Newbie 2003: Earth [game over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by joqiza »

Actually your point about me voting is probably fair, I honestly just haven't thought about using my vote like that because in the forum games I've played we usually decide on lynches/pushes before throwing votes up. I get it's kind of different here though.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 12:55 pm

Post by DkKoba »

joqiza be honest with me are u town or not this game bc ur casting uncertainty in me right now with your recent 2 posts.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by joqiza »

why did those two posts cast any uncertainty about my alignment? Me having a long day at work and not wanting to play mafia rn should not be alignment indicative, that's stupid
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by joqiza »

frankly I don't care whether anyone srs me or not, people in these games or not, my preferred method of towntelling is finding and lynching mafia. Also votatos vote clearly lacked any sort of conviction or backing so I was hoping to pry something more out of him. I think it's funny that no one except u and him have engaged with my slot Koba, I think engaging me isprobably towny because for some reason mafia always tries to avoid engaging with me in these games, that said it's annoying to me when people push on me for dumbass reasons
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by votato »

In post 276, DkKoba wrote:joqiza be honest with me are u town or not this game bc ur casting uncertainty in me right now with your recent 2 posts.
please elaborate. what exactly set you off?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by DkKoba »

im not pushing on you im just asking u if you're town man
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 279, votato wrote:
In post 276, DkKoba wrote:joqiza be honest with me are u town or not this game bc ur casting uncertainty in me right now with your recent 2 posts.
please elaborate. what exactly set you off?
I am DRUNK and dont know what im doing so there will be no logical explainations here tonight unless I get angry enough to go off on someone and quote 20 posts.
retired
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by joqiza »

I am town and if anyone has any doubts they will be dissuaded tomorrow when I find and body mafia , but today I am getting high and playing left 4 dead
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 282, joqiza wrote:I am town and if anyone has any doubts they will be dissuaded tomorrow when I find and body mafia , but today I am getting high and playing left 4 dead
this is what I wanted to hear OK!
retired
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

hey, idk how Coherent i might be tonight because it is also party night for me as well over here, but i find it a bit odd to say that i've been open because from my perspective i've kept my thoughts pretty open-ended. i haven't outed many reads as overtly as some others and most of mine have been fairly forgiving/light at that.

however.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Maduisha

i skim this game while i'm working and mull over what i read, and try to figure out as i go, and maduisha's posts were some of the ones i couldn't move past. maduisha feels very... mechanical. i think part of this is gut (234, mainly "I honestly think you just wanted reactions because the thread is kinda dead today, so I'm not gonna take you seriously, lol." which doesn't feel... right to me.) but in part it's posts like 126 (over-explanation of terminology, adding in things that feel fairly obvious like "although I will still re-evaluate the slots as the game continues.") and posts 239, 242, 249 and 253 (which try to hammer home how Paranoid she is.)

i dunno. i'd like to see if maduisha has any actual scumreads? she's pushing on midway but frankly i feel like midway is easy pickings atm because of their lack of contribution. it's good to get content out of them but maduisha said she didn't wanna hard-tunnel anyone, so i'd like to see that.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 283, DkKoba wrote:
In post 282, joqiza wrote:I am town and if anyone has any doubts they will be dissuaded tomorrow when I find and body mafia , but today I am getting high and playing left 4 dead
this is what I wanted to hear OK!
i do think joqiza's response is fair, but you are drunk so you shouldn't lock him up as town yet
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by DkKoba »

shut up midway why is joqiza scum.
retired
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by votato »

that response doesnt prove anything lol
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i just realized i'm dumb as bricks and meant i've kept my thoughts close to heart rather than open in my last post.

don't drink and mafia kids.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 287, votato wrote:that response doesnt prove anything lol
he's drunk :P
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 3:18 pm

Post by midwaybear »

*they sorry
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 288, Ydrasse wrote:i just realized i'm dumb as bricks and meant i've kept my thoughts close to heart rather than open in my last post.

don't drink and mafia kids.
i like to drink and mafia so i can force myself to out my innermost reads.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 287, votato wrote:that response doesnt prove anything lol
who is thsi in reply to and wyh
retired
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by midwaybear »

i think votato was replying to you accepeting joqiza's response even though it's NAI
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i didnt ask u kiddo
retired
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by votato »

midway is right tho
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by DkKoba »

joqiza is TOWN and i will trust him until I die.
retired
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 8:26 pm

Post by Maduisha »

In post 258, midwaybear wrote:but that's not really fluffing. that's more like not keeping up with a promise.
My three scumreads were actually Clemency, votato, and you
I didn't like votato's push against DK, and his explanation for why he stopped is basically like "I give up just ignore the argument"
I didn't like Clemency's early game and he gave me nervous vibes.
Madiusha we also have to be careful of. She seems ok as of now, but I still want to keep an eye on her

good night both of you

pedit: wow
I posted examples of you doing both things, please don't deny one with the other, because I can just quote you again if you want to see what I'm talking about.

Okay, thanks for explaining what's on your mind. Can you now explain the meaning of ? What were you waiting for, exactly? I'm asking because seeing you suddenly spit reads after being put at L-2 feels scummy and I want to know if there was a different trigger.

Also, could you tell me your reasons to scumread me? You explained Votato and Clemency, and then there's nothing for me. How can people say "oh, you're right" if you provide no reasons? How can I comment on it myself? Honestly, you're making me think the scumread is because I voted you, and pushed you, and refuse to unvote.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 8:33 pm

Post by Maduisha »

In post 284, Ydrasse wrote:hey, idk how Coherent i might be tonight because it is also party night for me as well over here, but i find it a bit odd to say that i've been open because from my perspective i've kept my thoughts pretty open-ended. i haven't outed many reads as overtly as some others and most of mine have been fairly forgiving/light at that.

however.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Maduisha

i skim this game while i'm working and mull over what i read, and try to figure out as i go, and maduisha's posts were some of the ones i couldn't move past. maduisha feels very... mechanical. i think part of this is gut (234, mainly "I honestly think you just wanted reactions because the thread is kinda dead today, so I'm not gonna take you seriously, lol." which doesn't feel... right to me.) but in part it's posts like 126 (over-explanation of terminology, adding in things that feel fairly obvious like "although I will still re-evaluate the slots as the game continues.") and posts 239, 242, 249 and 253 (which try to hammer home how Paranoid she is.)

i dunno. i'd like to see if maduisha has any actual scumreads? she's pushing on midway but frankly i feel like midway is easy pickings atm because of their lack of contribution. it's good to get content out of them but maduisha said she didn't wanna hard-tunnel anyone, so i'd like to see that.
The explanation about terminology comes with a reason: that joqiza said I had 3 townreads in 5 pages and I thought he misunderstood what leaning town on someone is. If by mechanical you mean my choice of words instead, it may be because I'm not a native speaker and I probably structure my sentences in ways that feel unnatural to you, I don't know.

I don't have a firm scum read yet, but I'm leaning scum on Midway, ye. Also watching Apogee ever since he made that purposely non commital push, but his content feels null for now. And I don't know if Midway looks like low hanging fruit and I'm looking scummy for trying to dig into his slot, but I honestly don't care. If I don't explore the things that ping me "because it might look bad" I might as well not post.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 8:39 pm

Post by Maduisha »

Anyway, Ydrasse, I welcome inquiries. So hit me up with doubts and stuff that feels unclear.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”