Newbie 2004: Trash Panada Hour. Redux! GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

their english seems... pretty english to me? and so does yours?
feathers
feathers
Townie
feathers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by feathers »

They talked about their timezone earlier and it’s roughly in the asia timezone iirc. Though I mean, I’m also in the same timezone..
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by votato »

ironcat is clearly non-native in english. fluent, but idioms, etc. dont seem to come naturally. i just think some of the subtlety from tone, etc. that most people can generally pick up on might be lost.

and my english is trash.
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by gibus »

In post 370, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 368, iamironcat wrote:I'm unsure of these folks so maybe they're town after all. Reverse list of possible town in order ~
1. Freddie
2. Potato the unidoggo
3. bass
4. feathers
5. kat
6. gibus
7. Lilith

Ofc I could be VERY wrong in this list but derp, just trying to eliminate my suspicion here

Suspicious of lilith because fishyman behave really weird after I suspected her.
His progression on me is really weird, like at first he throws a bunch of shade on my slot and then turns around and defends me to you and gibus. I think he may be trying to WK me now.

Where is fish on this list?
When did throw a bunch of shade on your slot?
outsmarts bullet
feathers
feathers
Townie
feathers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by feathers »

Oh @lilith I just realized you can also do the iso thing by clicking on the “iso” beside people’s post numbers! So there’s quite a couple ways to do it heh. Honestly I’ve only been using discord and reddit before finding this site and haven’t used forums in a long time.. there are just so many fiddly options and features lying around.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:45 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I'm pretty baked and like 2 pages behind, I'll catch up to you rascally rabbits quick enough though.

:Crosses fingers:
Please
Please
Please don't be 2 pages of complete bullshit walls.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 378, gibus wrote:
In post 368, iamironcat wrote:I'm unsure of these folks so maybe they're town after all. Reverse list of possible town in order ~
1. Freddie
2. Potato the unidoggo
3. bass
4. feathers
5. kat
6. gibus
7. Lilith

Ofc I could be VERY wrong in this list but derp, just trying to eliminate my suspicion here

Suspicious of lilith because fishyman behave really weird after I suspected her.
His progression on me is really weird, like at first he throws a bunch of shade on my slot and then turns around and defends me to you and gibus. I think he may be trying to WK me now.

I thought he did but I just went to go find it and apparently he did not, so I must have been mixing up posts with someone else
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 379, feathers wrote:Oh @lilith I just realized you can also do the iso thing by clicking on the “iso” beside people’s post numbers! So there’s quite a couple ways to do it heh. Honestly I’ve only been using discord and reddit before finding this site and haven’t used forums in a long time.. there are just so many fiddly options and features lying around.
Ah yes, you can do it this way too!

Let me know if there are any other forum doodads I can help explain :P
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by gibus »

EBWOP
1. Freddie
2. Potato the unidoggo
3. bass
4. feathers
5. kat
6. gibus
7. Lilith

When did he throw a bunch of shade on your slot
outsmarts bullet
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 283, brassherald wrote:
In post 257, CopyKat wrote:tinfoil hat theory: formerfish/ironcat scum pair. their back and forth so far is just theater.
I don't like this turnaround to the vote, actually, though.

UNVOTE:

Gibus could be noob, but, I don't know I like being on this wagon if Copykat looks so... mercenary may be the right word?
In post 291, brassherald wrote:
In post 285, feathers wrote:Wdym by mercenary?
I mean, he seems to be jumping from a full scum team guess to a full move off the same guess too quickly for my liking.

Almost like it doesn't matter who is lynched outside of two people with that speed.

Need more information before the EOD (End of Day) for sure, too.
I responded in
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

oops sorry I had some multiquotes loaded in my queue apparently lmao
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 345, Freddiethelady wrote:Unless feather is super manipulative, it doesn't seem like he would be coordinated enough to pretend to be new, ask all these pertinent questions, and play the scum role so well. For that I think he is VT.
Gibus is sus to me because of all the vote switching and random accusations. I stand by my opinion about it being sloppy and thats all I can come up with atm. My thought is whether or not you're scum in a newbie game, you don't want to draw attention, by trying to be casual that person becomes more suspicious by their fake nonchalance. of course, in opposition to this is people who don't interact are also sus so like ironcat said, its a catch 22. So if the scum is nervous about appearing one way or the other, it might be easiest to be quiet for the time being.
speaking of ironcat, im on the fence. Post #193 he says he’s okay with votato’s disagreement. I am less suspicious of people who aren’t afraid of standing in opposition to someone like votato who has strong, and well thought out opinions because it reads to me that he isn’t trying to cover up something – his opinion is what it is. His exchange with fish made him look even less suspicious, perhaps only in contrast to whatever was going on with fish and his frustrations. Then again, #243 was a childish rebuttal, but that doesn’t scream scum to me necessarily.
I don’t know how to read brass, votato or Lilith. Brass and votato seem genuinely interested in seeing the game progress in a dynamic manner, while helping people learn along the way. if one of them happen to be scum, they haven’t seemed to let on that they are going to take advantage of people’s feelings of ‘trust worthiness’….yet, but I guess that’s the point, right? Lol.
Lilith hasn’t posted much lately, has she? I wonder why. Ive been suspicious of her without being able to collect my thoughts or any evidence (if in fact there is any) against her yet.
Copycat hasn’t struck me as one way or the other. We also don’t have any point of reference from the previous slot holder…lililil (right?) I wonder if, if that was a scum role cat stepped into, lililil wasn’t active at all before, so im assuming the scum buddy wouldn’t have had help from him either…makes me wonder what it was like as a lone scum and who was looking for a replacement.
I'm vain. Where's your read on me? Am I the only one you omitted? Curious.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 351, lilith2013 wrote:Yeah I had this thought too. the argument seems overblown, like they are both really angry at each other in a way that comes across as exaggerated.
I'm not mad, angry, triggered, miffed, rustled, annoyed or any other adjective you want to use. Full stop.

