Newbie 2003: Earth [game over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:20 am

Post by votato »

In post 1235, enomis wrote:Anyways, VOTE: votato
This is a terrible vote. Does not follow from prior enomis statements, and has no explanation. Anyone who has posted should feel bad for not calling this out
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:22 am

Post by votato »

In post 1238, Maduisha wrote:I explained why Votato is scum, he has been lying and deflecting with insults. I think that's why more scummy than making a political read, and I would like to interact with Joqiza but ye, not townreading that slot at all after I realized he's in Votato's scum partner possibilities within my analysis.

If more people agree I can settle with a Joqiza flip, but I want Votato because it also cleans your slot through association read, as I explained before.
that's a pretty bad misrepresentation. I've already responded to everything you said, so I'm not gonna do it again.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:24 am

Post by midwaybear »

iirc you responded to her initial comments, but then she followed up and you never responded
once again, votato lies
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:26 am

Post by enomis »

In post 1250, votato wrote:
In post 1235, enomis wrote:Anyways, VOTE: votato
This is a terrible vote. Does not follow from prior enomis statements, and has no explanation. Anyone who has posted should feel bad for not calling this out
It's the only wagon that I don't mind out of the three happening now.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Homertve: "Oh, and by the way, your tail is on fire."
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:29 am

Post by votato »

why? Elaborate. Why don't you think quick is worth a wagon? Enomis quick scumpair anyone?
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:30 am

Post by enomis »

In post 1254, votato wrote:why? Elaborate. Why don't you think quick is worth a wagon? Enomis quick scumpair anyone?
I gut townread him. Which is better than you. No scum pair. But i think joqiza is scummy which i have said one page before. Also DkKoba minor scumread.
"you must prove more patient than a caterpillar, more willing to survive than a cockroach, and more stubborn than a leech - or you will definitely fail" - Counselor Rodriguez, the Star of Wisdom

Apogee
Apogee
Goon
Apogee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:49 am

Post by Apogee »

In post 1255, enomis wrote:
In post 1254, votato wrote:why? Elaborate. Why don't you think quick is worth a wagon? Enomis quick scumpair anyone?
I gut townread him. Which is better than you. No scum pair. But i think joqiza is scummy which i have said one page before. Also DkKoba minor scumread.
Enomis to clarify: do you townread the slot (rolling over from Clemency), quick's current behavoir, or both?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 4:10 am

Post by DkKoba »

enomis u still sr me?
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 4:11 am

Post by DkKoba »

nvm i just saw the latest post. Enomis why am i still scum. Why aren't you committing to any wagons and instead parking uour vote on me as vanity? Rhetorical question bc im asking you to knock that off.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 4:13 am

Post by DkKoba »

Ok im actually blind and havent really caught up properly bc mobile sucks. Yall were active recently for a few pages
retired
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 4:14 am

Post by votato »

In post 1258, DkKoba wrote:nvm i just saw the latest post. Enomis why am i still scum. Why aren't you committing to any wagons and instead parking uour vote on me as vanity? Rhetorical question bc im asking you to knock that off.
he just voted me to be fair. I'm ok with an enomis lynch here.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 4:24 am

Post by DkKoba »

I don't think enomis is scum here at the moment. But the vanity votes are really annoying rn
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 4:34 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1221, Maduisha wrote:I don't even think he tried to townslip because when I ISOd him I found a bunch of chaotic lines that I don't know how to interpret. How he tells Midway "I'm controlling the situation" and "you don't even know what I'm doing yet", it leaves me confused. If he was trying to bait townreads for himself, then I'm lost.

I saw your compilation post before, but his posts being confusing, short, and empty are a playstyle quirk. I'm interested in Quick dropping the act and stating motivations for the "mysterious" posts like saying the votecount when he arrived helped him solve the game already, but I haven't seen him lying and deflecting with insults like Votato has. I will agree that he seems fond of shitposting and that rubs me the wrong way because it equals to padding if he doesn't explain his actions. Especially because of the amount of posts he is making ever since he arrived.
Quote me a single substantive read that quick has. He's fencesitting like crazy and noncommittal.
retired
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Maduisha »

In post 1251, votato wrote:
In post 1238, Maduisha wrote:I explained why Votato is scum, he has been lying and deflecting with insults. I think that's why more scummy than making a political read, and I would like to interact with Joqiza but ye, not townreading that slot at all after I realized he's in Votato's scum partner possibilities within my analysis.

If more people agree I can settle with a Joqiza flip, but I want Votato because it also cleans your slot through association read, as I explained before.
that's a pretty bad misrepresentation. I've already responded to everything you said, so I'm not gonna do it again.
You lied. Twice. Admit that you did so and explain why, and maybe I won't be so stuck on something that makes no sense to me...? Or keep ignoring me, I guess. Could work in some universe.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:10 am

Post by Maduisha »

I agree that he is being confusing, but I wouldn't say he is non-commital. Here, I found this:
In post 930, Quick wrote:I've already said that I read votato and Dk as Scum. Noteworthy is I said this before Dk
magically
changed their stance on votato with zero progression. And I already pointed out that votato's progression on Dk is terrible as well which votato just says to me, "good point" and that's about all the response they had on that.
He has you and Votato as scumreads. He said progression of interactions between you two is bad or does not exist. While I don't agree and I think he doesn't understand that you like voting people to squeeze words out of them and is reading too much into your Votato vote, I don't think he's fencesitting. Unless I misunderstand what fencesitting means. He is not saying "these people might be scum but I'm not sure" or some weak thing he can easily backtrack from, he is dropping accusations based on things you might or might not agree with, but I don't see his posture as one aimed to change out of convenience.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:15 am

