Newbie 2003: Earth [game over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 5:16 am

Post by midwaybear »

I scumread three people, but I want to see what happens next. Sometimes it is favorable to hide your scumreads...
Apogee
Apogee
Goon
Apogee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 6:24 am

Post by Apogee »

In post 217, Ydrasse wrote:@apogee: i don't think that it's much of a stretch to have a townread on midway, really. the simplest explanation imo is that they said they were confused and haven't added much because of it.
it could be a big-brained mafia strategy to pass off why they haven't outed much of anything, but... sometimes it's easier to take things at face value and accept confusion is confusion. that he was willing to outright say it gave him a townpoint or two to me.

despite this i do think it doesn't help the town at all to not at least try, confusion or not. and if it continues on as more content comes out, it'll be more suspect in my eyes than it is now.
Yeah I think that's a reasonable conclusion. I'm probably closer to null on midway myself after seeing this and their recent post (although of course who and how they scumread will probably tell us a lot more).

My reason for asking enomis this however was less directly about midway and more about why they particularly thought so. I'll elaborate more on this after they say something (because I'm interested in thought process and talking too much about it beforehand ruins the analysis). I want to hear enomis's thoughts too cause I'm pretty sure that was the first time they directly mentioned midwaybear at all.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:34 am

Post by joqiza »

joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:41 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 225, midwaybear wrote:I scumread three people, but I want to see what happens next. Sometimes it is favorable to hide your scumreads...
can you just post them
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:43 am

Post by votato »

i think scum are apogee and maduisha
Apogee
Apogee
Goon
Apogee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Apogee »

In post 229, votato wrote:i think scum are apogee and maduisha
Ok I'll bite. Why?

And are you suggesting Maduisha and I are be the scum team or that are we individually are your strongest scum reads?
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 7:55 am

Post by votato »

you two are the scumpair. its obvious from your posts, your interactions, and your thoughts about other people.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 8:06 am

Post by midwaybear »

votato, enlighten me because I do not see anything fabricated about their interactions
Apogee
Apogee
Goon
Apogee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 8:20 am

Post by Apogee »

Well at least we are about to get some content...

---------------------------

Ok. Not really sure how exactly I'm supposed to argue against "its obvious." Not sure either about how my posts in and of themselves make me scum, and I'd be a bad person to do a general analysis (but I'm happy to talk specific points if you point to my posts and say this is flawed/tonally bad/damaging to town). But let's talk about Maduisha and I's interactions (really should be interaction).
Interactions:

We pretty much interacted only over one thing: the midwaybear votes. I put a vote on Midway and then Maduisha did as well a few posts later, but then questioned my reasoning behind it. I actually (kinda?) see how our interactions could be scripted to start a wagon on a less active townie who might be an easier target. But I don't think any behavior during that time implies scum over townie? Doing my best to look from the outside in, I feel the best way to interpret this is a pair of townies without strong reads on each other both noticing the same thing about a third player, and wanting more information.

----------------------------

Again, I'm happy to talk and explain reasoning on any of my moves (we definitely need more conversation, and I'm probably guilty of not posting as much as I could), but calling me an "obvious" scum and leaving it there is not really helpful for town if you are town.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 8:46 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 231, votato wrote:you two are the scumpair. its obvious from your posts, your interactions, and your thoughts about other people.
Care to elaborate? I'm reading Apogee's ISO and I don't get it. Is it because we're leaning town on both Ydrasse and DK and we both voted Midway? Do you think scum mirror the partner's actions? I honestly think you just wanted reactions because the thread is kinda dead today, so I'm not gonna take you seriously, lol.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:09 am

Post by votato »

yeah you're right, i picked two names on the list that i hadnt seen as much memorable content from, and said they were scummy. gotta generate that content somehow
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:10 am

Post by votato »

it is interesting that you agree about so much though. could you each elaborate on your reads on ydrasse, DK, and midway?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:12 am

Post by midwaybear »

votato why did you think dk was scummy and then all of a sudden backtrack
was that another "content generator"?
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:19 am

