Newbie 2004: Trash Panada Hour. Redux! GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by votato »

hence my town reads on gibus and feathers lol
feathers
feathers
Townie
feathers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by feathers »

In post 189, iamironcat wrote: The game usually goes like this:
Everyone is scum unless proven otherwise = despite there are only 2-ish scums here.. I'm also a suspect for posting during my time zone + participating in RVS but I'm not asking them why do they vote me because we're trying to come out of RVS.
I think Ironcat is just phrasing his ideas in a different way right.. seems like his 'reads' is just for a lack of positive evidence aka 'people who have posted/voted enough to be analyzed, but not cleared for townspeople yet'. He doesn't actually mean he already thinks over half of the group is strongly mafia.

Honestly I'm beginning to think Ironcat's a townsperson now. His method is pretty wack but he really believes in it, and has been really active and not afraid to push opinions and names out there, even if they're getting really controversial. I feel like a mafia member doesn't really want to do that.

Hopefully this doesn't end up biting me in the back..
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 101, Freddiethelady wrote:It’s also making you an easy target
Do you often key in on low hanging fruit and threaten the thread to play at surface level only? Asking for a friend.
In post 102, gibus wrote:Can someone tell me how D1 lynch is not a purely probabilistic kill?
Flips give us information that we need to complete the puzzle that this game is.

Right now all town members know only their own role and alignment, while scum knows each others and all of ours. By pushing wagons we are able to see who votes where and who doesn't. Once we have a few flips we'll have a better understanding of the game and we can use our powers of deduction and observation to figure out who scum is to a smaller and more manageable group to murder systematically during the day.
In post 107, feathers wrote:Or is that the point? Making people want to lynch to squeeze even more discussion out, just accepting we're killing a town for no reason?
All town doesn't need to be alive at the end of the game for them to win. Dead town wins with the town the same as alive people do. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but we aren't all making it out of this alive buddy.
In post 116, Freddiethelady wrote:I’m suspicious that Lilith is a little more experienced then she’s letting on.
Lil is an SE and thats marked clearly in the OP, what exactly is she doing to subvert your expectations of her play so far?
In post 119, Freddiethelady wrote:And @lilith you are posting only a little more then @iamironcat. It might not be AI but it seems interesting to me you jumped to protect ironcat so quickly.
This attack falls flat and has no conviction behind it. You should take a creative writing class if you wanna bone up on your scum chops.
In post 124, Freddiethelady wrote:Not trying to sort out the rules
Rule talk is something that scum engages in often, Lil not engaging on that bullshit is not scum indicative. I haven't read a rule set in fucking years and generally won't answer those kind of questions in thread unless its directed at me specifically. I look to see who answers peoples out of game questions like they are johnny on the fucking spot and i size them up for rope and then go to work.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
iamironcat
iamironcat
Townie
iamironcat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by iamironcat »

In post 201, feathers wrote: I think Ironcat is just phrasing his ideas in a different way right.. seems like his 'reads' is just for a lack of positive evidence aka 'people who have posted/voted enough to be analyzed, but not cleared for townspeople yet'. He doesn't actually mean he already thinks over half of the group is strongly mafia.

Honestly I'm beginning to think Ironcat's a townsperson now. His method is pretty wack but he really believes in it, and has been really active and not afraid to push opinions and names out there, even if they're getting really controversial. I feel like a mafia member doesn't really want to do that.

Hopefully this doesn't end up biting me in the back..
I think scum would play the game close to the chest and not post out suspicions this early (?).
That being said, I've played this game on other places and this has a different feel like the whole RVS thing. On other places, people get really worked out with that but I personally find that fine.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Freddie is my town read atm but this opinion might change.
I'll try to gather more town reads when possible.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 153, gibus wrote:Quicksolve: brass, lilith, formerfish
:yawn:

