farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by farside22 »

This game just gets weirder and weirder. You have player that read as utter nonsense. Like 5g, hotoc, auro, nl.
Some players reads as scum hunting and prodding, Etl, ml.
Then there is everything inbetween.
The amount of players just voting on a wagon with no reason is making me twitchy.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Covid 19
Covid 19
Goon
Covid 19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by Covid 19 »

Day 1 VC #21

Auro (0):
Hoctac (2): davesaz (), Tchill13 ()
5G Tower (0):
Vecna (2): Nero Cain (), Alchemist21 ()
No łynch (0):
Alchemist21 (0):
Elements (1): No łynch ()
Flavor Leaf (0):
farside22 (0):
EspeciallyTheLies (2): mastina (), Hoctac ()
mastina (5): Saudade (), Auro (), EspeciallyTheLies (), Elements (), Quick ()
Miss Lynch (0):
Tchill13 (1): farside22 ()
Saudade (1): 50 Judge Powers ()
No Lynch (0):
Not Voting (7): momo, 5G Tower, Jake the Wolfie, Aristophanes, Flavor Leaf (), Miss Lynch (), Vecna ()

With 21 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch a player.

This phase will end on May 19, 2020 1:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2020-05-19 13:00:00).

Moderator Notes1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
Please note the prodding rules. You are prodded after 32 hours of inactivity except on Saturday-Monday.

No lynch is an option. To ensure no confusion occurs between not lynching and lynching No łynch, you absolutely MUST spell "No łynch" exactly like that with the special character.

4. MathBlade's automated votecounter doesn't appear to track No Lynch votes properly. I'm still waiting for a response from him.
5. Please keep animated GIFs and videos spoilered as a courtesy to other users.
6. Quick and Aristophanes replace Allan90 and Odelschwanck respectively.
7. momo has (expired on 2020-05-07 11:00:00) to post before I seek a replacement.
Last edited by Covid 19 on Thu May 07, 2020 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Even mafiascum.net isn't safe!

SIR Disease Mafia is over!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

OMG FARSIDE!!!

It's been so long! How are you!? =D
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Elements »

Aristophanes town
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

mastina is a good lynch

ETL is a less good lynch but still better than a lot of the other proposed lynches

I will vote for either of these wagons

When there is game progression past or seriously contesting these points, I will be more present than most players will feel comfortable with. Until then, I intend to engage minimally so as to not inflate the thread unnecessarily.
ftr ML has played pretty well and deserves a win if they get it. - pisskop
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
Miss Lane
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Miss Lane
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by Miss Lane »

In post 578, Elements wrote:Aristophanes town
Every time you post I want to call you scum.

Even when I'm scum and I know you're town.

It's just so bad all the time.
ftr ML has played pretty well and deserves a win if they get it. - pisskop
Welp, we lost. I actually believed ML's claim. ... And seriously. We knew ML was a vote manipulator and still thought she was telling the truth. ... Well, looks like town is going to let the sk's win. That was kind of a genius play by ML. ... ML deserves this win. That was a good play on her part. - Rautherdir
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 577, Aristophanes wrote:OMG FARSIDE!!!

Hi ari!
Its nice to see you. Please tell me your town and sane.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 580, Miss Lane wrote:

all part of my charm
All my completed games
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 579, Miss Lane wrote:mastina is a good lynch

ETL is a less good lynch but still better than a lot of the other proposed lynches

I will vote for either of these wagons

When there is game progression past or seriously contesting these points, I will be more present than most players will feel comfortable with. Until then, I intend to engage minimally so as to not inflate the thread unnecessarily.
Your not questing any of the votes that are following without a reason?
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by Quick »

I am not going to sheep FL.

I will sheep ETL and Nero, but not FL.

Farside22 has been a big fat zero so...

VOTE: Farside22
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 580, Miss Lane wrote:

I think it's that I post like I'm playing irl mafia
All my completed games
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 584, Quick wrote:I am not going to sheep FL.

Didn't u "retire"?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 586, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 584, Quick wrote:I am not going to sheep FL.

Didn't u "retire"?
Yeah. IDK why I am back. No reason really. Just missed playing.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I see. The playerbase is dwindling so we need old/new blood.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 581, farside22 wrote:
In post 577, Aristophanes wrote:OMG FARSIDE!!!

