Newbie 2004: Trash Panada Hour. Redux! GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 12:57 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 399, Formerfish wrote:
In post 398, brassherald wrote:
In post 397, Formerfish wrote:
In post 394, lilith2013 wrote:Your posts come off as abrasive and I don’t really get whatever “shtick” you’re going for
I get that, but i can't exactly explain what im doing or it loses all value. Asking people to ask about me put the onus on them to inquire about me and would probably figure out what my shtick was as soon as Brass decides to comment on it.

Or meta dive me and read some of my theories on newbies and how I play them and why.

I could tell you all about myself, but what do you do with hand fed meta?
Yo, I know we've played before but I don't even remember what your normal posting is like.

So, I'm not sure what you want from me to comment on with this stuff. It was at least a year ago that we last played
I feel like there is someone I mistake for you often, and them you. I feel like we've played together more recently.
In post 18, brassherald wrote:Yo, what up?

VOTE: Former Fish

I was town PR before!
Which is why this made sense to me. Were you referring to the game we'd played or just playing along?
First set up. Also I haven't played since March 2019
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 1:05 am

Post by brassherald »

Actually, more accurately, I played one game prior to this one where I replaced in on the last day, but you weren't there
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 1:21 am

Post by CopyKat »

Good morning, everybody!
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 1:22 am

Post by CopyKat »

In post 368, iamironcat wrote:I'm unsure of these folks so maybe they're town after all.
Reverse list of possible town in order
~
1. Freddie
2. Potato the unidoggo
3. bass
4. feathers
5. kat
6. gibus
7. Lilith

Ofc I could be VERY wrong in this list but derp, just trying to eliminate my suspicion here

Suspicious of lilith because fishyman behave really weird after I suspected her.
So Freddie is scummiest?
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 1:33 am

Post by CopyKat »

In post 377, votato wrote:ironcat is clearly non-native in english. fluent, but idioms, etc. dont seem to come naturally
can you give examples?

You're English is far from trash btw
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 1:42 am

Post by CopyKat »

In post 355, lilith2013 wrote:brass/copykat/feathers

I'm townreading feathers
, so one out of brass/copykat

will reread both ISOs now
then why include feathers in your list?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 2:06 am

Post by lilith2013 »

It was a list of people on the gibus wagon..
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 2:06 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 403, CopyKat wrote:
In post 368, iamironcat wrote:I'm unsure of these folks so maybe they're town after all.
Reverse list of possible town in order
~
1. Freddie
2. Potato the unidoggo
3. bass
4. feathers
5. kat
6. gibus
7. Lilith

Ofc I could be VERY wrong in this list but derp, just trying to eliminate my suspicion here

Suspicious of lilith because fishyman behave really weird after I suspected her.
So Freddie is scummiest?
Ironcat explicitly calls out suspicion of me so I think it’s pretty clear they mean freddie is towniest
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 2:07 am

Post by CopyKat »

In post 406, lilith2013 wrote:It was a list of people on the gibus wagon..
gotcha
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 2:09 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 397, Formerfish wrote:
In post 394, lilith2013 wrote:Your posts come off as abrasive and I don’t really get whatever “shtick” you’re going for
I get that, but i can't exactly explain what im doing or it loses all value. Asking people to ask about me put the onus on them to inquire about me and would probably figure out what my shtick was as soon as Brass decides to comment on it.

Or meta dive me and read some of my theories on newbies and how I play them and why.

I could tell you all about myself, but what do you do with hand fed meta?
brass seems to not be able to back you up at all, which is weird but I also can’t imagine why you would act like they know stuff about you if they clearly don’t, so at best I think this is NAI
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 2:09 am

Post by CopyKat »

In post 407, lilith2013 wrote:Ironcat explicitly calls out suspicion of me so I think it’s pretty clear they mean freddie is towniest
:oops:
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 2:10 am

Post by lilith2013 »

@brass so you’ve only played one game with formerfish before?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 2:12 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Also I tried to find what I meant by someone shading me and I think I was thinking about some combination of formerfish’s earlier posts plus freddie’s posts but tbh I think I may have just been delusional at the time.
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 2:34 am

Post by CopyKat »

In post 372, lilith2013 wrote:I think copykat's switch from defending gibus ("scum wouldn't be trying to out masons in this thread") to attacking a "scumslip" feel contrived to me, like he is trying to get on the bandwagon as fast as possible and needs something to attack gibus for. Typically I think scum are more likely to attack something like that so suddenly and aggressively.

VOTE: copykat

I think this is L-2
why would scum!me pass on the opportunity to vote gibus for calling out masons?
iamironcat
iamironcat
Townie
iamironcat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 2:37 am

Post by iamironcat »

Omg sorry for the confusion. I suspect ... 8]post 203, iamironcat"]
I can't believe I'm saying this but Freddie is my town read atm but this opinion might change.[/quote]

It was mainly based on my #190 post
I could be wrong of course but freddie's response has seemed consistent so far, especially because of #345
In post 377, votato wrote:ironcat is clearly non-native in english. fluent, but idioms, etc. dont seem to come naturally. i just think some of the subtlety from tone, etc. that most people can generally pick up on might be lost.
Naw, i only speak crappy English despite being in the similar timezone with feathers-san..
In post 389, lilith2013 wrote: 1) mafia is a mental and perception game. If you're going to be an asshole and get on everyone's cases when people discuss what your actions imply about your motivations, then you may want to reconsider playing this game. this is now the.. second? time you've been an asshole to someone because they were looking at how your posts represent your motivations, which is literally the point of the game.
2) I haven't even tried to ascribe emotions to you in the first place. here I'm saying that you are
acting angry
, not that you're angry.
3) if you're not actually upset when you've made these posts, then you're just being way more of an asshole than you need to be.
4) where did you tell me to "ask about you"?
5) I haven't "targeted" you at all, I think it's interesting that you seem to think I've picked you out of the crowd when I'm literally voting someone else and have interacted with multiple other slots.
6) I'm not particularly interested in engaging with people who are being assholes as a principle, but I'll happily be an asshole right back since you seem pretty determined.
SLAY
iamironcat
iamironcat
Townie
iamironcat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 2:40 am

