Newbie 2003: Earth [game over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Quick »

No offense, but you are trying too hard.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by votato »

every game ive had on this site has had daytalk. ive seen one game in signups without daytalk, but it was a theme game with an unusual setup.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I don't think I will be unvoting here.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by votato »

im ok with lynching ennomis if thats where the day leads us. im definitely ok with a wagon there. id prefer to lynch quick or maduisha.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by DkKoba »

my vote is on quick...
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1204, DkKoba wrote:my vote is on quick...
This is fake.

Okay, GLHF

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1066, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1001, Quick wrote:
In post 997, votato wrote:quick: what are your reads?
I haven't started on Notes yet. But I will when the phase is over. Will let you know more D2 if I am alive.
VOTE: Quick

scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line. i was in the processo f rereading after my nap but this post JUMPED at me and pushed me over the edge. no thank you bud, I don't need anymore of your flimsiness. You've been nitpicky towards others in order to just shade them and find something that sticks to lynch anybody. You're trying to form 1v1s just to lynch people regardless of what their alignment is(you really don't think I'm scum and your attitude shows it yet you want me at L-1. You have offered nothing substantive to show I am and keep repeating I am scum.)

As for why I'm simultaneously pivoting off of votato, my near epiphany earlier had me reanalizing how votato reacted to me once I voted him. It was examining his tone and what his "intention vibe" felt like. I just could "feel" that he was more town once I put on some pressure and forced him off his ass to stop just following me around as I, their townread, voted him.

Now. I will get back to catchup .. I have been distracted too many times with irl distractions typing up this post and I need to focus now.
retired
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by votato »

In post 1204, DkKoba wrote:my vote is on quick...
i know. im just stating where im at.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1206, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1066, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1001, Quick wrote:
In post 997, votato wrote:quick: what are your reads?
I haven't started on Notes yet. But I will when the phase is over. Will let you know more D2 if I am alive.
VOTE: Quick

scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line scum line. i was in the processo f rereading after my nap but this post JUMPED at me and pushed me over the edge. no thank you bud, I don't need anymore of your flimsiness. You've been nitpicky towards others in order to just shade them and find something that sticks to lynch anybody. You're trying to form 1v1s just to lynch people regardless of what their alignment is(you really don't think I'm scum and your attitude shows it yet you want me at L-1. You have offered nothing substantive to show I am and keep repeating I am scum.)

As for why I'm simultaneously pivoting off of votato, my near epiphany earlier had me reanalizing how votato reacted to me once I voted him. It was examining his tone and what his "intention vibe" felt like. I just could "feel" that he was more town once I put on some pressure and forced him off his ass to stop just following me around as I, their townread, voted him.

Now. I will get back to catchup .. I have been distracted too many times with irl distractions typing up this post and I need to focus now.
You're fake news.

votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:44 pm

Post by votato »

i honestly dont see how quick is playing to wincon regardless of alignment. i feel like maybe we should ask for a force replacement
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1209, votato wrote:i honestly dont see how quick is playing to wincon regardless of alignment. i feel like maybe we should ask for a force replacement
Try it. I dare you.

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1209, votato wrote:i honestly dont see how quick is playing to wincon regardless of alignment. i feel like maybe we should ask for a force replacement
you should bring that up privately with mod instead of posting in thread.
retired
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by votato »

i dont wanna bother the mod without getting input from other people. maybe someone else sees a plausible strat thats happening here. seems like trolling to me.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 6:14 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 1212, votato wrote:seems like trolling to me.
It's not.

joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Mon May 11, 2020 6:33 pm

Post by joqiza »

I went thru the ISO & Dk's comments.

Dk I think a lot of your comments are basically just calling his statements dumb which tbh is not really alignment indicative. Even if you accept the premise, dumb does not necessarily imply mafia.

I agree that there is some questionable behavior in the ISO. 1) justifying reads through "VC analysis" -- this is very easily an excuse not to analyze people's behavior. 2) general refusal to provide clarification for reads or follow up on logic, 3) some evidence of flip-flopping on people such as enomis, or at least an inability to express a coherent read

I am also admittedly frustrated w/ Quick based on the past several pages but I would like to revisit things tomorrow when we all have clearer heads. I'm going to bed now. Also, dk, what exactly do you mean by "active lurking?"
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 1:14 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1214, joqiza wrote:I went thru the ISO & Dk's comments.

Dk I think a lot of your comments are basically just calling his statements dumb which tbh is not really alignment indicative. Even if you accept the premise, dumb does not necessarily imply mafia.

