Micro 937 / Reservoir Dogs DDU / Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 11:57 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 418, Isis wrote:S_S could I get two reads with explanation from you, preferably delivered in-character roleplaying as whatever your heart desires
Spoiler: For Isis
> Come on, hurry up, I haven't got all day.

> All right, all right! I'm working as fast as I can. Let me just get the- hey!

> What are you two fighting about now? We got a job to do.

> Like hell we do. You tell Isis to back off, I can't work like this.

> Isis, put that damn gun away. If anyone's gonna blow his head off, it's gonna be me.

> Fine, but only 'cause you're the boss. But he had better start talking, and soon. I'm already late for an important meeting.

> Okay, Mr. Smart, you heard her. Get talking.

> W- well, you read Jake's , right?

> Yeah, it was suspicious as hell. I almost shot him on sight just for saying it. I said to myself that if he didn't come up with something good in an hour or two--

> Isis! We asked him to talk, let him talk!

> All right, fine.

> But anyway, you're wrong. 'Cause why would he say that if he was scum? "Yeah I'm sure there's stuff there, but I haven't read it?" Why not just say no, or better yet, make something up? I hear distancing is all the rage these days.

> That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

> But that's just it. Scum don't want to stand out. Why say something that's only gonna get more people ribbing you about your reads? Is that the right way to stay undercover?

> Okay, wise guy, we're moving on. Keep talking.

> Right, uh, and there's Iconeum. and on. That reads as pretty clearly not planned to me, especially .

> Can't scum post without having a plan?

> They can, but they're less likely to. That series of posts was made over twenty minutes, culminating in a vote. That at the very minimum means he was doing some real thinking and processing.

> Okay, keep going.

> But that was two, that was what you asked for, right?

> Are you kidding me? That was nothing.

> I'm not giving any more than you asked for.

> Oh for Christ's sake, you two, knock it off. Smart, get back to work. Isis, don't you have a meeting to get to?

> This isn't over.

> Enough!

> I'm leaving, I'm leaving.

> Remind me why I signed up for this again?

> You didn't have a choice.

> Ugh, I'll just be happy when this is over.

Spoiler: For everyone else
Jake's is an extremely on-the-nose thing to say as scum; "I don't have reads because I didn't pay attention to anything." That and the fact that he's committed to the role-play means he isn't exactly afraid of getting pressure.

Iconeum's stream-of-consciousness starting from feels very non-agenda-y.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by Isis »

Iconeum is this gonna be your first time getting N1ed
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by Isis »

I'm very surprised S_S actually roleplayed
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Isis »

When I have some time I will Photoshop azelf to hold a gangster gun so we can pretend everyone got what they wanted
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 12:27 pm

I have an interesting side. I just don't show it a lot in games :P
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by shiki »

i am pretty sure something smart is town here. i do not think this is how scum would choose to engage with the game upon noticing that they were not doing so, especially when talking to iconeum for half an hour or asking conspire a directional question that they will likely answer and one can follow up on are options.
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Conspire »

In post 430, shiki wrote:i am pretty sure something smart is town here. i do not think this is how scum would choose to engage with the game upon noticing that they were not doing so, especially when talking to iconeum for half an hour or asking conspire a directional question that they will likely answer and one can follow up on are options.
why do you think those are less desirable options for S_S if he's town? or rather why would we be more inclined to do those if he was scum? i do agree with what he's saying on Jake though

btw it's your turn to RP now. i'm going last

~Esper
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 431, Conspire wrote:why do you think those are less desirable options for S_S if he's town? or rather why would we be more inclined to do those if he was scum?
it's not that they would be less desirable for him as town but rather that they'd be more desirable for him as scum. trying to engage rcenigma when he is being pushed has little benefit to scum in that position whereas engaging with iconeum in real time or asking you a directional question and following up on it both solves the problem of his unengagement and also shows him to be scumhunting within a very limited subset, allowing him to then later only need to present reads on those involved and have a built in reason for doing so.
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by Conspire »

ngl, i didn't get that. could you repeat what you said but while roleplaying as Nice Guy Eddie or Shiki Ryougi? i think it might help me sync to your *wavelength* and get where you're coming from more

