Newbie 2004: Trash Panada Hour. Redux! GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:21 am

Post by gibus »

@feathers, @brass, I was switching accusations so fast in RVS, and I've clarified my "quicksolve" trash in #213
outsmarts bullet
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:24 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 324, votato wrote:no, hes saying that since you have no one pocketed you have no one you want kept alive. youre willing to kill anyone.
THANK YOU!

I'm not just going insane.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:25 am

Post by gibus »

Votato, isn't paranoia a "town" trait?
outsmarts bullet
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:26 am

Post by CopyKat »

In post 326, brassherald wrote:I'm not just going insane.
Apparently I am
feathers
feathers
Townie
feathers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:28 am

Post by feathers »

CopyKat wrote: feathers your are fuck LOCK TOWN my man

I get how the setup works but I appreciate your help
Glad to be useful! ^_^
gibus wrote:@feathers, @brass, I was switching accusations so fast in RVS, and I've clarified my "quicksolve" trash in #213
Ok, I see.. so it was a gamble that didn't come across right? And the mason thing was just an honest mistake? I mean I really hope you're a townsperson, and I'm sorry for voting you for so long if you are, but I just want to be sure. I was reading up quick ways to identify mafia online and you were fitting a lot of the bullet points..
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:30 am

Post by votato »

i wouldnt say paranoia is alignment indicative (AI). seeing scum everywhere means youre doing a bad job scumhunting, which either means youre doing a bad job of being town or youre scum. ideally scumlists are similar in length to the actual scumteam. so in this setup, ideally you have ~2 scumreads. this is still early in the game, so its ok to have too many or too few, so long as you have reasons behind your thinking, and you explain your reasons. gibus, you havent explained any of your thinking yet. most people really havent explained much tho

feathers, those bullet points are helpful, but for vote changing they dont mean multiple times in a row. they just mean over the course of the game the person will change their minds and their though progression will seem inorganic.
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:33 am

Post by CopyKat »

You guys will have to bear with me, English is my first language
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:36 am

Post by gibus »

In post 329, feathers wrote: I mean I really hope you're a townsperson, and I'm sorry for voting you for so long if you are, but I just want to be sure.
Why are you sorry?!
I wouldn't be surprised if the mafia kept you till LyLo because of your trust.
outsmarts bullet
feathers
feathers
Townie
feathers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:39 am

Post by feathers »

Okay, got it votato, so it's more about how natural it seems like they're doing things rather than just how much they're doing a thing. I'll make sure to explain my reasoning when I'm doing a vote later then.

Since votato did a list I guess I'll do one as well:

Votato: town!
Gibus, Ironcat: maybe town?
Brass, Lilith, Freddie, Fish, Copycat: no idea could be both

If I had to rank I'd probably give Fish and Freddie less sus, Lilith idk in the middle, and Brass and Copycat more sus.. but nothing strong really.
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:46 am

Post by CopyKat »

In post 318, brassherald wrote: You seem to have no independent reads. Every time we talk about things that aren't quite right you either don't understand or didn't know.

You literally jumped on a wagon and jumped off with no reasoning for either the first or the second.

You may be posting but you definitely are not saying anything.
"You seem to have no independent reads" <--- +, granted its not a lot but its not none

"Every time we talk about things that aren't quite right you either don't understand or didn't know" <--- this is such a subjective statement. Not sure how I'm supposed to argue this. I guess trying to get clarification on things is scummy, who knew

"You literally jumped on a wagon and jumped off with no reasoning for either the first or the second." <--- for the first, for the second

"You may be posting but you definitely are not saying anything" <--- another subjective statement
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 9:21 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Votecount 1.05
gibus (1)
- lilith2013,
Iamironcat (3)
- Freddiethelady, , Formerfish
Formerfish (2)
- gibus, iamironcat
CopyKat (1)
- votato

Not Voting (3) -
Brassherald, CopyKat feathers,

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-05-20 11:05:00)

I Believe This Is Right/
Last edited by Elmo TeH AzN on Mon May 11, 2020 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 9:31 am

Post by votato »

VOTE: copykat
you missed that one at least.
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 9:52 am

Post by CopyKat »

In post 336, votato wrote:VOTE: copykat
you missed that one at least.
And I'm scum because I didn't announce L-1 when I voted gibus and what else?
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 10:03 am

Post by votato »

In post 295, votato wrote:VOTE: copykat. i agree with brass. its mostly gut, but copykat seems pretty opportunistic hopping on the major wagon, putting it to L-1 without saying anything. I also see nothing in copykats case about scumslippng. Not a strong case against copykat, ill concede, but worth pressuring. I still dont like ironcat, but that might just be due to language barrier.
i meant that i dont see any merit in your case about gibus scumslipping, to clarify
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 10:55 am

Post by CopyKat »

In post 338, votato wrote:
In post 295, votato wrote:VOTE: copykat. i agree with brass. its mostly gut, but copykat seems pretty opportunistic hopping on the major wagon, putting it to L-1 without saying anything. I also see nothing in copykats case about scumslippng. Not a strong case against copykat, ill concede, but worth pressuring. I still dont like ironcat, but that might just be due to language barrier.
i meant that i dont see any merit in your case about gibus scumslipping, to clarify
Did you see where I rescinded my vote when I got clarification about what he meant?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

Hi friends, apologies for lack of postings. Work has blown up in my face. I will try to be on later tonight, and failing that, tomorrow night.
iamironcat
iamironcat
Townie
iamironcat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by iamironcat »

People were on to gibus then copykat.. interesting
It would be strange that copykat is scum just because they were replaced early. There's def a scum feel about kat but i don't heavily suspect them despite the reasons given.
Saying this will DEFINITELY make us look like buddies since votatoe is saying that I'm distancing myself from them.

