Newbie 2004: Trash Panada Hour. Redux! GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:21 am

Post by CopyKat »

In post 421, lilith2013 wrote:Situationally, you were defending gibus; you suddenly voted him after 3 or 4 people were pressuring him on the mason thing; and you unvoted him once the bandwagon died.
Only brass had voted for him so "3 or 4" people were not pressuring him. votato was talking to him about it but I wouldn't call it pressure.

but fuck it. I'm done explaining my gibus vote
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:26 am

Post by CopyKat »

In post 420, CopyKat wrote:feathers is 100% town. votato and gibus are probably town.

scum is likely in ironcat, freddy, lillith, fish, and brass
I want to say freddy is town. looked up their previous newbie game and they barely posted and they are much more involved here. I don't think that change happens their first time rolling scum.

hopefully fish starts contributing more soon. Would like to try and sort them out
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:27 am

Post by votato »

In post 422, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 419, votato wrote:in the last game i was in with lilith, she staged a big day 1 fight with her scumbuddy to distance. It read a lot like her fight with fish here. A silly reason to argue, a way overdone fight, and then a really sudden resolution.
And you think this would be a strategy I’d repeat after it failed pretty definitively in G&R?
yes. What makes you say it failed? The vigs all hitting town say it worked.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:27 am

Post by votato »

copykat seems to have done a 180 here
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:30 am

Post by CopyKat »

ironcat kinda depends on fish. does scum!ironcat pick an early fight with fish? maybe if both scum are new but I think at least one scum is an SE.

If fish is scum, I could see an ironcat/fish scum pair

p-edit: "copykat seems to have done a 180 here" how so?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:32 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 427, votato wrote:
In post 419, votato wrote:in the last game i was in with lilith, she staged a big day 1 fight with her scumbuddy to distance. It read a lot like her fight with fish here. A silly reason to argue, a way overdone fight, and then a really sudden resolution.
And you think this would be a strategy I’d repeat after it failed pretty definitively in G&R?
I mean it wasn’t a good long-term strategy because on D2 people noticed that we basically never interacted again.

My resolution to this argument was “I thought formerfish was being a huge asshole to me for no reason so I was an asshole back, turns out it wasn’t meant for me so he wasn’t being as big of an asshole as I thought, but I still think he’s needlessly being an asshole.”
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:33 am

Post by votato »

You've reversed on gibus and now you're sheeping my reads. Please elaborate reasoning on your reads
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:33 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 429, CopyKat wrote:I think at least one scum is an SE.
Where are you getting this from?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:33 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 425, CopyKat wrote:
In post 421, lilith2013 wrote:Situationally, you were defending gibus; you suddenly voted him after 3 or 4 people were pressuring him on the mason thing; and you unvoted him once the bandwagon died.
Only brass had voted for him so "3 or 4" people were not pressuring him. votato was talking to him about it but I wouldn't call it pressure.

but fuck it. I'm done explaining my gibus vote
Okay then
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:37 am

Post by CopyKat »

In post 431, votato wrote:You've reversed on gibus and now you're sheeping my reads. Please elaborate reasoning on your reads
just lynch me now... I can't take it anymore... have you been reading what I've posted?
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:37 am

Post by CopyKat »

In post 432, lilith2013 wrote:Where are you getting this from?
PoE
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:38 am

Post by votato »

In post 430, lilith2013 wrote:
I mean it wasn’t a good long-term strategy because on D2 people noticed that we basically never interacted again.

My resolution to this argument was “I thought formerfish was being a huge asshole to me for no reason so I was an asshole back, turns out it wasn’t meant for me so he wasn’t being as big of an asshole as I thought, but I still think he’s needlessly being an asshole.”
a) the playerbase is weaker. B) you can say "i wouldn't do that again" c) I'm the only person who was there to see that fight, and maybe you assumed i wouldn't notice
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:52 am

Post by gibus »

In post 429, CopyKat wrote:ironcat kinda depends on fish. does scum!ironcat pick an early fight with fish?
Why? Whoever has an early fight with someone somehow increases the chances that they are scum partners if one of them is scum? Also ironcat has a strong vote on fish, which won't be optimal if they were scum partners. What if a wagon started against fish? Ironcat can't unvote without suspicion and if fish does get hammered, mafia would be losing.
outsmarts bullet
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:53 am