I agree that there is some questionable behavior in the ISO. 1) justifying reads through "VC analysis" -- this is very easily an excuse not to analyze people's behavior. 2) general refusal to provide clarification for reads or follow up on logic, 3) some evidence of flip-flopping on people such as enomis, or at least an inability to express a coherent read

I am also admittedly frustrated w/ Quick based on the past several pages but I would like to revisit things tomorrow when we all have clearer heads. I'm going to bed now. Also, dk, what exactly do you mean by "active lurking?"
joqiza that's a dishonest analysis. also active lurking = filllering in EM terms. you failed to notice the asterisks which are posts where I had important info to share. I said I'd do EVERY post. and yes, a good portion are just bad statements.
retired
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 1:31 am

Post by Maduisha »

Alright, I've caught up. I'm happy that Quick is a lot more eager to interact with the game than Clemency, that's great. His interactions are pretty short, though, and a lot contain links to videos, so I don't know what to think about this slot yet. I like that he is pressuring Joqiza because he is one of my suspects for a Votato partner. Quick is also in my suspect list from , but I don't think he's pressuring Joqiza to try to pocket me, because I think he hasn't read my post based on the way he has been talking.

I see people are going down from the Votato train and I want to hammer my suspicions, so here I go. It'll be a shorter post because I think my last long post drove everyone away and maybe someone skimmed it. Not very smart on my part.

- Point 1: Votato is a liar.

Here are examples of Votato lying and then backtracking with a poor excuse for his lies when caught:

Lying about his positioning during my wagon's deflation:

Spoiler:
In post 585, votato wrote:
In post 581, Apogee wrote:Hold up I fail to see why lynching me first gives more information that literally any other first lynch. Votato you seem really happy to jump around wagons.
its only partly about the info. im just confident that theres scum in that set of people, so we win by lynching there. the order is based on probabilities. Also, im not really hopping wagon to wagon am i? my first real vote was on maduisha. my vote is currently still on maduisha.
In post 587, votato wrote:oh youre right. we got what we were gonna get out of the maduisha wagon at this stage. everyone should get off that wagon for now. i dont buy maduisha as town at all, but theres too much time left in d1 here to lynch yet.
Then Apogee points out that this is the case and he argues that it does not matter because the wagon is now worthless. I have already explained in my long post why the wagon wasn't worthless anymore, so I'm not gonna get there here but point out how the stance goes from "See? I am voting her and being coherent with my reads" to "Ah right, but forget I put weigh on my stance just a second ago, that doesn't matter anymore." I think this is pretty clearly scum forgetting the order of his actions and also trying to get his mistake to slide by lying. A lie that lets him cover the fact that we did not get reactions from some slots, but apparently that doesn't matter anymore.

Then comes his explanation for this phenomenon:
In post 804, votato wrote:on forgetting i was voting apogee: im quite busy with a few other games, and might have bitten off a bit more than i can chew. i should have been more aware, true enough. but that goes for both scum!me and town!me. its really not AI. the maduisha wagon was pretty useless at that point, we got most of what we were gonna get unless we really pressed for the lynch. quicklynches are anti-town, especially day 1. i do still scumread you though. i havent backtracked there. moving my vote helps the game progress.
This post is scummy because he is playing with wifom to excuse his lack of coherence that he had tried to cover up in a different way when it happened. He has gone again saying the wagon was useless when I have pointed out already that Clemency hadn't showed up to react to L-1, and Joqiza had reacted by not pushing his scumread, yet he says the juice is over and it's upsetting me more the more he says it. He's trying to brush aside important information as if it didn't matter because he needs to cover up the fact that there was nothing fueling his vote on me or his vote on Apogee and he was caught lying about his thought process.

Lying about my position when I was at L-1:

Spoiler:
In post 804, votato wrote:let me first take a moment to address my unvote and revote on maduisha. maduisha was whining about the potential for a lolhammer. i unvoted as a courtesy, not because my conviction had changed.
In order to excuse his strange change of vote, he makes up the fact that I "whined" about getting hammered and acts as if I ever expressed the need for an unvote to gather my thought together. I called him out on the lie and he posted this as a reply:
In post 809, votato wrote:maduisha had early on in the L-1 talked about lolhammers, and was at that point saying that she wanted to at least get some final thoughts out before dying. i could have been reading into it too much because i had seen a number of lolhammers elsewhere recently. regardless, please view the unvote and revote on maduisha as NAI. it was a courtesy to ensure that she had enough time to post thoughts.
He says I mentioned lolhammers and apparently that's a reason to believe I was "whining about getting hammered", so I'm going to get the post in which I mention such a thing:
In post 357, Maduisha wrote:I just find it very exciting. I lolhammered on my first game and not even then did I get lynched. I want to see people selling me as scum.

