all day instigating and investigating, interpreting, and trying to find scum -- players are significantly less likely to work with people that make them feel bad, and no one likes being interrogated -- especially if the interrogation implies they are scum. "chat room posts," I think, are almost vital to allowing me to build friends and the like such that when I need to push a lynch through, I have players that are willing to give me the time of day. I think there is more game to this game than many will admit, and to the shock and admonition of my younger self, I think "chat room posts" are a vital part of every game. I think no one can really maintain the sort of intensity required for this game, much less expect it to yield adequate results. Eventually people just start ignoring you. As with everything, balance is key.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 6:58 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 466, Nero Cain wrote:Dave, what do u think of Vecna?
I made a comment on one early post.
Was there anything in particular you're interested in?
Generally Vecna seems more reasonable than what I expect from the first 3-4 page-downs in iso, but I don't have any specific memories of scum/town differences so I can't say what that means.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”