I don't like when people act like they know me and can read my mental state in a few posts in an online forum game. That's insulting in so many ways. People should keep those types of terms out of their mouths because more often then not they end up sounding more like Mike Tyson than Niel Tyson, ya feel?

And I told people to ask about me for a few reasons. The first is that I want to see if the person does it and who they ask and how they do it. As I've said Brass is the only person I really know in this game, so it would make sense to ask him. Second objective is to see what Brass says about me and his read on me so far in relation to people's reads.

So me telling you to ask about me serves the purpose, to me at least, in getting a read on you and how stubborn and potentially biased against me. It has the added benefit of possibly getting a read on Brass, but I don't think you really have any interest in reading me correctly. Picking me as a target is a bad choice though. It's going to end worse for you than it ever will for me.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 6:10 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 381, lilith2013 wrote:
1. Freddie
2. Potato the unidoggo
3. bass
4. feathers
5. kat
6. gibus
7. Lilith

I thought he did but I just went to go find it and apparently he did not, so I must have been mixing up posts with someone else
Am I the "he" being talked about here? I don't wanna pull a Carly but I hate the pronoun game.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 6:29 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 387, Formerfish wrote:
In post 351, lilith2013 wrote:Yeah I had this thought too. the argument seems overblown, like they are both really angry at each other in a way that comes across as exaggerated.
I'm not mad, angry, triggered, miffed, rustled, annoyed or any other adjective you want to use. Full stop.

I don't like when people act like they know me and can read my mental state in a few posts in an online forum game. That's insulting in so many ways. People should keep those types of terms out of their mouths because more often then not they end up sounding more like Mike Tyson than Niel Tyson, ya feel?

And I told people to ask about me for a few reasons. The first is that I want to see if the person does it and who they ask and how they do it. As I've said Brass is the only person I really know in this game, so it would make sense to ask him. Second objective is to see what Brass says about me and his read on me so far in relation to people's reads.

So me telling you to ask about me serves the purpose, to me at least, in getting a read on you and how stubborn and potentially biased against me. It has the added benefit of possibly getting a read on Brass, but I don't think you really have any interest in reading me correctly. Picking me as a target is a bad choice though. It's going to end worse for you than it ever will for me.
1) mafia is a mental and perception game. If you're going to be an asshole and get on everyone's cases when people discuss what your actions imply about your motivations, then you may want to reconsider playing this game. this is now the.. second? time you've been an asshole to someone because they were looking at how your posts represent your motivations, which is literally the point of the game.
2) I haven't even tried to ascribe emotions to you in the first place. here I'm saying that you are
acting angry
, not that you're angry.
3) if you're not actually upset when you've made these posts, then you're just being way more of an asshole than you need to be.
4) where did you tell me to "ask about you"?
5) I haven't "targeted" you at all, I think it's interesting that you seem to think I've picked you out of the crowd when I'm literally voting someone else and have interacted with multiple other slots.
6) I'm not particularly interested in engaging with people who are being assholes as a principle, but I'll happily be an asshole right back since you seem pretty determined.
In post 388, Formerfish wrote:
In post 381, lilith2013 wrote:
1. Freddie
2. Potato the unidoggo
3. bass
4. feathers
5. kat
6. gibus
7. Lilith

Am I the "he" being talked about here? I don't wanna pull a Carly but I hate the pronoun game.
I thought
formerfish threw shade at me
but I just went to go find
the posts where formerfish threw shade at me
and apparently
formerfish did not throw shade at me
, so I must have been mixing up posts with someone else
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

I can't decide if I think formerfish is just being an asshole or if he's trying to cover up his reactions by being an asshole
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 8:30 pm

Post by gibus »

My read list right now from town to scum

[gibus, votato, feathers]

[CopyKat, ironcat]

[brassherald, Freddie]

[Formerfish, lilith2013]