I want to see who hops onto the wagon and why.
This is my only instance talking about lolhammers. I was talking about the fact that I have played 3 games and I've never been lynched, so getting pressured like this was new for me and I was finding it interesting. The mention of the lolhammer refers to the fact that I did such thing at the beginning of my very first game and not even after doing something so reckless did I get as much fire as I am getting in this game. I was making a comparision by mentioned something I did in a previous game. I was
not
whining about myself getting hammered at any point, so this illustrates why Votato is a liar that is trying to take my words out of context by taking for granted that people won't read back on these little things.

- Point 2: Accuses people of accusing him only through OMGUS, while that is untrue and he is OMGUSing people himself.

Votato claiming people that vote him have garbage reasons that consist of OMGUS:
Spoiler:
In post 921, votato wrote:
In post 919, midwaybear wrote:
In post 912, Quick wrote:
In post 910, DkKoba wrote:I refuse to answer you until you answer why you think im scum :)
enomis is voting for you is one reason. The other reason is because of that VC which I have based almost everything on.
does anyone else think these reasons are absolute garbage?
theyre about as garbage as the reasons people are voting me (OMGUSx2 and void)
Midway's case on Votato is in post .

My case on Votato is in post which I mentioned earlier.

Merely by the existence of these cases, him reducing the arguments to "OMGUS" and "void" is clearly a way to disrespect and deflect. The deflect effort is futile because I am not forgetting your attempts to incriminate others by lying to come on top during discussions. You were caught. Accept you were caught. If you admitted to lying, maybe then I wouldn't be so concerned about you.

Votato OMGUSing, insulting and belittling others because they're accusing him:

Spoiler:
In post 797, votato wrote:You're an idiot. Also, spoilers are a thing. Please use them. More to come later
In post 811, votato wrote:4. you need to take a stand. have an opinion. now you've done that,
your opinion is just really bad
. but if youre town we will get there together.
In post 822, votato wrote:4.what are your backup suspicions? lets get all our reads out on the table shall we? that way we can be held to account! show me that thought progression! tunneling is bad. especially when its
based on such poor logic
. but it kinda
makes me wanna townread you cuz youre cute
In post 896, votato wrote:
In post 895, midwaybear wrote:why is 180 towny?
enomis your hesitance to vote votato is making me think you are his scumbuddy
lynch this post...

I am committing to the lynch of this slot.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 1:33 am

Post by Maduisha »

I said before and I'll say it again, but by the way Votato was satisfied with my wagon ending after Enomis showed up, I'm pretty convinced that if Votato is scum, Enomis is town. So I'd be happier lynching Votato for the associative read too.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 1:34 am

Post by Maduisha »

Also, Joqiza has showed up in the thread again, so I want to ask him why did he vote nobody after clearing Apogee several pages ago while claiming to scumread people other than Apogee. Especially considering I was an option by the time.

I'm still very frustrated about that, this is scummy and nobody else seems to care.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 1:37 am

Post by DkKoba »

maduisha I understand votato has done scummy things but do you think he has scummy intentions? because your examples can be construed as town panicking. I moreso say this because I'd like you to pay more attention to my post here:

also did you not just miss where quick fell apart when called out for his faked townslip?
retired
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 1:48 am

Post by midwaybear »

Dk, I get that quick’s tone has been frustrating but what has votato done at all? I agree with madiusha
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 1:48 am

Post by Maduisha »

I don't even think he tried to townslip because when I ISOd him I found a bunch of chaotic lines that I don't know how to interpret. How he tells Midway "I'm controlling the situation" and "you don't even know what I'm doing yet", it leaves me confused. If he was trying to bait townreads for himself, then I'm lost.

I saw your compilation post before, but his posts being confusing, short, and empty are a playstyle quirk. I'm interested in Quick dropping the act and stating motivations for the "mysterious" posts like saying the votecount when he arrived helped him solve the game already, but I haven't seen him lying and deflecting with insults like Votato has. I will agree that he seems fond of shitposting and that rubs me the wrong way because it equals to padding if he doesn't explain his actions. Especially because of the amount of posts he is making ever since he arrived.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 1:49 am

Post by midwaybear »

Why would town need to panic? Only scum really panic and votato was never at L-1.

Pedit: yeah quick is sorta weird
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 1:51 am

Post by Maduisha »

I think Quick is a reaction-based kind of player instead of an analysis driven one and I think it's fine except that it sucks to separate him from a scum trying to post filler until he explains his intentions.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 1:51 am

Post by midwaybear »

Yeah, but he could be using that to try to confuse us as scum

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”