Post by gibus »

That's why I think at least one of them is town
outsmarts bullet
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:54 am

Post by votato »

In post 437, gibus wrote:
In post 429, CopyKat wrote:ironcat kinda depends on fish. does scum!ironcat pick an early fight with fish?
Why? Whoever has an early fight with someone somehow increases the chances that they are scum partners if one of them is scum? Also ironcat has a strong vote on fish, which won't be optimal if they were scum partners. What if a wagon started against fish? Ironcat can't unvote without suspicion and if fish does get hammered, mafia would be losing.
"bussing" (throwing your scumbuddy under the bus) is a pretty common tactic. an early vote on a scumbuddy can help to distance you.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:55 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 436, votato wrote:
In post 430, lilith2013 wrote:

a) the playerbase is weaker. B) you can say "i wouldn't do that again" c) I'm the only person who was there to see that fight, and maybe you assumed i wouldn't notice
Alright. My reaction here was genuine, but I can’t force you to see that.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:57 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 439, votato wrote:
In post 437, gibus wrote:
"bussing" (throwing your scumbuddy under the bus) is a pretty common tactic. an early vote on a scumbuddy can help to distance you.
Just to add on - lynching mafia on D1 can actually hurt town because they have less to work with in terms of analyzing how the dead mafia interacted with other players and determining who is most suspicious based on that. Bussing is a fairly common strategy on this site, so don’t expect that players who are attacking each other are always the opposite alignment.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:58 am

Post by lilith2013 »

does make me feel slightly better about gibus though
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 3:59 am

Post by lilith2013 »

gibus, can you explain your most recent readslist?
CopyKat
CopyKat
Goon
CopyKat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 4:00 am

Post by CopyKat »

In post 441, lilith2013 wrote:Just to add on - lynching mafia on D1 can actually hurt town because they have less to work with in terms of analyzing how the dead mafia interacted with other players and determining who is most suspicious based on that. Bussing is a fairly common strategy on this site, so don’t expect that players who are attacking each other are always the opposite alignment.
that's completely counter-intuitive but makes sense
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 4:40 am

Post by gibus »

In post 391, gibus wrote:My read list right now from town to scum

[gibus, votato, feathers]

[CopyKat, ironcat]

[brassherald, Freddie]

[Formerfish, lilith2013]
CopyKat -> His initial townread on votato made sense. I like how he hopped on to my wagon when I made an unclear post which could've been seen as a scum slip without hesitation. He hasn't been anti-town in any of his posts. He hasn't been here for long so with the current information I put him in blue.

ironcat -> His paranoia in RVS strikes me as town. I don't agree with his recent list (#368) but his ISO seems to me like he is trying to help as town (apart from his fights). I didn't know about "bussing", and since I scumread fish, I townread ironcat a little bit more.

brassherald -> I'm neutral because he hasn't posted much and I don't like how he voted copykat for hopping on the wagon (I found copykat's reason sensible) while he hopped onto my wagon because my posts seem "off".

Freddie -> I have't seen much of him. Hence neutral.

Formerfish -> #227 for scumread.

lilith2013 -> I didn't like your interaction with fish. You didn't mention any of his posts in your recap (#351) and you accuse him of first throwing shade on your slot and then WhiteKnighting you, neither of which I think he did (I didn't see #412 when I posted this, I take this back. I now put you in yellow.). I also disagree with #372, where you hop on the copykat wagon because he hopped on my wagon (sensible reason).
outsmarts bullet
feathers
feathers
Townie
feathers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:04 am

Post by feathers »

Wow. I come to check on the posts and people have really begun doing deep dives.. Getting a bit lost in the back and forth, going to have to really start rereading the Isos to figure out what’s going on with who and if I can make any good reads at all.

