Micro 937 / Reservoir Dogs DDU / Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Isis »

When I think of behavior that is similar, I think the closest thing was when in Monty Hall Mafia there was a democratic doc protect for tentative scumkills and I tried to convince everyone to lolhammer the doc protect as a group while "scum" was potentially afk and voted with my partner to doc protect someone (my partner)

But I think that is distinct in that the benefits of the theater were very clear.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 11:09 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 565, Ame wrote:Actually, I suppose I lied. I did anticipate a couple of days ago that if I voted S_S, town!Isis would hammer. I had forgotten that at the time I voted, however. I know this sounds strange, but it is the truth. It's as if there are two of me sometimes: Ame the player and Ame the observer. The observer was aware that Isis would hammer. The player was not.

I don't think it reflects negatively on her alignment because I think S_S is someone that Isis would be OK eliminating from the pool. I also town read the rest of her play. In particular, I don't think scum!pops would be comfortable enough joking about not being able to use the scum PT. I also think is genuine. And comes off as coming from a solve-oriented and slightly frustrated townie (which again is why I interpret her hammer as natural). Additionally, her case on Jake was nuanced in a way that I also believe comes from a solve-oriented mind.
Ok but from you pov her solve ultimately ends up with a lynch on town. Her stance(?) On SS was on town. You being town means you have to rely on me or shiki being scum or you singlehandedly (this is relatively unfair to say) losing the game for town.

But that's beside the point. What you're doing right now is attributing reasons that you scumread me for as reasons to townread pops which I'm not understanding.

I think the most likely scenario is that since you have me slotted as scum and I pushed isis that it makes her town.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 11:12 am

Post by Isis »

If Mars borders Jupiter, I am town
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 11:14 am

Post by Isis »

The standard format is "If Spain border India, some triangles have three right angles", but Jingle PMed me once about embassies between countries with normalized diplomatic relationships ruins some of the vacuous truth fun so I have to use planets these days.
"Well, I..."
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 11:18 am

Post by shiki »

In post 578, Isis wrote:If Mars borders Jupiter, I am town
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 11:20 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Agreed isis.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Isis »

I have two scumtteam theories

Ame-jake

RCE-Shiki

The conspire is a wildcard that can show up on either one.

AMA
"Well, I..."
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 11:37 am

Post by shiki »

In post 582, Isis wrote:I have two scumtteam theories

Ame-jake

RCE-Shiki

The conspire is a wildcard that can show up on either one.

AMA
how did hammering something smart help you reach this conclusion?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 11:40 am

Post by Isis »

It didn't, I didn't say it did

I would say my cognizance of the idea that a vote like mine would be honored was like 10%. If Something_Smart perceived that I had tried to hammer him, but failed to do so, he could react in a sortable way. I was very pleased with myself when I thought he had a scum-indicative reaction and then rather embarrassed when he flipped green
"Well, I..."
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 11:56 am

Post by shiki »

so we have ame saying her vote was a joke and you saying you didn't think your vote would be counted. this seems rather convenient. do you think it is noteworthy that you and ame have discussed a plan that sets up a final three with the slots involved being largely unsorted?
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Conspire »

We thought you didn't preflip solve, Isis?

@Ame; thanks for the high praise! i'll try and be a Knight to e5 for this game. does your confidence in us come from your confidence in RCEnigma!scum, and us helping you push him? or is it an independent read?

~Esper ♤
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Ame »

Shiki, scum are not able to communicate during the day.
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 587, Ame wrote:Shiki, scum are not able to communicate during the day.
could you point me to what i said that led to you pointing this out, please. i don't think the coordination of that lynch would have required daychat.
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 12:06 pm

Post by Conspire »

how would they coordinate that without day chat, shiki? Ame has no way of knowing that Isis has a way of lolhammering S_S while making it look like an accident

~Esper ♤
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 12:07 pm

Post by Ame »

Esper, my read is independent. I think your play demonstrates solve-oriented mind. In particular, you are questioning all without bias, you've handled me vs shiki objectively, and you have made an effort to sort through the nuance of the cases presented.

Isis, regarding your AMA, could you answer my question from before?
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Ame »

Shiki, you stated that it was convenient, implying that it was planned. You also compared it to the move that Eve and I did in Hungarian 2. However, that only occurred because we were able to discuss it.
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by shiki »

i don't think ame would have needed to know that in order to put something smart to l-1 there since she also had deniability for her post prearranged. so if isis doesn't have an angle she just unvotes because it was an emoji related joke vote. if isis has an angle she hammers and all the better for them.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 12:13 pm

Post by Ame »

RCE, regarding , I don't quite understand the first line. Regarding the second line, what points do you interpret as me scumreading you for but townreading Isis for? The third line is incorrect. I didn't consider your view on Isis when determining my read.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Ame »

Shiki, what final three are you referring to that Isis and I prearranged? Also, partner!Ame wouldn't ignore Isis' hammer. It would look too partnery. Scum!Ame here deliberately ignores it in order to increase Isis + Ame team equity.
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by shiki »

In post 594, Ame wrote:Shiki, what final three are you referring to that Isis and I prearranged?
when isis and you discussed the bop, it involved rcenigma and i flipping town and then you being the lynch. this either ends the game in a scum victory or sets up a final three. i was wondering if isis would point out that scum victory was also an option if all three of us were town.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 12:21 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 593, Ame wrote:RCE, regarding , I don't quite understand the first line. Regarding the second line, what points do you interpret as me scumreading you for but townreading Isis for? The third line is incorrect. I didn't consider your view on Isis when determining my read.
From your pov rce+shiki is the scumteam.

Isis pushes Jake in a 'nuanced' way, but he's town.
Isis hammers SS who is town.

Isis is pushing only town. Which you scumread me for.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Plus after I flip green it's another whoops, didn't know he'd be town. Either that or the town between you/isis figures the other is playing you.
Ame
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Ame
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 12:26 pm

Post by Ame »

RCE, I don't scumread you because you are pushing town. That was just one of three reasons to lynch you (the other two being an admission of not being able to provide value and uhm, I forgot the other one).

Shiki, I see, thank you.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 586, Conspire wrote:We thought you didn't preflip solve, Isis?

@Ame; thanks for the high praise! i'll try and be a Knight to e5 for this game. does your confidence in us come from your confidence in RCEnigma!scum, and us helping you push him? or is it an independent read?

~Esper ♤
I rarely do preflip associations heavily based on the bonds between players. But a paradigm for understanding the game can impact my view of multiple slots. When Ame is town, I think his view of RCE and shiki as making disingenuous insufficient efforts to rake the leaves of a game that has been relatively quite has good validity, and I think Ame has good reads even though I have no idea why I believe she does since he didn't really find any scum in Chiptune as far as I remember.

When Ame's arguments are ad-hommed I think my Jake scumcase was the strongest case made this game.

The fact I was willing to put Conspire on either team and thus know bond between any two players would be guaranteed to be on any one team kind of shows how it's a paradigm thought and not an associative thought. Does that make sense?

If Ame's arguments are good and should be resonating with me, resonance is town and also he's likely to hit scum. If they are bad Ame's scum, I burden her with more proficiency with that. Even her TvT mislynches drip reasoning.

Ame might try to counterexample her Looker towncase, but I don't think that was ever resonant or refutes my approach to this type of thought. He townbinned Looker with me in a game for similar reasoning but I moreso townread the politics of doing so on the eve of a partner lynch, for a slot with gamelong mislynch equity, etc, rather than the reasons.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by Isis »

I no'd a know
"Well, I..."

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”