Post by iamironcat »

Hola TOWN FOLKS! o/

Who's the biggest suspect if copykat flips out town?
If they're indeed mafia, who would you suspect next?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 2:47 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 413, CopyKat wrote:
In post 372, lilith2013 wrote:I think copykat's switch from defending gibus ("scum wouldn't be trying to out masons in this thread") to attacking a "scumslip" feel contrived to me, like he is trying to get on the bandwagon as fast as possible and needs something to attack gibus for. Typically I think scum are more likely to attack something like that so suddenly and aggressively.

VOTE: copykat

I think this is L-2
why would scum!me pass on the opportunity to vote gibus for calling out masons?
Off the top of my head I can think of a bunch of reasons for scum!you defending gibus here:
- towncred for defending gibus if the wagon ends in a lynch and he flips town
- in a world with town!gibus, gibus probably feels more warmly towards you for defending him when everyone else seems to be angry with him (ie pocketing)
- could be trying to set up your team so that one person is on and on person is off the wagon
- you’re not trying to have gibus be the D1 lynch and instead are hoping to direct the lynch onto a more influential or experienced player and/or are saving a gibus mislynch for future days
- you may not have realized that this was going to turn into a real wagon/underestimated the momentum to his slot
- gibus is your partner and you’re defending him for what amounts to a faked “town”tell
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 2:48 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 415, iamironcat wrote:Hola TOWN FOLKS! o/

Who's the biggest suspect if copykat flips out town?
If they're indeed mafia, who would you suspect next?
These are good questions, I’ll think about it and get back to you
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:06 am

Post by CopyKat »

In post 416, lilith2013 wrote:Off the top of my head I can think of a bunch of reasons for scum!you defending gibus here:- towncred for defending gibus if the wagon ends in a lynch and he flips town- in a world with town!gibus, gibus probably feels more warmly towards you for defending him when everyone else seems to be angry with him (ie pocketing)- could be trying to set up your team so that one person is on and on person is off the wagon- you’re not trying to have gibus be the D1 lynch and instead are hoping to direct the lynch onto a more influential or experienced player and/or are saving a gibus mislynch for future days- you may not have realized that this was going to turn into a real wagon/underestimated the momentum to his slot- gibus is your partner and you’re defending him for what amounts to a faked “town”tell
but then why make the switch to voting gibus after?

I don't get it. I thought gibus was town. then I thought he scum slipped so I voted for him not realizing it put him at L-1, talked to him about the "slip" and cleared up what he meant, realized what I thought was a slip wasn't and unvoted him.

but everybody wants to lynch me for that lol and when I try to interact with the people voting for me and provide explanations they are all but ignored.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:08 am

Post by votato »

in the last game i was in with lilith, she staged a big day 1 fight with her scumbuddy to distance. It read a lot like her fight with fish here. A silly reason to argue, a way overdone fight, and then a really sudden resolution.
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:09 am

Post by CopyKat »

feathers is 100% town. votato and gibus are probably town.

scum is likely in ironcat, freddy, lillith, fish, and brass
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:12 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 418, CopyKat wrote:
In post 416, lilith2013 wrote:Off the top of my head I can think of a bunch of reasons for scum!you defending gibus here:- towncred for defending gibus if the wagon ends in a lynch and he flips town- in a world with town!gibus, gibus probably feels more warmly towards you for defending him when everyone else seems to be angry with him (ie pocketing)- could be trying to set up your team so that one person is on and on person is off the wagon- you’re not trying to have gibus be the D1 lynch and instead are hoping to direct the lynch onto a more influential or experienced player and/or are saving a gibus mislynch for future days- you may not have realized that this was going to turn into a real wagon/underestimated the momentum to his slot- gibus is your partner and you’re defending him for what amounts to a faked “town”tell
but then why make the switch to voting gibus after?

I don't get it. I thought gibus was town. then I thought he scum slipped so I voted for him not realizing it put him at L-1, talked to him about the "slip" and cleared up what he meant, realized what I thought was a slip wasn't and unvoted him.

but everybody wants to lynch me for that lol and when I try to interact with the people voting for me and provide explanations they are all but ignored.
You can’t just say that you did this as if you were in a vacuum though.

Situationally, you were defending gibus; you suddenly voted him after 3 or 4 people were pressuring him on the mason thing; and you unvoted him once the bandwagon died.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:13 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 419, votato wrote:in the last game i was in with lilith, she staged a big day 1 fight with her scumbuddy to distance. It read a lot like her fight with fish here. A silly reason to argue, a way overdone fight, and then a really sudden resolution.
And you think this would be a strategy I’d repeat after it failed pretty definitively in G&R?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:15 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 418, CopyKat wrote:but everybody wants to lynch me for that lol
Also, who’s “everybody”? Only 3 people are voting you
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:16 am

Post by CopyKat »

In post 423, lilith2013 wrote:Also, who’s “everybody”? Only 3 people are voting you
:roll:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”