Early feelings - I kind of suspect Fish. He also seems experienced but compared to someone like votato, who’s asking constructive questions and giving advice, he’s really different.. picking a lot of fights and being really defensive about it. The whole "I'm doing something but I can't say" bit really sounds like trying to hide something especially since Brass couldn't back it up.
Seems like a lot of people are on CopyKat's case rn but I haven't seen a lot of suspicious things coming from him personally? The gibus 4/5 vote thing is the main one but we haven't had a vote count for a while so I could see it being a mistake. I need to read more to sort out the rest.
I'm kind of conflicted on Lilith. On the one hand she's been pretty helpful after coming back from the break. On the other hand some of her interactions seem weird. I'm going to have to read more as well and maybe ask some questions.
I still don't know about Freddie and Brass.
iamironcat
iamironcat
Townie
iamironcat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:04 am

Post by iamironcat »

In post 420, CopyKat wrote:feathers is 100% town. votato and gibus are probably town.

scum is likely in ironcat, freddy, lillith, fish, and brass
That's a lot of scums xD
In post 441, lilith2013 wrote: Just to add on - lynching mafia on D1 can actually hurt town because they have less to work with in terms of analyzing how the dead mafia interacted with other players and determining who is most suspicious based on that. Bussing is a fairly common strategy on this site, so don’t expect that players who are attacking each other are always the opposite alignment.
There are a couple of people attacking each other. Say if one of them turns out scum, wouldn't we immediately suspect the attacker?
That being said, I get the concept of bussing despite I would rather do it in the later parts of the game if I were in a scum-like night team.
It's so easy to detect distance with fewer players.
In post 445, gibus wrote: lilith2013 -> I didn't like your interaction with fish. You didn't mention any of his posts in your recap (#351) and you accuse him of first throwing shade on your slot and then WhiteKnighting you, neither of which I think he did (I didn't see #412 when I posted this, I take this back. I now put you in yellow.). I also disagree with #372, where you hop on the copykat wagon because he hopped on my wagon (sensible reason).
Another strong reason why I say they're my next suspect apart from fishyfriend.
Fish behaved really strange after my vote on her. Lilith had been reasonable so far until the whole "oh so you were being an asshole to someone else, not me, I'm good then" despite her original post was point out his overall assholerisms (why isn't that a word :c)
OFC, feel free to correct me if I'm not understanding something here.
brassherald -> I'm neutral because he hasn't posted much and I don't like how he voted copykat for hopping on the wagon (I found copykat's reason sensible) while he hopped onto my wagon because my posts seem "off".
I also pointed out a "buddy" thing going on with votato and bass. I think votato is town but not sure about bass. It's a good move to play buddy with general town for scum in the early games.

Of course, this post has convinced me that gibus is town.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:12 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 430, lilith2013 wrote:My resolution to this argument was “I thought formerfish was being a huge asshole to me for no reason so I was an asshole back, turns out it wasn’t meant for me so he wasn’t being as big of an asshole as I thought, but I still think he’s needlessly being an asshole.”
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2020 5:14 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 445, gibus wrote:
In post 391, gibus wrote:My read list right now from town to scum

[gibus, votato, feathers]

[CopyKat, ironcat]

[brassherald, Freddie]

[Formerfish, lilith2013]
CopyKat -> His initial townread on votato made sense. I like how he hopped on to my wagon when I made an unclear post which could've been seen as a scum slip without hesitation. He hasn't been anti-town in any of his posts. He hasn't been here for long so with the current information I put him in blue.

ironcat -> His paranoia in RVS strikes me as town. I don't agree with his recent list (#368) but his ISO seems to me like he is trying to help as town (apart from his fights). I didn't know about "bussing", and since I scumread fish, I townread ironcat a little bit more.

Freddie -> I have't seen much of him. Hence neutral.

Formerfish -> #227 for scumread.

lilith2013 -> I didn't like your interaction with fish. You didn't mention any of his posts in your recap (#351) and you accuse him of first throwing shade on your slot and then WhiteKnighting you, neither of which I think he did (I didn't see #412 when I posted this, I take this back. I now put you in yellow.). I also disagree with #372, where you hop on the copykat wagon because he hopped on my wagon (sensible reason).
Can you explain your tiers please?
Green = townreads
Red = scumreads
what are yellow and blue?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”