Post by votato »

sorta. i explained that already. I think DK is fairly easy to read when under pressure. So I turned up the heat. I wasnt planning on making up scumreads all game, but the thread is completely dead, and apathy is really bad for towns, so I want to keep people active, emotional, and engaged.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 236, votato wrote:it is interesting that you agree about so much though. could you each elaborate on your reads on ydrasse, DK, and midway?
I did elaborate on Ydrasse and DK already when the new guy voted me, here in case you didn't read:
In post 126, Maduisha wrote:Ydrasse: I town lean her because of a gut feeling/gut ping, whatever you want to call it. The way she speaks, the fact that she asked questions and complained about being ignored felt so sincere to me, so I'm inclined to believe she's townier than scum. The fact that we coincided in some opinions is something that I'm not sure if I should use to support a read, but I can't lie and say I don't like her slot more when I saw that we're on the same page (not really buying the scum slip idea/wondering why would explaining mechanics be scummy).

DkKoba: This one is self explanatory, I believe, but I'll try to explain it better. He tried to move the game along, he posted the first non-RVS vote, which is a way to generate discussion and actual content. Not only that, but I especially like aggressive/confident/arrogant? players more usually, since I feel like they are more likely to be town, since scum doesn't usually start pointing fingers right away, since they're more interested in getting town read by others than pushing fake scum reads that can backfire. That's also why I feel like scum joins wagons instead of creating them themselves.
Add to those reads that Enomis vs DK looks town vs town because of evident frustration that doesn't look fake to me.

Midway I don't know what to think about, I called him out for doing something scummy and not only did he admit to it, but kept doing it more afterwards. So on one hand I don't think scum is so blatant, but at the same time doing that after being called out about it is kind of WIFOM and could be done on purpose. I'm trying my best not to hard tunnel based on WIFOM because I single handledly lost my last game due to paranoia, so I'm trying to see what serious content can his slot produce before jumping the gun.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:26 am

Post by midwaybear »

@Maduisha what did you call me out for? fluffing?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:31 am

Post by DkKoba »

thank u for good meme joqiza

also drunkoba is coming out tonight, get ready.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:31 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 240, midwaybear wrote:@Maduisha what did you call me out for? fluffing?
Yeah. Remember when I voted you? Geez, it's like my post was invisible.

You kept doing it here and here:
In post 209, midwaybear wrote:PS is that dr. Strange?
In post 216, midwaybear wrote:PS: how do you pronounce enomis? I am thinking it sounds like "enormous", but how a baby would pronounce it.
So I don't know if you're town and actually don't give a damn about continuing to do something people called scummy after they do so, or if you're doing it on purpose trying to wifom.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:33 am

Post by midwaybear »

i am just trying to make conversation
im town though, and I don't think it affects the game too much
it's weird that you keep on trying to push this when nobody else cares anymore

PS: drunkoba sounds fun :)
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:34 am

Post by votato »

i think its a bit premature to call people out for fluff-posting. also, other people like me have definitely been fluffposting. why not call them out? Its not like all of midways posts were fluff, and this early in the game any content is good content more or less. why do you think its bad to let people post as much as they want for now? seems to me like thats giving them more rope to hang themselves with
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:34 am

Post by votato »

drunkoba cant be any worse than soberkoba, so im ready
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:37 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 243, midwaybear wrote: it's weird that you keep on trying to push this when nobody else cares anymore
Except I'm not pushing you right now? I'm answering Votato's question about what do I think about you and I gave my thought on your slot.
In post 244, votato wrote:i think its a bit premature to call people out for fluff-posting. also, other people like me have definitely been fluffposting. why not call them out? Its not like all of midways posts were fluff, and this early in the game any content is good content more or less. why do you think its bad to let people post as much as they want for now? seems to me like thats giving them more rope to hang themselves with
I called him out because at the time there was movement in the thread... you know, a lively discussion. Then he posts a promise he didn't fulfill ("I'm gonna reread") and his next post has nothing to do with the ongoing discussion. Context matters.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Clemency »

oh shit haha i totally forgot about this game
till like
just before bed
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Clemency »

i feel a bit bad
i promise 30+ posts over the course of next day kk love you bye
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 9:40 am

Post by Maduisha »

Another guy that makes fake promises of rereading and acts blatant about it. Hi, Clemency.

Why does this game have to be wifom fest.

P-edit: Oh, come on!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”