Newbie 2004: Trash Panada Hour. Redux! GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 4:36 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Votecount 1.08
Iamironcat (3)
- Freddiethelady, Formerfish, lilith2013,
Formerfish (1)
- iamironcat
CopyKat (2)
- Brassherald, votato,
Votato (1)
- feathers

Not Voting (3) -
feathers, gibus, CopyKat

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2020-05-20 11:05:00)
Last edited by Elmo TeH AzN on Fri May 15, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
feathers
feathers
Townie
feathers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 4:54 am

Post by feathers »

I didn't vote votato, Elmo. She's like the last person I'd vote in this group heh.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 4:57 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 547, feathers wrote:Hold on Fish I literally didn't notice votato's string until you pointed it out heh. Would've been completely bamboozled by this charmer.
VOTE:ATO
5) For your vote to be counted, it must be bolded or in vote tages, like so: VOTE: Elmo TeH AzN or VOTE: ETA
If It looks like a vote it will be counted.
Last edited by Elmo TeH AzN on Thu May 14, 2020 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Permanently V/LA
feathers
feathers
Townie
feathers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 5:00 am

Post by feathers »

Fair fair. UNVOTE: Votato.
Freddiethelady
Freddiethelady
Goon
Freddiethelady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:14 am

Post by Freddiethelady »

In post 553, Formerfish wrote:
In post 552, Freddiethelady wrote:i subconsciously decided i would trying to avoid saying something that might get that reaction out of you because the noise is useless
This sounds suspiciously like "I didn't want to draw your attention because I'm scum and don't want you to have a reason to focus on me, please oh please just go away."

Such a shitty reason to punt the responsibility of reading someone as well. I think my posting shows that if you come at me on the level and I feel like intentions are pure that I am more than capable of having a rational discussion about the game and the players in it. I know it's a little hard to swallow, but I think that if you compare my recent posting to my early posting you'll see a difference in them.

I've already rustled people's jimmies, now I'm playing my game, you wanna play with me?
after i posted that comment, i was reading through the feed again and i noticed that. so i agree, your posts are different. honestly you could probably insert 'unsure about my reads' in the part you sentence for the word scum to read: i dind't want to draw your attention because im unsure about my reads...i know that makes for a poor playmate but it is what it is. brass even said he forgot i was playing. lol. but i digress.

my intention is to look more into lilith and ironcat again. the pair of them are the center of most of the tension and im not sure if that's a coincidence. i know thats been pointed out, and well established. the other person i am curious about and watching is brass. i played my first game with brass and he was pretty loud and opinionated - it surprises me that he isn't the same way. he said he was away and doing mothers day stuff which is completely legitimate but it still makes me wonder about him...thats where im focusing my reading and analysis for a while.
Freddiethelady
Freddiethelady
Goon
Freddiethelady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:32 am

Post by Freddiethelady »

also, in post #53 i voted for ironcat because it was the RVS and he was being flaky as i stated. after that i was reading through his ios and watching his exchanges with the other players. i get the sense that he is just trying to clear his name but he had engaged in a few fights that forced him to justify some emotionally charged posts, which is hard to do when every word is scrutinized (as it should be in a game like this lol). in addition, and this is a gut read, post #159 #550 and his unusual attempts to 'draw out scum' don't seem like a scummy things to do to me. for that im going to unvote/ironcat/unvote
Freddiethelady
Freddiethelady
Goon
Freddiethelady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 6:33 am

Post by Freddiethelady »

crap that unvote didn't show up

UNVOTE: ironcat

see post #580 for justification
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by Formerfish »

VOTE: Freddie
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

fish, explain your vote please?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Freddie came out hot and heavy, then went away and is cold now. He was voting and pushing ironcat, and then he unvoted and is pushing no one.

I think that there is a good chance that Freds scum who is comfortable with letting us rip into each other, because we kinda are.

Also the idea that he didnt want to comment on anything i said because he feared my wrath, even after i had dropped the mask and started playing my day 2 mode on day 1. It shows a lack of wanting to sort or any attempt to even appear to be sorting people.

The only wagon we had really is on Ironcat, and with Freddie moving his vote while not moving it to a constructive place leaves it shelved and gathering dust. Instead of letting Ironcat stew and potentially slip up and do something AI Freddie removes the pressure and does nothing with it instead.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Freddiethelady
Freddiethelady
Goon
Freddiethelady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 2:34 am

Post by Freddiethelady »

In post 584, Formerfish wrote:Freddie came out hot and heavy, then went away and is cold now. He was voting and pushing ironcat, and then he unvoted and is pushing no one.

I think that there is a good chance that Freds scum who is comfortable with letting us rip into each other, because we kinda are.

Also the idea that he didnt want to comment on anything i said because he feared my wrath, even after i had dropped the mask and started playing my day 2 mode on day 1. It shows a lack of wanting to sort or any attempt to even appear to be sorting people.