Hi ari!
Its nice to see you. Please tell me your town and sane.
Absolutely! Well, is Sanity is question? That's interesting. Or like IRL? Because literally nothing has changed for me really lol

I hope you are doing well <3
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 251, Elements wrote:
In post 245, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 239, Elements wrote:VOTE: Hoctac
Not changing this until you get an avatar.
This is a cop-out.

I wanna vote this. But.. wagons are tasty and produce delicious fruit.
Everyone ends up wanting to vote me day one, there will be a wagon at some point.
Why would you say this?

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 264, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 258, Vecna wrote:1 of the three scum
dude what..

Nero. Seriously. I'm starting to wonder if he's legit trying to make it
look
like a scum slip or if it's actually a scumslip.
Yeah, Infected by hammer or something like that.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 503, Elements wrote:why are you obvtown?
Well. For multiple reasons.
I am exuding the aura of townness I normally do, and very very strongly so.
My energy for this game
hasn't
faded (yet, at least), whereas as scum my energy can and does fade very very very rapidly.
I have a unique presence that is something I can't manage as scum.

My scumgame has very very very obviously atrophied to the point of not being great and there are multiple games in Coney Island where this lack of skill at playing scum has shown itself rather prominently. (Granted, yes, there are extenuating circumstances, excuses which "justify" the lack of performance, but you can only make so many excuses before facing the facts that I just cannot put my heart into scum right now and just am not in any way a good, active scum player.)

My towngames have a unique aura where I just...radiate a level of townness to me. Sometimes it's subtle; in Doubles Mafia, for instance, it was subtle enough that I understood why I wasn't instantly being townread because the aura that game was different from my normal town aura. (I could still tell I was radiating a town aura, but I could also tell it was a different town aura from my normal town aura.) This game though that town aura is stronger than it's been in any other game this year.

The content I have given thusfar has already shown a level of whimsy to it that I can't create as scum, where there's a level of spontaneity to it which is utterly absent from my scumgame. I just instantly went with the flow, just went with what felt right, just went with my feelings, in a way I am incapable of doing as scum, where things clearly had no plan to them (whereas when scum I am always stunted and stilted by having a plan).

There's a nuance to my reads where I have shown my thoughts in a way that as scum I can't replicate.

All in all, the question isn't why I am obvtown; it's why in mod's name I
wouldn't
be obvtown, and there is, quite literally, no reason, because this is thoroughly my towngame and absolutely not my scumgame.

The closest reason there would be to me not being obvtown would be that I am making posts like this rather than posts where I further scumreads on slots--but
even that point isn't valid
, because I already
have
furthered my reads and am more or less posting this because I can and feel like it, because I already did what I need to.

Like.
In post 421, mastina wrote:Nero Cain
No łynch

Miss Lynch
Hoctac

Auro
Vecna
Flavor Leaf

Tchill13

farside22

momo
5G Tower
Jake the Wolfie
davesaz
Odelschwanck
Allan90

Saudade
50 Judge Powers

Elements
Alchemist21

EspeciallyTheLies

Approximately: locktown of locktown; strong town; townreads; weaker townreads; townleans; utter nulls; scumleans; weakish (but not weaker) scumreads; scumread.
Nero Cain is the locktown of locktowns because this is Nero's towngame through and through. His alignment is pretty much always transparent and this game is no exception; anyone even remotely familiar with him will be able to tell that he is instantly insanely town.

No Lynch claimed a role that I believe to be a real role that I don't think scum would fakeclaim (and, inherent to its nature, can't be a scum realclaim). It's basically a half-bulletproof, half-innocent-child claim.

I am pretty sure that this is Miss Lynch's towngame. It's not an absolute the same as Nero, because I am less familiar with Miss Lynch and even if I weren't, Miss Lynch is not the type of player with a night-and-day difference between their towngame and scumgame (whereas Nero Cain is), so the townread is not absolute. It is still fairly strong though because I have liked the content Miss Lynch has given and it has seemed genuine, with Miss Lynch's posting coming across as sincere.

Plus, Hoctac claimed an innocent result on them. While I've my skepticism as to the legitimacy/validity of this roleclaim, the fact is still that Miss Lynch is disproportionately more likely to be town than scum.

Speaking of Hoctac, aside from the claim which is more likely to come from town than scum regardless of its legitimacy/validity, Hoctac's content has felt overwhelmingly town here. Again, not familiar enough with the player to put them on the absolute locktown of locktown tiers that is the Nero Cain townread tier, butstill, far far FAR more likely to be town than scum.