How many newbie games have you played? I suggest more.
In post 159, iamironcat wrote:If I'm right that lilith's mafia, they could nk me or the others who suspect them and put the blame on Freddie since I suspected them.
This makes an odd amount of sense, but the thought that you would die over 3 SEs is puzzling. Are you famous or something? I know I was in rehab for a month, but I doubt you blew up on this site that fast that I should know you, and if I dont know you dying tonight probably isnt in your cards.
In post 168, votato wrote:Paranoia, poor logic, a scum list that's too long, no reasoning. You can scumread me for that if you want
I like you. You could still be scum and ill cry a single tear when you die, but i like you.
In post 172, gibus wrote:You should vote me for I am trash.
ftfy
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
feathers
feathers
Townie
feathers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by feathers »

In post 203, iamironcat wrote: I think scum would play the game close to the chest and not post out suspicions this early (?)
Yeah Ironcat that’s what I mean.. I’m thinking you’re town because you’re really putting out a bunch of strong and details suspicions early. So that’s like.. 2 out of 8 people I can trust rn, I guess that’s a start?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 174, gibus wrote:
In post 173, lilith2013 wrote:Only two scum in this game bud
I know, 2 out of the 3 I meant.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
feathers
feathers
Townie
feathers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by feathers »

Votato what do you think about Ironcat? Were you just rvs voting him or are you suspecting he might be mafia?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 175, lilith2013 wrote:What is your “solve” based on?

In post 176, gibus wrote:Elimination. I townread feathers, freddie and ironcat. Not sure about votato, but his vote on the mod for taking away his opportunity to be scum looks slightly convincing.
You eliminated the active people and suspect the people who havent voted much. Holy shit, you've cracked this game wide open.

Pushing to lynch any of the SEs is not a good look on you. It kinda makes it seem like you are just wanting to make us look bad in front of all the impressionable newbies. Are you the pied piper coming to take them all out of town to murder them? I think you have an ulterior motive to your list.
In post 177, gibus wrote:I can see how this can come more from scum than from town.
How does someone questioning your naked solve where youve eliminated active people and have left the three SEs as your POE come more from scum than town. If youre right you need to convince us to follow you and vote one of your three, doing that means that people are going to ask how you came to your conclusions. Not what you are saying. Thats bullshit.
In post 193, iamironcat wrote:If I'm wrong, then tell me what's the better way to root out the 2-ish scum?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by Formerfish »

VOTE: Unvote

VOTE: Vote Gib
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 198, votato wrote:mod said that scum were revealed in a PT. that suggests to me that there were masons in the prior iteration. if they are still the same mason pair, then theyd figure out pretty quick that the scumpair were the same and that they knew who it was already.
Shhh... take this tin foil hat and join the group, Zultan will be with us shortly.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 200, votato wrote:hence my town reads on gibus and feathers lol
At most, one of those guesses is right. The other is horribly horribly misplaced.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 5:52 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I need more Brass in my life. Vota is giving off good vibes. Lil hasn't pinged me yet. Replacement is a good suspect due to the whole issue of newbies replacing out of scum rolls in their first games. Feathers seems like newb town.

So freddie, gib and ironcat are who we should hang for the win currently.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by gibus »

In post 208, Formerfish wrote:
In post 175, lilith2013 wrote:What is your “solve” based on?

In post 176, gibus wrote:Elimination. I townread feathers, freddie and ironcat. Not sure about votato, but his vote on the mod for taking away his opportunity to be scum looks slightly convincing.
You eliminated the active people and suspect the people who havent voted much. Holy shit, you've cracked this game wide open.

Pushing to lynch any of the SEs is not a good look on you. It kinda makes it seem like you are just wanting to make us look bad in front of all the impressionable newbies. Are you the pied piper coming to take them all out of town to murder them? I think you have an ulterior motive to your list.
In post 177, gibus wrote:I can see how this can come more from scum than from town.
How does someone questioning your naked solve where youve eliminated active people and have left the three SEs as your POE come more from scum than town. If youre right you need to convince us to follow you and vote one of your three, doing that means that people are going to ask how you came to your conclusions. Not what you are saying. Thats bullshit.
It had nothing to do with the fact that you three are SE. The response I expected from you and lilith was just brushing it off as if it was rvs garbage, and from the three townreads some speculation on it so I can search for possible scumreads from them. Obviously I don't fully townread them and I think I've mentioned how it's meaningless for me to do so in D1.
outsmarts bullet
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by gibus »