The only wagon we had really is on Ironcat, and with Freddie moving his vote while not moving it to a constructive place leaves it shelved and gathering dust. Instead of letting Ironcat stew and potentially slip up and do something AI Freddie removes the pressure and does nothing with it instead.
i can see why you would say that if you were scum. you, lilith, and ironcat are the main sources of friction during this game (oh and kat) and most people have their suspicions about the lot of you. i just unvoted because i wasn't sure, and didn't cast my vote elsewhere. where as you did the opposite. you also bailed on the wagon and said 'she bailed which is scummy' but is entirely scummy of you. if you really thought that ironcat was scum you would say 'shit, now i have to convince freddie et al again' or 'why would you do that, we were so close!!" or something to that nature. whereas if you're scum, you would say, 'freddie is an easy target now' which is exactly what you did. i told you why i voted him in the first place, why i unvoted him. i wasn't comfortable participating in that wagon because there had been character developments. the abandonment of your suspicions towards ironcat on a whim appears extremely opportunistic to me.
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:19 am

Post by gibus »

Fish, what do you think about copykat?
outsmarts bullet
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Prodding Half The Player list.

Permanently V/LA
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Yawn
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by votato »

hmm. this isnt good. where are the people? what do they think about formerfish and lilith?
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 6:06 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Iamironcat is being replaced.

Permanently V/LA
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:39 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Vota, tldr your copykat read.

Like in 3-5 points.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri May 15, 2020 11:47 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 589, votato wrote:hmm. this isnt good. where are the people? what do they think about formerfish and lilith?
Scum lean on Fish. Still prefer a Kat lynch
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
feathers
feathers
Townie
feathers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 12:12 am

Post by feathers »

Sorry, I've got some upcoming tests so been pretty busy. I think FormerFish is town, maybe I'm too trusting like Gibus said, but his gambit post explains his behavior pretty well and doesn't feel beneficial for scum to attract so much attention early like he did. Don't really buy into the bussing critique either, seems like just Fish being equally Fish-esque with everyone. I still want to see more of his post-pivot actions to decide how organic this feels though.
Lilith I also think is town, she's been helpful with her questions and advice. A couple people suspect her based on feels but I asked for people to explain in depth and no one did. Ironcat's arguments against her about opportunity voting and bussing feels like him being his paranoid self more than anything, like I could see things that way but it also feels like he's doing the 'jumping at shadows' thing he accused Lilith of doing. Same idea with Fish, not super certain on my town evaluation, I want to see how she behaves now that Ironcat, their biggest critic, is gone.
I don't really have any strong thoughts on who's mafia atm except perhaps CopyKat, so I'm mainly trying to do the process of elimination by townreads thing several other people are doing. I wanted to reread the archives to give more specific points to back these ideas up but haven't got time yet.
feathers
feathers
Townie
feathers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 12:12 am

Post by feathers »

So yeah, same thing as my last post in 536 basically :P
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 2:36 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Lilith2013 & CopyKat (expired on 2020-05-18 06:30:00) To Post before I look for a replacement

Permanently V/LA
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 4:34 am

Post by votato »

In post 295, votato wrote:VOTE: copykat. i agree with brass. its mostly gut, but copykat seems pretty opportunistic hopping on the major wagon, putting it to L-1 without saying anything. I also see nothing in copykats case about scumslippng. Not a strong case against copykat, ill concede, but worth pressuring. I still dont like ironcat, but that might just be due to language barrier.
In post 515, votato wrote:
In post 295, votato wrote:VOTE: copykat. i agree with brass. its mostly gut, but copykat seems pretty opportunistic hopping on the major wagon, putting it to L-1 without saying anything. I also see nothing in copykats case about scumslippng. Not a strong case against copykat, ill concede, but worth pressuring. I still dont like ironcat, but that might just be due to language barrier.
the reason i voted you is not because you pressured gibus or unvoted. its because you didnt state reasoning for your vote which made it seem very opportunistic. and then i didnt like your ex post reasoning for the vote. you liking gibus' answer seems like you're just backtracking after getting called out. from the beginning it was clearly not a scumslip.

maybe you honestly just saw something that wasnt there, which is why im saying just go on playing and maybe youll do something to convince me you arent scum. your narrative around your voting patterns seems less likely to me than the alternative that i present. you havent addressed my thinking at all. your narrative is parallel and mutually exclusive, but you havent explained why i should reject my narrative and accept yours.
In post 569, votato wrote:
In post 568, CopyKat wrote:
In post 567, votato wrote:so you had a townread on me when you were voting me but now you're not sure so you unvoted me?
I had a town read on you.

There were a series of posts where I explained my vote on gibus and I didn't think you were making a good faith attempt to understand my side of things. I thought you could be scum.

After I calmed down I realized that my "scum" read on you was likely an emotional response so I unvoted.

Looking back at your ISO I still see some townie things but I have lingering doubts now
wishy. washy. why would you vote someone you townread? and now youre saying that your vote was pure OMGUS? you arent exactly making a great case for yourself here.

In all honesty, i cant decide if copykat is just noobtown 9r scum though. I need more content from that slot to properly evaluate. Interesting that of all the reads of all the people you chose that one, fish. Im continuing further and further down the road to fish and lilith being the scumpair. Or at least one of them.
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 5:01 am

Post by gibus »

Why Lilith? PoE?
outsmarts bullet
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 5:08 am

Post by votato »

In post 597, gibus wrote:Why Lilith? PoE?
poe is part of it. Theres near zero content here, so its a bit hard to judge. Copykat is independently scummy. Lilith and fish are scummy together. Fish is doing some gambit allegedly, so probably shouldnt lynch there today
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sat May 16, 2020 6:12 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Blegh I’m being a vegetable atm, work has been brutal this week. Wanted to ISO ironcat cause I had some points I wanted to make even if he’s getting replaced. Will post in a bit.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”