It seems like votato and brass are taking the lead of how the votes go. They seem to trust each other so I'd keep my eye on them.
Also votatayto, I appear as a cat but I'm actually 1's and 0's, so you don't have to consider me a feline.

I did a noob move by finding power town players such as masons in a noob scum game and got killed by an SK. I don't understand why people let gibus off the hook so early. I wouldn't
In post 310, feathers wrote:I think I'll trust Brass and votato on this and also UNVOTE: Gibus.
That's the very thing you've pointed bass out for doing.

That being said, I'll stand by my vote and not join any current wagons. Fishy had been projecting a great deal of their insecurity on me.
Saying that I give a shit about what people think about me or that I behave like a celebrity yet behaves in that exact way by telling me to ask people about him as if i give a shit about him and this
In post 242, iamironcat wrote: You say that I have nothing else better to do in my life than to psychoanalyse you and according to you, the world revolves around me...
If you're not concerned about how you appear to others, you wouldn't need to feel that someone is psychoanalysing* you.
You can see how he hasn't responded after that. That being said, I give zero fucks about anyone opinion about me. Your projection was such a fail that it backfired.

That being said, I'm new with L-1 terms and hammering. I'll try to use them but since I'm not familiar, i expect it will make me look scummy if i don't use them appropriately(?)
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by votato »

i dont think people will think youre scum for using words wrong. in elmo's first posts there are some helpful links to the wiki that should help explain some jargon. L-1 = 1 vote away from a lynch. hammer = the vote that causes a majority and hence a lynch.
iamironcat
iamironcat
Townie
iamironcat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by iamironcat »

In post 342, votato wrote:i dont think people will think youre scum for using words wrong. in elmo's first posts there are some helpful links to the wiki that should help explain some jargon. L-1 = 1 vote away from a lynch. hammer = the vote that causes a majority and hence a lynch.
I understand the concept but haven't used these terms hence might use it not so appropriately or at the right time. I'll try to check when before posting when possible tho.
iamironcat
iamironcat
Townie
iamironcat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by iamironcat »

In post 343, iamironcat wrote: I understand the concept but haven't used these terms hence might use it not so appropriately or at the right time. I'll try to check when before posting when possible tho.
I understand the concept but haven't used these terms much, hence might use it not so appropriately or at the right time. I'll try to check before posting when possible tho.

idk why everytime i type, the words come out vodka :dead:
Freddiethelady
Freddiethelady
Goon
Freddiethelady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by Freddiethelady »

Unless feather is super manipulative, it doesn't seem like he would be coordinated enough to pretend to be new, ask all these pertinent questions, and play the scum role so well. For that I think he is VT.
Gibus is sus to me because of all the vote switching and random accusations. I stand by my opinion about it being sloppy and thats all I can come up with atm. My thought is whether or not you're scum in a newbie game, you don't want to draw attention, by trying to be casual that person becomes more suspicious by their fake nonchalance. of course, in opposition to this is people who don't interact are also sus so like ironcat said, its a catch 22. So if the scum is nervous about appearing one way or the other, it might be easiest to be quiet for the time being.
speaking of ironcat, im on the fence. Post #193 he says he’s okay with votato’s disagreement. I am less suspicious of people who aren’t afraid of standing in opposition to someone like votato who has strong, and well thought out opinions because it reads to me that he isn’t trying to cover up something – his opinion is what it is. His exchange with fish made him look even less suspicious, perhaps only in contrast to whatever was going on with fish and his frustrations. Then again, #243 was a childish rebuttal, but that doesn’t scream scum to me necessarily.
I don’t know how to read brass, votato or Lilith. Brass and votato seem genuinely interested in seeing the game progress in a dynamic manner, while helping people learn along the way. if one of them happen to be scum, they haven’t seemed to let on that they are going to take advantage of people’s feelings of ‘trust worthiness’….yet, but I guess that’s the point, right? Lol.
Lilith hasn’t posted much lately, has she? I wonder why. Ive been suspicious of her without being able to collect my thoughts or any evidence (if in fact there is any) against her yet.
Copycat hasn’t struck me as one way or the other. We also don’t have any point of reference from the previous slot holder…lililil (right?) I wonder if, if that was a scum role cat stepped into, lililil wasn’t active at all before, so im assuming the scum buddy wouldn’t have had help from him either…makes me wonder what it was like as a lone scum and who was looking for a replacement.
Freddiethelady
Freddiethelady
Goon
Freddiethelady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by Freddiethelady »

also, I looked up noob on the mafiawiki page of abbreviations and couldn't find it. would someone explain what it means, please.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

Am currently catching up, please refer to the below:
In post 340, lilith2013 wrote:Hi friends, apologies for lack of postings. Work has blown up in my face. I will try to be on later tonight, and failing that, tomorrow night.
Can I make a request for your posts? they're a bit difficult to read because you put all the text all together in one block. It would be a lot easier for others to read if you split separate trains of thought into their own paragraphs. Alternatively, splitting them into some kind of outline format like dashes or bullet points would also do the job (lmk if you'd like instructions on how to use bulleted lists on this forum).
Freddiethelady
Freddiethelady
Goon
Freddiethelady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Freddiethelady »

In post 347, lilith2013 wrote:Am currently catching up, please refer to the below:
In post 340, lilith2013 wrote:Hi friends, apologies for lack of postings. Work has blown up in my face. I will try to be on later tonight, and failing that, tomorrow night.
Can I make a request for your posts? they're a bit difficult to read because you put all the text all together in one block. It would be a lot easier for others to read if you split separate trains of thought into their own paragraphs. Alternatively, splitting them into some kind of outline format like dashes or bullet points would also do the job (lmk if you'd like instructions on how to use bulleted lists on this forum).
yes, sorry about that! I thought about it after I posted it.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”