Post by votato »

In post 1263, Maduisha wrote:
In post 1251, votato wrote:

You lied. Twice. Admit that you did so and explain why, and maybe I won't be so stuck on something that makes no sense to me...? Or keep ignoring me, I guess. Could work in some universe.
neither was a lie. i already explained. go read.
Maduisha
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Maduisha
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Maduisha »

Don't tell me to go read when I quoted both your responses in my previous accusation post, I have read them. They do not address why you lied. Or admit it. But they are blatant lies that you can't cover up anymore no matter how you keep saying they're not lies, so you have to resort to treating me in this fashion.

I truly cannot get anything else from you, can I? Sigh. I'll go do something more productive with my time, then.

The rest would do me a favor if they trust my read, especially the Enomis pushers since we can get confirmation for him from this lynch as well. Vote Votato. Votato for president.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:45 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 1215, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1214, joqiza wrote:I went thru the ISO & Dk's comments.

Dk I think a lot of your comments are basically just calling his statements dumb which tbh is not really alignment indicative. Even if you accept the premise, dumb does not necessarily imply mafia.

I agree that there is some questionable behavior in the ISO. 1) justifying reads through "VC analysis" -- this is very easily an excuse not to analyze people's behavior. 2) general refusal to provide clarification for reads or follow up on logic, 3) some evidence of flip-flopping on people such as enomis, or at least an inability to express a coherent read

I am also admittedly frustrated w/ Quick based on the past several pages but I would like to revisit things tomorrow when we all have clearer heads. I'm going to bed now. Also, dk, what exactly do you mean by "active lurking?"
joqiza that's a dishonest analysis. also active lurking = filllering in EM terms. you failed to notice the asterisks which are posts where I had important info to share. I said I'd do EVERY post. and yes, a good portion are just bad statements.
Okay, first of all I did notice the asterisks. If you want i can give you a line-by-line this evening. Don't just call be dishonest, that isn't fair and isn't productive at all. I'm not where you're at right now and I want to get there. I have every right to question your reads regardless of whether i tr or sr you lol I have had to go against you in the past even when I tr you and i will do so again if I have to.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:49 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 1218, Maduisha wrote:Also, Joqiza has showed up in the thread again, so I want to ask him why did he vote nobody after clearing Apogee several pages ago while claiming to scumread people other than Apogee. Especially considering I was an option by the time.

I'm still very frustrated about that, this is scummy and nobody else seems to care.
Not entirely sure what you're talking about tbh, I've only voted 2 people this game, Apogee and enomis, in both cases to start a wagon on them. There was a period of time where I unvoted Apogee and wasn't voting anyone cuz I was thinking through Apogee's response, I wasn't even thinking about starting a wagon on anyone at that point until I'd thought things through. I don't really understand what the obsession here is with having a vote on a player at all times, I don't find it productive at all, I'm not trying to use my vote to signal my level of scumread i'm trying to use it as a weapon to get someone lynched
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:50 am

Post by votato »

thats not a case. or reason to think im scum. thats you being emotional. this sort of back and forth distracts from gamesolving. its bad. dont do it. they arent lies. they were errors. fortunately most people dont seem to be convinced. its all OK because this is a newbie game, but the problem is i dont think youll learn from this.

joqiza you should generally always have a vote on someone, and almost always on someone on one of the major wagons. i realize that EM is different, but here its important to use your vote.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:53 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 1232, enomis wrote:
In post 1174, joqiza wrote:My feeling on enomis is that he is scum in near autoloss
Are you serious? An autoloss on day 1 in a newbie game?

Do you seriously think if I am scum, I will think this?
I have seen scum in this position before, 3 times actually, and this is exactly what they looked like w.r.t. deflated and in general disconnected from the thread.

Regardless, I am re-evaluating everything rn but you have to understand that this is literally the first time you've acknowledged me in about 30 pages when I've been pushing for a response from you for a very long time and if you are town I am somewhat annoyed w/ you

post edit: Okay I will from hereforth onwards keep my vote on someone at all times to appease the meta of this site but I truly do not see the point
enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:54 am

Post by enomis »

In post 1256, Apogee wrote:
Enomis to clarify: do you townread the slot (rolling over from Clemency), quick's current behavoir, or both?
Quick's current behavior.

enomis
enomis
Mafia Scum
enomis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:54 am

Post by enomis »

In post 1258, DkKoba wrote:nvm i just saw the latest post. Enomis why am i still scum. Why aren't you committing to any wagons and instead parking uour vote on me as vanity? Rhetorical question bc im asking you to knock that off.
Yes, still scumread you. Not vanity. I have shifted my vote to votato.

votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:54 am

Post by votato »

In post 1271, enomis wrote:
In post 1256, Apogee wrote:
Quick's current behavior.
and what in particular is townie about it?
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:55 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 1239, enomis wrote:Some of his arguments I feel are kinda forced, like the one i pointed out in 1232.
Also to a lesser extent, some of his post shows sort of posturing for a move day 2. Me x Quick , Me x Maduisha in the instance I flip town.
Are you referring to me? That's a total misrepresentation, I said explicitly I do not think you are a scumteam with Quick

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”