I already explained my townreads on Auro and Vecna--simply put, both are doing the right things that make me think that they're more likely town than not, but they haven't done those things to the extent where I would locktown them, because neither is outside of their scum range yet. While both are far more likely to be town than not, they haven't done anything which pushes them over the edge into definitely town yet.

Flavor Leaf's posts this game have sucked ass and they're not only posts that would make me naturally inclined to scumread any slot, but are also posts that I could easily see a disheartened FL make after rolling scum
again
. HOWEVER, I got the impression, specifically because it is FL, that it wasn't disinterest at a scum role PM and that the scummy content wasn't scum, that it was just FL being low on investment as town.

TChill I already explained all there is to that read pretty much--it does look more likely to be town than scum, but Tchill's a skilled enough scum player that it could be from scum and I am not familiar enough with his meta to make a more definitive conclusion about him.

farside I initially thought was a likely ETL partner due to her early defense of content which was self-evidently scummy in nature, especially when farside is the type of player who I would expect to be making the accusation
against
ETL about her forced content being, well...forced. But after seeing her continued posting, I got the impression that she was just wrong-town defending a read she sincerely believes in, because her stances feel fluid and organic. It's not a strong read whatsoever though and mostly boils down to gut.

The nulls are all nulls for good reason. Aside from those that haven't posted, Jake the Wolfie's post was the most nai of nai posts possible. And davesaz is...well, davesaz; his posts don't give me any vibes of his alignment at all yet and I don't expect they will for quite a while, possibly not even until D2. He's a player who is incredibly hard to get any semblance of a real read early on but who becomes incredibly easy to read later on.

Saudade's entrance and content in this game immediately reeked of being very probably scum (in hindsight, should probably be below Almost50 here).

Almost50's content this game more or less feels like it's all out of balance from where it feels it should be. A level of seriousness, mixed with a level of inactivity. If Almost50 were town, I'd expect either the seriousness to be accompanied by a slough of posts, or for there to be inactivity accompanied by a ton of lighthearted jokiness. The splitting the difference, half of one half of the other, feels like it is more likely to come from scum than town.

Elements hasn't made a post which looks town all game long. I realize Elements is a frequently scummy player anyway--but I usually can still get some idea of Elements being town when he is town, and I'm not getting it at all this game.

I could go into my Alch read more but right now I'm deliberately avoiding doing so.

And my ETL read I already went into.

So this is literally all the content I can give, in one post--nothing I can say will further game content more than the latter half of this post does, so everything I post past this point is going to be superfluous, which allows me to make posts like the beginning of this post was.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by Quick »

Okay, not much itt except a bunch of WIFOM.

I said I wasn't going to catch up but the thread died so I did.

I am kinda feeling like we need to push these weird roles more but don't know for sure.

I will be a guinea pig if necessary.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 592, mastina wrote:anyone even remotely familiar with him will be able to tell that he is instantly insanely town.
never under estimate how bad most players are

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What weird roles?

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 595, Nero Cain wrote:What weird roles?
Hoctac and 5G Tower. But I could be wrong.

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 503, Elements wrote:why are you obvtown?
...It occurs to me that the person I was quoting who asked me the question to spark that post is, in fact, Elements--ironically, yes, this is in fact the spark of town which I think could indicate he might be town.

It's not a 180 on the read, where Elements goes from scumread to townread, but it
is
enough to knock Elements up a tier or two in the readslist, to be something like this:

Nero Cain
No łynch

Miss Lynch
Hoctac

Auro
Vecna
Flavor Leaf

Tchill13

farside22

momo
5G Tower
Jake the Wolfie
davesaz
Odelschwanck
Allan90

Elements
50 Judge Powers
Saudade

Alchemist21

EspeciallyTheLies

Approximately. That is to say, Elements is not out of the scum woods--but that sort of post does feel like it
could
be from town, and seeing a post which could be from town from Elements means that there's a much higher chance he's town than there was before.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by Quick »

@mastina, flesh out your FL read because that cannot be read at this point IMO.

Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed May 06, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by Tchill13 »

awesome that mastina is here. I'll be able to be on longer tomorrow, work has been rough.

the hard ETL scum read is odd. Feel like they're more than likely town since I last posted.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”