~Esper
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 433, Conspire wrote:could you repeat what you said but while roleplaying as Nice Guy Eddie or
SHIKI
?
In the darkness we are only comfortable alone. Reaching for companionship shows the weakness that lies in his heart. Killing those that cannot kill does little to quell the desire.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 430, shiki wrote:i am pretty sure something smart is town here. i do not think this is how scum would choose to engage with the game upon noticing that they were not doing so, especially when talking to iconeum for half an hour or asking conspire a directional question that they will likely answer and one can follow up on are options.
unfortunately I think it's exactly how Something_Smart would engage with the game after realizing he hasn't been doing so, which sucks because I want to give him a carrot and not a stick for roleplaying. It is kind of what I wanted and as someone with a soft negative view of him it seems like I'm the most strategic audience to play to
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:07 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 432, shiki wrote:
In post 431, Conspire wrote:why do you think those are less desirable options for S_S if he's town? or rather why would we be more inclined to do those if he was scum?
it's not that they would be less desirable for him as town but rather that they'd be more desirable for him as scum. trying to engage rcenigma when he is being pushed has little benefit to scum in that position whereas engaging with iconeum in real time or asking you a directional question and following up on it both solves the problem of his unengagement and also shows him to be scumhunting within a very limited subset, allowing him to then later only need to present reads on those involved and have a built in reason for doing so.
yknow maybe it's possible shiki is just playing this game about four levels higher than I am
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 435, Isis wrote:unfortunately I think it's exactly how Something_Smart would engage with the game after realizing he hasn't been doing so, which sucks because I want to give him a carrot and not a stick for roleplaying. It is kind of what I wanted and as someone with a soft negative view of him it seems like I'm the most strategic audience to play to
i did not mean the roleplaying from something smart as much as his attempts to engage rcenigma and jake the wolfie.
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by shiki »

like why would scum!something smart ask rcenigma or jake the wolfie questions if trying to address his lack of engagement when there seem to be much more effective ways for him to do so.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:14 pm

In post 435, Isis wrote:unfortunately I think it's exactly how Something_Smart would engage with the game after realizing he hasn't been doing so, which sucks because I want to give him a carrot and not a stick for roleplaying. It is kind of what I wanted and as someone with a soft negative view of him it seems like I'm the most strategic audience to play to
I think I am generally more likely to roleplay and mess around like that as scum, but I think I'd do it more as filler than to pander to any specific person. And especially with you, I'd know better than to think roleplaying would make you townread me when I've played a very anemic and passive game thus far which I know you hate.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by Isis »

I kind of need to see green text in Jake's role PM to want to grant any points for that Jake towncase

the roleplay thing is just more about being compliant in general and not roleplay specifically. It's a pretty correct assessment that town_S_S kind of has a more serious attitude to the game fmpov so loosening up isn't going to be how to get me (I suspect I'm correctly read the opposite way but that's a digression)

i'm not nearly as concerned about S_S donut consumption compared to Jake and RCE and it's nice we agree about dragon
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 440, Isis wrote:I kind of need to see green text in Jake's role PM to want to grant any points for that Jake towncase
this feels like a bait but i do want to hammer.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Isis »

RCE would probably be a better earlier flip

I don't think anyone is even defending him
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by shiki »

i trust iconeum more than i trust ame and rcenigma being on the jake wagon gives additional information in the case of a red flip. i do not townread rcenigma or jake.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:46 pm

In post 442, Isis wrote:RCE would probably be a better earlier flip

I don't think anyone is even defending him
Uh?

Wouldn't that make him a terrible flip?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by Isis »

He'd be a bad flip if 8 players were nullreading him but his detractors are not all equal

the lack of defenders makes it likely he is scum, and redflips are more valuable
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by Ame »

If we don't lynch RCE or Shiki today, we cannot win the game before N1. I prefer to win before N1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 3:12 pm

:X
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Ame »

Shiki said she liked Jake for bringing attention to my reads. Now she is positioning herself to hammer him. Shiki is not town. Let us town members unite and eliminate those who would do us harm.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 446, Ame wrote:If we don't lynch RCE or Shiki today, we cannot win the game before N1. I prefer to win before N1.
Please don't play to imagined wincons

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”