In post 204, Formerfish wrote: How many newbie games have you played? I suggest more.
This is the first newb game lol
outsmarts bullet
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by gibus »

In post 197, Formerfish wrote: I feel like you have more votes than words posted. Fix that.
Noted
outsmarts bullet
iamironcat
iamironcat
Townie
iamironcat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 7:22 pm

Post by iamironcat »

In post 204, Formerfish wrote:
In post 159, iamironcat wrote:If I'm right that lilith's mafia, they could nk me or the others who suspect them and put the blame on Freddie since I suspected them.
This makes an odd amount of sense, but the thought that you would die over 3 SEs is puzzling. Are you famous or something? I know I was in rehab for a month, but I doubt you blew up on this site that fast that I should know you, and if I dont know you dying tonight probably isnt in your cards.
I said "me or the others who suspect them" but you're changing it into a story about me being a celebrity here. Strange scum move.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 148, iamironcat wrote:It's funny how freddie is saying that filiiping is a mafia move - like that's the last thing they would do.
That being said,
if I get killed tonight
, investigate Lilith. I have a FOS on them.
It might be possible they would put the blame on Freddie.
Here you talk about yourself being killed tonight based off a random read from RVS within the first 10 pages.

Thats a lot of whatfuckingifs to check off to hit on the head. Hence why I mentioned that the idea that you would be the night kill as a puzzler.

Youre the person who thinks everyone is scum at first and we have to prove to you somehow that we arent, right?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
iamironcat
iamironcat
Townie
iamironcat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 7:48 pm

Post by iamironcat »

In post 217, Formerfish wrote: Here you talk about yourself being killed tonight based off a random read from RVS within the first 10 pages.

Thats a lot of whatfuckingifs to check off to hit on the head. Hence why I mentioned that the idea that you would be the night kill as a puzzler.

Youre the person who thinks everyone is scum at first and we have to prove to you somehow that we arent, right?
Wasn't just talking about self but anyways.
It's easy to kill anyone who's town and I might be one of them. Mafia might either NK those who they might consider having a good lead or those who were accused by another town to set them up.
In this case, I used myself as an example for easy talking.

Not asking anyone to prove me personally that I'm not scum. Just talking about my process of elimination.

Also, you seem to be taking a lot of things personally - hence projecting them onto me.
iamironcat
iamironcat
Townie
iamironcat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 7:51 pm

Post by iamironcat »

In post 205, feathers wrote:
Yeah Ironcat that’s what I mean.. I’m thinking you’re town because you’re really putting out a bunch of strong and details suspicions early. So that’s like.. 2 out of 8 people I can trust rn, I guess that’s a start?
Or you know, this is how things could go ~

1. Potential mafia person: I think this person x is town.
2. Person x gets NK'd.
3. Potential mafia person: I was saying that person x is innocent, who suspected them? Let's set them up!

I really can't use myself as an example for fish would be triggered so I use person x as an example despite it doesn't make sense.
iamironcat
iamironcat
Townie
iamironcat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 7:55 pm

Post by iamironcat »

In post 218, iamironcat wrote: Not asking anyone to prove me personally that I'm not scum. Just talking about my process of elimination.
its so easy to use my words "process of elimination" against me. So I'll clarify in advance

Eliminating my suspicion. It's a form of deduction.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 8:06 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Ironcat, please dont attempt to psychoanalyze me, my shrink does a fine job.

And the line about me being triggered, woo, thats a bit of gaslighting that i havent seen in awhile.

I suggest you ask around about me and see if anyone thinks that ive been triggered so far.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 8:09 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 220, iamironcat wrote:
In post 218, iamironcat wrote: Not asking anyone to prove me personally that I'm not scum. Just talking about my process of elimination.
its so easy to use my words "process of elimination" against me. So I'll clarify in advance

Eliminating my suspicion. It's a form of deduction.
You seem worried, you worried?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 8:10 pm

Post by Formerfish »

VOTE: Ironcat

Just to clarify, thats a vote on you for being overly concerned with how you appear to people.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2020 8:13 pm

Post by Formerfish »

But i guess im just triggered and this is nothing but an omgus vote. I suppose we shall see what it will be, because after you flip there'll be no more of your lip.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”