I'm colourblind and I had to look up hex codes for the colours lol
outsmarts bullet
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 8:31 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 389, lilith2013 wrote:1) mafia is a mental and perception game. If you're going to be an asshole and get on everyone's cases when people discuss what your actions imply about your motivations, then you may want to reconsider playing this game. this is now the.. second? time you've been an asshole to someone because they were looking at how your posts represent your motivations, which is literally the point of the game.
2) I haven't even tried to ascribe emotions to you in the first place. here I'm saying that you are acting angry, not that you're angry.
3) if you're not actually upset when you've made these posts, then you're just being way more of an asshole than you need to be.
4) where did you tell me to "ask about you"?
5) I haven't "targeted" you at all, I think it's interesting that you seem to think I've picked you out of the crowd when I'm literally voting someone else and have interacted with multiple other slots.
6) I'm not particularly interested in engaging with people who are being assholes as a principle, but I'll happily be an asshole right back since you seem pretty determined.
1. There is a difference between "A did x therefore i find them to be y" and "A is triggered, must be scum" and if you dont see that then whatever, but dont fucking rag out on me and cunt the thread up with this shit.

2. I think its funny that anyone would try to ascertain my emote during those posts. None of you know me well enough to read me based on me personally, and if you did then you would realize that this is all shtick from me right now.

3. I feel like everyone has missed the few posts where I have tried to pivot on to other things, or where I have tried to indicate that I was joking.
You are all taking me way too seriously and i dont know how to tell you that because youve painted me into a corner by calling my emotions into play here. If i defend myself and deny then im a thing, if i ignore and try to move past because this is the stupidest shit ive heard for a sr in while i get called out for being silent and it gets taken as admission of guilt.
Its literally a catch 22.

4. I get lost in posts sometimes and that was more directed at Ironcat, which is who most of that post was directed at. You just saw your name and went off half cunt and here we are. Most of this could have been avoided if you had simply asked a question about my post and not just flooding the thread with your vitriol.

5. Not to you, this is when i was ranting about Iron. You were just an innocent bystandard in this.

6. Before you assume someone is being an asshole, maybe engage with them in good faith. Why the fuck do i want to talk to you if this is how you react to a miscommunication.

And seriously fuck you for the pretentious pronoun correction, it was a valid question and i could have answered it easily if i knew for sure you were talking about me.

You are probably thinking about when i called you out for shading me a few times for no reason before i even really started playing, but if this is how you play then i can understand your persecution complex. Who did you mistake me for by the way? Someone must have been gettig after you if it wasnt me.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 8:33 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 390, lilith2013 wrote:I can't decide if I think formerfish is just being an asshole or if he's trying to cover up his reactions by being an asshole
Could be youve just misread the whole situation and are reading me through shaded lenses.

We can move on if youd like, now that ive explained that the post you think i was being an asshole to you about wasnt even to you, it was just started by something you said. Well, parroted, because you werent the first to say it, just the most recent.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

Okay I assumed that since your post was in response to a quote of me and that you didn’t specify that the latter parts were directed to someone else, that these paragraphs were also directed at me. I’m not sure how I was supposed to differentiate that these latter paragraphs were not in fact intended for me. In the context of what was a fairly offhand comment I made, this post as a whole seemed like a really aggressive reaction and that either you are the type of player to react that aggressively to everything, or that you were doing it deliberately because you felt that an aggressive reaction would throw people off the scent. Your posts come off as abrasive and I don’t really get whatever “shtick” you’re going for, but I’ll admit that I misunderstood the intention of your post.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 8:48 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

I don’t remember who I was thinking of, I’ll reread tomorrow
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 8:50 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 380, Formerfish wrote:I'm pretty baked
I tend to let me head get ahead of my fingers and then i forget who i was talking to and it becomes more of a stream of conscious.

I get how it could have been confusing, but your default being attack needs to be readjusted.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 8:53 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 394, lilith2013 wrote:Your posts come off as abrasive and I don’t really get whatever “shtick” you’re going for
I get that, but i can't exactly explain what im doing or it loses all value. Asking people to ask about me put the onus on them to inquire about me and would probably figure out what my shtick was as soon as Brass decides to comment on it.

Or meta dive me and read some of my theories on newbies and how I play them and why.

I could tell you all about myself, but what do you do with hand fed meta?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 12:08 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 397, Formerfish wrote:
In post 394, lilith2013 wrote:Your posts come off as abrasive and I don’t really get whatever “shtick” you’re going for
I get that, but i can't exactly explain what im doing or it loses all value. Asking people to ask about me put the onus on them to inquire about me and would probably figure out what my shtick was as soon as Brass decides to comment on it.

Or meta dive me and read some of my theories on newbies and how I play them and why.

Yo, I know we've played before but I don't even remember what your normal posting is like.

So, I'm not sure what you want from me to comment on with this stuff. It was at least a year ago that we last played
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 12:24 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 398, brassherald wrote:
In post 397, Formerfish wrote:

Yo, I know we've played before but I don't even remember what your normal posting is like.

So, I'm not sure what you want from me to comment on with this stuff. It was at least a year ago that we last played
I feel like there is someone I mistake for you often, and them you. I feel like we've played together more recently.
In post 18, brassherald wrote:Yo, what up?

VOTE: Former Fish

I was town PR before!
Which is why this made sense to me. Were you referring to the game we'd played or just playing along?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”